Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 323243 times)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #525 on: November 07, 2013, 08:42:18 PM »
Heir needs to invite the potential spouse.
Ah good to know, I still have plenty options but good to know for later generations.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #526 on: November 08, 2013, 12:23:38 AM »
Nutella- I just pmed you a picture of heir 16 with the world 4 family collection. Let me know if it worked.

Yes its good, thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #527 on: November 08, 2013, 12:25:32 AM »
I've just started my own 4x4 dynasty and I'm almost at the point where I need to shop around for a wife for my first heir.
I wonder does the heir need to be the one to bring the spouse in or can I have anyone I wish do it?

Heirs are the only ones allowed to invite potential spouses into the household.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #528 on: November 08, 2013, 12:32:33 AM »
Now my own question: I know the rules say that you can't take things from the old world into the new one. Does this mean, however, that if you have vacation/future home, do you have to jettison that and the contents too? Or can stuff at vacation/future homes stay there?

Full disclosure :) - I do have a future home, and I was thinking of doing a trip there before the final move, and just leaving some stuff from present time in the future home. That way, if I decide to take another trip to the future in another neighborhood, there will be some skilling objects/books already there to use. Is that permissible, or no?

The whole point of moving is having the heir starting fresh in a new world, funds set back to 4000 after house purchase.  If the moving heir already has a future home with stuff, it just doesn't feel like a fresh start.

My vote is no, not permissible.  Let's see what Metro has to say about this.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #529 on: November 08, 2013, 06:50:28 AM »
Being curious, as I haven't done a dynasty move town yet, just what will happen to the travel/future worlds in a new neighborhood?
Will they continue in the original timeline and keep the properties bought or become erased of all changes? I know that the future can be reset manually though.
Also I start to wonder if Marian and I are the only two experiencing the no skill opps glitch from the ITF expansion as many seem to go smoothly with it, or is everyone relying on rabbit holes/special opps since then?
I really miss the ITF new features and still feel a little sad not being able to use them in all dynasties as they all require opps :(

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #530 on: November 08, 2013, 08:36:06 AM »
New addition to rules:

Any future/vacation homes need to be sold along with their contents before moving to a new world.

Also I start to wonder if Marian and I are the only two experiencing the no skill opps glitch from the ITF expansion as many seem to go smoothly with it, or is everyone relying on rabbit holes/special opps since then?
I really miss the ITF new features and still feel a little sad not being able to use them in all dynasties as they all require opps :(

A lot of people are having the same problem, hopefully EA will fix the no skill opps glitch in a future patch.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #531 on: November 08, 2013, 09:24:42 AM »
Okay, here's the stats I promised on my completed Washington 4x4. All heirs were given names of towns in my state, Washington, alphabetically (only one J in the whole state).

World 1  Sunset Valley - founders Tacoma (a 4x4 truck) and Sequim Washington
Collection Gems, Butterflies, Beetles, Invention  total 27,100
All buildings and properties owned and upgraded
Career Rewards  Medical Trophy of Honor, Gardener's Hero Trophy, Inventor's Hero Medal, Inventor's Key to Sunset Valley
Tombstones  Sequim, Tacoma, Aberdeen, and Blaine Washington
No Travel

Heir 1  Aberdeen Washington  Career: Medical, BFs: Sunny Bakshi and Angelina Adam  Skill Challenges: Grand Master, Skill Professor, Master Chemist  Ops: Riddle Away, A Little Give and Take, Taking Down Sinclair, Blood is Not Blue

Heir 2 Blaine Washington  Career: Gardener BFs: Jamal Bryant and Alice Chu  Skill Challenges: Botanical Boss, Master Farmer, Master Planter  Ops: Peppers on Parade, Uncommonly Good, Outstandingly Rare, Garlic Goodness

Heir 3  Chehalis Washington  Career: Inventor  BFs: Cameron Layne and Danny Kauker  Skill Challenges: Scrap Collector, Ultimate Invention, Master Inventor  Ops: Hygienation Hijinks, Teching Up the Spa, Master Invention, Intelligence Through Environment

Heir 4  Duvall Washington  Career: Firefighter  BFs: Chet Bowans and Todd Crouse  Skill Challenges: Diabolical Detonator, Widget Wonder, Master Bassist  Ops: Jog Everywhere, Corporate Parties, No Jams No Fun, The Stand-In

World 2  Twinbrook   Founders - Duvall and Lily Washington
Collection: Wedding Gifts, Sculptures, Plants, Spirits  Total: 82,535
All Buildings and Properties Purchased and Upgraded
Career Rewards: Firefighter Of the Year Trophy, Sculptor's Epic Hero Medal, Police Cruiser, Spooky Trophy
Tombstones: Duvall, Lily, Everett, and Fife Washington
No Travel

Heir 5  Everett Washington  Career: Sculptor  BFs: Ginger Finney and Suzette Main  Skill Challenges: Ice Personality, Master Sculptor, Prolific Sculptor  Ops: Help the School, An Old Ruse, Delivering the Green, Valuable Sculpture

Heir 6  Fife Washington  Career: Law Enforcement (spy)  BFs: Stuart Burch and Miguel Runyon  Skill Challenges: Marathon Runner, Body Builder, Fitness Nut  Ops: The Wrong Pair of Shoes, Whistle While You Police, A Stimulating Experiment, Fixing the Celestial Slump

Heir 7  Granger Washington  Career: Scientist  BFs: Dameon Tolstov and Vito Wise  Skill Challenges: Consignment Profit, Consignment Store Reputation, Consignment Store Sales  Ops: Scavenger Hunt - Rare Elements, Excellent Veggies, Catch of the Day, Best Evaporating Dish is a Clean One

Heir 8  Hoquiam Washington  Career: Ghost Hunter  BFs: Lara Agee and Franco Daniel  Skill Challenges: Master of Mood, Poseidon, Cool Creator  Ops: Easy Theater Job, Spirit Donation, Big Business Mixer, Scare the Crooks

World 3  Riverview  Founders - Hoquiam and Rose Washington
Collection: Metals, Fish, Space Rocks, LTRs  Total  50,833
Career Rewards: Spirit Positioning Device, Minus One Fridge, Ingredient Eviscerator 235x, Fabulous Angler Medal
Tombstones: Hoquiam, Rose, Issaquah, and Joyce Washington
No Travel

Heir 9  Issaquah Washington  Career: Culinary  BFs: Chase Talley and Bambi Wilkerson  Skill Challenges: Menu Maven, Star Chef, World-Class Chef  Ops: Learn a Recipe, Borrowing Ingredients, Catering Time, Burgers for Sims in Uniform

Heir 10  Joyce Washington  Career: Fishing  BFs: Ronny Ward and Sophie Negrette  Skill Challenges: Metal Collector, Amateur Ichthyologist, Commercial Fisherman  Ops: Monster from the Deep, Settle an Argument, Funny Looking Fish, Say Hello to My Little Fish

Heir 11 Kelso Washington  Career: Military  BFs: Francis Deaton and Doreen McKnight  Skill Challenges: Plumber, Electrician, Tinkerer  Ops: Military Contracts, Fix the Election Machines, Bring Back the Jams, Zen and Airplane Maintenance

Heir 12  Langly Washington  Career: Investigator  BFs: Tamika Ashton and Melissa Deaton  Skill Challenges: Teacher Extrordinaire, Celestial Explorer, Master Drummer Ops: Case of the Hacker Elite, Urban Noise, Case of the Hacked Off Client, Case of a Little Dirt

World 4  Bridgeport  Founders - Langly and Marla Washington
Collection: Paintings, Potions, Celebrity Gifts, Books  Total 40,749
Career Rewards: PI Honor Trophy, Artist's Painted Ribbon, Sims Choice Award, Green Orb Award
Tombstones: Langly, Marla, Machias, and Nisqually Washington
No Travel

Heir 13  Machias Washington  Career: Painter  BFs: Basil Jackson and Sebastian Striker  Skill Challenges: Proficient Painter, Brushmaster, Master Painter  Ops: Make a Dream, Business Model, A Large Painting, The Study of Art

Heir 14  Nisqually Washington  Career: Actor  BFs: Jammie Villarreal and Rayne Cabrera  Skill Challenges: Celebrity, Super Friendly, Personable  Ops: Tough Negotiating, Set Clean Up, Starting Out, Emergency Interviewer

Heir 15 Omak Washington  Career: Music (rockstar) BFs: Wilfred Knight and Roderick Becerra  Skill Challenges: Money Maker (Guitar), Master Guitarist, Money Maker (Piano)  Ops: Extreme Digits, Underground Protest, Finger Tips, Stick Around for the Music

Heir 16 Poulsbo Washington  Career: Business  BFs: Jan Hamby and Antony Thornton  Skill Challenges: Humor Novelist, Speed Writer, Prolific Writer  Ops: Scavenger Hunt - Butterfly Bonanza, Add a Little Drama, Book Donation, The Write Opinion.

Sorry about the long post  (My poor arthritic fingers)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #532 on: November 08, 2013, 09:32:34 AM »
Congrats on being the first one done! And thanks for sharing your stats. I love the naming theme too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #533 on: November 08, 2013, 09:51:26 AM »
Congrats on finishing KRae!  :) Your stats are very helpful so thank you for those.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #534 on: November 08, 2013, 12:02:31 PM »
Fair enough, Nutella, and thanks for the update! I was already ambivalent, but now I can definitely start shedding things in preparation of moving worlds.

Also, wow KRae! Nice job all around, and again a huge congratulations!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #536 on: November 08, 2013, 12:40:31 PM »
Thanks for sharing your stats! You did a great job (and I like the naming theme, too).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #537 on: November 08, 2013, 01:18:46 PM »
KRae, great job finishing up the 4x4 Dynasty.  :D I got your entry in the Dynasty Hall of Fame (thank you Nutella for helping with that too).

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #539 on: November 08, 2013, 01:45:24 PM »
I've run into a bug with my male founder and the twin of my heir, both went on a vacation together to acquire a vacation home for this town and also to pick up some relics and maybe some parts of  the needed collections.
When they returned home from vacation their needs were maxed out, which isn't strange since they have a motive mobile but their needs never goes down at all since they returned!
They do age normally thankfully, so I wonder can I keep them that way? That bug might never go away for as far as I know.

If not I do have a save before their vacation and I can always redo it since it is only the number of trips that are restricted...

anything