Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 196810 times)

Offline LIUBluejeans

• Nooboo
Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #540 on: July 11, 2012, 11:54:22 AM »
Well, I was around and on computers before the Internet and before The Sims (yes, children, there was still life before these things) and my username used to always be Bluejeans.  As more and more people joined the online community, my name was harder and harder to secure. 

Then, about 6 months after The Sims came out, I was invited to moderate one of the few fansite forums.  I started writing tip columns, creating downloadable objects for the game, and moderating group discussions on the forums.  In order to identify moderators on the board, we all changed our usernames to start with the letters LIU for Livin' It Up (the UK name for the first expansion pack of the first game)... hence, I became LIUBluejeans.  And THAT username is never taken so I use it everywhere now.

shadowdodo23

« Reply #541 on: July 11, 2012, 02:53:25 PM »
It used to be my x-box live name.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tantara

• Nooboo
« Reply #542 on: July 11, 2012, 03:14:33 PM »
Back when my son was around 5 years old (so approximately 1998-99) I had my first internet set-up at home.  My son, whom I allowed one 30-minute television show per day (and who usually didn't take me up on the offer unless he was sick or it was pouring rain out, thank goodness...We are not a TV household even now.) was having his Blue's Clues time, and I was sitting a few feet away setting up my profiles and such.  If anyone remembers back to the mid-90s, Nick Jr. had this mascot during its toddler programming block who was named Face.  He was literally just a bold smiling face "drawn" on a color-changing screen, and he announced the shows.  Part of his schtick was to pretend to blow a trumpet fanfare.  I was wracking my brain to come up with a username that I could stand that wasn't already taken or too silly, when I heard that trumpet sound.  My brain reminded me that a brief, announcing horn fanfare of that sort  is called a "tantara."  I liked that, and I've used it ever since.  :)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #543 on: July 24, 2012, 08:55:25 PM »
Tantara, I grew up in the 90's so I know exactly what you're talking about! I certainly remember Face! ;D

Offline ashleighjane

• Nooboo
« Reply #544 on: July 25, 2012, 09:48:14 AM »
Thankfully mine is simple. Just my name and my middle name put together  :P

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #545 on: July 25, 2012, 02:13:04 PM »
My user name for this forum is: ILoveDolls. That's because I, well, I like dolls. I played Sims 1 very briefly and Sims 2 like a maniac and then my interest in it sort of waned and I started designing outfits for this site called StarDolls. Well, after Sims 3 came out, I abandoned that, but I still love dolls :)

My Sims 3 forum name/as well as my XBOX360 profile(not my gamertag) is all under Dash3001. Why that? When my son was in kindergarten, I had a parent conference. Nothing bad. It's just that my son had stopped signing his papers with his name and instead would sign them: Dash. Lol. By process of elimination, the teacher was able to figure out who 'Dash' was. His earlier Club Penguin/Wizard 101accts became Dash2001 so I became 3001.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #546 on: July 25, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »
My user name for this forum is: ILoveDolls. That's because I, well, I like dolls. I played Sims 1 very briefly and Sims 2 like a maniac and then my interest in it sort of waned and I started designing outfits for this site called StarDolls. Well, after Sims 3 came out, I abandoned that, but I still love dolls :)

My Sims 3 forum name/as well as my XBOX360 profile(not my gamertag) is all under Dash3001. Why that? When my son was in kindergarten, I had a parent conference. Nothing bad. It's just that my son had stopped signing his papers with his name and instead would sign them: Dash. Lol. By process of elimination, the teacher was able to figure out who 'Dash' was. His earlier Club Penguin/Wizard 101accts became Dash2001 so I became 3001.
You probably shouldn't give out his usernames for those sites as your username isn't your display name (or at least for Wizard101). It's the same as giving out a password without a username.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Bleak
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Brimstone and Decay
« Reply #547 on: July 28, 2012, 08:45:55 AM »
Contrary to popular belief, mine came from the Babylonian king.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #548 on: July 28, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »
Contrary to popular belief, mine came from the Babylonian king.
I think I've seen a few Hammurabis running around here... Hmm.

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #549 on: July 28, 2012, 12:54:14 PM »
Ok stay with me on this one:

My family is Santie (grandma), "Mom" (agreed upon by the whole family for this purpose - mom), Raul (dad), L'Lani (sister) and Dewald (myself). Now, if you take those initials they neatly coincide with the initials of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Splinter, Michaelangelo, Raphael, Leonardo and Donatello. SO when I was only half my current age I realised the four Turtles' names (Splinter's a rat) are derived from legendary Italian artists. So... Then to my shock I foun out that Donatello was ACTUALLY Donato do Niccolo di Betto Bardi... So my simself is Donato Bardi, and my Forum name is Donatello :)
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #550 on: July 29, 2012, 01:01:56 PM »
Ok stay with me on this one:

My family is Santie (grandma), "Mom" (agreed upon by the whole family for this purpose - mom), Raul (dad), L'Lani (sister) and Dewald (myself). Now, if you take those initials they neatly coincide with the initials of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Splinter, Michaelangelo, Raphael, Leonardo and Donatello. SO when I was only half my current age I realised the four Turtles' names (Splinter's a rat) are derived from legendary Italian artists. So... Then to my shock I foun out that Donatello was ACTUALLY Donato do Niccolo di Betto Bardi... So my simself is Donato Bardi, and my Forum name is Donatello :)

The TMNT are awesome.  The movie theater near my house has a Saturday morning flashback movie, they dig one up and Saturdays at 11am they show it.... two weeks ago it was the original (1990 version) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie.... I was out of town... I almost cried, I wanted to see it again in big screen.  Love the name though (first thing I think of when I see Donatello is the TMNT. :D)

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #551 on: July 29, 2012, 01:51:14 PM »
The movie theater near my house has a Saturday morning flashback movie, they dig one up and Saturdays at 11am they show it.... two weeks ago it was the original (1990 version) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie.... I was out of town... I almost cried, I wanted to see it again in big screen.

Ok seriously where in the world do you live where they resurrect heroes in worthy fashion??? I wanna move there!!! I gasped like a fish Out of water when I realised what I'm missing out on... I nearly cried too. My simself is a tribute to the Italian sculptor (Donato's next career is as a sculptor) and hids personality traits a torch to the Donatello we knew as kids.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #552 on: July 29, 2012, 06:38:53 PM »
Ok seriously where in the world do you live where they resurrect heroes in worthy fashion??? I wanna move there!!! I gasped like a fish Out of water when I realised what I'm missing out on... I nearly cried too. My simself is a tribute to the Italian sculptor (Donato's next career is as a sculptor) and hids personality traits a torch to the Donatello we knew as kids.

I live in Western Canada, the theater also has classic movies on Sundays (this week its "African Queen"  September has "Singing in the Rain") though the classics are intermixed with opera and wrestling, the family movie next week is "Follow that Bird" (hello Sesame Street fans!).

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #553 on: July 30, 2012, 07:55:55 PM »
My rouge in D&D named Dextra. And the year/month/day I was born in is divisable by 2. And 4 but I liked 2 better.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

IntheClouds

« Reply #554 on: August 01, 2012, 02:06:49 PM »
My head has been recently in the clouds because of summer, so it seemed fitting.

anything