Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 66811 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2013, 05:45:11 PM »
Definitely! That makes me look closer at my plans for sure.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Chuckles_82

« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2013, 06:23:55 PM »
I think without Midas Touch it could be excedingly difficult to get over §2M it would require to purchase all properties and buildings, unless you rely heavily on the subway glitch/feature. What if you stipulated that they had to be home-made midas touch potions?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2013, 06:34:17 PM »
I would think that would either restrict alchemy from earlier/later use, depending on the player. The other problem is, what if I decide to send Ricalynn a couple of Midas Touch potions as a gift? She has no way of knowing if they're homemade or found at the consignment store.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2013, 06:49:05 PM »
I think the other dynasties have a no gifting rule.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2013, 06:56:26 PM »
Actually, you can gift people in the other dynasties. If there's going to be a restriction on the origins of midas touch elixirs (I see no problems with restricting it; it is incredibly easy to buy out the elixir shop until it appears), I say no gifting midas touch elixirs in this one.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2013, 07:03:31 PM »
RE: Midas Touch

We allow it in other dynasties and even in most of the challenges so I don't see us restricting it in this.  While yes it is easy, you are the one that controls how you get your money.  If you want that easy way out versus moving in Agnes and the Altos.. Go for it. 

There are even towns that cost less to purchase rabbit holes to the point that starting there would be a huge advantage we're not going to say you can't use that town.  It's strategy and no strategy is wrong as long as it gets the job done in my mind.   

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2013, 07:45:45 PM »
I think four generations is enough time to get the money the hard way, even on Medium lifespan. As soon as you start putting money in you start getting a little of it back. Like Rica said, strategy.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Noelle_Carter

• Nooboo
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2013, 11:04:51 PM »
Hi everyone. I have been lurking these boards for quite some time before finally joining. This will be my first Dynasty/Challenge attempt.

These two statements confuse me. Rica you make it sound mandatory that tombstones be from only founders and heirs while Metro makes it sound like you can supplement tombstones with other family members.

It specifically says that the neighborhood requirements can only be gotten by founders and heirs.  Tombstones are a neighborhood requirement.

They're definitely allowed to die. In fact they will most likely be your main source of large tombstones.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2013, 11:40:38 PM »
Welcome, Noelle_Carter!

If you take a look at what Metro was replying to, it was a question from Audren about whether previous heirs had to live the entire time, or were allowed to die. In that respect, the reply is then, "the previous heirs are allowed to die. In fact they will most likely be your main source of large tombstones."

This is still a workbench, so that requirement may change, but for now, founders and heirs will be the source of the obelisk tombstones.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2013, 12:47:36 AM »
When you think about it, it's kind of cool that you need the tombstones of the previous heirs. If you take them along to the next town, that maintains the family line. Please can we bring them so the family stays connected the whole time?

By samoht04

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2013, 03:58:26 AM »
When you think about it, it's kind of cool that you need the tombstones of the previous heirs. If you take them along to the next town, that maintains the family line. Please can we bring them so the family stays connected the whole time?

Ooo, I like this idea!

I also like the idea of leaving the collection behind when you move, as a kind of gift from the family to the town. And I like the idea of having it displayed for the people of the town.

I am fine with the getting pregnant within 4 days rule, it both benefits the dynasty by helping to shorten the game time and makes sure that each heir has his/her hands full.

What was the verdict on adding non allowed heir lifeforms to the household?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2013, 04:08:56 AM »
The moving heirs, are they supposed to get the spouse in the world they are born, or in the world they are moving to?

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2013, 05:25:58 AM »
I am fine with the getting pregnant within 4 days rule, it both benefits the dynasty by helping to shorten the game time and makes sure that each heir has his/her hands full.

I second that. I did a little test on that and found it quite easy to get two townies who had never met before to try for a baby on the first day. Obviously, it won't always be so easy, but I think it will be manageable in 4 days.

I like that as well. It means that you can get genes from the previous town  :D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2013, 07:26:34 AM »
About the tombstones, in the second town if only heir tombstones count heir number 8 could only use the tombstones from heirs 4,5,6 and 7 meaning number seven would have to die before number 8 could move. Perhaps any family tombstone could qualify.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2013, 07:35:38 AM »
With a normal lifespan of only 52 days.. unless you were trying for a speed run there are plenty of ways to plan for the 4 tombstones.   The reason we did it this way is so it was a blanket rule for all of the neighborhood requirements. 

The only way I'd budge is to include the spouse of the founding generation of each town.. so Gen 4 spouse.. that's it.  We'll see what Rachel and Metro think.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'