Author Topic: Extra Family in Egypt  (Read 23809 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Extra Family in Egypt
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2010, 03:54:22 PM »
We advise caution when using mods.  There's a good chance it will ruin your game because third party downloaded mods aren't always compatible with the current updates and patches.  They also just wreak havoc in general.  We've got a whole discussion thread going on about mods here:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=419.0

The heartbroken moodlet can come even if the Sim doesn't witness the death if it's someone they are romantically involved with.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2010, 05:20:10 PM »
Yeah Lefassar, that IS strange. My sim's child was at least still a little boy. But she had never even had a boyfriend at that point, had never been pregnant, and suddenly she had a child over in Egypt.

Pam, fortunately, I've never had a mod ruin my game and I've been playing for a long time. Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe I know what I'm doing when I install them, or maybe I'm just good at using only mods from talented people who have a proven track record of making great mods.

The issue I'm having right now is that my game has suddenly slowed down drastically and it's just happened in the last couple of days when I haven't even installed ANYTHING new. The only mod I have is the one called the "Book of Talent" and I even went ahead and took that one out just to see if would speed up my game. It didn't help. I also went in and ran chkdsk and did a defrag last night and still hasn't helped. I'm beginning to think that once you've played for awhile and the saved games get bigger and bigger, it just slows things down. I even started a new sim family hoping that a new game would run faster and that didn't help either. So I guess I should start deleting games and families to see if that speeds things up again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2010, 06:45:46 PM »
RockinRobin,

If you take a lot of screenshots, you might try moving them to another location, too.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2010, 11:38:56 PM »
Ok, I'll try that and see if it helps.

I'm hoping to get a new computer in a couple of months and I can't wait! I know that will make a huge difference.

Arkali

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2010, 12:39:29 AM »
Happened to me, too, only with a french guy.  I was trying to look around to see if there's a guage saying how fit / fat your sims is, ala Sims 2.  While doing that, I popped open my Gen 2 heir's family tree.  Imagine my surprise when I see that he has a half-brother.  I immediately assume that the husband Cheops was sowing his wild oats before they got married.  So I go to his family tree.  Nope, it's just him, the wife (founder) and the kid.  So I go to her.  Holy bloop - she's got another son!  Fathered by some guy I remember her flirting with in France.  At least that's all *I* remember.

A Funny:  I told hubby about it, and hubby saysb - "Now, who's he?" (referring to the father).  I said "Just some guy she said 'Hi' to."

Hubby said...
"Yeah, she said 'hi' to him, all right."

Oh - as an additional note - this is a BRAND NEW game, and I have only ever controlled this one household.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 01:33:19 PM »
Happened to me, too, only with a french guy.  I was trying to look around to see if there's a guage saying how fit / fat your sims is, ala Sims 2.  While doing that, I popped open my Gen 2 heir's family tree.  Imagine my surprise when I see that he has a half-brother.  I immediately assume that the husband Cheops was sowing his wild oats before they got married.  So I go to his family tree.  Nope, it's just him, the wife (founder) and the kid.  So I go to her.  Holy bloop - she's got another son!  Fathered by some guy I remember her flirting with in France.  At least that's all *I* remember.

A Funny:  I told hubby about it, and hubby saysb - "Now, who's he?" (referring to the father).  I said "Just some guy she said 'Hi' to."

Hubby said...
"Yeah, she said 'hi' to him, all right."

Oh - as an additional note - this is a BRAND NEW game, and I have only ever controlled this one household.

LOL!  Too funny!!!

Offline aisile

• Nooboo
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2013, 12:32:53 PM »
I realise that the thread is a bit old, but it's very related so I'll reply rather than starting a new.

The exact same thing has happened to me several times! Quite some time has passed since you lot started to experience this problem so you would guess that some patch would have fixed this by now?
I've had the same problem in Egypt with a random child, and it has also happened in France. I don't think you need to have any relation with the person that you randomly happen to be married to or have a child with, but it seems they are usually linked to an adventure.
In my current game I made my sim go to France and complete a lot of adventures only to be able to buy a vacation home. When I returned the second time, it seems that she is somehow married to a deceased guy (Remy Dutiel) and they have a child together who is a teen. The teen girl lives with her aunt in what used to be Remy Dutiel's home. My sim now has the same last name, Dutiel, and the girl and Remy's family tree has been joined to mine. Unfortunately I had just saved so it was impossible to go back, so I figured I would just add the teen to my family and it would be a weird 'twist' to the storyline. I'm only in the 2nd generation so it's not throwing away a lot if I would simply start over, however it's very frustrating to do so, so I decided not to and just go along with the weird story instead.

However -- the most irritating part is this: when they (mother and teen) return home, all of the previous relatives are now unrelated! They are now only affiliated with the French people on her daughter's side and not her own back in her hometown. She used to have a sister and father with whom she lived. This just bums me out totally because I love playing for the family tree and the story. It completely throws off the whole thing. Now her old dad is just an "old friend" and even gets the "attractive sim" moodlet because they share some traits. It icks me out!

Is there some way to repair the broken family tree? I would love it if she wouldn't be attracted to her father... it's quite creepy.
I've been searching all over, mostly by googling the trouble, but haven't found any solution or even a similar problem. If the family tree is repaired I don't care too much about the extra unexpected child.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2013, 03:58:30 PM »
Is there some way to repair the broken family tree? I would love it if she wouldn't be attracted to her father... it's quite creepy.
I've been searching all over, mostly by googling the trouble, but haven't found any solution or even a similar problem. If the family tree is repaired I don't care too much about the extra unexpected child.

I am aware of exactly one way to fix this sort of problem - mods. Specifically NRaas Master Controller. For info on where to find it/how to install, check out the Game Modifications section. In it, use the Advanced -> Family option to make changes.

If this is any sort of Challenge game, you are unfortunately out of luck.

Offline aisile

• Nooboo
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2013, 01:39:44 PM »
Ok, thank you Zyffyr! I'm not sure whether or not I'll use mods to fix it, but now at least I know where to look.