Author Topic: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 5/2/2016 Completed  (Read 22885 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 5/1/2016
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2016, 12:46:32 PM »
I could've swore I commented on this. Whoops! My bad! I read it this morning. ::)

(Clears throat) Ahem.
IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!
Do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do.

Sorry. I'm so excited for you KRae! Bring us home Romeo! ;D

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 5/1/2016
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2016, 06:11:39 PM »
I was hoping for a female Romeo as well, KRae, well you could restart the challenge if you so desired to try again!

*ducks*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 5/2/2016
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2016, 09:55:41 AM »
@oshizu , It was an odd feeling to realize that, no matter what, the dynasty would be completed in 10 days. Ten days from birth to young adult. How am I ever going to go back to the normal 31.

@LivvieLove , I know, I'm so ready. Next time I'll do something more laid back.

@Deklitch , You'd better duck! Seattle is famous for fish tossing as well as Microsoft and Starbucks, you know. I may throw like a toddler, but Romeo is really strong from all that casting.

The next day was Romeo’s birthday. That morning he completed his photography max while singing to Boinky. No, you don’t get to be a Singer.

That evening, we tried a new fishing spot.
It’s nearly curfew. You’d better head for home.

Romeo paused on his way.
Romeo: I suddenly have an extra hour. I could fish more!
He’s now Ambitious.
Just go home.

Romeo: You know, I think I really like to Present a Perfect Private Aquarium.
Yes!

The mascot arrived before Romeo did and stayed and chatted with Sierra for hours.
I’ve pretty much released Sierra to the wild.

The next morning after sunup, Romeo completed his lifetime wish.

Sierra: Yah, the fish are okay, but that table is really special.

You’re never going to wish to master fishing, are you.
Romeo: No, so just go away. I’m trying to catch every kind of fish.
So I did.

While Romeo was out, Grim came for Sierra at age 27. Sierra managed to collect over 210K lifetime happiness points and easily qualified for a large tombstone. She had two lovely children and bought and upgraded the last two available properties. She completed her LTW and career while mastering photography and supermaxing writing. She made 13 points. I’m glad she had a few free days at the end of her life. She never got her last royalties.

Wigs, too, has earned his freedom. He mastered his third skill. We’re not going for a second supermaxed. We’re tired.
If he lives to the end, he will have earned 5 points. If not, it will be 6. So as of now, generation 9 has made 21 points.

At this point, I realized that even painting day and night, Randa would not master painting.
Fly free, little bird, fly free.

Randa: I want to go to a party, and Wigs has an invitation
Yes, go with him. He’s days past his expiration date, and parties can be deadly.
Wigs enjoyed the party. He critiqued just about everything and shut off a lot of lights. Bliss!

Randa stayed outside and played her guitar. She was the only woman at the party, and soon the rest of the guest wandered out to watch her.

Over the weekend, Romeo mastered fishing. He too has been released.
I’ve got no one to force skill.

Romeo spent his last full day of teenhood playing.

The camera was suddenly pulled away. Oh, just another birthday. Randa is now an adult.

She decided to go ahead and join the business career. She would have one day of work.

The next night, the dynasty had its final birthday. Happy Birthday, Romeo!
His traits ended up being Heavy Sleeper, Eccentric, Loves the Outdoors, Ambitious, and Dramatic. He earned 3 points while Randa earned 2 making a total of 5 for our last generation.
Wigs is still alive at age 34.

The next morning, Romeo hit the dresser, mirror, and waterslide. Oh, and the sim bin.

He posed for a close-up for Oshizu.

This was all interrupted by graduation where his non-existent classmates voted him Most Likely to Complete Their Lifetime Wish. That’s two in a row. At least this time it’s true.

We will leave the Breves and Riverview with a last look at the family cemetery.
The family owned all the businesses and properties in town and had 2.1 million in available funds.
The dynasty was completed Week 24 Day 2. That’s a lot of sims to go through in 24 weeks.
Their final score was 177 points. It could have been higher if I’d gotten the motive mobile earlier, but then I would have even been crazier by now.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2016, 10:36:23 AM »
Congratulations on finishing another dynasty!  What are you going to do next?  (I'd be prepared to bet the answer won't be 'have a rest' :).)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2016, 10:59:34 AM »
*blows horn and throws confetti

Congratulations on finishing another fabulous dynasty!
Even though it was in Short lifespan, I'm still so amazed that you posted close to a chapter a day.

Romeo turned out to be a handsome sim with the Hesper green hair!  Thank you for the shirtless portrait!

I'm also curious what you'll be doing next but I had to laugh at your comment below.
Next time I'll do something more laid back.
I have read your Family Empire Challenge and now this. I would never have guessed that you could ever do "laid back."  ;)

Thank yo so much for all the wonderful sims and their wacky lives. Loved it all!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2016, 11:25:49 AM »
@hazelnut  and @oshizu , I'm thinking of doing a modified town jump, adding an Expansion Pack when each new generation is a teen so they can move to the next town with a lifetime wish and trait from the just added EP. So I'd be starting in Sunset Valley with a randomly chosen family and adding World Adventures next while moving to Riverview. Since I don't use a story progression mod, they will be finding a partner in the next town.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2016, 11:59:46 AM »
*Tosses confetti*
*blows noisemaker*
Congratulations!!!!!!
Whatever you do next just let me know! I want in on the ride!
 ;D
What a wonderful ending to a wonderful dynasty.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2016, 04:53:00 PM »
Congratulations @KRae

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2016, 09:31:13 AM »
Thanks, everyone!
I'm marking this as completed, so if a moderator see it, it's ready to be moved.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 5/2/2016 Completed
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2016, 07:08:19 PM »
Congrats! I started reading the story a couple of days ago. It was really entertaining and interesting to see your strategies. :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 5/2/2016 Completed
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2016, 08:11:53 AM »
Congratulations, I'm moving this to the completed stories board.

anything