Author Topic: Between Dreams and Sunset - COMPLETE  (Read 16182 times)

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Re: Between Dreams and Sunset
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2013, 09:41:59 PM »
Great update. Love the toddler face of Melody. I am guessing who are the two familiar faces. Looking forward for next update.:)
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2013, 12:34:46 AM »
I'm curious to see what's going to happen when Melody becomes a child. I mean, she has to go to school, right? Make friends. Leave the house. Stuff like that.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2013, 10:32:59 AM »
“This can’t go on any longer, Chris. We are the only ones that know about the child. We are the only ones that can help her. We’ve got to do something.”
Jamie had tried to contact Halinor several times in the past few years, but never got a response. Now she had enough. It was time that Halinor came out of that stupid cabin before she and the child would rot away.

“This is not our business, Jamie. Halinor clearly doesn’t want to be bothered and to be honest, I don’t think I can handle taking care of a child. The whole town will think I’m the father!”

“Who cares about what the town thinks. Be honest, Chris. You don’t fit in this town any less than Halinor. And for me it’s the same. Though I’m born here, I’ve always hated the way people act. The only two people that I love are you and Halinor and I can’t stand to see my friend ruin her life like this!”

Chris kept silent. He knew Jamie was right. He glanced at the cabin and imagined how miserable Halinor’s life must have been. He still liked her, even though he hadn’t seen her anymore since she told him she had a child. He was scared at the time, but now that he thought about it, he couldn’t live to see the day Halinor or the little baby would die because he didn’t do anything when he could.
“I guess you’re right,” he said to Jamie. “We are the only ones that can help her. Let’s do this.”

Jamie smiled at him. “Thank you, Chris. I really appreciate it.”
She walked to the front door and started to bounce on it. “Hali?! Open the door, now!”

Halinor was standing right in front of it. She’d already heard them on the street a few minutes ago, although she couldn’t hear what they were saying. She looked at Melody, who sat in her high chair. She had just eaten and waited to get lifted out of it.

“Halinor, if you don’t open the door, we will break it down!!”
Halinor knew Jamie as the kind of person who would really do such a thing, so she decided to open the door.
“God, Hali. Look at you. How long has it been since you took a shower?” Christopher said as he walked inside.

Halinor didn’t answer. After years of isolation she had trouble finding the right words.
She watched how Christopher walked up to Melody and looked at her. “She looks exactly like you with that bright red hair,” he said. He didn’t seem to notice that Melody obviously had Wolf’s eyes. Maybe he didn’t know because he had never looked into Wolf’s eyes deeply.

“You don’t have to do this,” she said, as she watched how Christopher lifted Melody out of her chair. She was afraid he’d drop her, but he handled it fine and Melody seemed to like him.

“Hali, Chris and I have decided that we’re going to help you. This can’t go on any longer. We want you to be able to take care of Melody in proper living conditions.”

Halinor looked at her friend. She felt like crying. That these people still cared about her even though she had ignored them for such a long time.
“I don’t know what to say…” she whispered. If she talked any louder, she was afraid she would really start to cry.

“You don’t have to say anything. From now on, you don’t have to worry about anything anymore. Together we can survive this town, Hali. We’re not going to leave  you alone anymore. I have earned enough money as a surgeon to buy us a house where we can all live together. How does that sound?”
Jamie was like an angel that fell from the sky. Halinor wanted to refuse this insane offer, but she couldn’t. The idea of living together with her two best friends while she wouldn’t have to worry about money anymore was all she wanted. Instead of replying with words, she gave her friend a warm hug. It had been so long since she last felt the warmth of a hug…
“Thank you so much, Jamie. Thank you so much, Chris. You can’t imagine how happy I am right now,” she said.

Melody sat on the floor with her favorite stuffed animal, as she looked up towards Christopher, who was watching her. While she stared at him, she held her wolf a little bit tighter.

------

Next up, chapter 6! With a new house~
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy

Louise56

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2013, 12:16:53 PM »
I'm glad she won't be alone anymore. Looking forward to next chapther.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2013, 07:34:51 PM »
I'm glad that Jamie and Chris stepped in to help.  It does take a village to raise a child - at least a well adjusted one.  And I imagine that Jamie will notice whose eyes Melody has because she is good friends with Thornton Wolff.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 10:27:08 PM »
Great update. Good to see that Jamie and Chris are helping Hali and they are going to live in a big house. Yeah, one day or another Jamie will recoqnise who is Melody's father. Looking forward for next update.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2013, 09:43:21 AM »

The new house was amazing. Halinor couldn’t thank Jamie enough for all the money she spent on making sure Melody and her would be able to live a comfortable life. She could hardly believe there was any other friend in the world that would do something like this.

Also Christopher, who had taken on the role of being a father to Melody. Though Halinor promised herself that she would tell Melody that Christopher was just an uncle from the moment she could understand, she still appreciated the amount of time he put into taking care of the child. He also didn’t contradict any of the rumors that had spread about them. Actually, none of them bothered with the rest of the town at all. They stopped reading the paper and lived a life with just the four of them, which was more than Halinor could have ever hoped for only a few months ago.

Jamie and Christopher were a great help. Jamie brought in enough money so that they never had to worry about it, and whenever she came home she ran to Melody immediately to help her get fed, and to give her a warm hug.

One night, the two of them had to force Halinor to her bedroom to get some rest. “Don’t worry about Melody, we will make sure she goes to bed on time,” Christopher said. That night, Halinor finally had her first goodnight sleep in years.

Though Christopher had been anxious about taking care of a child that wasn’t his before, he had come to love the little Melody more than anyone in the world. As he put her to bed, he gave her a kiss on her forehead. She lovingly reached towards him with her arms, wanting another hug. Whoever the father was, was a complete idiot for ditching a lovely girl like Melody.
Little did he know that the father didn’t know that Melody was his child at all.

Life in the new house was better than any life Halinor ever had before. Jamie loved her waffles and couldn’t get enough of them.

Melody was a perfect child that didn’t cause any trouble at all. She spent most of her time playing with her wolf, completely forgetting about the world around her. Halinor found it fascinating how attached her little girl had gotten to the stuffed animal that resembled her father. It was almost as if she knew.

Before anyone of them ever realized time had flown by, it was already time for Melody’s birthday. Celebrating it with the four of them was much more fun than the cold birthday they had last time, when it was just Halinor, Melody, and a cheap cake on a cheap table.

Melody wanted to grab the cake even before she had blown out the candles. Halinor had to do her best not to drop her, while she quickly blew out the candles herself.

A few seconds later, Melody grew into a lovely young girl.

Halinor gave her child a hug, overjoyed by the fact that they had made it this far. “I love you so much,” she whispered into her daughters ear. She felt sad that Wolf never got to see any of this. But then the cold thought entered her mind that he would have never enjoyed any of it anyways, as he hated children more than anything.

The Beastly Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 08:49:50 AM »
Melody is a lovely child! I'm glad everyone is so happy, but wonder if she will get to know her real father.

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 04:32:14 PM »
One night, Melody slept safe and soundly in her new bed. She had a strange dream that night. She was being chased by men of steel, who tried to put her on a leash she could never release herself from until eternity. As she ran through the Valley, searching for a safe place, she noticed how her legs automatically moved her towards a certain home somewhere on top of the hill behind their house.
All the way at the top, a big, black and grey haired wolf was waiting for her. His bright grey eyes looked at her in such an intense way, that it scared her at first. But then she recognized the eyes. They were her eyes. When she reached the animal she hid behind it. The men of steel had caught up, but they stopped when the intense glance of the wolf stared them down. Completely intimidated, they ran down the hill again.
Melody reached out for the wolf, wanting to be protected by it, but as soon as she touched its coat, it ran off, into the woods.

That same night, Thornton Wolf was unable to sleep. He had been standing outside for a long time already, staring down at the Valley that he had come to hate so much. He wondered about a lot of things, but couldn’t find any answers. Now that he was all alone in this huge house, all he could do was wait. Wait for her, or die alone.

Somehow, Melody’s strange dream had triggered her curiosity about something. The next morning she asked her mom if they could have a conversation.
“Mom, why don’t I have a daddy? The kids in school say Christopher is my daddy, but that’s not true, you said so yourself. Where is my real daddy?”

Halinor had always feared that Melody would ask her this question one day. She never expected it to be so soon. She looked at her daughter with great sadness in her eyes.
“Your daddy lives in another world, child,” she answered. It was better if she thought her father was completely out of reach. That way she would never try to find him.
“In another world? Is he an alien?” she asked curiously.
“No, he’s not an alien,” Halinor said. After a little thought, she added: “He’s a wolf.”

Melody started to get nervous. She knew it! She knew her dad was a wolf. That dream she had, that wolf… it was her dad! He was calling out to her. She had to find him. But first, she had to know more about him.
“Why did daddy have to leave this world?” she asked. Halinor sighed. “Because this world didn’t suit him well.”
“Do you still love him?” Melody asked. This girl, she was just dying to drag the pain out of her moms body.
“Yes, my dear,” Halinor answered without a single doubt. “I still love your daddy very much and I will keep loving him until the day I die.”

Maybe Halinor thought Melody was too little to understand the pain her mother was feeling, but that was not true at all. Melody was a little genius, so she could read the sorrow in her moms eyes immediately.
“I think daddy still loves you very much as well. If he ever gets to come back to this world, I think he will come to find you immediately!” she said.

Halinor smiled with deep sadness in her eyes. “Of course he would,” she said. The first lie she ever told her daughter.

Melody didn’t give up on her search towards her father. She didn’t care if he lived on another planet or not. She didn’t even care that he was a wolf. Even if she had  to steal a UFO at the science lab, she would find him and bring him back. She couldn’t stand seeing her mom unhappy. Though Christopher was trying to steal her heart with all his might, he was never able to make her stop thinking about her one true love. If Christopher couldn’t do the job of making Halinor happy, Melody had to do it. It was her duty as a daughter.

“Uncle Chris!”
He was standing in the kitchen and was surprised by Melody’s loud voice. “What is it?” he asked.
“Why did you never succeed in winning mommy’s heart?” she asked with no mercy.

Christopher’s face went into thunder mode immediately. “It’s because your mom loves that shark poster more than she loves me,” was his answer.

Melody knew the shark poster was a gift from her dad, so she understood the metaphor. She was a genius after all.
“Do you know who my daddy is?” she asked him.

Christopher shook his head. “No, Melody. I don’t know who your daddy is. Your mom never told me or Jamie."

Melody looked at Chris. She was always thankful for him, because he had cared for her and her mom so much. But now that she had that strange dream about men of steel trying to put her on a leash, she didn’t like him that much anymore. It made her feel as if he was trying to keep her away from her dad.
A few weeks went by and Halinor had picked up on a new job: writing. It turned out that she was much better at this than painting, and she had finally found a way to enjoy herself, and even earn some money.

Melody went to school. She was doing much better in town than her mother, making lots of friends that didn't judge her, simply because they didn't know she wasn't supposed to fit in.

After school she went to the library directly, every day. After she had finished her homework she looked through tons of books on wolves, werewolves, other planets and UFO’s. But none of the books said anything about a wolf that had lived in Sunset Valley. It seemed as if wolves didn’t exist in this town.

One day, Melody decided that she had to get some info out of Jamie. Jamie was Halinor’s oldest friend. It was impossible that she didn’t know anything. This time, she tried a different approach than with Christopher.
“Aunt Jamie, can I ask you a strange question?” she started the conversation after dinner. “Sure,” Jamie said. Melody asked questions all the time. This conversation didn’t seem like any other to her.
“Do there live any wolves in this town?” she asked.

Jamie looked at her a bit startled. That was a strange question. “I don’t know honey, I’m not really into animals.”

“Oh…” Melody said with great disappointment.
“I do know a man that goes by the name Wolf, though,” Jamie then continued. Melody suddenly sat straight in her chair and looked at her aunt with huge eyes of surprise. “Really?! Where?!” she asked. She had never thought about the possibility that the story that her mother had told her shouldn’t be taken so literal. How stupid! Sometimes she really was just a little kid after all.

“He lives up the hill in the big house,” Jamie said. “Last week I heard he got a divorce. Don’t tell your mom I’ve secretly been catching up with the town gossip though, she doesn’t like that.”

Melody’s head was about to explode. All the pieces of the puzzle fell into place. Her dream, the fact that her mother never once wanted to go up the hill to look at the view, everything. Her father wasn’t a wolf, not a real one though. Of course not, that was a silly thought! He was a man, and he lived in the same town!! She didn’t understand at all why he and her mom weren’t together. Jamie had mentioned a divorce… maybe they couldn’t be together because he was married to someone else?

Who cared. She finally knew the name of her father, and his address no less. It was a wonder that she managed to fall asleep that night.

The Beastly Legacy

Louise56

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2013, 08:51:42 AM »
I can't wait to find out what happens next! ;D

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 04:57:22 AM »
The next morning she went outside before anyone in the house had woken up. Going up the hill on her bicycle was going to be a challenge, but it was worth it. She was going to see her father, and no hill could stop her!

As she cycled through town, she became more nervous by the minute. Her father probably didn’t know about her. She couldn’t imagine that he’d never come by even once if he knew about her.

When she finally reached the top of the hill she was trembling. She looked at the huge house in front of her. Her father was a pretty rich man. Through the big glass windows she could see a man. Maybe the man was her father? She didn’t know. There was only one way to find out.

When Thornton Wolff opened the door, both him and Melody realized the same thing immediately.

As if they were looking into a mirror, they stared at each other’s eyes.
For Wolf, it wasn’t the only thing that he saw. He also saw the bright red hair the kid had. It was as if he was looking at a child version of the woman he missed so much, only it were his own eyes staring back at him.

“Hello sir Wolf. My name is Melody Swift. I’m looking for my father. Do you happen to be him?” the girl asked without shame. She looked him straight in the eye. It was only now that Wolf realized his own glance was pretty intimidating.

It took him a while to realize what she had just asked.

If he was her father, perhaps.

Her father.

Swift was Halinor’s last name. This girl seemed to be around ten years old. Ten years… wasn’t it ten years ago when he had seen her for the last time? He tried to swallow but couldn’t. Somehow he had a hard time holding tears back. Tears? He never cried. What kind of madness was this? She had his child. Not Christopher’s, like the rest of the town was whispering. It was his child. She had his eyes, after all.

The past ten years flashed before his eyes. How she had refused to face him. How she had hid in her cabin for years. How devastated he had been when he found out she had a child with some other man. And now it turned out that the child was not from another man at all.

Was this little girl the reason Halinor had left him in the cold?

“excuse me, Mr. Wolf?”

The girl was still standing there.

Wolf, panicking inside his head, managed to keep a straight face. “Do you want to come inside?” he asked. His voice sounded strange. Something was blocking his throat.
“I’m sorry to bother you, mister. But as my mom told me that my dad was a wolf and you seem to be the only one in town, I connected these dots and figured out you must be him. Are you him?”
Her mom. She called Halinor her mom. And he was her dad. Her father. There was no doubt about it. Everything was falling into place. He could imagine exactly why Halinor had left him. He had been so stupid to mention that he hated kids. But how could he ever hate a child that had such beautiful bright red hair and was carrying his own eyes? She was a mix between him and his greatest love. She was the living proof that they had ever been together.
“I guess I am your father,” he managed to say. He couldn’t find any better or warmer words. Although he wanted to love her with all his might immediately, this was just so strange and awkward for him. Yesterday he would have never thought to ever have a child in his life, and now he had a ten year old girl that was so incredibly smart and beautiful that he had totally forgotten about his hatred for children in the first place.
“If you really are my daddy, why did you never come to visit me?” she immediately asked him.

He looked at her in despair. “Trust me child, I visited you every single day of your infant years. But after a year or two, I decided that your mother wasn’t going to ever let me see her face again unless she would come to me herself, so I decided to return here and wait until she would come. I’ve been waiting for almost eight years.”

Melody looked at her father with big curious eyes. She wondered why her mother didn’t want her father in their lives. Was he a bad man? He didn’t seem like a bad man? Maybe a confused man, but not a bad one.
“I’m sorry, Melody, was it? This is a little bit much to take in. Would you mind coming back tomorrow?” He asked. He looked at the television, but wasn’t seeing anything at all. Melody looked at him from behind. In her head a plan started to develop. It was pretty clear to her that both her dad and her mom still loved each other very deeply, but were separated by some kind of stupid misunderstanding. She had to get them together, somehow…

As she left the house, she decided on what she was going to do.

Back home, Halinor was furious that Melody had gone outside so early without letting anyone know. But when she saw that her daughter had returned safely, she was extremely relieved as well and couldn’t stay angry for long. Melody didn’t want to waste any time. Today was Love Day and it couldn’t be more perfect.
“Mom, there’s a big festival outside today. I really want to go! Do you want to come with me?” she asked, as she threw in a puppy face to make a refusal impossible.

Halinor still didn’t like going outside very much, especially not with Melody. She hated the looks of disapproval. But Melody had been complaining a lot about how they never did something fun together. She smiled as she looked how her daughter imitated her father’s irresistible glance without failure. Of course she couldn’t resist.

“Great! Just give me one second! I’m going to call my friend to come too!” she said. Halinor smiled. She was happy Melody was making friends. At least she was living a better life than she did.

Melody walked to the other side of the living room and grabbed her cell phone. She had stolen Jamie’s cell phone this morning to look up Wolf’s contact info and stored his number into her own phone. When he picked up, she didn’t bother to remind him who she was.
“Mom and I are going to the festival today to have some fun. If  you want to have a chance of seeing her again, this is probably the best chance you will ever get. Mom doesn’t suspect anything, so you better be there. Oh and one more thing, that shark poster you gave her, it still hangs above her bed!”

Before Wolf could say a single thing to her, she hang up already.
He would come, she knew it.

-----

The next chapter is the last one! I will post it in one post.

The Beastly Legacy

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2013, 05:43:36 AM »
I can't believe it's almost over! I love this story! Any chance of a sequel at all?

I also can't believe how fast Thornton warmed up to Melody there. Like, instantly!  :o
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2013, 08:01:15 AM »
Great update. It was very brave and sweet for Melody to go and meet her father. And she is also trying to unite them once and for all in the love festival. I have been greatly enjoying this story. It's sad that it is going to end and again I'm happy that it's ending with a happy note. Can't wait for the happy ending/climax.:)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Namaya

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2013, 08:43:39 AM »
I don't know about a sequel yet. I still have the family (of course), and Melody is a character that can be very promising for a new story but right now I'm writing a non-sims science fiction novel and I'm that kind of person that cannot write more than one story at the time :P. So maybe once I get sick of writing the novel I will continue with Melody!

-----

Sunset Valley, February 17th, 2014.

Dear Grandpa and Grandma,

This letter might surprise you. I'm pretty sure it does! You have never heard of me, but I am your granddaughter, Melody! I'm ten years old and pretty smart for my own age. At least, that's what everyone says.

I know that you disinherited my mom and abandoned her. And yes, I also know what those words mean! But you know what, I don't care. Even though you abandoned your daughter, I'm still going to tell you the story about my mom and dad. Now you wonder how I know all the things I'm going to write down. Well, since I'm a pretty smart kid, I hacked into my mom's computer and found one of the novels she's working on. It's the story of her life! It really helped me writing this letter. But please, if you ever decide to end your abandonment, don't tell mom I did this!

It all started almost eleven years ago, when my mom moved to Sunset Valley all on her own. She met dad in the same week at work. Dad told me that even though he didn't realize it at the time, it had been love at first sight. Mom made him completely forget about his wife, and within a few weeks they went on their first date! But mom found out about his wife and was really angry and sad.
But their love was meant to be, because after a few struggles and hardships, they finally confessed their love to each other and around that time they created me!

Creating me wasn't a very smart move though, at least not at that time. Mom was really scared when she found out that I was in her tummy. She was so scared that dad wouldn't like me, that she decided to keep me a secret (I know, stupid move, but mom isn't as smart as I am). While she raised me into a toddler all by herself, dad became more sad by the day because he couldn't see her. They both were unhappy, but they didn't know it of each other!

Thankfully, mom has some wonderful friends. Aunt Jamie and uncle Chris came to the rescue and with the four of us we moved to a bigger house! Now that mom could finally see her friends again and finally had some time to sleep, everyone got happier. Except for dad, of course. He was still alone.

When I grew up into the smart child that I am now, I decided that it was time to find my dad! I first asked mom, she told me dad was a wolf. Strange, right? Well, after I asked Jamie some questions I found out that there was a man living up the hill with the name Wolf! I immediately knew that this man had to be my father, and I was right. This is where I found out that both mom and dad still loved each other very much. They only weren't together because of the stupid misunderstanding that dad wouldn't love me. I have to say though, I don't doubt that my dad loves me or is maybe in the process of learning how to love me, but right now things are a little bit awkward. I'm trying to act as normal as possible around him and make him feel at ease, but I can see that he's still a bit shaken by the fact that he suddenly has a ten year old daughter. Ah well, he'll loosen up eventually. You see, I don't think he's ever going to make the same mistake of leaving my mom again.

This is where my master plan comes in. I decided that I had to get my mom and dad to meet. So I tricked my mom into coming to the festival with me on Love Day! (This was only three days ago from the moment I'm writing this letter, actually. I'm still exited!!).
I didn't know for sure if dad would show up. I brought mom to the festival and told her I was also meeting a friend. Mom was really happy that I made a friend. Little did she know who he was, haha!

At first I thought he wouldn't come, but then I saw him! "Over here!" I yelled at him. I saw how my mom's face changed from watching me with a smile, to curiosity when she looked up to see who my friend was, and then complete shock, when she looked right into dad's eyes. Dad and I got the same eyes, and mom always told me my eyes were the most beautiful in the world. I think you can connect the rest of the dots.

Dad walked up to us and thanked me for inviting me to the festival, before he said a word to mom.

Mom was just standing there, staring at dad. She didn't write this in her novel yet, but if I had to guess I think her heart was beating like crazy and she was about to cry. She used those words a lot in her novel so I think they fit the situation well.

When dad turned away from me and looked at mom, I knew it was my cue to leave. Don't worry though, I didn't leave entirely! I hid behind a bush and kept watching my parents. This was the first time they had met in ten years! Can you believe that? Even after ten years they still loved each other with all their heart. Anyone who was at the festival could see it.

They were both quiet for a really long time, so I was pretty scared that my plan would fail. But thankfully, after a while, dad finally found his voice again. "You are one big idiot, you know that? You should have told me about our daughter. It could have spared us ten years of misery."
Dad was right, mom was such an idiot for keeping me a secret for ten years. But ah well, I guess you can never really have beauties and brains...

"Don't say that," she started. Her voice sounded a little more cold than I expected, but it was trembling as well and I took that as a good sign.
"Don't say it like that, like it could have been so easy. You don't understand it at all. I came to this town, abandoned by my parents, hoping to fulfill my dreams to have a better life. But when I got here I found out that this town might even be worse than the farm back home. I was surrounded by fake smiles and harsh words behind my back and suddenly you were there, acting like I was the best girl available in the town and not caring at all about what the rest of the townies thought about me. It was already hard enough to believe that one of the richest most handsome guys in town would be interested in me. I was bound to be disappointed and that actually happened a few times! When I found out about your wife, for example. But somehow I managed to make myself believe that you were sincere and I followed my heart by running towards you. Do you really find it that hard to believe that I, not for one second, thought that you would love me enough to accept my child? A man that hates children and in fact was married?! In a town like this?! Even if I would have come to you and told you that I'm pregnant, even if you would have accepted me and stayed with me, I would always be haunted by the feeling that you only did it out of responsibility, not out of love. Don't tell me that I'm a big idiot, because it is NOT that simple."
Mom was having a real hard time talking. I think she was crying, but she was standing with her back towards me so I couldn't see. I could see dad was crying though. I wonder if he cried a lot in his life, or if this was a special moment. I was shocked by moms words. I never imagined that she was living such a hard life. I mean, I knew she was unhappy, but I simply thought it was because she couldn't see dad for some simple stupid reason. I guess grown-up problems are a lot more complicated than they seem...
"I survived my pregnancy because I kept telling myself that things would get better once Melody was born. Then I could focus all my attention on her and forget about you. Maybe one day I could make enough money to escape this horrible town and never turn back again..."

Dad interrupted her. "And? Did it become better after Melody was born? Did you become happy?"
He asked that question as if he already knew the answer.

Mom shook her head and was now really crying. I could hear it in her voice.
"No of course not! Melody turned out to be the most beautiful child in the world, especially because she's almost an exact copy of you! You have seen her eyes, they are exactly the same... every time I looked at her, I could see your face in my head. I could never forget you for even one second. Even if I wanted to, Melody made sure you always found your way back into my mind. Although the past few years have been a lot better now that Jamie and Chris are taking care of me, but I still always-"

I think this was the time that dad decided that they had talked enough about all the drama. He grabbed her face and looked at her with his signature stare.
"I love you, Hali. I love you so much. I never stopped loving you. I always kept waiting for you, hoping that one day you would return. I am so sorry for all the misery you felt the past ten years. I will never forgive myself for not being there when you needed me the most. But I am here now. You don't have to be alone anymore. I won't leave you, I won't leave Melody. You don't have to fear that I do this because of responsibility. I do this because I love you! And I promise you, I will love Melody just as much. Especially because she is the living proof that you and I should be together."

Geez, all that sweet-talk was starting to get me sick. Blegh. I made a vow to never sweet-talk to my future husband like that.

After mom said the same kind of love confession, they FINALLY fell into each other's arms.

I had done it! I had brought my parents back together! I watched them from a distance, with a big grin on my face.

Mom is really lucky to have me as a child. Because now, thanks to me, we could all be together as one happy family.

The story isn't over yet, though. More happened that night.

Daddy came to our house after he had brought some stuff from his own house. He told my mom he was never going to leave her alone again. Not even for a single second. They were even worse than a couple of newlyweds!
"This all still feels like a dream," mom said to him in the kitchen. "I'm so scared that I will wake up in the morning and you will be gone again..."
It sounded like she stole those words straight from some bad romance novel, don't you think so? But dad was just as bad. They were both two hopeless fools, in love with each other in a way others could only ever dream of.

Dad asked mom if she could come up to the roof terrace with him for a second.

I had the feeling something amazing was going to happen, so I sneaked up the stairs after them and watched them in secret.
I was right! Before even one word was said, dad got down on one knee and pulled out a ring!!!!!
"Halinor, ever since that night we first were together I have thought about this moment. I came up with tons of scenarios, with tons of ways to express myself, but right now I've forgotten them all. All I know is that I love you, and I'm so happy that our daughter was able to let us meet again. I feel sad for the years we have lost, but I am so much more happy with all the years we still have left. Please be my wife. Will you marry me?"

You should've seen the look on my mom's face. She looked like a cartoon! I was so happy. Finally, after such a long time, my parents were getting married!

You can pretty much say that we're living our happy ending now. But there's still this one thing missing. Next week is the wedding, on February 25th. I think this wedding would be really complete, if the two of you could be there. I know you two abandoned mom, but think for a second after you've read all this. Don't you think that my mom deserves the best wedding in the world, after all she's been through? And what is a wedding, without a father to give her away and a mother to cry of happiness?

Exactly. So you two better come! I'm highly expecting you.

With kind regards,

Your grandchild, Melody.

THE END.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's some things I want to share with you guys about making this story.
First of all: Melody actually doesn't have her father's eyes! Below you can see a picture of the three of them where Halinor isn't wearing her contacts. You can see that Melody has her eyecolour :P. But since they were both grey, it didn't really matter that much. I'm wondering if anyone noticed the difference between Melody and Thornton's  eyes?

I also wanted to let you know that I didn't use any cheats up until the moment Jamie and Chris walked in. (I had to make them friends with eachother because in fact they weren't :P). I also don't have any pose mods. All the expressions and actions the sims did, they did them on their own. I think Halinor's character was more developed around her sim, than me developing a sim around a character. She played her part very well and gave some really awesome sad faces!

Also, Thornton divorced Morgana on his own, somewhere around the time Melody was a toddler. He hadn't been in contact with Halinor for almost a week and still divorced his wife! I think that was a pretty awesome part of story progression that wasn't something I did myself ^^.

And lastly: I didn't know where the story was going until Halinor started spawning wishes to see Thornton. I actually first wanted to make her fall in love with Christopher, but Thornton's sim kept stalking her with love letters and date requests, so I decided to go along with it and created the story around their dying wish to be with each other so badly :P.

The Beastly Legacy

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: Between Dreams and Sunset - COMPLETE
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »
Awwwwwww.  I love happy endings.  I really enjoyed your little story Namaya.  I would love to see Melody in her own story.  Good luck with the sci fi.  ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler