Author Topic: World Adventures invisible Sims  (Read 2251 times)

Offline jerzgrljenn

• Nooboo
World Adventures invisible Sims
« on: September 19, 2013, 06:10:28 PM »
When I send my sims to travel to Chine France or Egypt when they get there they are invisible. Please help me!!

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
Re: World Adventures invisible Sims
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 08:05:09 PM »
When I send my sims to travel to Chine France or Egypt when they get there they are invisible. Please help me!!

Welcome to the forum jerzgrljenn.

I am sorry you are having that invisible issue.  I have had that in the past myself. I can tell you things I have tried.

First I would recommend you save a copy of the file (you have saved before the traveling you tried) to your desktop or another area in your computer.
Then go into the game you are having issues with and travel.  If your Sim is still invisible,  try doing a /resetsim (name of Sim goes here) , you may needed try this a couple times to see if it will clear it up.
If that doesn't work, try going home right away and see if that helps. Go on vacation again to see if it cleared it up.
If that doesn't help, you may need to evict your family and then bring them back to your house, then go on vacation.

Another things you can try are:
Sometimes by closing the game and restarting the game that might help.
If you have your files saved to your desktop (and you need to be out of your game for this), you can rename your files such as this example:

Twinbrook Smith.sims3
Twinbrook Smith.sims3.backup

Change the Twinbrook Smith.sims3 with a letter or number somewhere in the file like Twinbrook Smith1.sims3, then go to Twinbrook Smith.sims3.backup and delete backup and the period then on the other file delete the letter or number you used and then add .backup at the end. You will be losing some progress in your game but it would give you a chance to see if that file was having the same problem.

Let me know if any of those things worked for you, or you are having problems still.  Good luck.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 08:18:06 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, jerzgrljenn.

In addition to everything Blackrosea said, is your game up to date?  This has been a known bug in World Adventures for some time now, but I thought that Electronic Arts had fixed it in an update.  I'm not seeing as many reports of it lately, though.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline kellie13

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 10:11:17 PM »
I've had this problem twice. Sounds crazy, but try clicking on a dresser and change your sim's outfit. It worked for me both times!

Offline kellie13

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 10:15:54 PM »
Need to clarify. Click on "plan outfit", not change outfit.  ;D

Offline jerzgrljenn

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 08:07:46 PM »
Thank You all for your help!

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 03:16:54 AM »
Another method which usually works is to go into edit town, choose to edit the home town and then change something insignificant in any lot (ie: move a tree). Then return to game which will force the vacation town to reload.  (Do not choose save when the option comes up.)
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.