Author Topic: Between Dreams and Sunset - COMPLETE  (Read 16181 times)

Louise56

Between Dreams and Sunset
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 10:15:03 AM »
I really enjoy your story! I wonder why Thornton is so unhappy?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
Re: Between Dreams and Sunset
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 04:23:54 AM »

The next morning was a disaster. As Halinor was baking her famous waffles to have a delicious breakfast, she set the stove on fire! Thank god she had an alarm installed, but that didn’t cause her to panic any less. She ran around the fire, screaming so loud the whole neighborhood could hear her.

In fear she watched how the fire lady walked right into the fire and bravely fought against the flames.

When she’d finally put It all out, Halinor remembered to breathe again. "Thank you," she said to the lady before she left. While she was looking at the charcoal black stove in front of her, her cell phone rang.
Of course it could have been no one else but him.
“I really enjoyed your company last night, Halinor. I want to make up for leaving your party early. Do you want to meet me?”
It sounded like he was trying to conceal the fact that he was asking her out on a date. Normally she would have said no, but when she looked at her burned stove again, she decided to go along with it for this time. This way she could postpone cleaning up the kitchen for a bit. Plus, she had to admit, Wolf had been very nice to her last night and she had a lot of fun talking to him. What harm could be in one date?

He was waiting for her a little bit outside of town at a fishing pond. She looked at his handsome back while she walked to him. Sometimes she wondered why exactly she was so afraid of this guy. She could never really explain it.

“Hey Wolf,” she said, to let him notice she was there. He turned around and looked at her. “You smell like fire,” he said immediately. “Did something happen?”
She told him about the huge fire in her house, how scared she had been and how brave the fire lady had put it all out.

He listened to her with amusement. “What are we doing here?” she asked him after she was done telling the story. “I thought this place was nice and quiet,” he said.

Halinor wanted to agree with him, but right at that time her stomach started to growl. “Oh that’s right, I missed my breakfast…” she suddenly realized.

Wolf laughed. “Want to go grab something to eat?” he asked. Halinor nodded immediately. They walked back towards the road, to his car. It was orange, quite a strange color. Halinor never sat in an expensive car like this before. Once in a while she glanced at Wolf, who was concentrating on the road. She realized he was the only person in Sunset Valley that contacted her almost every single day. She had to give him some credit for that.

At the restaurant, Halinor noticed a woman outside that was looking at them pretty intense. She recognized the woman from the Tavern, the nurse. She wondered why the woman kept staring at them like that. Maybe she knew Wolf or something. Maybe she had a crush on him…

They ate and stayed until it was dark. They talked a lot and Halinor found out Wolf was actually a pretty nice guy. He despised the name his parents gave him, that’s why everyone called him Wolf. His father was his great example, although he wasn’t sure if it was really what he wanted. Halinor told him about her parents, who had abandoned her when she told them she wanted to move out of town. She had never heard from them again, not even a letter. The only thing she really missed from back home were the horses and the dog. She loved animals. Wolf told her he didn’t mind animals, but he hated kids. He vowed to himself that he never wanted to see a diaper in his life. They laughed a lot together and Halinor had completely forgotten about his scary intimidating glance. It was actually not that scary at all, maybe even… attractive.

When they went outside again, Halinor noticed Judy and Lisa Bunch next to the restaurant. She still remembered what Mrs. Bunch had said on Iliona’s party about her. Still, they were her neighbors and it was rude not to go say hi. She left Wolf alone for a bit. The nurse woman was still there and she really wanted to talk to him for a bit, so Halinor left them alone.
“Hello mrs. Bunch, Lisa. How are you doing?”

“I saw you with Thornton Wolff. You better not get involved with that man little girl,” Judy said without telling how she was doing.

“Excuse me?” Halinor replied. Why, just why was it so impossible for her to get involved with Wolf?
“Didn’t you know?” Lisa said. “Wolf is married. That woman over there that is talking to him right now is his wife, Morgana Wolff. Are you really saying you went on a date with him without knowing that his wife was standing right next to you?!”

All of her happiness shattered within seconds. She knew it. All the good things that happened between her and Wolf today were just too good to be true. He was married.
She was so stupid.

"Aren't you going to confront him?"
She looked at Lisa. For a moment she thought the girl looked at her with a bit of pity. "Of course I am," Halinor said. She took a deep breath and walked to the picnic table where Wolf and his wife were having a conversation.
"Aren't you going to introduce me to your wife, Wolf?" Halinor interrupted them.

Morgana looked up. She didn't seem very surprised. "Hello there," she said. She stood up and shook her hand. "I'm Morgana Wolff. Nice to meet you, Wolf has told me so much about you already."
Halinor looked at Wolf with angry sparkles in her eye. "Oh really? Did he tell you how much he's been stalking me?" she said with a cold tone. The idea that he and his wife talked about her made her feel ridiculed.

"Actually, Halinor, I would appreciate it if from now on you won't give in to his stalking anymore. I'm trying to save this marriage as much as possible and I can't really have you sabotage it. I know it's that idiot's fault, but I'm sure you're a strong enough girl to send him away."

Wolf didn't look at them. He stared at something far away, but he was sitting right next to them so it was impossible that he couldn't hear their conversation.

Halinor couldn't look at her anymore. She didn't like this woman at all. Because she couldn't handle her own man she turned to his love interests? That was a nasty tactic and she didn't like it at all.
"You two can sort this out yourself," she answered. Morgana still wanted to say something, but Halinor didn't let her. She turned around and ran away from the restaurant. She was incredibly sick of this town and it's stupid people. All she wanted was to go home, and to forget about everything that had happened today.

Before she went to bed, Halinor walked to the mirror in the bathroom and looked at herself. She was disgusted by her new look. She washed her make-up off and after a shower, her hair was also back to normal. Now, when she looked in the mirror, she finally saw herself again. With this little satisfaction she managed to fall asleep.

Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

The Beastly Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 09:49:44 AM »
Oh poor Hali.  It's tough being the 'other' woman in a failing marriage.  She's way better off out of it.  I hope things turn nice for her soon.  Maybe she should work on her fledgling friendship with Christopher Steel.  ;)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 11:07:45 AM »
The next morning she woke up with a plan. The reason why she kept giving into Wolf's attention was because he was the only real friend she had in this town. He kept her from becoming lonely. But back home at the farm she never really had any friends and she managed just fine. The main reason for this were her horses and her dog. The perfect solution for her problem was so simple that she wanted to hit herself for not thinking about it before. She immediately made a phone call, and a few hours later, a new household member arrived.

Since the little kitten was pitch black, she called him Raven.

Halinor had always loved animals to an exceptional point, and Raven was no exception. She wanted to cuddle him all day. He kept her occupied for the rest of the day and also the night, because the little rascal had a destructive trait and loved scratching the salon table.

She tried to be angry at the little kitten, but he was just too cute and whenever she punished him for destroying the furniture, five minutes later she was already cuddling him again.

She managed to ignore quite a few of Wolf's calls because of the kitten. getting it to stop destructing the furniture took all of her time and she didn't even have time to think about him. But of course, Wolf was not the kind of person that would just give up. After she ignored him successfully for three days, he showed up at her front doorstep.
"What are you doing here? Wasn't I clear enough when I ignored your calls?" Halinor said. She had let him inside, but regretted it already. His presence confused her. It made her feel warm inside. That was not supposed to happen.

"I'm so sorry Hali, I know I should've told you about Morgana, but please give me a chance to explain myself," he said. Halinor felt strange butterflies in her stomach when he called her Hali. Christopher had called her that as well, and back then it gave her the same feeling. Men talking with her in such close matter was apparently one of her weaknesses.
"Go on," she said. She was curious as to how he was going to talk his way out of this.

"I wanted to tell you about Morgana on the party I threw you at my house. But right before everyone arrived Morgana told me that if I ever saw you again after the party, that she would go to my dad and tell him about you. I don't know why she would threaten me like that, but it scared me. I told you about my dad, right? He's a very scary man. I was afraid he might hurt you. But I don’t care anymore now, I don’t care what he thinks. I can’t stop seeing you."

She wanted to say something. That she didn't believe his strange excuse. It didn't make sense at all. But his eyes were so mesmerizing. She completely forgot everything he said while she stared at him.

"I..." she tried. He wouldn't let her finish that sentence. Before she could say or do anything, he had wrapped his arms around her and gave her one of the warmest hugs she ever felt in her life.

"I'm not happy with Morgana at all, Hali. I want to be with you. I married Morgana because I thought it was the right thing to do, but it never felt as wrong as it does now that I've met you. Your presence makes me feel things I never felt with her in my entire life. You have to trust me Hali, one day I will find the courage to break up with her and then we can be together."

There was no confidence in the world that could have helped her at this moment. She was completely head over heels for this guy that was the first man ever in her life to tell her these kind of things. Of course, there had been other guys back home that liked her and tried to go out with her, but Halinor always had this certain immunity against their flirts and never even bothered to look at them. But Wolf was different, so very different. It was as if her head and heart were living two separate lives. Everything inside her screamed that she had to stop this, but her body wouldn't listen. Her feelings wouldn't agree.

They were dancing in her living room. For a long time everything was perfect.

But as the night came, Halinor became afraid. She was scared that Wolf maybe wasn't planning on leaving, but she was not ready to share breakfast with him at all. I mean, her waffles were great, but what if he didn't like them? Then her world would be over.

"I can't do this!" she said in fear. She pushed him away. She forced herself to think of the horrible ending of today's date and managed to stand firm. "You have to go. We can't be together like this. Not when I know you've got a wife waiting for you at home."

He was shocked at first, but didn't try to talk her out of her madness.
"Don't think this is over, Hali," he said, before he grabbed his coat and walked out the door.

Halinor watched his back as he left.
Her heart was beating like crazy.

----

Stay tuned for chapter 4! I'm not giving any hints this time, because that would really spoil what's going to happen next :P. Let's just say it will be life changing...

The Beastly Legacy

Louise56

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 11:43:38 AM »
The kitty is too cute! I think the wolfman don't know what he want :P

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 01:31:36 PM »
Both Hali and Wolf are hopeless fools :P.

----

The next week Halinor lived pretty much in isolation. She didn't dare to go outside, because she was afraid to run into Wolf or even worse, Morgana. She spent her days playing with her cat and practicing her charisma for her new job. Wolf was clever enough not to show up at her cabin again. First she thought it was a relieve, because now she didn't have to deal with her crazy feelings anymore. But as the time passed, she was getting anxious. Why didn't he call? Did he finally stop liking her? She was way more disappointed about this than she thought.

In other news, Raven made his first friend!

One day she remembered that it had been a while since she last checked the mail. Scared to face a heap of bills that would rob her from every single simoleon she had left she opened the mailbox. There was something else inside it beside a pack of bills. It was a little pink box with a note on it.
“I was thinking about you and thought you might like this. Call me!”
The date of the note was already from almost a week ago...
She brought the present inside and opened it.

It was a shark poster.

Was he making a joke? Was this his way of telling her he had listened to her when she told him she loved animals? Was he really such a complete noob when it came to romance that he bought her a shark poster?
After she had a good laugh, she looked at it again. It was funny, and it had been a while since she laughed so much. She decided to keep it, and hanged it on the wall next to her bed.

The following week, more love letters came.

“Okay, keep an open mind for a sec while I paint you a picture: You, me, together. How does that make you feel?”

“I know this might surprise you, but I’m just crazy about you. I think we should get together and see what happens!”

Though she didn't write back, she never threw any of them away.

He just wouldn't stop. She could ignore him as long as she wanted, but he would never stop. In the meantime, Halinor had a harder and harder time not to want to see him. When two weeks had passed, she finally gave up on herself. She had to see him. She missed him so much.

She jumped in a cab to his house, not bothering to think about the possibility that Morgana Wolff might be there as well. She also didn’t call him first, because she felt embarrassed for all the times she had ignored him the past weeks. It had been such a stupid action. It only made her like him even more. When she got out of the cab she found Wolf outside at the mailbox. He saw her immediately. His face was serious, but she could see in his eyes that he was happy to see her. “What are you doing here, Hali?” he asked. “I had  to see you,” she said immediately. She was too tired to talk around it anymore.

He invited her inside. She looked around curiously. ‘Is Morgana not at home?” she asked. Wolf nodded. “She’s at work. She’ll be home late,” he said. Halinor felt relieved. She didn’t really want to face that woman.

“I’m so glad you’re here,” he said after a brief silence. “I was afraid that you decided not to see me anymore, since you never replied to any of my letters.”

Halinor couldn’t look him in the eye. “I tried, I really did. But it’s just impossible. I don’t know what’s happening to me. I’ve never experienced anything like this before in my life. It’s as if…”

“…your head and heart are living two separate lives,” he finished her sentence.

She felt her cheeks glow when he did that. As if he was reading her mind. “Yes,” she said. “Exactly.”
He wrapped his arms around her with no warning, just like he had done at her house the last time they saw each other. But this time she wasn’t shocked by it. “I don’t know what to do,” Wolf said. He sounded so insecure and vulnerable, something she would have never guessed by a man like him.

Though first she didn’t really know what his intentions were when he approached her, she started to trust his feelings now. He sounded so sincere, how could she not believe what he said?
“We’ll find a way,” she said to make him feel more at ease, although she had no idea how they were going to survive in this town, with these noisy people that disgusted everything that was not the way it was supposed to be. Maybe they could move, to a far away island…

“I promise, Halinor. I will divorce Morgana as soon as I talk to her again. Maybe even tomorrow!”
She looked at his panicking eyes, as if he was afraid she would run off again now that he mentioned her name.

She returned his promise with a smile.
“Let’s not think about anything anymore,” she said, right before she surprised him with a kiss.

The world disappeared around them that night. Although words can say a lot, there was nothing to describe their love.

They fell asleep together, completely forgetting that Morgana still existed. She never came upstairs that night, because she knew that her marriage had already ended the first day Halinor had set foot in this town. There was no way to stop it from ending now.

The next morning, when Halinor was still sleeping like a princess, Wolf woke up and came out of bed. As he looked out of the window, he realized that last night had been the beginning of a whole new life.

He had no idea how literal he could take that thought.

----

That last screenshot was the one I wanted to show you guys so badly a while ago hehe :P

The Beastly Legacy

Anna33

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 02:57:32 PM »
Halinor what have you done. You better not be pregnant! I kind of hope she is though. (The thought bubble in the last picture)

:D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 04:18:11 AM »
When Halinor woke up a few hours later, she noticed that something was wrong with her. She felt nauseous. Yesterday she ate some burned waffles –she still had to get used to the new stove- . Maybe that was the cause?

She didn’t have a long time to think, because whatever she ate the last yesterday was about to come up. She ran to the toilet and let it all out.

She felt embarrassed for vomiting in Wolfs toilet, although he was already gone. He had left a note that said she could make herself at home, so she decided to take a bath, hoping that it would make her feel a little bit better.
While soaking in the water she thought about the night. She was so happy right now, so it annoyed her that she had to be sick at this very moment. She wanted to spend as much time as possible with her great new love, but that wasn’t possible if she felt sick like this. Maybe she could sleep it off back home.

When she returned to her cabin she found out that Raven had grown up to an adult cat already!

She felt a little bit guilty for missing it. “I’m so sorry Raven, I hope you will forgive me for missing your birthday,” she said to the cat as she stroke his head. Raven didn’t seem angry though, he was just very happy to finally see his owner again.

When Halinor went to check the mail she found another gift from Wolf inside. He had left her a plant on his way to work. A plant… She loved his note though:
“you, me. It’s happening!”

When she got back inside she decided to give him a call to thank him for the… plant.
“I got your present, Wolf. I’m really starting to wonder what your parents gave you on your birthdays,” she said. When she heard him laugh, she laughed as well. “I’m glad you like it. Can I see you again tonight?” he asked. Halinor didn’t have to think one second about it. “Definitely!”

Since Jamie Jolina was a doctor, Halinor texted her that she was feeling a bit sick that morning. Jamie came to her house immediately, also because they hadn’t seen each other since Wolf’s party. “Hi there, Jamie!” Halinor greeted her enthusiastically. She was in a delightful mood today.

Jamie smiled at her. “You don’t look sick at all,” she laughed.

They went inside and talked for a bit. Halinor described how she felt nauseous when she woke up. She’d never experienced this kind of sickness before.

When she saw Jamie’s serious look, she started to get scared. “What’s wrong? Am I going to die?!” she asked in fear. Jamie shook her head.
“No, on the contrary, Halinor. Let me ask you a strange question. Did you share the bed with anyone in the past few weeks?” she asked.

Halinor felt her stomach turn. Was this how it felt to get busted? She didn’t say anything, but the fact that she stared at her feet instead, told Jamie enough.

“Not a smart move, Halinor. I don’t know how you got yourself in this kind of trouble and I don’t want to know, but one thing is for certain. You’re pregnant.”

The world stopped for a second. Halinor stared at Jamie with great disbelief. “Pregnant?! No way! I can’t be pregnant! That cannot happen!” she yelled.

Jamie frowned upon her. “I’m sorry Halinor, but it’s true. Are you going to tell the father?” she asked. Halinor shook her head immediately.
“NO! No he cannot know! I may never know! No one may know. You can’t tell this to anyone, Jamie! This has to stay a secret!”
“No one will know anything from me, but I do advice you Halinor, being a single mom is not an easy task in this world. Especially not when you live in a cabin like this. I hope you will find the courage to tell the father eventually.”

Halinor sent Jamie away. She wanted to be alone with this horrible news.

Because it was horrible news. Wolf’s words kept repeating themselves in her head.

“I hate children.”

She wanted to cry, but she couldn’t. She was too much in shock. One moment her life seemed perfect. She finally had found a purpose in her life: make Wolf happy. And now she had done the one thing that would definitely NOT make him happy: get pregnant. This was a complete nightmare.
She couldn’t tell him. She would never tell him. As much as it tore her apart, she couldn’t see him anymore. She couldn’t hide a child from him, but she couldn’t leave the child as well. The only choice she had was to leave Wolf.

She could never see him again.

----

Stay tuned for chapter 5, which will bring us a nooboo!

The Beastly Legacy

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 09:52:58 AM »
Just found the story today. Great writing and great story so far. I will be reading this story. So, it is Bookmarked. Looking forward for next update.:)
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 04:25:57 PM »
Oh dear Hali you do get friendly with all your heart, body and soul don't you.  ;)   On the other hand - yeah nooboo. 
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 05:16:11 PM »
Thank you! Always nice to have a new reader :D.

-------

The next nine months seemed like an eternity. Halinor quit her job. She didn’t want to take maternity leave, because she was afraid anyone would find out that she was pregnant. She spent her days inside, living an isolated life. With the little money she still had, she built a new room for her baby and a garden with high hedges, so that she could still go outside once in a while without any neighbor seeing her growing belly.

As the time passed, the pain of leaving Wolf didn’t go away. She cried in her sleep every night and had the hardest time not running out of that door and to meet him. Of course, Wolf never really left her alone after she didn’t show up at his house that day Jamie told her she was pregnant. He had called her almost every day and showed up at her front doorstep at least as often.

He yelled at her through the walls, he even went to the Bunch family to ask about her. But no one had seen Halinor for months. The only reason the town still believed she was alive, was because every night the lights turned on in the little cabin, and sometimes, Judy Bunch could see her bright red hair in a flash through the window.

The only one that kept Halinor from going completely insane was Raven, who loved his owner infinitely. It seemed that the cat knew she was going through a lot of hardships, because he greeted her full with love every morning. She didn’t know what she could have done without him.

As her belly kept growing, her wallet kept slinking. Halinor decided that she had to find a new way to earn money after her pregnancy was over, so she bought an easel. Maybe she could earn some cash from the paintings she could make. Not that she had ever painted before, but she could always try…

More time passed. Halinor read some books, played with her cat and thought about Wolf. He had finally given up on coming to her cabin, but he still called her almost every single day. He stuffed her mailbox with letters and gifts, but Halinor could do nothing but ignore him. He had to get over her, because they could never be together. Not when she was hiding a child from him.

One morning, when Halinor got out of bed, the pain started. She had read books about pregnancy, but no book ever described well enough how much going into labor hurt.

She tried to scream as little as possible, because she didn’t want any neighbors to come check on her. She went to the excruciating pain all by herself, until finally her baby arrived.

It was a little girl. Halinor named her Melody.

Her pregnancy had brought Halinor great misery for nine extremely long months, but as soon as she laid eyes on her baby she was in love. She cried from happiness as she hold her and looked at her eyes. It were the most beautiful eyes in the world. Her father’s eyes.

Imagining that she got to live a lifetime with this wonderful child, made Halinor smile for the first time in nine months. She fed the baby, laid it in the crib and watched her until she fell asleep next to the stuffed animal Halinor had bought for her: a wolf.

Now that she wasn’t pregnant anymore, she finally dared to go outside again. Though she didn’t want to leave her baby alone for even a second, she really had to do groceries. Now that she had a baby, she couldn’t live off delivery food anymore. They both had to eat healthy.

Still scared that she would run into some familiar faces, Halinor went out at night. As she guessed, it was quiet in the streets.
But there was one person in Sunset Valley that loved the night. A certain man that she had met in the dark once before.

The Beastly Legacy

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 10:11:10 PM »
Great update. And welcome new nooboo Melody. She is quite a sweet, cuddly nooboo. And Christopher Steel, can't wait to read what will happen.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2013, 08:29:11 AM »
She wanted to avoid him, to run back home to her baby, but she noticed that he was playing the guitar very beautifully and before she could think twice, she was already standing in front of him, listening to his music.

As soon as he noticed her, he stopped playing. “Look who crawled out of her cave!” he said with a mesmerizing smile.

Halinor smiled back at him. “I never expected to see you here at night,” she told him. Though at first she was scared to meet townies, she was happy to see a person that she liked after such a long time.

Christopher didn’t ask her about her months of isolation at all. Just like last time, he managed to make her feel comfortable right away and they talked for almost an hour.

“I really like your company, Hali,” Christopher suddenly said. “I was wondering if you maybe would like to go out with me some time.”

This came as quite a surprise to her. She really liked him a lot, to the point that she felt like she could trust him with anything. But she was not ready to go out with another man at all. She still thought about Wolf every single day. She could still feel the warmth she felt when he touched her. And on top of that, she had a baby at home.
“I’m really sorry Christopher, but I can’t…” she said.

“Why not?” he asked her immediately. “I thought we really hit it off…” He seemed kind of embarrassed.

She looked at him. She wanted to tell him. She needed to tell someone.
“It’s because I have a baby waiting for me at home. A girl that now needs all the time I have…”

She watched how he completely freaked out.
“A baby?! You have a baby?! Is that why you stayed inside for almost a year?!! Because you were pregnant?!!”

“I would really appreciate it if you didn’t tell anyone…” Halinor said, hoping that he would listen. Luckily, Christopher was a nice guy. At least as nice as he could bring up right now…
“Of course not, I would never tell anyone. But this is a little bit too much for me to handle right now. I’ve got to go, sorry Hali.”

As he left, Halinor decided that Christopher was the last person that would know about her little girl. No one would approve of her anyways. Not in this town.

When she returned home she immediately went to the crib and grabbed Melody. She hugged the little baby, while she did her best to hold her tears. They were all alone in this world.

The Beastly Legacy

Louise56

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2013, 12:51:35 PM »
Poor Hali, all alone. The nooboo is adorable.

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2013, 06:25:08 PM »
The year that followed after she met Christopher she spent on painting. The only voice she heard besides from Melody’s baby sounds was the tired and lifeless voice of the man that she still missed every day. She listened to him on the phone, as he begged her to come see him, to allow him to come see her. But she never said anything back. After she couldn’t take it anymore, she hang up and went back to her painting.

A year passed and Halinor celebrated Melody’s birthday with just the two of them.

Melody grew to be the cutest little toddler Halinor had ever seen. She had her mother’s hair, but almost all her other features resembled her father. Especially her eyes, which sometimes caused Halinor an incredible pain. But it also made her love Melody like she never had loved anyone before.

Although Melody was a precious child, she was still very tiresome. Teaching her to potty, walk and talk while also taking care of her food and making sure she went to bed on time took almost all of Halinor’s time. Because of this, she had no time to paint at all. When she finally finished her first painting, it was so ugly that it only sold for 45 simoleons.

With hardly any money to come by, Halinor spent all of her time raising Melody. She never went outside, simply because she couldn’t find the time. She hardly had time to sleep, or eat. But it didn’t matter. Melody was the most beautiful child in the world, and she loved her very deeply.

One day, Halinor decided to go outside for a quick visit at the bookstore. Melody was getting tired of her blocks, so Halinor wanted to buy some books she could read to her. After she bought a bunch, her eyes went to the hill behind the store, where she could see the Wolff residence very clearly.

It surprised her that even after more than two years, she still loved Wolf. The short time they’d had together had broken her for life. She never believed in the whole ‘one true love’ before, but now that she was experiencing it herself, it was impossible to deny it.

Drowning in her own thoughts she told the cabdriver to stop at the Wolff residence, without realizing it. When she stepped outside, she noticed where she was.

There he was, right outside. He was all by himself. She couldn’t see his face, only his back, but somehow she felt he was as unhappy as she was. She wanted to go to him, to tell him how much she still loved him and how he had never left her thoughts. But she couldn’t.

With all her willpower and the image of Melody in her head she managed to get home without Wolf ever noticing she was there.

She continued teaching Melody how to walk and talk. She watched as Melody played with her wolf doll. She was really getting attached to it.

Every night before Halinor went to sleep, she looked at the shark poster and realized that she was never going to love another man in her entire life.

As Halinor and Melody lived their lives inside the little wooden cabin, life in town continued as well. People moved, married, some died. Judy Bunch had turned grey...

...and Iqbal had turned into a fairy AND a zombie.

Halinor was so busy every day, that she completely forgot about her birthday. She turned into an adult as she was cooking dinner.

One day, when Melody was almost three years old, two familiar faces showed up at the cabin.

The Beastly Legacy