Author Topic: Story Progession Fixed?  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Fuzzle139

• Llama Wrangler
Story Progession Fixed?
« on: July 15, 2013, 04:21:52 PM »
I was just playing in Aurora Skies, and chose to gossip with a sim. The message that popped up was 'Adam Birch has just had a baby. Isn't it the cutest little thing?' or something along those lines. Adam Birch, according to the list of residents of Aurora Skies, isn't dating or married to a pregnant sim. Does this mean that a sim managed to get into a relationship and have a child without my intervention? -really hoping this is the case-

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Story Progession Fixed?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 04:25:13 PM »
Sorry that the game falsely got your hopes up, but one woman in Aurora Skies is pregnant with Adam Birch's baby at the start of the game (I don't have the town, so I'm getting this from the townie list). He's just friends with his babymomma, hence why it would seem like story progression did the whole matter.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Fuzzle139

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 04:38:33 PM »
Darn. >=( I was hoping that miraculously installing every expansion pack fixed story progression. xD

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 12:22:45 PM »
 Yeah, it stinks. Lol, it took me seven generations of playing to figure out the town wasn't reproducing. I've turned to Twallans StoryProgression mod. If you really want to fix it, you might want to check out the mod section and see if its something you'd want to do. I never really wanted to put mods in my game but it is a really good and safe mod to use and it's made the towns really come to life. :)
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 11:56:29 PM »
If you can't use the mods (my computer isn't able to use that mod) or you don't like to use them, then you could "seed" the town. That is what I have started to do, start up a game, and play a family and have them have lots of kids. 
In RV, I took Walter Grisby and his wife (I think that is how his last name is spelled) and played them. She has the Surrounded by Family and so I gave them both the fertility treatment and she had twins.  I had her get pregnant and then moved out the daughter, who I had aged up and had her marry a sim that I added to the town, one of my own created sims, and they had triplets.   I had hoped for Walter's wife to have twins again, but she had only one child.  But Laurel and her hubby had two girls and a boy.  So, with her and her mother's combined, if I add them both to the town at the same time, I will have six sims ranging from newborn (triplets) , toddler (female)  to just turned to child (twin boy and girl). 

Or, just create a family with parents and two or three kids (whatever ages you want/need), save them and then add them to the game when every you need fresh meat sims. 
I prefer to create my own so that way I can have the traits I want, not some random negative traits. 

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 10:13:47 AM »
Errgh,,, the title of this thread got all my hopes up :'(

Me, I make my broody sims reproduce with all the possible townies :P
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 02:41:53 PM »
There are several ways of "seeding" a town without mods, and at least one method of getting "new blood" into town which does not require any use of cheats or edit town.  It would be nice if this aspect of story progression was fixed, but, somehow, at this late stage, with Sims 4 soon to be published, I doubt if it will be fixed.

If you need a few extra teenagers in town to provide romantic interest for your teens, then you can invite the newspaper boy/girl in and give them a birthday party.  If it's a young adult you need, invite them back the following day and give them another birthday party.  You have an endless supply of "new blood" this way and it is a valid method for challenges etc.

If the game you are playing is simply for fun then, the method I use is to produce a number of pregnant families and save them to the bin.  To do this, I started a new game in a town I never use for normal play, and in turn, I made each of the townie couples my active household, used the cheat to get them both fertility treatment then...... Finally I exited to edit town, evicted them and saved them.  The joy of this method is, you can be sure of at least a single birth when they have been placed in town, but, more often twins or triplets and you have no idea what sexes the new borns will be.  Once I had enough pregnant couples in my bin I simply abandoned the game.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.