Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 67369 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2013, 05:43:52 PM »
Well, I am thinking this will be the last year of the Tournament and Dynasties for Sims 3. Maybe the team could put together a partial year in 2014, but Sims 4 is coming next year so our focus will be on preparing for those challenges as well as writing many articles.

Does this mean if something shocking happens like I manage to get to the end of the immortal dynasty challenge at some time in the future, like next year or beyond, that it won't be able to go into the hall of fame? Or are you just simply saying no new challenges/dynasty rules being created for Sims 3?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2013, 06:04:31 PM »
They've said they'll keep this site running. I'm pretty sure Rica means no new Dynasties or Challenges, not that they'll ignore them altogether.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2013, 06:37:54 PM »
They've said they'll keep this site running. I'm pretty sure Rica means no new Dynasties or Challenges, not that they'll ignore them altogether.

My question wasn't about the site running, my question was about the challenges and dynasties specifically. Additionally, it was a comment by Metro that I was asking about, not Rica. :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2013, 07:06:01 PM »
Right, I meant to say Metro. In any case, I stand by my answer. If they're keeping the site running, I see no reason they wouldn't keep adding people to the Hall of Fame.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2013, 08:37:34 PM »
The challenge team will still be here for years to come to keep adding to the HOF.  Carl has said several times including in the TS4 thread that the Sims 3 side wasn't going anywhere.  The Sims 4 stuff will be in addition to the Sims 3 stuff with it's own guide and forum. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2013, 03:13:16 AM »
People with base game should be able to complete this.  It doesn't have to be four different towns but it will need to be at least two different towns.
Rica, people with only the base game won't be able to complete the dynasty because there aren't enough careers available.  The base game only has 14, counting both branches of law enforcement, music and criminal.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2013, 03:40:37 AM »
Did the ability to be self-employed come with Ambitions or with the patch? Because if it came with the patch, that adds four self-employment careers which makes it doable. The problem is there are only 38 skill challenges available in base game, which is 10 short of how many they'll need.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2013, 03:46:08 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's part of Ambitions itself.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2013, 06:45:24 AM »
I don't have a solution for the base game careers, but for the skill challenges, you could just switch the number required down to two, and make each heir find 3 best friends instead of two.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2013, 06:56:59 AM »
A dynasty is not required for someone to just have base game other than an immortal dynasty.  I had forgotten about self-employment briefly when I made the state so yes someone with just base game won't be able to but someone with only two or three towns will be able to complete as long as they have enough careers and skill challenges.  Remember the collecting and consignment challenges count too.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2013, 08:44:21 AM »
Rosa, you amaze me...stopping to figure out how many skill challenges there are in the base game! This would affect me because I don't think that Ambitions, Generations, and Seasons add any new skill challenges. I would get a new EP, but I'm uncertain of my computers ability to handle any more. It runs smoothly now, but eh. Lower the requirement to 2 would be a big help. Would the best friend requirement include family members?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2013, 08:47:45 AM »
Also, before when I was concerned about the tombstones, I hadn't really taken in that life extension was possible after an heir had achieved their personal requirements. Never mind!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2013, 08:49:29 AM »
Rica, people with only the base game won't be able to complete the dynasty because there aren't enough careers available.  The base game only has 14, counting both branches of law enforcement, music and criminal.

When I originally came up with the Immortal Dynasty I remember Pam really wanted it to be such that players could do it with only the base game. I get that. It made sense at the time — think about it — it was just 2010 with a couple expansions having been released at that point. Players were still getting into the game. But now it's a different situation. The game is in its twilight and the vast majority of players are going to have at least a couple expansions, so requiring players to have more content for this Dynasty is okay for me.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2013, 09:32:32 AM »
Rosa, you amaze me...stopping to figure out how many skill challenges there are in the base game! This would affect me because I don't think that Ambitions, Generations, and Seasons add any new skill challenges. I would get a new EP, but I'm uncertain of my computers ability to handle any more. It runs smoothly now, but eh. Lower the requirement to 2 would be a big help. Would the best friend requirement include family members?

Thank you *bow* You're quite incorrect about Ambitions and Generations not adding skill challenges (although quite right about Seasons). Ambitions adds two whole skills, both of which are rather generous with their challenges--Sculpting with four and Inventing with five. Add Generations' Logic challenge Master Chemist and you have all 48 required skill challenges. Actually, if I were to choose one single expansion pack to have while playing this dynasty, it would be Ambitions. Not only does it add the self-employment careers that are so useful, but also the professions which can be maxed relatively easily by maxing the proper skills. Add that to the fact that said professions come with a plethora of career rewards, and I'd say you're in excellent shape!

Metro, I agree with you--most people have at least a few expansions, the early ones are quite cheap now, and if they don't have any at all then there is still the Immortal Dynasty. I think it's perfectly fine to have a dynasty that can't be completed with base game.

By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2013, 09:46:12 AM »
Also, people who are just starting with The Sims 3 will probably have the combination pack that includes Late Night, which comes with the skills, bass, drums, piano, and mixology. And I'm not sure that the consignment skill challenges were included in the total for the base game.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything