Author Topic: Fastest way to level witches powers  (Read 56408 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Fastest way to level witches powers
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 08:52:40 PM »
Does magic hands help with the speed at which witches level their powers?

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 11:07:28 PM »
So far, as I know the magic hand didn't raise the leveling speed for witches.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 07:01:25 PM »

Not directly, but because Magic Hands counts as the 2nd best value for both parts of wand value, it does mean that you are less likely to fail and will use less magic than with a lesser wand.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 04:18:09 PM »
Did you use a cheat to make the needs bar static? Because that's what usually caused it.

Nope, no cheats in that file. Never ever, just very very hard use of moodlet managers bought with legally accomplished happiness points.

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 08:48:12 PM »
Nope, no cheats in that file. Never ever, just very very hard use of moodlet managers bought with legally accomplished happiness points.

Hmm, that's weird. After my witch totally depleted of her power, and she use the moodlet manager, usually the magic bar going right up to full.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 01:10:27 PM »
I think you just got a beneficial bug. There's probably a few options that can do this, and Needs Static is one of them, but I can see the Moodlet Manager causing a similar thing to happen. I would say it was just a freak accident that happened after using the moodlet manager non-stop for a long time. Who knows though, I'm not a coder so I couldn't tell you what's written about it in the core game.

Offline Winterappleby

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 07:37:44 AM »
This I just found out through an accident in the game but it works! I hope it works for you guys.
I had testingCheatsEnabled on and I set their motives on to static which will drain their magic for 5 hours and it will never replenish but they can still cast spells.
This only works if you have two witches and they are both high enough level to spellcast duel - that's not too high a level though, I think it's 2 or 3. If you want them to level up really quickly with no effort try this:
1. Have Witch A challenge Witch B to a spellcast duel.
2. When you can see in Witch B's queue that Witch A is approaching her to propose a duel, put another action in her queue immediately after that one, ideally one that can be performed indefinitely.
3. What will happen is that Witch A and Witch B will agree to duel but Witch B will be forced to complete the next action in her queue before starting the spellcast duel. Which will leave Witch A waiting for her to finish her activity. While she is waiting the skill bar will appear above her head and continue to fill until the duel is over, but since the duel is being postponed indefinitely, it will just keep filling and filling.
I hope this works for you guys, it worked for me but that could have been a temporary bug or something. I'll test it a couple of times and see if that's the case.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sadsim

• The Saddest Sim
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 09:53:33 AM »
I usually just "play with magic" because the sim will occupy themselves with that while I can do stuff with other Sims. All of it seems to take a while anyways

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2014, 07:10:27 AM »
doing the fire blast A LOT on the community lot

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2014, 10:08:37 AM »
Yeah, not unless you like fighting fires. I had my witch fire blast the floor of the salon and she spent an hour or more putting out the fire from one blast.

Constant magical upgrades are far better. Also, if you have the spellbook from the Store, learning spells from it steadily raises the magic skill without draining magic energy. I alternated between magically upgrading washing machines and reading from the spellbook for my witch. I also had her drink skill gain drinks (her mother was a mixologist, after all) and I put Chinese incense wherever she happened to be skilling. The latter is great because you can drag it to your sim's inventory and to community lots. If you have a laundromat, it's a perfect place to magically upgrade because there are a plethora of washing machines.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 10:14:21 AM »
Yeah, not unless you like fighting fires. I had my witch fire blast the floor of the salon and she spent an hour or more putting out the fire from one blast.

No, I don't like fighting fire either. But I was trying to decrease my town population and since I can't just kill them off so, I started a fire and hoping they would caught it and died. I am mean I know, but the game had so long to load and prone to error already. So... yeah.

anything