ladybug53 - Lisa del Giocondo
7 (31.8%)
GoslettM - Lisa del Giocondo
13 (59.1%)
chetanhaobijam - Lisa del Giocondo
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: October 08, 2013, 09:27:40 AM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 11 - Off the Wall - Contest Closed  (Read 4542 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 11 - Off the Wall - Contest Closed
« on: September 19, 2013, 04:24:51 PM »

CAS Contests 2013: 11 - Off the Wall

The Subject:
We all know what she looks like.  She's probably the most-recognized figure on the planet.  She is visited by an estimated six million people every year, and many more admire her image in books or online.  She's the Mona Lisa, and she's the most well-known painting in the world.

What is really known about her?  The famous portrait was painted in the early 16th Century by that great Renaissance genius, Leonardo da Vinci.  It is believed that the lady in the painting was Lisa del Giocondo, wife of a wealthy Florentine silk merchant.  Her mysterious smile has inspired generations of singers, painters and poets. 

Over the course of the painting's 500-year history, it has been stolen, sustained severe damage by having acid thrown at it, and has undergone a number of restorations.  The lady currently resides in a specially-constructed, climate controlled enclosure behind bulletproof glass in the Louvre in Paris.

I ask you - is that any kind of life for a beautiful lady?  Don't you think she'd be much happier living in Union Cove, Sunset Valley, or any of our beautiful Sims 3 towns?  Here's your chance to pit your CAS skills against the artistry of (arguably) the greatest painter of all time - to re-create the Mona Lisa.  Help us get Mona Lisa off the wall and into Sims 3!

Your Task:
Your task is to create a Young Adult aged Mona Lisa, using the above picture as a guide.   Try to make your Sim look as much as possible like Mona Lisa.  Choose appropriate clothing, favourites and traits for her.  Your entry should also include a short biography for the Sim.

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

To view a sample entry, follow this link.

Contest Start Date: Friday, 20th September, 2013 - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Thursday, 3rd October, 2013 - 11:59pm

Please post in this thread only if you are posting an entry or asking a question.  However, we would prefer that questions be sent directly to the CAS Contest Team.  Please send your queries to Schipperke and ratchie.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 11 - Off the Wall
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 01:03:24 PM »
Lisa del Giocondo
by ladybug53

Yound Adult Female Human
Traits : Bookworm - Charismatic - Easily Impressed - Family Oriented - Green Thumb .
Lifetime Wish : Surrounded by Family .
Favorites : Goopy Carbonara - Classical - Spice Brown .
Zodiac Sign : Virgo .

Expansions Used : Supernatural - Pets .
Stuff Packs Used : Movie Stuff .

Biography : Lisa del Giocondo was married with five children and lived in Florence Italy . Her portrait was summoned by her husband Francesco . The portrait was painted by Leonardo da Vinci a well know artist . This famous portrait is still viewed today by millions .

No CCs or Mods were used .

Link for Download and more photos : Lisa del Giocondo
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 04:59:38 PM »
Lisa del Giocondo
by GoslettM

The Mona Lisa is a half-length portrait of a woman by the Italian artist Leonardo da Vinci, which has been acclaimed as "the best known, the most visited, the most written about, the most sung about, the most parodied work of art in the world."

Come download & read her bio here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 01:41:08 PM »
Lisa del Giocondo
by chetanhaobijam.

Lifestate: Human.
Traits: Angler, Family Oriented, Green Thumb, Hopeless Romantic, Natural Cook.
Lifetime Wish: Surrounded by Family.

She came back to life from a failed experiment on the masterpiece. Now with the life given to her, she wants to take on a journey to see and explore the Simworld. She also wants to start a family and wants to live happily with her family.

You can view and download her here.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 11 - Off the Wall - Poll Open
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 09:28:52 AM »
The contest is now closed and the poll is open.  Please be sure to vote for the entry that you feel best represents da Vinci's Mona Lisa!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 11 - Off the Wall - Winner Announced!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 10:14:49 AM »
The poll has closed and we have a winner.  Congratulations to GoslettM, whose Mona Lisa was voted the top entry! 

I think all three entrants deserve to be commended for taking on the challenge of pitting their CAS skills against the artistry of Da Vinci.  I think all three of the Sims entered in this contest would make splendid subjects for a special portrait.

This thread is now open for comments.  Please remember to give feedback only if it's requested, and to keep your comments positive and constructive.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 10:15:06 AM »
CAS Contest 2013:  11 - Off the Wall - September 20 -  October 3, 2013
    And the winner is - GoslettM!

Congratulations to GoslettM! You can download the winning entry here: Lisa del Giocondo.

And here's what GoslettM had to say about the winning entry:

"As always I would like to thank the CAS contest co-ordinators for such a wonderful contest, I had so much fun creating my own version of Lisa del Giocondo (Mona Lisa). :D  I personally don’t think she looks like the original, hehehe, but thank you very much to everyone that took the time out and supported my entry. ;)

To the rest of the contestants, in my eyes you're all winners. ;D  So sad there was so little interest from the forum members. :'(  So thanks again and happy simming everyone.  ;D"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 10:44:58 AM »
Congratulations to GoslettM for winning the Off The Wall CAS Contest. Your Mona Lisa was perfect and unique. Also, congratulations to ladybug53 for your marvellous entry.
I am open to feedback, advise and suggestions.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 02:12:32 PM »
Chetanhaobijam, I really liked your bio/story about her. ;)  You also did a very good job on your colours for all her clothing, it was just perfect. ;D

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 03:20:01 PM »
Well done GoslettM! I loved your Mona Lisa because I think she looks so adorable, haha.

@chetan - You did a fantastic job with her clothes! I simply adore the patterns and colours you used on her dress and swimming costume. Great job  ;)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 03:24:53 PM »
Congratulations GoslettM ! Your Mona Lisa was done perfectly . Great presentation and screenshots . Very creative .

Thank you Schipperke and ratchie for such a fun contest .

I'm open for comments on my entry .  :)

@ chetanhaobijam - Your entry is very nicely done . Great presentation , very nice screenshots and a great biography as well .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 04:18:05 PM »
@ladybug53 - What I like about your Mona Lisa is her eyes; I just couldn’t get her eyes right this time around but you did a great job on those. ;)

I also like all the clothing and the colours you chose for her very impressive and as always a very well presented presentation.:D

I play both of our Mona Lisa’s as sister in the game and I must say there are not much differents between them, I can actually say they sisters. Great job! ;D