Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 66786 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 09:19:47 AM »
A thing to think of is that we were doing this dynasty while thinking of the other ones.  If it's not allowed in the other ones there is a strong possibility it is 10000% not allowed in this one.

The moving thing is going to be just like it is for the Townie DecaDynasty.  You'll have to use the in game method to keep the family clock and everything. 

The collections will be specific collections and not as varied as the Townie DecaDynasty as well.  You only need four collections so there is absolutely no need to place spawners down in a town if it doesn't have it.  If you want that collection, move to the town that will best fit that collection. 

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 09:35:45 AM »
I have had a go at doing up a spreadsheet for this. Here is the link to the spreadsheet.

(If nothing else, it'll reveal whether or not I understand the dynasty rules.) :D

Nice spread, Deklitch!  I did notice that you have Max Unique Skill listed, instead of Max Unique Career - In the Adding an Heir section.  Otherwise, it looks really easy to use, at least with the rules the way they are right now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 09:43:50 AM »
I have often found non home world insects, metals and rocks while dumpster diving, would those count for the collection as they are randomly found? the insects do not show up in the collection journal though so will that matter or is it not an issue as long as you have one of every available type?

Just thinking it's a way to find those that don't spawn normally in that world like the Late Night ones Marian mentioned, I've found spiders and termites that way, not the will-o-the wisps though, are they a bug or a butterfly anyway? not sure I've ever seen one as I rarely play Bridgeport.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2013, 09:47:59 AM »
Since there's no time restriction on how long your founder can wait before trying for baby, does that mean that sims who are teens at the beginning of the game would be eligible as founders? Or even children (like Mortimer and Bella)?

Back to the collectables -- I can see why paintings and books wouldn't be eligible, but what about elixirs and potions from the chemistry table? There are finite numbers of those, so you could have a complete collection. While potions might be too easy, making all the elixirs could be a 4-generation effort.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2013, 09:51:39 AM »
The house you start with is where your founders will come from just like with Townie DecaDynasty.  You can't wait for Bella and Mortimer. 

We were thinking of keeping the restrictions on townie houses to be similar to the ones that are available in the Townie DecaDynasty.  No multiple generations homes.

Also don't forget this isn't just for questions.  This is a workbench. You're allowed to make suggestions not just ask for clarifications.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2013, 09:56:36 AM »
Since there's no time restriction on how long your founder can wait before trying for baby...

Well...there could be ;) Is four days too tough? It would keep with the whole 4 thing. 4 days from starting your file Heir #1 would need to be born (i.e. Week 1, Day 5)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2013, 12:00:30 PM »
Well...there could be ;) Is four days too tough? It would keep with the whole 4 thing. 4 days from starting your file Heir #1 would need to be born (i.e. Week 1, Day 5)

In a word: yes. Ten days in the DecaDynasty is already hard enough. Four days could be next to impossible.

As far as complete collections go, it seems like you don't get the spawners to get everything in one town, excluding say seashells in Island Paradise. However, using the Sculpting station and breaking stone statues has resulted in non-native gems and metals, as has the witch's transformation spell and the board breaker.

Question: When you say all Skill Collections count, is that only in the Skill Journal? I think it would be cool to be able to count things in the adventures such as Historical Hoarder, Relic Collection Connoisseur, and Rubble Excavator.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »
When I think of "Heir", I think of "inheritance".

Definition of INHERITANCE. 1. a: the act of inheriting property

Requirement Idea:  Perhaps the founders need to purchase 1-4 businesses/properties before bringing in the first heir.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2013, 12:39:48 PM »
@Rosa - Yes only in the skill journal for the skill challenges.   The reason the challenges count for the collections is because they are in the skill journal.  The challenges you bring up is in an entirely different set of windows.

And it's not impossible to get it done in 4 days.  A Sims 3 pregnancy only lasts 3 days.  There are a lot of things that can be done to get someone at the appropriate level of friendship to get them pregnant in the first 24 hours.   It's a challenge.  While yes there are some things that need to be handled for a story, it's also a challenge where you need to think of priorities. 

This is going to be a 16 generation challenge.  If you take too much time, think of the file size even with the four moves.   

Another thing to consider:   Medium lifespan means you have 52 days instead of the normal 90.  That means certain things have to take priority over others.  There is no life extension until your heir's part is done.  The young adult and adult life stages are only 12 days long each.   2 days for Baby, 4 days for Toddler, 4 days for Child, 8 days for Teen, 12 for YA and Adult stages, 10 for Elder.   This isn't a dynasty to take your time. 

@Caterina - Depending on how you start that might take too long with what little time you have to get things done too. 

To me this challenge doesn't begin until the first heir is born.. so 4 days to start the challenge doesn't seem that hard.   It's all about strategy.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2013, 12:50:34 PM »
It would be possible to get an heir within 4 days. You just need to work fast.

Rachel.
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2013, 01:12:39 PM »
I've thought of three other finite collections that might be possible -- gnomes, inventions, and objects upgraded by someone with the handiness skill.

Also, Turoskel brought up a point -- the things you get from dumpster diving don't register on the collections page. I'd add that neither do things dug up with the miner. And the game doesn't always give you credit for plasma bugs, fireflies, and mushrooms. (And would we consider mushrooms to be a separate collection or group them with plants?) So could we go with something along the lines of as long as you didn't buy it, it counts?

Oh, and I agree that 4 days is possible for the birth, but if you want to make it easier, you could say the founder has to "try for baby" by the end of Day 4.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2013, 02:08:33 PM »
I forgot we could start with two CAS Sims, so yes, 4 days is doable. And other ways could be possible too, it's just a rush. But as you pointed out, this whole challenge is about speed.

I think we could use a lot of clarification on what constitutes a collection.

By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2013, 02:43:39 PM »
I was thinking that we might consider an scoring component that would consist of 4 features we know (and love) from other dynasties:

Your score is assessed as follows:

1. One point for each unique Lifetime Wish completed by a founder, heir, or spouse.
2. One point for each portrait and/or ice sculpture of founder, heir, and spouse (limited to 1 per sim).
3. One point for each teen or child who makes the honor roll.
4. One point for each skill maxed by a founder, heir, or spouse (wouldn't have to be unique; diving excluded for mermaids).

Or you could replace one of the above with:

One point for each type of NPC who is friends with the household at the time of the move.

Scoring would be optional, but would be there for people who like to go for a high score.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »
We generally don't do scoring.. we figured the exact money value of the four collections would be the number we chose for HOF much like the collections for Townie Deca or the Museum Value of the Immortal Dynasty. 

This isn't a tournament thing - we don't have to have scoring as it's not about doing it better and higher than someone.. it's about finishing it.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2013, 03:58:37 PM »

Nice spread, Deklitch!  I did notice that you have Max Unique Skill listed, instead of Max Unique Career - In the Adding an Heir section.  Otherwise, it looks really easy to use, at least with the rules the way they are right now.

Thanks for picking that up, Simfulicious. I've correct that error. Here's the updated spreadsheet.

anything