Author Topic: The Beautiful Stars (Chapter 23)  (Read 24145 times)

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Beautiful Stars
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2013, 04:18:45 PM »
Chapter14
 The next day was an important day for Emma and I. We shared a birthday, and today was the day.
We both wondered if we would be hit with the dreaded "Midlife Crisis" that had plagued Agnes. There was a day she walked around with dark hair and make up, looking more like Cornelia than Agnes. However, thankfully, she was back to normal the next day.

We decided on a private party, just us, Agnes, and the boys. We approached our cakes with trepidation… I'm not sure either of us was looking forward to getting old. Agnes was a bit miffed at us for considering "adulthood" old, while Xander found it funny, and Connor celebrated that he was younger than everyone.

Thankfully, we both missed the midlife crisis, though Emma rushed to the mirror to fix her hair. After we were all stuffed on cake and company, Emma, Agnes, and I, went to the salon for a girls' day. After all, our Miss Hatch was to be Mrs. Frio by tomorrow night.
She had decided on traditional formal wedding. It was to be very fancy, and we were hosting it at the Sunset Valley Institute for Modern Art. Emma was practically shaking when she walked out of the dressing room.

"Well? How do I look?"
"Connor is going to faint," Agnes predicted, looking Emma over. She certainly did look absolutely stunning.
After buying our dresses, we went to the spa for a relaxing massage. Agnes ducked out early though, saying there was somewhere she needed to be. Emma and I both wondered why she'd been disappearing at night so often lately, but decided it was her business if she wanted to tell us and went back to gossiping about the men.

Elsewhere, Agnes stood by a grave.
"I still don't understand why you had to go," she sobbed. "Please, please come back. I miss you so much. There are days I feel like I can't even breathe I miss you so much. Hold our baby for me. I love you."

Note: Poor, poor Agnes. Seeing Emma getting ready to get married is pretty tough on her. Maybe she'll find a small bit of comfort soon enough.
The Beautiful Stars
(The Bellanova Immortal Dynasty)

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2013, 05:14:44 PM »
Poor Agnes... I just wanted to say that your writing is so beautiful, and I really enjoy reading this. I will definitely be reading!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2013, 05:52:46 PM »
"Hold our baby for me."

That line alone brought me to tears.  :'( Agnes is such a tragic soul.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2013, 07:21:30 PM »

Wow, can't say that I'd ever seen Agnes with a goth make over! Poor Agnes. I'm curious to see what you've got in store for her.

Anna33

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2013, 07:24:27 PM »
How did you reduce me to the verge of tears with one sentence? Poor Agnes maybe she could use the plumbob later ltr from supernatural to resurrect erik or something.

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
The Beautiful Stars (Chap 15)
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2013, 09:16:10 PM »
Chapter 15

Emma awoke the next morning  in a panic.  She was getting married. She wasn't going to be Emma Hatch anymore. She didn't know what Emma Frio was like, and that would be her by the end of the night.  Would she be a good wife? What about kids? Connor and her both wanted them, but Izarra was having trouble getting pregnant so what was to say she wouldn't have trouble too?  Would she be a good mom if she did have any ?
She ran down the halls to Izarra's room.
"Iz! Iz! Wake up!" she shouted through the door. I answered the door blearily.

"Emma, it is 5 in the morning. I know it is your wedding day today, but the maid of honor falling asleep during the ceremony would look really bad."
"How do you do it?"
"Do what?"
"Be married."
"Just be yourself," I explained. "Connor loves you, he has since he was a kid. Do you think he'll suddenly stop loving you once you're married?"
"No…" Emma admitted.
"Good, then I'm going back to sleep, and I suggest you do the same. As bad as it would look for the maid of honor to fall asleep, it'll look even worse for the bride to!"
"Okay. I'll try."
"Love you. You'll look beautiful tonight and you'll be a wonderful wife."
"Love you, too. Thanks, Iz."

Connor, unlike his bride to be, had not even the smallest hint of cold feet. He had asked Agnes to make up a plate of pancakes for Emma while he sat at the dining room table and composed a letter to his bride.

My beloved Emma,
Never in my wildest dreams did I believe this day would ever come.  I am beyond elated to become your husband today. Most people, when faced with their greatest desire becoming reality, are disappointed. Reality falls short of their dreams. I get to have the excellent privilege of being one of the rare few for whom reality is better than fantasy. The girl of my dreams is not only real, but she is better than I could ever imagine. And today, she becomes my wife.
I love you more than anything.
Connor

All doubt faded from Emma's mind as she read the letter.  Izarra was right. Connor loved her for her.  She was ready.

You know you're close to someone when they wake you up at 4 in the morning and you're willing to talk to them while still in nothing but your knickers. This was actually based on a real life conversation between my best friend and I the morning of her wedding. She showed up at my house at 5 AM banging on the door asking how you be married.
On an amusing note, Connor is writing a love letter to the Grim Reaper since he couldn't write one to Emma. :P
The Beautiful Stars

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2013, 09:21:50 PM »
Can write a love letter to Grim but not to his bride-to-be...now that's just messed up! :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2013, 09:23:54 PM »
Chapter 16
That night, the family and friends of Connor Frio and Emma Hatch gathered at the Sunset Valley Institute of Modern Art.

"You look stunning…" Connor whispered as Emma joined him at the alter.
"Thank you. I can't believe we're finally getting married!"
"You're telling me! I've been waiting for this since I was 8 years old and realized girls existed and the most beautiful one was you!"
"Charmer. Shall we?"
"Most definitely!"
"Remember your vows?"
"I wrote them on my hand, just in case."
"Good. I love you. Don't ever forget that."
"After this, I won't!" he smiled, then began to recite aloud. "I, Connor, take you, Emma, to be my wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'til death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness."
He carefully slid a delicate gold band onto her finger. Emma turned to me and took Connor's ring. She held it over his finger as she recited her vows.

"I, Emma, take you, Connor, to be my wedded husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness."
We all began to clap and celebrate as they embraced in a kiss.

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Connor Frio.

I couldn't help but notice one person who wasn't celebrating. Across the hall, Agnes stood silent, watching the happy couple, grief filling her face. Little did she know that elsewhere, someone was coming to change her life forever.

Congratulations Connor and Emma!! Onward to redheaded nooboos! (And maybe an heir, though I find it funny we're all routing more for the spare!)
The Beautiful Stars

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2013, 09:30:10 PM »
Can write a love letter to Grim but not to his bride-to-be...now that's just messed up! :P
I quite agree. It was Grim or the Maid and I thought he'd get in a lot less trouble for Grim. We'll have to ask Rica if Artie ever got his letter :P
The Beautiful Stars

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2013, 09:32:31 PM »

"How do you be married?" I don't know: just BE! Hehe, that's cute.

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
The Beautiful Stars (Chap 17)
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2013, 02:31:14 PM »
Chapter 17
The next day was Love Day. An entire day just to celebrate love… I think I like this modern world. Connor and Emma locked themselves in their room all day.

Xander took me out on a date to the bistro...

…then to a symphony at the Theater…

…then we went home to enjoy each other's company.

Agnes went out to see Erik.

"I miss you so much. I don't know what to do. I threw myself into sculpting, writing… But I still don't feel happy. I wish I knew how to move on… Our baby would be a teenager now… can you imagine me raising a teenager? Well, I suppose all babies become teenagers eventually. I just wish I could have a second chance… I would keep you in the hotel room our entire honeymoon."
Just then, her phone rang.

"Ms. Darling? This is Alessandra Thistle…"

*chimes*  ;D
The Beautiful Stars

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2013, 02:49:42 PM »
Poor Agnes, all alone like that that. But I wonder what that call's for. (Seriously. I have no idea why the lady's calling her.)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2013, 03:07:39 PM »
Just a little info, I think the pictures got messed up, there are two pictures of them going to the theater.

Besides that, wonderful update. Poor Agnes.. Being all alone like that. I wonder who the woman is calling her..? (I also have no idea XP)
Can't wait for the nooboo(s)!

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2013, 03:17:46 PM »
Just a little info, I think the pictures got messed up, there are two pictures of them going to the theater.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you try to quickly post during your kids' naps. :P Fixed. Thanks Artsy.
The Beautiful Stars

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »
This, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you try to quickly post during your kids' naps. :P Fixed. Thanks Artsy.
Yep! I understand, I've made that mistake several times. Mainly because I update at around two in the morning though XD