Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326086 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #420 on: October 17, 2013, 05:40:43 PM »
 :( I didn't watch it, because I'm usually at work when they happen, so I plain forgot. Plus, now that the resort thing has been fixed, I've been playing catch up. I'll watch it for sure though!

For those who are turning off the interactive screen:
Options > General Settings > Enable Interactive Loading Screen (unchecking will disable it)

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #421 on: October 17, 2013, 05:46:07 PM »
Hi, I think I've just met requirements for heir 1 and he's ready to try for baby, but there are a few things I'd like to make sure:

About the 2 best friends. Do I need to note down every BF a household member has and should this be taken into consideraton after this person dies? I've currently had only one person died in my household and don't remember exact details, don't think she made BFs with anyone else than her relatives. Female founder accidentally became BF with Heir 1's boss who I wanted to use for requirement, but I've soon discovered that he has BF statue with someone else, so I guess he should be okay. However, am I allowed to use SN app or mean interactions to get rid of a few BFs of other household members and make one of them unique BF with my future heirs?

I've had his potential spouse moved in (asked by the heir) and kept making her young enough for pregnancy before requirements are done. I've also tried extending the lives of a few original townies using young again potion drinks. Are these ok as well? I am sorry to hear Snufflesxx's glitch and is considering to use elixirs instead for potions, so can I leave out alchemy (as well as charisma, it's useful) for future unique skill challenge requirements?

Do all 4 large tombstones, career rewards and 4x4 collections need to be contributed by founders and heirs? I am currently leaving one founder immortal and letting the other die, but he seems to live on and on even now when the heir is almost elder...The family seems to age properly though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #422 on: October 17, 2013, 06:01:39 PM »
Do all 4 large tombstones, career rewards and 4x4 collections need to be contributed by founders and heirs? I am currently leaving one founder immortal and letting the other die, but he seems to live on and on even now when the heir is almost elder...The family seems to age properly though.

I'm not positive on the BF thing, I kept mine completely separate. I'll leave that for more knowledgeable and/or challenge team.

The answer to the above, though, is yes. Spares and spouses and roommates cannot contribute. How you do the rewards and collection is up to you, but the 4 large tombstones can be done thusly: 2 founders and 2 heirs, or 1 founder and 3 heirs.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #423 on: October 17, 2013, 06:32:59 PM »
I'm not positive on the BF thing, I kept mine completely separate. I'll leave that for more knowledgeable and/or challenge team.
The answer to the above, though, is yes. Spares and spouses and roommates cannot contribute. How you do the rewards and collection is up to you, but the 4 large tombstones can be done thusly: 2 founders and 2 heirs, or 1 founder and 3 heirs.
Thank you for the reply. I'm glad that my plan of future careers and collection will still work as long as the BF thing is okay. I've just reread the challenge rules and I think it says 'These Best Friends must be totally unique to a given heir and cannot be Best Friends with anyone else in the household.' Didn't say all. All my household members are at BF rate with each other though, Heir has one BF who the family doesn't know and another only at friend statue with his founder mother. Hopefully that I am okay otherwise I'll just sadly play unofficial then...

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #424 on: October 17, 2013, 06:34:20 PM »
About the 2 best friends. Do I need to note down every BF a household member has and should this be taken into consideraton after this person dies?

Yes, you need to note down every BF a household member has.  Example: if heir #1 John is best friends with Adam, then Adam cannot be claim as best friend for any of your heir.  Even after John dies, Adam still can't be best friend with anybody in your household.  Unless you don't claim Adam for the requirement, then Adam is free to be best friend with anybody in the house.

I've currently had only one person died in my household and don't remember exact details, don't think she made BFs with anyone else than her relatives.

I find the safest way is have your active heir find 2 sims that has never met anybody in your household before, and make them best friends for the requirement.  Keep those 2 away from your family.  :)

Female founder accidentally became BF with Heir 1's boss who I wanted to use for requirement, but I've soon discovered that he has BF statue with someone else, so I guess he should be okay.

If heir #1 has 2 other unique best friend, then you are good.  The main thing here is must be unique, so heir 1 boss is best friend with heir 1 and female founder, thus making him not unique.  The boss will be illegible for the requirement.

However, am I allowed to use SN app or mean interactions to get rid of a few BFs of other household members and make one of them unique BF with my future heirs?

Unfortunately no, not allowed.  Once you are best friends with someone, you have to count them.   If you have SN app, its not hard for your active heir to find 2 other unique best friends.

I've had his potential spouse moved in (asked by the heir) and kept making her young enough for pregnancy before requirements are done. I've also tried extending the lives of a few original townies using young again potion drinks. Are these ok as well?

Yes.  Main thing is you don't lengthen the life of your current active heir before his/her requirement is done.

I am sorry to hear Snufflesxx's glitch and is considering to use elixirs instead for potions, so can I leave out alchemy (as well as charisma, it's useful) for future unique skill challenge requirements?

Yes, you can leave out any skills you choose.  So you can have alchemy and charisma as free for all skill, all your heirs can level it.  You just need to make sure you have enough unique skill challenge for all your heirs (16).  3 skill challenge each, that's 48 "unique" skill challenge.

Do all 4 large tombstones, career rewards and 4x4 collections need to be contributed by founders and heirs?

Yes, all needs to be contributed by founders and heirs.  Only exception is the income part for buying properties and buildings, household members can help out with making money.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #425 on: October 17, 2013, 08:24:43 PM »
Thanks Nutella! Just went off to note down all the BFs of my household and thankfully I can at last bring up another heir:)
I find the safest way is have your active heir find 2 sims that has never met anybody in your household before, and make them best friends for the requirement.  Keep those 2 away from your family.
I'll definitely do that. The problem is that I was trying to befriend all original townies as soon as possible before they die or moved out so I can keep them young and alive for the goodness of this town, I don't want to marry clones in the future. Almost all of them are friend statues with my household at the moment and if not careful a few parties can make them all best friends...
I guess my future heirs will have unique BFs with sim-finder clones instead.

Another note: I am playing in Midnight Hollow and somehow the savvy seller rugs feel effective as Midas Touch, perhaps even better, as it doesn't have a time limit.
I can put sometime really expensive on the rug, say the 10K sculpture, set to 75% discount, buy for 3K, put in the family inventory, then I can then sell it for the original price.
I didn't use it though as it could really take away the fun of money making, besides, my income from money trees is good enough anyway.
Also the rebel protest if successful could double LTHs for the whole family for 2 days, though not as convenient as wish enhancing serum.
I've asked here before and I think it was Nutella too who said yes, but I didn't know about the effect of rugs by the time, so I guess I should mention it again:)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #426 on: October 17, 2013, 08:49:02 PM »
Another note: I am playing in Midnight Hollow and somehow the savvy seller rugs feel effective as Midas Touch, perhaps even better, as it doesn't have a time limit.  I can put sometime really expensive on the rug, say the 10K sculpture, set to 75% discount, buy for 3K, put in the family inventory, then I can then sell it for the original price.

Yes, we do know the savvy seller rugs make a lot of money, and they are also a lot of other ways in the game to make big money.  We only chose to ban midas touch because that is the most convenient and fastest way to make money, the rest still requires a little bit of time to setup.   

Also the rebel protest if successful could double LTHs for the whole family for 2 days, though not as convenient as wish enhancing serum.
I've asked here before and I think it was Nutella too who said yes, but I didn't know about the effect of rugs by the time, so I guess I should mention it again:)

Again same situation as the midas touch, we ban wish enhancing serum because it is the most convenient and fastest way. 

Thanks for all the info though, maybe next year we will ban everything major and make dynasty player suffer.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #427 on: October 17, 2013, 09:32:32 PM »
Ugh, okay, so when I evict/bulldoze my family to replace them on the fire island lot, the lot type vanishes and it's no longer interactable.  Thoughts?  Can I try just placing them in a new version of Isla Paradiso?  I don't know what to do :(

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #428 on: October 17, 2013, 09:46:43 PM »
Ugh, okay, so when I evict/bulldoze my family to replace them on the fire island lot, the lot type vanishes and it's no longer interactable.  Thoughts?  Can I try just placing them in a new version of Isla Paradiso?  I don't know what to do :(

Can you bulldoze the lot?  Then put the lot back using the world editor, then move family back in.  If that still doesn't work, you have permission to place them in a new version of Isla Paradiso.  If you do that, make sure you use back the same lot.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #429 on: October 17, 2013, 10:58:41 PM »
Fire Islands is a problematic lot entirely, near as I can tell. I did some playing with that lot for a potential Life States Dynasty #2, and by the time Generation 2 hit young adult, I couldn't get an NPC of any sort to the lot by any method, foul or fair. No mail (which meant no bills, but no repo man either), no newspaper, no maid, no repairer.

Which is such a pity, it's a lovely spot.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #430 on: October 17, 2013, 11:55:02 PM »
Using the tool in create-a-world to re-establish the dimensions of the lot after bulldozing it took care of the problem, so I didn't have to start in a new version of IP (which is good, because encountering young versions of earlier members of the dynasty in town would be extra weird).

Thanks so much for your help!  And yeah, I guess Fire Island isn't ideal.  I've no problem with the paparazzi or the mascot, but throwing parties fails most of the time.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #431 on: October 19, 2013, 11:29:07 AM »
I seem to have a problem where my married couple's relationship just keeps slipping right down. I noticed it had gone down to little more than acquaintances (but still married) so I managed to get it up again (not a full bar but about 3/4 full) and within a couple of days it dropped right down again! The wife is Emperor of Evil so does that effect it? I don't get it  :-\
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #432 on: October 19, 2013, 11:59:18 AM »
It's that red glow, people nearby lose 5 relationship points every time she does it unless they are evil or criminals then they gain 5 points, does she need to stay in her job now? might be time for a change maybe.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #433 on: October 19, 2013, 12:53:22 PM »
It's that red glow, people nearby lose 5 relationship points every time she does it unless they are evil or criminals then they gain 5 points, does she need to stay in her job now? might be time for a change maybe.

Oh that makes sense. I can't see her in any other career but she keeps missing shifts anyway so maybe it's time for a change. I don't want her and her husband to grow apart. Thanks, Turoskel!  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #434 on: October 19, 2013, 01:00:59 PM »
Just a quick question about the townie option, say you chose Agnes as your founder, would you just keep her house (furnished) and still set the money to 4000?

anything