Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 323129 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #345 on: October 06, 2013, 11:45:12 PM »
Grats KRae, halfway done.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #346 on: October 09, 2013, 10:21:32 PM »
Hi I have two questions here to ask:
Is a spouse only allowed into the household after heir requirements are done?
About the unique rewards - if only reward is chosen - say culinary fridge, does that mean no other person in the entire dynasty can max that career including spares and other members because another one will be obtained?
Thanks in advance!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #347 on: October 09, 2013, 10:55:14 PM »
Is a spouse only allowed into the household after heir requirements are done?

No.  The potential spouse can enter the household early, but it must be your heir that invites him/her into the household.  The spouse will have to wait for the heir to complete his/her requirement before they can try for baby.

About the unique rewards - if only reward is chosen - say culinary fridge, does that mean no other person in the entire dynasty can max that career including spares and other members because another one will be obtained?

Example: culinary fridge for moving requirement
If one of your heir obtains the fridge and use it as the career reward for moving requirement, then no other founders / heirs can obtain the same fridge.

Your non-founders non-heirs can obtain the fridge, they are not subject to the same restrictions.  They cannot contribute the fridge for the moving requirement though.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #348 on: October 09, 2013, 10:56:35 PM »
A spouse or future spouse can enter the household at any time (even born in household), but if not born there, must be brought in by the heir. Spouses, except spouses 4, 8, and 12 (future founders), and spares, and really anyone except heirs and founders, can have any career, any rewards, any opportunities without restrictions. So go ahead and have them get those chef's fridges, if you want.
Edit-beat me to it, Nutella.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #349 on: October 10, 2013, 07:51:00 AM »
Can we use the dragons, I guess no, but just want to make sure!  :D

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #350 on: October 10, 2013, 07:52:29 AM »
Thank you so much Nutella and KRae for the replies.
That's a relief, now I can wait another 2 days for my heir to age up to YA and add his potential spouse to the family, and let her keep her culinary career.
I'm not writing up story yet but just doing my challenges, as I've decided to do that only if I am lucky enough to finish in the first world. There's lots of strange glitches right now, but not too serious.
Well, when I attempted an immortal dynasty story last time and almost going to post it my game files glitched so badly in the next few days making me unable to continue. Fingers crossed things will work out this time.
One more thing I would like to make sure is that if Wish Enhancing serum and Midas Touch are banned, is there any restriction to increase wealth and lifetime happiness in other ways quickly, say, genie lamp/transfiguration/rebel protest?

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #351 on: October 10, 2013, 07:53:53 AM »
Hi, I think I've seen the Newman dynasty using dragons, if my memory serves?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #352 on: October 10, 2013, 07:59:01 AM »
Hi, I think I've seen the Newman dynasty using dragons, if my memory serves?

You're right. It's only Tournament challenges that have a ban on Premium Content. The only Premium Content banned in dynasties is the Wishing Well from Lucky Palms.  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #353 on: October 10, 2013, 08:01:51 AM »
Thanks, Elena & Snufflesxx, I'm happy we can use them!  ;D

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #354 on: October 10, 2013, 08:15:05 AM »
You're right. It's only Tournament challenges that have a ban on Premium Content. The only Premium Content banned in dynasties is the Wishing Well from Lucky Palms.  :)
Love you stories:)
I've used the dragons already at the start of my dynasty, but getting green dragon was rather difficult for me and instead I got myself lots of black dragons like Angel, except I didn't do that on purpose:) I kept talking about weather to them and no use, sigh.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #355 on: October 10, 2013, 09:14:52 AM »

100% yes, you can use them.  Premium contents are ok for dynasties, except for a few specific ones listed on the dynasty individual rules page.

One more thing I would like to make sure is that if Wish Enhancing serum and Midas Touch are banned, is there any restriction to increase wealth and lifetime happiness in other ways quickly, say, genie lamp/transfiguration/rebel protest?

No, you can use other ways to increase wealth and lifetime happiness.  Its just Midas Touch & Wish Enhancing serum that are banned.  Those 2 elixirs just makes this dynasty a cake walk, and Metro doesn't like cake walk, thus banned.   :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #356 on: October 10, 2013, 10:35:01 AM »
I think my favorite premium content is the quick grow station. Money trees reproduce so quickly.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #357 on: October 10, 2013, 01:57:42 PM »
I’m just a little bit confused, the spreadsheet that we can use by Deklitch says that heirs 1,4,5,8,9,12,13 & 16 must have a unique maxed career.  Then heirs 2,3,6,7,10,11,14 & 15 must have a unique maxed skill.  In the rules there is nothing about a maxed skill just a maxed career, so is the maxed skill a typing error!

Thanks
Marisha  :D

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #358 on: October 10, 2013, 02:06:05 PM »
I’m just a little bit confused, the spreadsheet that we can use by Deklitch says that heirs 1,4,5,8,9,12,13 & 16 must have a unique maxed career.  Then heirs 2,3,6,7,10,11,14 & 15 must have a unique maxed skill.  In the rules there is nothing about a maxed skill just a maxed career, so is the maxed skill a typing error!

It's typing error, it should be maxed career (job).

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #359 on: October 10, 2013, 03:38:55 PM »
It's typing error, it should be maxed career (job).

Thanks, Nutella.  ;D