Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326532 times)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #570 on: November 19, 2013, 08:00:03 AM »
No problem this time, since you didn't intentionally kill off your sims.  No more vending machines for you though. :)
Dear god yes, I'm not shaking them ever again in an dynasty, buying stuff normally should be fine though.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #571 on: November 19, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »
Oh gosh! I actually forgot that sims could die from the vending machines! Better avoid them when I send gen 3 to university later today (hopefully by then she'll have earned enough credits so she can complete her degree in two weeks).
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #572 on: November 19, 2013, 10:06:29 AM »
Oh gosh! I actually forgot that sims could die from the vending machines! Better avoid them when I send gen 3 to university later today (hopefully by then she'll have earned enough credits so she can complete her degree in two weeks).
Glad my dead sims misfortune helps someone  :'(

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #573 on: November 19, 2013, 10:48:18 AM »
Yes, don't shake the vending machine.  Also don't eat jelly bean bush and don't fly around in your jetpack. 

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #574 on: November 20, 2013, 03:05:17 PM »
Just need some clarification of the rules before I made new plan to continue this weekend:)
If someone is pregnant with an unborn child and I see this child as the potential spouse, does that child has to be progressed into YA stage for the heir to invite that person in by himself?
Also, is spare household members give birth to someone, is it okay to marry in household or does the heir always have to marry someone outside and move him/her in?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #575 on: November 20, 2013, 03:39:02 PM »
So we're all in agreement that the heir has to be the one to invite a spouse into the house. In other words if a potential spouse is outside the house, then the heir hs to bring them in. That is clear. BUT — there is nothing in the rules that specifically states that is the ONLY way to get a spouse into the house. Hehe...kind of a loophole I guess.

This tells me that you're ok with marrying offspring of spares.

However, not sure what the status of an unborn is - are they considered outside of the house, and thus, heir only can invite, or are they not, so the parents can be brought in as spares, since they aren't interactive until after the birth?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #576 on: November 20, 2013, 03:45:35 PM »
If someone is pregnant with an unborn child and I see this child as the potential spouse, does that child has to be progressed into YA stage for the heir to invite that person in by himself?

Yes. 

Also, is spare household members give birth to someone, is it okay to marry in household or does the heir always have to marry someone outside and move him/her in?

Shirin is correct, Metro did say this is kind of a loophole, found on page 5 of this thread.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #578 on: November 20, 2013, 04:10:10 PM »
Okay...I think I did nothing that breaks the rule, but I am still confused after reading page 5. So what is the decision of challenge team about that loophole then?

We are leaving the loophole open.  ;D  Metro never indicated that he wants to close the loophole.

If people (helpers) in the household are married and give birth, that child can be used for heir's spouse, am I right or wrong on this?

Correct, that's how I read it too.  Helper's child must be in the correct lifestate too.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #579 on: November 21, 2013, 07:07:28 AM »
I have a question about spouses as well. Does the spouse-to-be need to be childless on the outside? I would like my heir to marry Lennon Sosa, but he has a child with another townie, his ex. Is that OK?

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #580 on: November 21, 2013, 09:35:18 AM »
@lvrugger

I think that's alright, but you might want to wait for someone else to confirm.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #581 on: November 21, 2013, 10:12:41 AM »
@lvrugger

I'm checking with the team, Ill let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #582 on: November 21, 2013, 03:41:57 PM »
I have a question about spouses as well. Does the spouse-to-be need to be childless on the outside? I would like my heir to marry Lennon Sosa, but he has a child with another townie, his ex. Is that OK?

Yes, the spouse needs to be childless on the outside.  Sorry but Lennon Sosa will not qualified, you will have to find someone else.

New Addition to Rules:

All heirs must be the firstborn child of both parents.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #583 on: November 23, 2013, 04:21:11 PM »
I apologize. I will avoid talking about The Sims 4 in this forum except in the aforementioned thread.  :D

I think there is certainly enough time to train toddlers and honor rolls can be reached without tutoring as long as pregnancy is well planned, but after all, I though honor roll is not required both for challenge and for grow up well? And if heir is a male, he can just produce a child in elder years, already halfway in grave for the tombstone. Female heirs in rabbit hole jobs can still work from home and invite boss over to ask for promotions and get to the top before elder stage, just pray the 4 opps go well! As for money, even without genie/inheritance or any premium contents, have a miner for precious gems, a gardener planned in founder years for money trees, a guitarist if in Sunset Valley or open resorts with Isle Paradise are all great ways to be able to buy out the town in the end, I think I'll give it a try if I success in moving to the next world:)

Oh yeah, I forgot that there were ways to make a zillion Simoles in the base game - playing for tips(where do people get all of that money?) and money bags harvested from Money Trees(though that's pretty slow - however I plan on having the first heir of my test run be a gardener so maybe it might work since you have to make a zillion Simoles just to top the Gardening self-employed career). I'm just used to the cheap and easy ways of getting rich that I forgot the old days when there were no expansions. ^_^

I am still glad there are no requirements for honor roll here - I love the LSD(acronym for Life States Dynasty, not the drug!  ::) ) but saw all of the failed attempts people had because Seasons threw holidays and snow days into people's faces and prevented kids from going to school and their grades plummeted like a rock and you have to make them go to school two days in a row after they get an A to get on honor roll. That's also why I disliked the Townie DecaDynasty(the 10 NPC friends was my worst bane of that challenge, though I wished I could have tried it now that UL gave us a quick way of making best friends instantly).
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #584 on: November 29, 2013, 09:49:34 AM »
This is an edit town question regarding Into the Future:

Can I place buildings (astronomy center and bot arena) into my town?

anything