Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326691 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #915 on: May 28, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
@Shirin

I can answer your question partially.  I do not know if plumbots have different life stage, hopefully someone that plays ITF can help you with this.

As for simbots & plumbots, here is the story:
When Metro first created this dynasty, he copies a lot of the rules from past dynasty (immortal, townie, lifestate), hence the simbots must be release to the wild rule got copied over.  Later ITF xpac released and I managed to convinced the team to allow plumbots, let players have some fun with them - since none of the other dynasty allowed plumbots.  Why not have one dynasty when players can play with the new stuff?  (that was my reasoning).

Ah, I appreciate that very much, Nutella. That being the case, though, may I petition you (and the Challenge Team) to change the stance on Simbots? They can't be heirs, and they are the only occult lifestate that cannot be a part of the household, period.

Also, the rules on the first page state that alien babies via abduction are to be returned to the homeworld, period. Could I also petition you (and the Challenge Team) to update that to be for the heirs only?

Thank you very much in advance :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #916 on: May 28, 2014, 06:12:23 PM »
Rules Revision:

SimBots may be obtained from a LTR or an Inventor can make them. SimBots cannot be heirs, but they can stay as spares or household members.
Children that result from alien abduction may become household members or spares, but not heirs. Alien heirs must be born from natural pregnancy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #917 on: May 28, 2014, 06:19:44 PM »
Yes, yes, YES! I am totally going to start a 4x4. Maybe after I finish with the Mosimanns...

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #918 on: May 28, 2014, 06:22:37 PM »
Rules Revision:

SimBots may be obtained from a LTR or an Inventor can make them. SimBots cannot be heirs, but they can stay as spares or household members.
Children that result from alien abduction may become household members or spares, but not heirs. Alien heirs must be born from natural pregnancy.

Is this just for this Dynasty?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #919 on: May 28, 2014, 06:43:43 PM »
*Cheers for Challenge Team* Awesome, thank you guys!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #920 on: May 28, 2014, 06:49:45 PM »
Is this just for this Dynasty?

Yes. 

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #921 on: May 28, 2014, 10:03:49 PM »
Is it okay if an heir marries someone that has had a child already?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #922 on: May 28, 2014, 10:09:33 PM »
Is it okay if an heir marries someone that has had a child already?

Answer is no.  The rule states that "All heirs must be the firstborn child of both parents".

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #923 on: May 29, 2014, 04:49:09 AM »
It's been a while, but I was thinking of doing this particular dynasty challenge (and hopefully succeeding and not losing interest like all my other attempts)

So I started one today, but I totally forgot about the bring down to 4000 simoleons rule until about four days in. The thing is, my founders are both townies, and the house I started in had 3000 simoleons. Could it still count for HoF or should I just restart again?

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #924 on: May 29, 2014, 05:08:04 AM »
If the Challenge team says OK, I'd retrace your steps with the founders. If you created one of them or both in Create a Sim, move them in if you still have them in the library. Look at how much you would have to take off or add to get 4000 and go to your game file and take off/add that amount. If they're townies, instead of moving them in again from library in another file, go to their household. Then look at how much you would have to take off or add to get 4000 and go to your game file and take off/add that amount. Hope that makes sense, and remember to check with the Challenge Team first. I'm not sure whether it's allowed.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #925 on: May 29, 2014, 10:03:07 AM »
So I started one today, but I totally forgot about the bring down to 4000 simoleons rule until about four days in. The thing is, my founders are both townies, and the house I started in had 3000 simoleons. Could it still count for HoF or should I just restart again?

Sorry, team decided that you should just restart for HoF eligibility.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #926 on: May 29, 2014, 12:37:32 PM »
All right. ...so when I restart, should I set funds up to 4000 then?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #927 on: May 29, 2014, 01:00:09 PM »
@lepapillonrouge

Yes.  So in the beginning remember to set funds to 4000, and also everytime you move town, you need to remember to set funds to 4000.

Once a house (must be unfurnished)/empty lot/houseboat is chosen for your Dynasty, you are not allowed to move in a given neighborhood. After you have chosen your lot, use the family funds cheat to bring your household funds to 4,000 simoleans. This needs to be done in each neighborhood.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #928 on: May 29, 2014, 01:54:11 PM »
Rules Clarification:

Rule:  Once all requirements are completed, then you are free to use whatever methods you wish to extend an heir's life.

You are allowed to change lifestate to extend life (after all requirements are completed), but you must also wait for next generation heir to be born before changing lifestate. 

Please don't forget you need 4 large tombstones for moving requirement and you are not allowed to purposely kill a sim.  Extending life to very long lifespan might not be a good idea.

I thought they could but only once they're finished with their requirements. :P I already turned one of my founders into a werewolf once the heir was born.

You are good, since your heir was born before you change your founder lifestate.

My understanding was that life could be extended but not by changing to banned life states. Moderators?

You can change to banned life state to extend life only after the birth of a new heir.

So if we want to extend an heirs life after their child is born, we can change their life state?

Yes.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #929 on: June 07, 2014, 07:35:22 AM »
No question, just wanted to share my (annoyed) amusement at the game. I have to go back and set up the start of my Dynasty, which is a bit of a hassle, which is why I don't have a story thread up (yet).

Generation 7 just gave birth, after cutting it close to the line. I had, just five minutes ago, decided to change Generation 8's name. Gen 7 goes into labor, and I get twins! Just one of those random things, since there was no kids' music or tv.

I guess I'm using the original name after all ;D

Edit: And, as always, the spare is prettier than the heir. The heir has the same hair as her maternal grandmother, and mother. The spare has the maternal grandfather's hair. And both of them have eyes that harken back to the first world!