Author Topic: Gothic Stone Manor - 60 x 60, 4 br, 5 ba  (Read 17168 times)

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
Gothic Stone Manor - 60 x 60, 4 br, 5 ba
« on: August 11, 2013, 03:22:21 AM »

Name: GOTHIC STONE MANOR
Lot Size: 60 x 60
Bedrooms: 4
Bathrooms: 3 full, 2 half
Cost furnished: 397,456 (on 345 Riverblossom Hills Drive, Riverview)
Cost unfurnished: 258,424
EPs: AMB, LN, GEN, PETS, SHO, SN, SEA, UL, IP
SPs: NONE
Store: NONE
CC: NONE

Built in response to a request by ToniSimbot

Does your neighborhood need a gigantic stone mansion to give it a little more gravitas?  Look no further than the stately Goth Manor.  Designed as the ancestral home of the Goths, it is equally suitable for any other obscenely rich family looking for a place to live and a home to impress the less-billionare-y denizens of whatever town you plop it down in.

The ornate Gothic facade overlooks extensive grounds including a pool, formal gardens, a family grave plot, and a two-car garage. The large foyer, covered in white marble, opens up to a formal dining room with bar, and a dramatic two-story windowed living room. The wood-paneled study is a quiet place for work, chess, or painting, and the glass-lined conservatory provides a place for rest or gardening.  The large kitchen makes entertaining a breeze, and includes a coffee bar in addition to the standard appliances and a breakfast table.  Steps lead down to a basement that could serve as a nectar cellar.  There's also an empty basement under the garage.

Upstairs, there are two master suites, each with a bedroom, bathroom, private TV parlor and fireplace.  A medieval-themed children's room has bunkbeds for two, a desk, TV and video games, and its own attached bathroom.  A pleasant nursery is across the hall, furnshed with all the necessities. A playroom provides space for all of the youngest members of the family to enjoy their leisure, and an extra desk provides a good place for homework.

The top-most floor has a large game room, half-bath and two extra rooms that are large enough to serve as extra bedrooms, or skilling rooms for whatever hobbies your Sims would like to pursue.

Note:  As I was building, I was sorely tempted to add a Batcave but I decided to stick to the request as it was written. With that in mind, though...  it is very easy to add a Batcave, as there is no foundation to go through.  In fact, you can easily add a hidden fireman's pole next to the study by swapping one of the bookshelves for the Supernatural sliding door, and turning a row of the butler's pantry into a hidden room for the pole. 

In addition to the pictures below, you can view floor plans here:

GROUND FLOOR
MIDDLE FLOOR
TOP FLOOR

The basements are just empty boxes, so I didn't bother to upload an image.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Gothic Stone Manor
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 04:21:26 AM »
Gosh, your builds are all so brilliant, I love every single one of them (although I have a special preference for the ones you made for me specially ;) )
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 04:28:26 AM »
This is really beautiful!  I'm going to put it on our Facebook page.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 04:33:57 AM »
Wow! This is very impressive!

Offline ToniSimbot

• Llama Wrangler
  • We shall take over SimNation with fire and blood
    • Simblr (beware spoilers)
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 05:30:08 AM »
HOLY GOODNESS! Thank you soo much! I absolutely love it and can't wait to put the Goths in it!  :D
Current Story: Vesta's Reward

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 05:35:00 AM »
Wow , I love all your builds but this one is so brilliant . Your sense of decor is fantastic . I love the colors you've used throughout the manor . Great work !  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Chuckles_82

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 06:34:45 AM »
Oh. My. Gosh. This is absolutely stunning!!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 12:44:13 PM »
Wow this is grand!!!  Wonderful job!! :)

Offline intl_incident

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 01:02:39 PM »
This is really beautiful!  I'm going to put it on our Facebook page.

Wow, thanks, Pam.  That's quite an honor, considering how great so many of the builders and lots are on the forum.

HOLY GOODNESS! Thank you soo much! I absolutely love it and can't wait to put the Goths in it!  :D

Hooray!  I did my best to give you everything you asked for, and I think your Sims will like it.  I have been wanting to build a real gothic manor for a while, so I was really excited to see this request to give me an excuse to do it. :)

Gosh, your builds are all so brilliant, I love every single one of them (although I have a special preference for the ones you made for me specially ;) )

Hee, thanks. You may recognize some of the wall and floor patterns, actually, from a certain castle...  I really liked that blue and gold bedroom I did there, so I decided to re-use the rugs and paneling for this house. And the 'rug' in the living room is very similar to the one in another house I did for you.

Thanks as well to everyone else for the nice comments! I really appreciate the feedback.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 06:09:35 PM »
Ah, yes, I see. Now I know why it felt familiar :)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 09:55:29 AM »
Wow! I think I'm in love! This is gorgeous. I absolutely love the attention to detail. Stunning work!
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Gulliver the cat!

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »
Wow... that is amazing! I love it! Bravo! :D

Offline zoldos

• Nooboo
Re: Gothic Stone Manor - 60 x 60, 4 br, 5 ba
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 10:31:35 PM »
This is awesome!!!  My Sims will love it!  You have amazing skills. :)
-=VexCor Forums - Youtubers, Gamers, & More!=-

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 01:36:13 PM »
*Gulp!*  I think I've found a new favorite builder.  Really, words can't describe.  I have always disliked the "goth" look because it was so dark and gloomy and you kind of stumble through each room looking for a light to turn on.  While you've chosen darker colors, they are not dreary, or gloomy, but rather are elegant and no stumbling for a light.  Somehow they are "dark" but also light enough to see and enjoy everything.  This is truly an elegant and very regal build. 

I think I would like to see a little bit more landscaping, maybe a maze?  Not too much color because it would ruin the effect but something very stately and formal.  I think of the maze and gardens at Hampton Court Palace as an example.

Did you do all this from scratch or did you take the original Goth Manor and redo parts of it?  Whichever, it is amazing.  Definitely downloading this one.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline intl_incident

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 02:59:37 PM »
*Gulp!*  I think I've found a new favorite builder.  Really, words can't describe.  I have always disliked the "goth" look because it was so dark and gloomy and you kind of stumble through each room looking for a light to turn on.  While you've chosen darker colors, they are not dreary, or gloomy, but rather are elegant and no stumbling for a light.  Somehow they are "dark" but also light enough to see and enjoy everything.  This is truly an elegant and very regal build. 

I think I would like to see a little bit more landscaping, maybe a maze?  Not too much color because it would ruin the effect but something very stately and formal.  I think of the maze and gardens at Hampton Court Palace as an example.

Did you do all this from scratch or did you take the original Goth Manor and redo parts of it?  Whichever, it is amazing.  Definitely downloading this one.

So glad you like it.  I was definitely aiming for a more classic "gothic" look than the typical black-red-purple modern "goth," which is a whole different thing.  It's built from scratch, rather than based on the old Goth Manor. 

As for the landscaping, I wanted to keep it really, really simple, as a lot of big stone houses from this time period were plopped in the middle of big flat lawns.  It was the sort of style of the day.  In fact, if you look at Tyntesfield, which I used for some inspiration, there is a lot of flat green grass right around it.  There are formal gardens nearby, but with Sims lots the size that they are, it's hard to keep that uncluttered lawn look and still fit the formal gardens in -- especially asToniSimbot wanted a garage and pool on the lot as well. 

Anyway, it would be fun to make a "companion" lot that's a garden with greenhouse and hedge maze, to place next to it -- hmm... I'll have to think about that one, if I ever have time.