Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 323134 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #495 on: November 03, 2013, 01:40:44 PM »
Currently it is completely banned.   Does anyone see any need to lift this ban from household members?

For what its worth, all the d.o.l.a.d. babies are generic townie featured.  All sliders at zero.  at meast in my game.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #496 on: November 03, 2013, 01:57:43 PM »
I've seen people on the official forums report generic-faced children with the door too. I can't test it myself because I don't have the venue.

I'd say lift the ban, because other ways of getting children without natural pregnancies are allowed, as long as they don't threaten an heir's firstborn status, right?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #497 on: November 03, 2013, 02:11:48 PM »
What about the ops you get from time traveler in ITF ep?

Ok, got an answer.  They do count, just remember if you count those opps, they have to be unique, no other founder/heir can complete them.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #498 on: November 03, 2013, 04:07:54 PM »
I also vote to lift the ban, as long as it's non-heirs.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #499 on: November 05, 2013, 11:32:17 AM »
Ok, got an answer.  They do count, just remember if you count those opps, they have to be unique, no other founder/heir can complete them.
Thank you. Actually, I really need these opps right now because I have a problem with my file - I think the family has somehow stopped getting skill opportunies -
I used to get them a few days in a row but it has been several weeks and I still haven't got a single one for any household members although they are constantly improving their skills.
Career I haven't tried but I do get school opps still. However, there is problem with me getting trophies for ambition careers, even if I have completed the usual requirements.
Is there a work around to this?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #500 on: November 05, 2013, 01:39:55 PM »
What world are you playing in?  I find that trophies for ambition careers are buggy in world with combined rabbit holes, I would say Sunset Valley, Twinbrook, and Riverview are best for ambition career trophies.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #501 on: November 05, 2013, 03:16:46 PM »
Elena, do you have Into the Future? I found out that my sims received no skill opportunities until I uninstalled the new expansion pack.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #502 on: November 05, 2013, 05:35:21 PM »
What world are you playing in?  I find that trophies for ambition careers are buggy in world with combined rabbit holes, I would say Sunset Valley, Twinbrook, and Riverview are best for ambition career trophies.
I am playing in Midnight Hollow and yes the rabbit holes are combined, but I was able to get one painter ribbon and one police cruiser. My stylist is unable to do any spawn jobs but I will get on with it, my doctor doesn't seem to receive trophy for the clinic jobs he has done. I will see if my architect designer spare can get any trophy and if not I will test her with a self-employed career...

Elena, do you have Into the Future? I found out that my sims received no skill opportunities until I uninstalled the new expansion pack.
Yes I have. Thanks for reminding me and this seems to be the cause of that problem. I ran a test file in a new town and checked - With ITF enabled, the sim will receive an opportunity call and automatically refuse it, but with ITF disabled I get the pop up. Thinking back, my sims did the refusals quite a lot of times and I didn't realize at all...can I please have the permission to uninstall this EP, and can I continue or should I go back to the save before I installed ITF? Sorry about the troubles.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #503 on: November 05, 2013, 06:00:33 PM »
Go ahead and uninstall this EP, you can continue.  Good luck.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #504 on: November 05, 2013, 06:06:54 PM »
Thanks! *sigh* I guess there won't be future living for dynasties then.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
Confused about founders
« Reply #505 on: November 06, 2013, 08:55:44 PM »
I really do apologize. I have read and reread through these posts and remain confused about one thing. The founders are to be treated like heirs. Now obviously they don't have to max their career and everything before the heir is born. Do they still need to max their career, 3 skill challenges, and opps?  Do these need to be noted to keep separate from all 16 other generations? Sorry just remained confused despite all my reading.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Confused about founders
« Reply #506 on: November 06, 2013, 09:06:13 PM »
I really do apologize. I have read and reread through these posts and remain confused about one thing. The founders are to be treated like heirs. Now obviously they don't have to max their career and everything before the heir is born. Do they still need to max their career, 3 skill challenges, and opps?  Do these need to be noted to keep separate from all 16 other generations? Sorry just remained confused despite all my reading.

Founders for world #1 don't need to max career, skill challenges, or opps.  They just need to try for baby no later than week 1 day 4.

If you choose to have your founders max a career, do some skill challenges, do some opps -- then all those will be invalidated for future heirs.  So let's say your founder max culinary career, that means none of your future heir can count culinary career as their "unique" max career.   Yes you will need to note down what career, skill challenges, and opps that your founder completed -- so none of your heir can do those.

Founders for world #2 will be your heir #4 plus his/her spouse.   Heir #4 will already have a max career, skill challenges, and opps done.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #507 on: November 07, 2013, 01:40:31 AM »
Was there an official ruling made on genetically engineered non-heirs, since there was a question on lifting it for non-heirs, or does it remain in place? (Getting close to moving to world 2, and would like to plan ahead.)

:)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #508 on: November 07, 2013, 02:00:23 AM »
Yes, we did make an official ruling on it.

Genetic Engineering is fine for non heirs.  The ban is only for founders / heirs.

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #509 on: November 07, 2013, 05:34:26 AM »
When reading through the earlier parts of this thread, I saw someone mention deleting empty lots before starting in a town. I've tried to look this up and haven't found anything about it. Is there an advantage in doing this?

anything