Author Topic: End of the Line Dynasty (4x4)  (Read 179221 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: End of the Line Dynasty: A Grim Proposition (5 September)
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 01:24:49 PM »
Awesome just awesome.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 04:44:32 PM »
Aha! I had my suspicions that the green one was a Goole. I was right! This is brilliant, I mean really, what a genius idea. You write the best back-stories, Hazelnut.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 05:49:31 AM »
Your writing style is so great. You made me like these two even more through this update.  :)

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 06:51:54 AM »
Wow, your set up is awesome! I can't wait to see what happens!
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2013, 01:28:28 AM »
Epic! I absolutely loved the intro.

(For the record, I knew who the founders were right away! Hehe. So exciting!)
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline GoswaldtheGargoyle

• Nooboo
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2013, 09:24:42 AM »
It's definitely a brilliant prologue - I remember reading about the Gooles ages back so maybe I will go back and read it again (and possibly the DecaDynasty that Sophie's from too).

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: End of the Line Dynasty
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2013, 04:40:50 AM »
Sorry for the slow reply, folks.  We've been internetless for the past ten days.

saltpastillen, I was just glancing through to remind myself how much of the story I'd posted and realised I hadn't replied to your earlier comment:

lol, you crack me up!

----------------------

Can't wait to read more hazelnut  :)

Thanks.  It was read and appreciated at the time.  I just somehow skipped past it when I was replying.  (Probably too busy being cracked up by ratchie :).)

Awesome just awesome.

Rachel

Thank you  ;D.

Aha! I had my suspicions that the green one was a Goole. I was right! This is brilliant, I mean really, what a genius idea. You write the best back-stories, Hazelnut.

Rosa, you're making me blush again :-[ :D.

Your writing style is so great. You made me like these two even more through this update.  :)

Thank you :).

Wow, your set up is awesome! I can't wait to see what happens!

Thanks.  Given that it's a dynasty, you can probably guess a lot of what's going to happen next...  ;)

Epic! I absolutely loved the intro.

(For the record, I knew who the founders were right away! Hehe. So exciting!)

Thank you.  And congratulations on identifying both so quickly :).

It's definitely a brilliant prologue - I remember reading about the Gooles ages back so maybe I will go back and read it again (and possibly the DecaDynasty that Sophie's from too).

Thank you.  The DecaDynasty's not really a story, more of a record of how I played the challenge.  Because of computer problems, I kept everything very simple, so there wasn't much to write a story about - although most of the Sims do seem to have made a definite impression on me as characters (which is why I wanted to give Sophia a chance to live a full life at last).

And welcome to the forum.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2013, 11:55:16 AM »
Starting A New Line

“So, here we are.  Just us, a bin and a postbox.”
“And a great view, sunshine, the smell of pine trees…  No, not much, is it?  What do you think we should do first?”
“Well, um, there was that business about having to have a baby in the next few days.  Do you think we should maybe… get to know one another better?”

“Well, yes, I do… and I’d love to spend the day chatting – but I think other things are more urgent.  We don’t have much money.”

“And Deirdra said we had to own the whole town within four generations.  That’s going to take a lot of cash.”

“We’ll need help, too.  If we can’t become too expert in any skill we want our descendants to master, we won’t get far on our own.

“I think we should go out and talk to people; make a few friends.  I have a couple of ideas…”

Sophia was nervous.  Her first day in a new town and now she was on her own.  True, she’d had plenty of friends back home in Sunset Valley and had thought nothing of meeting new people, but now that she’d lost all of her skills, her confidence seemed to have gone with them.  Still, Sam had told her how to approach this.  She took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

It was strange meeting another doctor but being unable to drop into professional jargon, unable even to admit that she’d been a surgeon herself until yesterday.  She must be coming over as some kind of mad enthusiast – a hypochondriac, maybe.

This woman must think she was crazy.  Although, from what Sam had said, Emmaline Rhoen wasn’t too stable herself.  Thank goodness the SMJ had had that article last month about Hidden Springs and its unconventional treatments.  She could at least make some sensible comparisons between established therapies and those used by Dr – no, Sam said she preferred ‘Healer’ – Rhoen.

Sam’s task was easier – or, at least, it was easier once he’d managed to track down his chosen targets.  He’d often heard Mr Riverhawk discussing gardening and the joys of the great outdoors with Grandpa Joe.  All he had to do was remember that he and Mr – no, Nick – Riverhawk were much the same age now.  Once he’d got over that hurdle, everything was straightforward.

As the afternoon softened into evening, Sam and Sophia arrived back home with their new friends…

…and, shortly afterwards, they were a household of six.

Their new place might be a little – well, completely – lacking in amenities and an inconveniently long way from the centre of town but it was right next door to somewhere much more luxurious.  Somewhere with soft beds, comfortable chairs, a good TV and games.  All six of them trooped over to spend the first of many nights at Redwood Lodge.

The next morning, Sam found Sophia out on the balcony.

“Good morning, Sam.  I can see why you love this place.  The view’s beautiful.”
“Yes, it is.  Very beautiful.”

“You’re not even looking at it…  Oh.  Thank you.”
“You look lovely, Sophia.  That top really suits you.”
“What, this old thing?  No, sorry, I really have had it ages but Deirdra did something to make it look like new again.  She didn’t like my jumper, for some reason.  And she hated the trousers I used to wear with this blouse.  Said they were too baggy.  She bullied me into these skinny jeans.  She said… um…”
“That you’ve got nice legs and ought to show them off?  She was right.”
“Well, actually, she was talking about my bum.  Is she always that… direct?”

“Oh, yes.  For someone who wears the world’s silliest work uniform, she has pretty strong opinions about fashion.  She told me I looked like a history teacher and needed sexing up a bit.”
“You look… very… nice, Sam.  Did you get the tattoo in CAS, too?”
“No, I’ve had it… them… for a while.  Signs of a misspent youth.  Aunt Deirdra just insisted I should stop covering them up.

“Sophia?”
“Yes?”
“You know what you were saying yesterday… about getting to know each other better?  Do you think now would be a good time?”

“This probably sounds silly, given our situation, but.. er… would you like to go out with me?  Be my girlfriend?”

“I’d love to be your girlfriend… although I don’t think we need to go anywhere.  Here’s perfect.”

“Sam… you know the other thing I said yesterday?  Do you think now would be a good time for that, too?”
“Already?  Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure. “

Next chapter

The versions of Sam and Sophia that I’ve ended up with in this game are slightly different from the originals.

Sam’s original skintone was on the green slider.  He’s now been moved on to the rainbow slider.  His appearance is unchanged otherwise, although his traits have changed slightly.  He’s kept his love of the outdoors and is still a genius but his good trait has been replaced with ambitious (no surprise whatsoever, in this dynasty :) ).  His remaining traits are virtuoso, which came close to being a family trait for the Gooles,  and friendly.

Sophia’s hair has been reddened slightly.  They both started out with greenish-brown hair, although Sam’s is a darker shade.  I left his as it was because it suits his skin.  Oddly, they also have similar eye colours.  Sophia started out by keeping her original skin colour but I eventually shifted her on to the pastel rainbow slider (yes, I really want rainboos!)  She’s also had her good trait replaced with ambitious.  She’s still a genius and bookworm but has swapped her heavy sleeper and lucky traits for born saleswoman and charismatic.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: End of the Line Dynasty: Starting a New Line (15 September)
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2013, 01:33:03 PM »

Oh yay, I love rainboos!  ;D Their little romance is so adorably awkward. You gotta love Dierdra's scheming them into some better outfits to help move things along. Emmaline looks like she has some great genes to pass on to future kids too.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2013, 07:27:58 PM »
Oh yay, I love rainboos!  ;D

No! You? :o

Anyway, I am loving this story so far. I think they're both adorable in personality and looks and yes, I'm trying to make you blush again ;) Who are the other two in the household of six? Did Nick bring his whole household then?

By samoht04

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2013, 05:19:43 AM »
Oh yay, I love rainboos!  ;D

No! You? :o

*Joins in with the amazement*  ;D

Their little romance is so adorably awkward. You gotta love Dierdra's scheming them into some better outfits to help move things along. Emmaline looks like she has some great genes to pass on to future kids too.

That shot of Sophia talking about a baby's bottle and looking embarrassed was entirely spontaneous (and only a few minutes into the game), so I just had to go along with the awkwardness.

I've acquired a lot of expansions and store content since Sophia got her first wardrobe, so a makeover was long overdue.  Her other outfits were really boring.

Emmaline is a very unusual-looking Sim.  I don't know how EA managed it but even her neutral expression is a mad stare :).  She's mostly there as a helper - the instant LTW and maxed cooking skill are very useful, as is her pay from being well through the medical career.  I've been extending her life with makeovers, so she may get a chance to pass on her genes.

Anyway, I am loving this story so far. I think they're both adorable in personality and looks and yes, I'm trying to make you blush again ;) Who are the other two in the household of six? Did Nick bring his whole household then?

Thank you :D.  Yes, the other two are Nicholas' housemates: Cassidy Earthsong, who has another set of very interesting genes, and Jessica Willow.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2013, 11:11:09 AM »
A Baby and a Wedding

Sam and Sophia spent most of the day at the library.  The others joined them when they weren’t at work.

Nick started a garden.

Jess fished.

Sam bought a guitar and began learning to play it.

They all spent some time searching through skips, hoping to find something valuable and/or useful.  No such luck.  They just ended up nauseated and smelly.

Sophia wanted to read every skill book in the library.  So it was no surprise that she was there when she realised that it wasn’t just the dumpster diving that had been making her sick.

With the money that the Free Spirits had brought into the household, they’d bought their first property, Meadow Beach, and had turned it into a children’s playground.

“Might as well do something useful with it,” said Jess.  “What’s the point of a fishing spot with no water?”

Their own home was still a bare plot of land but now they decided it might be time to start building.  Redwood Heights was great for sleeping, bathing and entertainment but Emmaline wanted somewhere to cook.  They were all getting fed up of eating quick meals outdoors.

Besides, the Lodge had no facilities for babies.  A small house would solve all of their problems.

Really, it was more of a hut than a house but it was a start.

A couple of days later, Sophia’s studies were interrupted again.  She phoned Sam and headed for the hospital.  Their son was born a few hours later.

Emmaline, who’d been on call since before dawn, was hoping to get a lift home with them but the besotted new parents didn’t even notice she was there.

After snuggles and a feed, the baby was popped into his cot to sleep while Nick kept an eye on him.  Sam and Sophia had business elsewhere.

“Sophia Silverman, will you do me the very great honour of becoming my wife?”

“Oh Sam, you idiot.  Get up off the grass.  You’ll ruin your suit.  I thought we were just going to have a simple, no-fuss wedding.”
“Yeah, that’ll be why you’re wearing a simple no-fuss dress, then.”
“That was Deirdra’s doing.  You know how bossy she is.  She said I had to have a fancy big dress in case you decided to make an honest woman of me.  In fact, this is my only formal outfit.  I’ve been terrified I’d be invited to a posh party and have to turn up in a wedding dress.  Anyway, please stand up.  Of course I’ll marry you.  You already knew that – and it’s not as though we can afford an engagement ring.”

“Surprise!”

“Where did that come from?”
“Deirdra gave me a load of special genie rings to pass on down the family.  They’re invisible to the untrained eye, except when they’re needed.”
“Very Lord of the Rings.”
“What?”
“It’s a book.  Didn’t you have it in your world?  I’ll explain later, when we have more time.  A lot more time.  It’d be nice to get married before dark.”

“Soph, have you thought about names?”
“Have you changed your mind?  I thought we’d agreed that Adam was perfect for the first child in a new family.”
“No, I didn’t mean him, I meant us.  Well, Adam too, I suppose.  Which surname are we using?”
“All the women in my family took their husbands’ names on marriage.  We’re an old-fashioned lot.  I think I’d like to do something different, though.  Maybe combine our names – although Silverman-Goole sounds a bit cumbersome.”
“I’d like a change, too.  Something to mark the start of a new dynasty.  Maybe we should choose a new name.  After all, that’s what Grandmamma Ana did when she moved to Twinbrook.”
“Oh!  I’ve just had an idea.  It sounds quite like your name and the meaning’s similar to mine – and it really suits Adam.”

So Sophia Silverman and Samuel Goole became Mr and Mrs Gold.

Cassidy had offered to take the night shift in the kitchen/nursery, so as the sun set over the lake, the newlyweds went next door for a romantic wedding night at the Lodge.

Next chapter

By the way, I discovered during their wedding night that Sims get a ‘WooHoo off the home lot’ moodlet from the showers at the Lodge but not from the beds.  How odd.  I think those showers may see quite a lot of use  ;).

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: End of the Line Dynasty: A Baby and a Wedding (20 September)
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2013, 12:04:43 PM »
Oh how lovely! Gold immediately made me think of Once Upon a Time. I loved the wedding and the new surname is perfect! And Adam is just darling! A little gold rainboo, how sweet. :))

By samoht04

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2013, 12:05:50 PM »
Welcome baby Adam! I bet he'll be a cutie  ;)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2013, 12:28:15 PM »
What a lovely shot of Hidden Springs! The Golds are off to a great start.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything