Author Topic: Between Dreams and Sunset - COMPLETE  (Read 16145 times)

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
Between Dreams and Sunset - COMPLETE
« on: July 26, 2013, 05:25:15 PM »
Soo this is my first Sims story! I've been brainstorming so much on how I was going to make my first story, genre and all. I tried a few things by coming up with a storyline first and then try to make my sims act it out, but since I'm still a nooboo in Sims 3 that was a real pain so I decided that I am going to do it the other way around: I'm just gonna let my sims live their lives and follow them around, while I make up a story around their lives. This actually turned out to work a lot better than my first idea, so here is my first sims story!~

Chapters:
7. - THE END

----

In Between Dreams and Sunset we follow our main character Halinor Swift as she sets foot in the small Sunset Valley to look for a job. She moved from her parents’ farm, after she decided that she didn’t want to follow her mothers footsteps as a farmer’s wife. Her parents didn’t agree and disinherited her, swearing that she would never be their daughter again. So that made her a young adult without family, looking for a new and more exiting life in Sunset Valley. What she didn’t know, was that she ended up in the kind of town where not many people make it outside of the valley… is this really the kind of town where she can fulfill her undecided dreams?

Meet Halinor:
Traits:
- Great sense of humor
- Not flirty
- Ambitious
- Excitable
- Animal lover

She’s a young adult typical farmgirl. Her traits give her great potential in life, though it might be a bit hard for her to find the love of her life since she’s a complete noob when it comes to guys and flirting.  Maybe she will get there with her great sense of humor, though… Halinors biggest wish is to become a famous and superrich sim, the complete opposite of what her parents are. Hows she’s gonna get there, she’s not so sure though. From the money she saved herself she was able to buy a small wooden cabin that you could hardly call a house. It was not much, but it was enough to survive. From here on, she only wants to move forward in life.

------

It was a sunny morning when Halinor reached her cabin in sunset valley. She had never felt really free from her farm until she finally reached the place. Now, with great enthusiasm, she looked upon her small new home. It was not much, but it was more than she ever had for herself before. Plus, she had everything she needed. It looked like she was living in some rich part of the city, because the houses around her small cabin were all huge. She knew that the cabin was originally a garage to her neighbors, so she decided to pay them a visit and thank them for her new home.

The Bunch family was pretty rich. Mr. Jack Bunch and his wife Judy had four children: two teens called Ethan and Lisa and two younger children called Arlo and Darlene.

They had sold the garage because it looked ugly with the rest of their house, so it was better off as a separate house, so that the neighborhood could not blame them for having such an ugly garage. They sold the house to a pretty farm girl that looked like she would never cause any trouble, so they were happy and lived on without any worries. As long as they didn’t have to become friends with the girl, no one would talk badly about them.
But at the day the new girl moved in, none of them could hold back their curiosity and they all went outside to have a look.

Halinor was never really a shy girl, but when she walked onto her neighbors lane and saw the whole family standing outside, her stomach turned a little bit. They looked at her as if she was some kind of zoo animal. The fat lady was probably the one she talked to over the phone about the house, so she decided to walk up to her. “Hello, I am you new neighbor. I just moved in five minutes ago. My name is Halinor. Thank you for selling your cabin to me,” she introduced herself politely. The lady smiled and shook her hand. “Hello Halinor, how nice to finally see you in person. My name is Judy, you can call me Mrs. Bunch. These are my husband and children. We are very pleased to have such a fine looking girl like you living in our cabin next door.”
Halinor felt relieved she got a warm welcome from the lady. Just a few minutes ago it looked like they didn’t like her at all…

What she didn’t notice, was that Judy’s daughter Lisa was looking at her in disgust. “Look at her,” she whispered to her younger sister Darlene. “She’s so fat! And her clothes! She looks like she just came walking out of the dark ages.”

“Mom is more fat than her,” Darlene mentioned with an innocent face.

“Shut up Darlene,” Lisa said slightly irritated. Of course she knew her mom was as fat as you could get, but that didn’t mean that she couldn’t call other people fat, did it?

“Well, I’ve got lots of household chores to do and I’m sure you still have to unpack quite a bit. Have a good day, Halinor, and welcome in Sunset Valley!” Judy said after she had listened to the girl and her chitchat for a bit. Halinor nodded. “You’re right, I still got so much to do to get me started here. See you around, Mrs. Bunch!”

As soon as she turned around, the friendly smile on Judy’s face disappeared. Maybe it was too soon to think this girl wouldn’t cause any trouble. If she really was going to expect that they could be friends, she had it all wrong.

Halinor had no clue though, about the secret disgust the Bunch family had for her. She was happy that she got to have a nice conversation with Mrs. Bunch and already felt like her life in this town was going to be so much better than life back home at the farm. But of course, in order to be able to actually live a life, she had to find a job.
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: Between Dreams and Sunset
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »
That's an interesting beginning.  I look forward to seeing how this shapes up.  ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Anna33

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 08:36:46 PM »
I like how this story is starting, I wonder what kind of job she will get, maybe be a horsewoman? :)

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 03:52:44 AM »
The funny thing is, that I'm just as curious haha! I am a little ahead in my screenshots and so far I've been 'lucky' because my sim keeps getting herself into trouble (Or at least giving me oppurtunities to make it seem like she's in trouble). This way she's giving me great oppurtunities to make this story interesting ^^.

-----

As she looked in the paper she found out that there were tons of jobs that could fit her skill level perfectly. As a farm girl, she was really handy when it came to taking care of a lot of things, and even repairing. But Halinor wasn’t planning on taking a job that would fit her old skills. She wanted something completely new. And most of all, she wanted to become just as rich as her neighbors. So without doubt, she picked a job that was complete opposite of what would suit her skills: a coffee lady in the business career.
It was not really a job to be proud of, but at least it was a start in a career that could get her really rich in the future. At least, that’s what she hoped for.

Happy that she found a new job so quickly, Halinor grabbed one of her favorite books that she brought with her from home: The Witchmasters of Palladia. She was only a few pages from the ending when the doorbell suddenly rang. This was surprising, because Halinor never expected to have a visitor on her first day in her new house. Curious as to who it was, she stored her book away and opened the door.

In front of her was a man that had a foreign look. He was balding and his weight showed  that he had never known what hunger was. He looked arrogant, but Halinor was raised not to have any prejudices, so she smiled at him and asked him what she could do for him.

“I heard you moved into town,” the man said. He didn’t introduce himself at all. “I just came by to let you know that we don’t appreciate it when new folks like you come to stir up the town. You better keep a low profile, or you’ll have to deal with me. Do you understand?”

The man looked pretty serious, so Halinor decided to stare at her feet and nod quietly. “Yes sir,” she whispered.

“This is not personal, lady. We just don’t want any trouble,” he added a little bit more friendly. She nodded again, and the man left without ever telling her who he was.

She found out the next morning though, when the carpool picked her up to go to work.

The first coffee she needed to make was for the boss, and when she entered his office to give  him his coffee, she was surprised by the familiar face! It was the man from yesterday, that had warned her not to cause any trouble. “Well hello again,” he said. His nameplate on the desk read Iqbal Alvi. Halinor wondered how she should pronounce a name like that. “H-hello sir! Here is your coffee. Extra sugar, as you like it,” she said, extremely thankful for the kind lady at the coffee machine that had told her this secret. “Wonderful, thank you. What was your name again?” he asked, as if he had asked before. Halinor decided not to make a point out of it. “Halinor, Sir. Halinor Swift.”
“Alright then Halinor, since you were smart enough to apply for a job at this wonderful company of mine, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Don’t make me regret it. Good day.”
He waved his hand as a sign that she could leave. “thank you Sir, I appreciate your kindness,” she said with a relieved smile. She rushed back to the coffee machine to continue her work, working extra hard this time.

Back home Halinor grabbed the new paper from her lawn. As she scanned through it for interesting news, she noticed a small event agenda. It stated that some pub called The Tavern would be a hotspot tonight, so whoever wanted to have some fun had to be there.

It seemed like a great opportunity to meet some new people in town. Without hesitating Halinor dressed up in her favorite dress and jumped in a cab towards The Tavern.

Outside, a big dark skinned guy was standing near the door. This was the first time Halinor saw anyone with a dark skin, so she was a bit scared to go inside. But when she neared him, the guy showed her a very friendly smile and shook her hand. “Hello girl! You must be new in town! Aren’t you a pretty one. What brings you to the good old Tavern?”

Not scared anymore because of his very friendly approach, Halinor smiled back at him. “Nice to meet you, you can call me Halinor. I came here because the paper told me this is where the fun would be,” she told him.

“Halinor, what an unusual name! I’m Beau, nice to meet you, Halinor. What do you say, want to go inside? We got a foosball table.”
She had never played foosball before, but Beau went on ahead and she could do nothing else but follow.

The Beastly Legacy

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 06:10:05 AM »
Wow, Halinor is really pretty.  She kind of reminds me of Taylor Swift.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »
I know, it made me think of her as well! I think it's the hairstyle... ^^. God I've become quite addicted to taking screenshots of Halinors life. I already have over 300... It's going  to be a pain in the ass to sort them all out e.e'.

----

Inside it was not very crowded, but  that didn’t seem to matter to the people. Some guy and a woman were dancing like their lives depended on it. A woman that was still in her nurse uniform entered the pub after her. She probably came straight out of work.

The pub was pretty big for such a small town. No one occupied the bar, which meant you had to make your own drinks. She sat on a barstool and watched how the lady in the nurse uniform poured herself a drink en threw a few simoleons in a box on the bar. Such honesty.

“Ain’t it awesome? You can just get yourself a drink! And you can decide your own price as well. It’s all thanks to the rich folks that this bar is still standing,” Beau said, as he waited for his turn to tap a beer.

Halinor never had any alcohol in her life, so she decided to get away from the bar and check out the foosball table. Beau seemed busy with the nurse, so she practiced on her own for a bit. As she already expected, she was horrible.

“Ok! I’m here to beat you!"
Beau had come to the foosball table and watched how Halinor was failing.

“Are you ready?” he asked with his broad smile. Halinor shook her head. “No, but do I have a choice?” she asked.
“Nope,” Beau laughed, and he threw the ball on the table.

She actually managed to score one goal against him and was cheering so loud the whole pub could hear her.

A woman standing at the bar looked at the table and sighed in disapproval. “Kids these days, they don’t know how to behave.”

“I heard that girl grew up on a farm. I bet her parents yelled at her all day, that’s why she can’t keep her voice down.”
Behind the bar, the woman that was dancing wildy a moment ago was now reading a book. When she answered Agnes, she didn’t look up at all.

“Beau seems to get along with her,” Agnes said to Victoria, who was Beau’s wife.
Now she looked up from her book and looked at the two playing foosball. “Beau gets along with everyone,” she said, as if that was the only way to explain he could be friends with a girl like that.

“Well Halinor, this was a blast, but I have to go now. See you around some day,” Beau said after they had played for almost an hour. Halinor decided that if Beau left, her fun was over as well. She had noticed the other people looking at her and didn’t really feel comfortable around them. As soon as Beau was out of sight, she took her own cab back to her cabin.

All the playing until after midnight had made her pretty tired, so as soon as she came home she crawled In her bed and closed her eyes. Her second day hadn’t been that bad. Her boss was nicer to her than she first expected and she made a new friend today. Maybe tomorrow would be even better.

That night, her luck took a 180 degree turn...

The Beastly Legacy

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 06:08:31 AM »

Even though there were so many expensive houses with expensive stuff around her little cabin, the thief that was roaming the night still decided that Halinor would be his next victim. As he expected, her little cabin didn’t have any alarm installed. These days it was really hard to find a house that was so easy to break into. As he sneaked inside, Halinor kept on sleeping peacefully.

She was in such a deep sleep, that she didn’t even wake up when the thief grabbed a HUGE sac and crammed her small couch inside it. In silence the thief laughed victorious. On his toes he left the cabin, leaving the sleeping Halinor without a couch to sit on.

She only found out that her couch was gone the next day. “NO! My couch!! Where did it go?!!” she yelled at the empty spot in her home. What douchebag did something like this?! To a new neighbor?!

She wanted to stay home and be angry about it all day, but at that time she heared the sound of the claxon telling her the carpool to work had arrived. Just because she wanted to get a promotion as soon as possible she swallowed her anger and quickly jumped into the car to go to work.

As if the day wasn’t bad enough already, at work Halinor was told that she had to work overtime because the company fused with some other company. Making more coffee for people who only got crankier by the hour because of the amount of work they had to do was not exactly the kind of distraction she searched for.
Because of the late hours, a few of her colleagues actually started talking to her today. She regconized the man from the bar that had danced so wildly and felt a bit awkward around him. He didn’t seem to mind her presence at all though. When she brought him his third coffee of the evening, he looked at her with a certain sparkle in his eyes. “It’s nice to meet you, Halinor. I think you and I will get along just fine. My name is Thornton Wolff. Most people call me Wolf.”
Halinor gave him an uncomfortable smile. She put his coffee on the table, shook his hand quickly and rushed back to the machine. This guy was so intimidating!

It was almost 8 pm when the boss finally came to her coffee machine to tell her the work was done.
“You’ve done a great job today, Halinor,” Iqbal said. He pulled an envelope out of his pocket and handed it over to her. “I think making coffee doesn’t suit you. From tomorrow, you can come back as an archive official. I put a small bonus in the envelop for your hard work today.”

Overjoyed with her promotion Halinor went straight to the furniture shop with her new bonus. It was exactly enough to buy her a new couch AND to install a thief alarm. Next time that darn thief wouldn’t be able get away so quietly anymore.

----

Stay tuned for chapter 2 which has more interaction with a certain married man, another handsome fella that takes the stage, more gossip around town and... KITTENSSS.

The Beastly Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 06:29:11 AM »
Halinor had best steer clear of that certain married man or her name will really be mud in this town.  I like the way this is shaping up.  Great screenshots too! ;D

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 04:29:36 PM »
Thank you! Taking screenshots is taking a lot of my playtime, especially since whenever I press tab most of the time the furniture and lighting disappears -__-. It's testing my patience :P. But I love the results!! I actually just made a screenshot that I think is so awesome I can't wait for it to show you guys, but my game is quite ahead of the story so we have to be patient e.e.

---

The next few days went by pretty quietly. Halinor had found a routine of getting out of bed, going to work, read the paper, have some dinner and go back to sleep again. There were no new break ins and no more angry neighbors at her door. She only had a minor incident with the sink, but since she was so handy when it came to repairing stuff, it was dealt with quickly.

At first she liked the quiet and simple life she was living, but after a while she became bored with it. She regretted that she didn’t ask for Beau’s phone number. They had so much fun in The Tavern.
When she came home from another day at work and picked up the paper, she read about the summer festival. Apparently there was some kind of carnival at the center square in town.
Halinor didn’t hestitate to go. It had been a while since she interacted with people beside from work. It made her feel lonely so she decided to check out what the carnival would bring her.

The carnival was not as busy as she would have thought, but she still saw a lot of people she hadn’t met before.

Because it was a hot summer day, she enjoyed an ice cone as soon as she arrived. While she was eating, she noticed a big table with a cardboard above it that had the words ‘FOOD CONTEST’ on it.

Halinor LOVED food. Especially hotdogs. Maybe this was a nice chance to earn some festival tickets that she could spend on some fun stuff. She signed up for the contest and looked at her contestants. They were all skinny and one was still a little kid. This contest was going to be extremely easy for her to win.

She was not mistaking. Long before the others finished their plate, Halinor was already licking her fingers.

The lady next to her even went behind the bushes to puke out the hotdogs she had just stuffed down.

Satisfied with her 25 festival tickets, Halinor wanted to go to the price booth to check out what she could buy with them, but one of the girls, Molly French,  came up to her. She didn’t even bother to introduce herself.
“Did you really think taking part in the eating contest was such a good idea? I mean, you’ve already got enough weight on your bones, don’t you think so? I guess back home you stuff all your food like this?”

Molly kept on throwing insults at her. When she was finally done, it was already dark outside.

Halinor was sick of the townies annoying her, so she decided to talk back for once.
“At least I’m not a wooden plank like you with no curves at all. Sad little girl, I almost feel sorry for you.”
She didn’t wait for a reply, turned her back to the girl and went to the pricing booth to buy herself some fireworks.

Around 9pm an announcer told everyone on the square  that the festivities were over and the carnival was closed. Very quickly after that everyone went home except for one. Halinor hadn’t noticed him because of the other people, but now that everyone was gone she saw him at the soccerfield. He didn’t seem to care that the carnival was closed. He continued shooting balls at the empty goal without any concern of his surroundings. Halinor watched him for a while from a far. He had a handsome face. She could see that immediately even though it was dark.

She caught herself staring when he finally looked up and noticed her. “Well hello there. Are you just gonna stand all the way over there like that? I don’t bite,” the guy said with a friendly smile. Halinors stomach turned a bit when she saw it. He really was gorgeous. She walked up to him and smiled back. “Sorry, I just didn’t want to disturb you in your practice.”

The guy whipped off some sweat from his forehead and shook her hand with the other one.
“I’m Christopher. I haven’t seen you in town before. Are you new?”
“Call me Halinor. Yes, as a matter of fact, I only moved into town last week. I live next to the Bunch family,” she told him.

“Really? That’s awesome! I just moved into town a couple of months ago and I was dying to have some friends that won’t look at me as if I’m from outer space. It seems the folks around here are not used to strangers. I think they have accepted me about now though… how are you holding up?”

It felt great to finally meet someone that was also new in town. She immediately felt a connection with him and it made her a lot more comfortable. She relaxed her tensed shoulders and told him about how she got the feeling everyone was talking behind her back. She also told him about her boss Iqbal, who first had been so mean to her but was now playing the nice boss card. She didn’t mention Wolf and his rather intimidating friendliness towards her, although she didn’t really know why not.

“Don’t worry about it, Hali. I bet you will fit in just perfectly sooner or later,” Christopher said. She loved how he called her Hali. It sounded playful. She wondered if it was ok for her to call him Chris.

They kept on talking for hours and really hit it off. Halinor was completely mesmerized by him, as she forgot to blink many times while she was looking at his perfect face.

She didn’t notice the full moon at all, or the zombie that emerged from the ground right behind them. He didn’t seem evil though, because he gave the two a very adoring look before he headed off somewhere else.

It was only when Halinor almost fainted from sleep that she told Christopher that she had to go home. He seemed disappointed, which made her heart jump a little. This was the first time a guy had achieved this with her, so that had to say a lot. That night was the first one in a few days that she finally slept safe and soundly.

The Beastly Legacy

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 05:29:59 PM »
Awww, Hali you picked the nicest male in Sunset Valley to make fast friends with.   ;)  You go girl!

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 07:01:17 PM »
Why is everyone calling her fat? She isn't fat.  :(
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 08:27:25 AM »
They are clearly jealous, and the guys don't agree with them at all xP.

----

The next morning Halinor got a flyer in her mail about a cooking contest in town that day. She immediately decided that she could bake her famous waffles. Back home everyone loved her waffles. She wondered if it would be the same in this town.

After a morning of baking she went to the restaurant to enter the contest. She was quite nervous but had no reason to be. Out of the twenty contestants she got second place! Being the newbie in town, she never expected the jury to be so loving about her cooking.

Feeling great, she went back home. There she found an invitation in the mail to a party from one of her colleagues at work: Iliana Langerak. She wondered why she was invited. Iliana was never really talkative with her at work. Still, she was happy with the invitation and decided to go. It was a pool party, so she packed her bathingsuit and jumped in the cab.

Iliana’s house was HUGE. Halinor had never expected her colleagues to be this rich. Did this mean that maybe one day she could have a house like this as well? With great enthusiasm she entered the house.

The first person to greet her was not the hostess, but Jamie Jolina. It was not a big surprise to Halinor anymore that Jamie already knew who she was. “Halinor! Nice to meet  you, I’m Jamie! I’ve heard so much about you! My neighbor Christopher just can’t seem to shut up about you. I was dying to meet you, so I’m glad Iliana invited you to the party!”

Christopher couldn’t shut up about her? This news tickled her stomach like crazy. She knew that she had a great time with him at the carnival, but she didn’t expect to have made such an impression that he would tell other people about her. It made her extremely happy.

Inside her happiness got quite ruined though, because the other guests were people she already knew. Jack and Judy Bunch were present, but she didn’t really care too much about them. It was Thornton Wolff and his sprakling eyes that made her smile disappear. She didn’t like it that he kept staring at her while she was in her bathing suit, so she turned around.

Not that it helped much, because she got hear the conversation between him, Judy and some stranger guy loud and clearly.
“Isn’t she the most beautiful girl we ever had in this town?”
“Don’t get involved with her, Wolf. She’s a farm girl. You don’t want to mess things up with Morgana because of someone like her. Think of your reputation.”

“Wolf is right though, this girl has some beauty I have never seen before.”

“Keep your eyes off her, Dave. She’s not yours to look at.”
“And what makes you believe you are an exception at that part?”
“I already know her quite well. She is my colleague.”
“I’m warning you, Wolf. Don’t get involved with her.”
“Oh don’t be like that, Judy. She’s nice and polite. I don’t get what your problem is.”
“She doesn’t belong here. And I’ve heard she’s been hanging out with that Christopher Steel. He will be a bad influence on her.”
“Not more than Wolf.”
“That’s not funny, Dave. I’m being sincere. I think I really like this girl.”

Halinors heart was beating like crazy. She didn’t know if it was because Wolf was talking about her like that, or if she was just angry because they were gossiping around her back. What made her angry the most was Judy’s attitude. She had acted so nice towards her when they met on her first day in Sunset Valley, and now she was talking about her as if she was some trash in her backyard.
She didn’t want to hear anything anymore. She closed her eyes and nose and jumped into the pool in front of her.

The water surrounding her ears was very calming. Once she came above water, she decided she was not going to care about Judy Bunch or Thornton Wolff anymore.

In the water she found hostess Iliona and her husband Parker, together with some blonde she didn’t know. They seemed to have a lot of fun with the three of them, but none of them bothered to ask Halinor if she wanted to join in.

She stayed in the water for a bit while she wondered if anyone was going to talk to her, but when they kept ignoring her she was completely sick of everything and decided she didn’t want to stay here anymore. The only one who had been nice to her was Jamie and she was nowhere to be found.

Even though the party was not over yet, Halinor climbed out of the water and changed back into her normal clothes. This angered hostess Iliona, who had clearly mentioned in her invitation that swimwear was the dresscode.

“What are you doing?” she asked with raised eyebrows.

Halinor was too upset to even try to be nice anymore. “I’m going home. I don’t feel very welcome at this party. See you at work, Iliona,” she explained boldly.

Without discussion, she ran out of the house, back to her safe home where no one would make her feel like trash.

The Beastly Legacy

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 04:15:27 PM »
I'm dividing the next part up into two parts or else it will be too long, so this one doesn't have many screenshots!
---

That night, Halinors dreams were full of wolves chasing her through the woods outside of her farm back home in Veronaville. The alpha of the pack, who was always running up front, had the same intimidating eyes as Thornton Wolff. Though Halinor was running as fast as she could, the wolf kept getting closer and closer. Then she tripped over a branch on the ground. She cried, knowing that the wolf would completely consume her. A warm hand reached for her shoulder. She slapped it away and turned around with a scared look in her eyes. Wolf's handsome human features covered the sun, casting his shadow upon her. Her heart was beating like crazy, as she couldn’t do anything when he came closer to her, grabbed her arm and pulled her back on her feet. “Why are you running? With me, you are more safe than you will ever be with anyone else.”
His low voice sizzled all the way through her bones. It was not fair. She just had no power around him. He embraced her and she could feel his breath in her ear. “Has anyone ever told you that you are the prettiest girl in town?”
With a loud BANG she fell out of her bed and woke up in shock. Her cheeks were glowing and her heart was beating like crazy. When she looked at her alarm clock she noticed that it was almost time to go to work. With weak legs and a red face she prepared herself for work and tried to get the strange dream out of her head. Especially because she had to face Wolf at work again.

Someone up in heaven must have had a crush on her, because before she even saw Wolf's face at work, a stranger came up to her with an offer that would rescue her from any awkward encounters in the future. It was a headhunter, and he was offering her different job, and not just any job.
“I  think our town needs someone fresh at the City Hall. What do you think about a career in politics?”
She didn’t really know if politics was made for her, but the idea that she’d get more influence in this town sounded pretty interesting, so she said yes. By the time she walked out of the building with her stuff, Wolf's car was not even parked in the garage yet.

Back home she got a phone call from him immediately. Of course he had noticed that she wasn’t at work today and he was devastated when she told him she’d found a different job. He finally made his first real move on her, asking her out for a date. Halinor still had the strange dream fresh in her mind and felt the fear in her body. She didn’t want to be alone with him, scared that she wouldn’t be able to refuse him like in her dream. She blew him off, but he didn’t give up that quickly. Instead, he invited her to his house for a goodbye party with a few of her ex-colleagues. There was no one in particular she wanted to say goodbye to, but before she could say no, Wolf told her that he texted everyone already. Now, of course she couldn’t refuse anymore.

Halinor remembered the last party she went to still pretty clearly. This time she was going to make sure no one would ignore her or talk badly about her behind her back. It was time to get rid of her farm girl look and start to look like more like a city girl. She was going to give herself an incredible make-over.

She straightened her hair, got rid of her farmers dress and bought a nice bow that went well with the color of her new dress. She’d always put on mascara and eyeliner every day, but now she experimented with eye shadow and lipstick until she was satisfied.

She looked at herself in the mirror. It felt as if she wasn’t looking at herself, but at someone else. Was this really the right way to blend in with the townies?

The Beastly Legacy

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 05:38:27 PM »
I actually didn't think there was anything wrong with how she looked before, but I do like the her formal outfit.  It's very becoming.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 04:28:42 AM »
I think she looks more pretty and 'real' with her old look, but Halinor thinks her looks make her not fit in with the townies.

----

Halinor had to catch her breath when she arrived at Wolf’s house. It was ENORMOUS. Even bigger than Iliona’s house. She’d always guessed he was a rich man, but THIS rich?! Why was a rich man like him so interested in a farm girl like her? She couldn’t understand at all.

Wolf had done a great deal to make her party as much fun for her as possible. He wasn’t bothering her at all, and he had only invited people that she either didn’t know or thought were nice. Jamie Jolina was there as well, and they talked for a bit. Jamie was a really nice girl. Not like the other townies at all.

After almost an hour Halinor still hadn’t said hi to Wolf, and she thought that she was being a bit rude now. He had done  his best to make this party fitting for her, only inviting cool people that didn’t seem to mind her presence at all. Even Frank Goddard was there, a celebrity from Sunset Valley that was also popular in Veronaville. He played guitar all evening and created a very pleasant atmosphere. In a really good mood, she decided to walk up to Wolf and thank him for the wonderful party he had thrown her.

She noticed that he wasn’t looking very happy for some reason. He also hadn’t really mingled with the other guests. Maybe something was wrong? As soon as he noticed her, his usual smile appeared, though.
“Halinor! Are you having fun at the party?” he asked.

Halinor nodded and smiled. “Yes, definitely, It’s the best party I’ve had so far. Thank you, Wolf,” she said.

They talked for a bit, about her new job and shared some gossip about Iqbal, her old boss. It was really fun and not scary or awkward at all. Now that she thought of it, this was actually the first time she talked to him in a normal way. They even danced for a bit.

Suddenly, during one of their dance moves when they came a little bit close to each other, Wolf stopped dancing and looked at her while their distance was very narrow. “I think you look very beautiful tonight,” he whispered, so  that no one else could hear it. Her heart skipped a beat, and she wasn’t able to reply anything. Guys never before had come this close to her. She wasn’t used to it.

Wolf let her go right after that though. He grabbed an empty plate from the table and disappeared into the kitchen.

Halinor, completely startled from the whole situation decided to go outside for a bit to cool off. As she watched the outstanding view, she thought about her situation with Wolf. Wat kind of situation was it, exactly? Even though she was a total noob when it came to flirting, Wolf was being so obvious that she knew that he wanted something from her. But how sincere was he? Somehow she had the feeling she couldn’t trust him. As if he had two faces…

The rest of the evening she made sure to stay away from him. That wasn’t very hard to do though, because Wolf clearly was not on earth with his mind. Even before the party had ended he went upstairs to go to bed. It bothered her more than she wanted, but it was not going to ruin her party.

She listened to Frank’s music, danced with Jamie and even had a conversation with a fairy. When the party ended, Halinor went home happy and tired, because of all the fun she had.

---

Stay tuned for chapter 3! We still got that kitten coming and Morgana Wolff has been dying to introduce herself to Halinor...

The Beastly Legacy

anything