Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 323262 times)

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2013, 10:19:26 AM »
It's four of each item and sixteen items all together, not four sets of sixteen.

You have to go into buy mode to determine the value of street art. It doesn't always have a value and if it does, it's worth very, very little and I'm unsure if it gets a death bonus or not.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2013, 10:29:42 AM »
It's four of each item and sixteen items all together, not four sets of sixteen.

You have to go into buy mode to determine the value of street art. It doesn't always have a value and if it does, it's worth very, very little and I'm unsure if it gets a death bonus or not.

In buy mode - are you selling the piece of wall that the art is on or is the art itself an independent entity that can be lifted/moved around?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2013, 10:31:21 AM »
In buy mode - are you selling the piece of wall that the art is on or is the art itself an independent entity that can be lifted/moved around?

The value of the art itself, which can be lifted/moved around.  Don't include the value of the wall. 

Offline Tantara

• Nooboo
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2013, 12:47:45 PM »
Wow...what an in-depth challenge!  I told myself I won't try this, as I'm just getting to the end of generation 2 in my Life States Dynasty and trying to write up a story, but it's hard not to get sucked in to theoretical planning.

A question:  I see in the rules that "moving heirs" (#4/8/12) can pack up and take their career rewards with them.  What about Lifetime Happiness Rewards?  For most of these, they are just benefits that will stick through a move as do skills.  But what of object-based LTRs, such as the Collection Helper or Moodlet Manager?  Do these travel with the moving heir?

On the subject of moving heirs (and in the absence of a Tips thread for this challenge) - It seems to me that one of the most important choices is which careers/skills to choose for moving heirs, as their abilities might make all the difference when starting afresh in a new town.  For instance, leaving something lucrative like Painting for a moving heir, thus allowing them to start in a new town with level 10 painting right away and the ability to crank out masterpieces... or perhaps having a moving heir maxed out in Chemistry, thus allowing for Sleeping Elixirs for themselves and heirs in the new town right away...  It seems to me that various skills or career awards (laptop, fridge) might be very advantageous to the generations in the fresh town. 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2013, 01:24:13 PM »
A question:  I see in the rules that "moving heirs" (#4/8/12) can pack up and take their career rewards with them.  What about Lifetime Happiness Rewards?  For most of these, they are just benefits that will stick through a move as do skills.  But what of object-based LTRs, such as the Collection Helper or Moodlet Manager?  Do these travel with the moving heir?

The rule says career rewards only, not lifetime rewards.  However, the lifetime happiness points doesn't reset when you move, so there really isn't any need to spend those points until they move to the new world.  After they reach the new world, you can then use those points and purchase moodlet manager, etc etc. 

Offline Tantara

• Nooboo
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2013, 04:11:42 PM »
The rule says career rewards only, not lifetime rewards.  However, the lifetime happiness points doesn't reset when you move, so there really isn't any need to spend those points until they move to the new world.  After they reach the new world, you can then use those points and purchase moodlet manager, etc etc.

Thanks for the reply, Nutella.  :)  But what I'm concerned about is whether rewards we do buy for use in the previous world will automatically go with the sim to the next world or is we need to find a way to jettison them, much like with imaginary friend dolls, lest they auto-restore back into the inventory in the new town.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2013, 05:17:59 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Nutella.  :)  But what I'm concerned about is whether rewards we do buy for use in the previous world will automatically go with the sim to the next world or is we need to find a way to jettison them, much like with imaginary friend dolls, lest they auto-restore back into the inventory in the new town.

You are not allowed to bring lifetime happiness reward object over to the new world, sorry.  So if you have moodlet manager, collection helper, any type of lifetime happiness reward object, you will have to sell them before the move.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tantara

• Nooboo
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2013, 06:03:46 PM »
You are not allowed to bring lifetime happiness reward object over to the new world, sorry.  So if you have moodlet manager, collection helper, any type of lifetime happiness reward object, you will have to sell them before the move.

I understand that we aren't allowed to bring them with us.  That isn't what my question is regarding.   My question is regarding how to permanently get rid of them or if there is any bugginess with doing so. 

(I'm not trying to be rude here but want to secure an answer to my question.)  Let me try to clarify:  With the imaginary friend, it was determined earlier in this thread that if you try to leave it behind when you move worlds, the doll will spawn back into your inventory upon reaching the new neighborhood.  It was determined that you must give the doll to another sim to actually get rid of the doll and not have it spawn back to you.  My question was whether the case is similar for LTRs.  I wanted to know if I'd need to give the reward to another sim and kick them out before I moved town or if another method would suffice (leaving them on the ground, etc.)  I guess selling them will do the trick.  If they somehow pop back in the new town, I guess I'd just get rid of them at that point.

Thanks for your help.  I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough to begin with.  :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2013, 06:10:42 PM »
Tantara-

Sorry, English is not my first language, so I naturally misunderstood you.  To permanently get rid of lifetime happiness reward, you just need to sell them, very simple.  They will not pop back up in the new town, I tested it.

Offline Tantara

• Nooboo
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2013, 06:13:18 PM »
Tantara-

Sorry, English is not my first language, so I naturally misunderstood you.  To permanently get rid of lifetime happiness reward, you just need to sell them, very simple.  They will not pop back up in the new town, I tested it.

Excellent.  Thanks so much, Nutella.  (I worry about the strangest minor things in this game, I think.)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2013, 06:14:40 PM »
LTRs shouldn't be a problem. They act like objects from the store. Sell them, display them, whatever, they won't haunt you like those Imaginary Friends. I haven't been able to successfully give an IF away to anyone. I left 2 on the ground outside the Consignment Shop once, and although they never went back into inventory, they show up occasionally at home to be a nuisance. I have a tendency to make mine into real sims so they can become part of the family and be either a spouse or moved out.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2013, 06:33:57 PM »
For the imaginary doll, you can always give them as a gift to some unsuspecting child  ;)  Yes, I'm evil.  The doll has to belong to the sim for the sim to give it away, so if you click on the doll, there should be a few options, one of the option is give gift.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2013, 07:13:43 AM »
Do spouses of non-allowed life states need to be cured before moving in, or after? Or just before try for baby?

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2013, 07:23:47 AM »
For the Unique Opportunities: do University day jobs/social group/dares count?
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

anything