Poll

Which were your three favourite collections?

Swirl-Girl - Nooboo Strawberry Collection
4 (5%)
Snufflesxx - School Yard Styles from the Snuffles Clothing Co.
9 (11.3%)
Rain - The Bunches go to Chilton
12 (15%)
MarianT - The Plaid Bunch
5 (6.3%)
ladybug53 - Country Harvest Collection
10 (12.5%)
GoslettM - Play, Learn & Grow Together Collection
9 (11.3%)
chetanhaobijam - Bachelors' Childrens & Teens Dress Collection
4 (5%)
bubbles - Cool Kids Collection of Plaid
8 (10%)
azokka361 - Stephens Family Catalog
3 (3.8%)
ArianaJade - Stereotypical
16 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: August 27, 2013, 10:07:45 AM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 08 - Back to School! - Closed  (Read 8210 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 08 - Back to School! - Closed
« on: August 08, 2013, 09:22:27 AM »

CAS Contests 2013: 08 - Back to School!

The Situation:
Summer days pass quickly.  Soon it's time to start planning for the return to school.  Whether your Sim is a child starting school for the first time, a teen returning after summer break, or a young adult (or even an older adult) heading off to University, it's important to have the right wardrobe.

Your Task:
What will fashion trend-setters be wearing to school this fall?  Your task is to design the perfect back-to-school wardrobe.  And there's an additional challenge - in order to make your garments accessible for all Sims, you must limit your content to base game only.  Your collection should include six outfits, for any age/s from Child to Elder.

Screenshot Notes for this Contest:  The usual limit of 10 screenshots in your entry thread applies.  You may choose to use fewer screenshots if you wish.  Because the focus is on the clothes and not the Sim in this contest, you don't need to worry about having the usual close-up views.  You can take your screenshots in whatever way best shows off the clothing.  It's your choice whether to take the pictures in CAS or in a naturalistic setting.  Keep in mind that the screenshots should not include CC or store content other than registration rewards or other free items, and no content from other EPs or SPs in this contest - base game only.

Also, remember you can post only one screenshot in this thread.

How to Upload your Outfits:  People can choose to upload each outfit individually (6 or more links, depending on whether you have full outfits or separate tops and bottoms).  OR, you can choose one of the Sims from a brand-new Sunset Valley game, put the clothes on that Sim (without making over the Sim), and upload the Sim (one link, or possibly a couple of links).  The idea would be that the SV Sim is your "sales representative" who will deliver the clothes.  If your collection cannot all fit on one Sim (eg, you have Male and Female clothes, or you have 6 of one type of garment), you can use more than one SV Sim.  The reason for an un-made over SV Sim is that they are Sims we all have, and this contest is about the clothes, not the Sims.  The "sales representative" does not have to be the Sim/s used in the screenshots (those are your models).  You can show the clothes on any model/s you want.  Just say at the bottom of your entry "Our sales representative Emma Hatch (or whoever) will bring the clothes to your house."

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

To view a sample entry, follow this link.

Contest Start Date: Friday, 9th August, 2013 - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Thursday, 22nd August, 2013 - 11:59pm

Please post in this thread only if you are posting an entry or asking a question.  However, we would prefer that questions be sent directly to the CAS Contest Team.  Please send your queries to Schipperke and ratchie.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 08 - Back to School! - Contest Open
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 02:47:52 PM »
School Yard Styles from the Snuffles Clothing Co.

Age range: Child
Type: Everyday and Formal
Content: Base game only ( :o )

Hello. I am here to present the latest clothing collection for kids from the Snuffles Clothing Co. We wanted to create clothing that would get your kids back in the mood for school with bright patterns and cool styles. We also have designed some uniform pieces that can be recoloured to match the school colours of your child's school.

Pick up our catalogue to see the full range. Order soon because they will sell fast!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 05:14:10 PM »
  The Stephens Family Catalog
  Content Used: Base Game only!

Choosing the right clothes for the first day of school, and the last day of school, is perhaps the most important decision anyone makes in their existence. Especially for young parents taking classes, there's a delicate balance between racy and uptight. This Family Back-to-School Catalog will help every mother, father, and child to overcome nerves and rock the first day of school!

Check out more pictures and download here.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 08:14:13 PM »
Nooboo Strawberry Collection

Are you new to the sims? Do you have questions like, "What's a moodlet?" "Does this come in pink?"? Are you wondering where the logic of it all is? Does the idea of an "Expansion" boggle your mind, seeing as the game already seems too big? And what's all this lingo? CAS, and CAP, and CAW, and Nooboo, and Vanilla?
Well, you've come to the right place. Welcome to Carl's The Sims 3 School! (Or guide, whichever you should prefer). Where legends and outcasts alike can work together to help each other.So pack your bags, and don't worry about the daunting choices in Create a Sim! We will supply 6 pieces that should cover just about everything you will need while looking perky in strawberry tones!

Read the rest of the brochure this way.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 01:30:13 PM »
Bachelors' Childrens and Teens Dress Collection
by chetanhaobijam
Age and Gender: Child(Female) and Teen(Male).
Type: Everyday and Formal.
Content used: Base game only.
Hi, everyone. This time we are presenting our newest Back to School! Dress Collection. Our models Bella and Michael Bachelor are showcasing the female children and male teen dress, respectively. So, if you like our collection, our sales representative will be bringing the clothes to your home.

You can find the entire collection here.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 02:30:47 PM »
Country Harvest Collection .
by ladybug53 .

Expansion : Base Game Only .
Patterns : EA patterns only .

After having a summertime school break it's time for going back to school . This Country Harvest Collection was created for female teen sims using fall colors . Our outfits will be modeled by Gigi . When the modeling is finished , feel free to put in your orders , the outfits come in all sizes .

Short Shirt Dress

Download - Country Harvest Collection

Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 05:26:05 PM »
The Plaid Bunch
by MarianT

With their earnings as Plaid Bunch models and sales representatives, Jack and Judy Bunch were able to send their children to boarding schools and to go to college themselves.

The first to leave was Darlene, who was headed to the School of Peace and Love in a lime-green and navy jumper.

Darlene and the rest of the Bunch family can be found here.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »
Play, Learn and Grow Together Collection
by GoslettM

Why waste money at the stores in the mall, especially when you see several other people wearing the same thing?

Try to be different, but still have that look that lets everyone know that you still have a sense of fashion.

Pick up our catalogue to see the full range.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 09:23:00 AM »
Cool Kids Collection of Plaid
by Bubbles

Content: Base Game only!
Patterns: EA Only
Type: Everyday only

School can be tough, and at Cool Kids, we get that. We feel your pain. That's why we have come up with a range of super cool uniform styles that will put you at the top of the class. And to prove how awesome we are, Sunset Valley Community School for the Gifted has adopted our styles as their new uniform! Even Le Fromage School of Art is considering our clothing range! What makes our uniform so special, I hear you ask? You'll have to wait and see...

Children of all kinds of backgrounds can rock the plaid look and prove they are the best. [Front Left-right: Thomas, Ella, Riley. Back Left-right: Tanya, Ron, Amie]

Browse our collection HERE!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Rain

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 11:42:18 PM »
Mandatory Uniforms for Chilton Preparatory School
by Rain

Content: Base Game only!
Type: Everyday(4) - Athletic(1) - Outwear(1)

The Bunches are off to Chilton Preparatory School! Jack and Judy Bunch have been saving up for years to give their kids a better chance of getting into an Ivy league University. Even if they aren't all excited about their new school, they do love their new school uniforms that have just been redesigned by Rain a brand new designer on the scene.

To view entire collection:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,17418.0.html

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »
Stereotypical
by ArianaJade

Content: Base game only
Type: Everyday (6)

Populars, preppies, nerds, goths, jocks, geeks. Everyone knows about high school stereotypes. Pick yours, and look the part with this great collection of new clothes just in time for the new term!

See more here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 08 - Back to School! - Poll Open
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 10:11:03 AM »
This contest is now closed and the poll is up.  There were many great clothing collections entered, so be sure to take the time to review them all before deciding which are your three favourites. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 01:30:30 PM »
Voting is completed, and we have a winner!  Congratulations to ArianaJade for her Stereotypical Collection, designed to ensure your Sim will be perfectly dressed whatever his/her social group!  And congratulations to everyone who entered this contest and shared their wonderful clothing collections.

This thread is now open for comments.  Please remember to give feedback only if it's requested, and be sure to keep comments positive and constructive.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »
CAS Contest 2013:  08 - Back to School! - August 9 - 22, 2013
    And the winner is - ArianaJade!

Congratulations to ArianaJade! You can download the winning entry here: Stereotypical.

And here's what ArianaJade had to say about the winning entry:

"I didn't expect to win, everyone else's designs were really good and I liked how varied everyone's interpretations of the task were.

When I came up with the idea of basing the clothes on high school stereotypes, I was trying to think of something that was specifically school-like, rather than just child/teenager-y. Where I'm from in the UK, most schools wear a uniform, so you don't really get the diversity of clothes at school you do in places like the US. I also really wanted to make it look like an outfit you might see someone in real life wearing. I think the geek outfits were my favourite to design (probably because I am a bit of a geek). The popular girl was the hardest, partly in terms of the clothing choices I could use and because it was really hard to make realistic. I really enjoyed the challenge of only using base game stuff, I've got far to used to my expansion packs!"

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 08 - Back to School! - Winner Announced!
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 02:34:08 PM »
Congratulations ArianaJade. A well deserved win.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.