Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 323668 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Empty Inside
« Reply #1065 on: September 07, 2016, 07:43:09 PM »
Oh no, Liv, I would never mean disappoint in THAT sense! Just in the sense that, I might have been supporting a particular potential heir, and another took up the mantel instead. But, like I said, that "disappointment" was usually very short lived! As an example (although I really can't remember who I initially rooted for), I would have loved to have Ed as heir, but, Mary is just as good. And without Mary, we wouldn't have Alec and Evie. And without Alec and Evie, we wouldn't have Majnun and the other nutters!

I've often thought that PG ratings actually need to be reviewed (not just here, but, in society in general). It's very few kids that haven't been exposed to violence or language or sex by the time they are pre-teens. While I know we shouldn't be "glorifying" those things, it's really hard to get away from them, since most people are online nowadays and everything can be had at a click of a mouse. And, maybe, if more safe havens like this had stories where those topics were discussed, we could stop a new generation from going down some dark roads, by showing them that, yes, all that happens, but, it's not a *struggling to find the right word I'm looking for* deal-breaker (? Is that the one? Meh, it works).

My folks always had this policy at home. If I wanted a drink, which, let's be honest, what kid hasn't been curious/tempted? I could have a small amount, as long as they were present (like maybe a beer shandy - heavy on the shandy, instead of an actual beer). Their reasoning was, they knew I would try it, so, rather have me try it in a safe environment they could control, than to have my first introductions be somewhere where things could go to heck in a heartbeat. Did I drink underage out of their sight? Sure, but, and this is the kicker, I very seldom got to the point where I was wasted (not saying it didn't happen, I'm not that much of a hypocrite), and that was because I already knew what the "fuss" was about, and it wasn't such a big deal or a forboden thing. I think, if I hadn't had that exposure, I could have gone off the rails quite easily, as I have a very addictive personality.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
I loved Edward for heir too, but at the same point I'm not disappointed with Mary either. My biggest disappointment came from Emrin, honestly. I loved Falor so much and Emrin was not the person I wanted to write, but she ended up being ok.
In the rewrite... well... let's just say Emrin will be special based off the ideas I have for her.
I mean, I know this probably is against the rules itself to say, but I completely agree with you. I knew children in the 2nd grade who were reading the Hunger Games. I'm not saying we should start hosting things of a sexual nature or anything like that, but if we could at least put warnings up before stories that we plan to do more serious things in would be nice. This forum has such a supportive community and it's a great place for feedback on stories, but not all of us want to write "Sim does X. Sim does Y. Sim gets Married."
Stories are very limited without delving into some drama... and not to mention the game itself is rated T. The game has death, woohoo and other dark and sketchy things in it. The sim 4 has an herb that makes sims "Dazed" and "Dazed Sims are more accepting of Romantic Interactions." That... that alone freaked me out. The "Apologize - In Bed" interaction... these things are not PG. While I would never actively advocate breaking rules here and I do love how clean and friendly the forum is... I agree with you that I think the rules could be revised. If we could just put warning labels over our stories that could be great, as of right now though I've had to dance around some particularly sad and deep topics that are part of what makes my characters who they are.
But I also grew up with a similar background to you. My parents never made a big deal about anything and had a very "we were young once too" approach to things and I actually feel it helped me make smarter choices just because it wasn't this "forbidden fruit" thing.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #1066 on: September 07, 2016, 08:26:19 PM »
I mean, I know this probably is against the rules itself to say, but I completely agree with you. I knew children in the 2nd grade who were reading the Hunger Games. I'm not saying we should start hosting things of a sexual nature or anything like that, but if we could at least put warnings up before stories that we plan to do more serious things in would be nice. This forum has such a supportive community and it's a great place for feedback on stories, but not all of us want to write "Sim does X. Sim does Y. Sim gets Married."
Stories are very limited without delving into some drama... and not to mention the game itself is rated T. The game has death, woohoo and other dark and sketchy things in it. The sim 4 has an herb that makes sims "Dazed" and "Dazed Sims are more accepting of Romantic Interactions." That... that alone freaked me out. The "Apologize - In Bed" interaction... these things are not PG. While I would never actively advocate breaking rules here and I do love how clean and friendly the forum is... I agree with you that I think the rules could be revised. If we could just put warning labels over our stories that could be great, as of right now though I've had to dance around some particularly sad and deep topics that are part of what makes my characters who they are.
But I also grew up with a similar background to you. My parents never made a big deal about anything and had a very "we were young once too" approach to things and I actually feel it helped me make smarter choices just because it wasn't this "forbidden fruit" thing.

I don't disagree at all. I feel like if we could put a warning up when the chapter talks about something that may or may not offend some, that would be great. I would love to be willing to be able to talk about some dark subjects myself and do them justice without going overboard with it. If I could slowly introduce something like that in my story without having to be vague about it I think that could actually help a lot of people. I just find it fascinating how stories in the past have helped me myself with past experiences. My parents were honestly the same way, they would tell me the consequences of doing something but let me learn if needed. (Realistically of course.) I found that the less they kept from me about certain subjects, the less trouble I ran into. That is just my personal say on it though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1067 on: September 07, 2016, 10:32:39 PM »
Oh I'm so going to get in trouble for starting this discussion lol um, any mods around? Yes? No?

But, I guess it needed to be said, at least in respect of a story such as this and the Labelle's that you just know have a "darker" aspect that isn't being approached.

That being said, I think the reason they don't allow the warning labels here is because, a warning label to a tween, is like crack to an addict! They just have to see what's what! I am glad you're doing the rewrite though, it will provide some better insight into the characters, I think.

Ok, now enough about that ;-) next chapter, please Liv ;-)

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nienor

• Still working on the history chapter...
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1068 on: September 08, 2016, 12:51:15 PM »
Can I say that I completely disagree? (Please don't kill me!)
The thing is, with unmoderated stuff, with no restrictions, is that you're never sure what you'll find, some Sims blogs are good and interesting, others can go a bit... overboard.
As a teen myself (I turned 16 yesterday), the whole reason why I read stories and post stuff on here is because I know it's safe, I know I'll never find anything to scare or shock me, but the stories are well-written and interesting! (Yes, clichéd.) A 'safe haven', like @Magpie2012  called it, that we definitely need more of. If you don't like it, you can just make a separate blog like LivvieLove has done.
I know I'm in a minority, I know I led an incredibly sheltered childhood, like not going on the Internet unmonitered until 12 and stuff.
And as for the Sims 4 stuff @LivvieLove mentioned, wow, I did definitely not know that, it is rather freaky.
Perhaps the reason why there's a PG rating is because, as someone (I can't remember who) said, people kind of go over that anyway on here, the guidelines are broad, so if the age rating were increased to a 12, or Teen, then people might go over that too...
Anyway, re-reading this I do kind of sound one of those ranty over-controlling Mothers, but that's my view anyway, just to put an adverse one out there...
If you're bored, try my Perfect Genetics Legacy thingy.
Deidre McMillan's (DV Maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1069 on: September 08, 2016, 02:10:43 PM »
@Nienor I'm so glad to see a varying opinion! Please don't feel overwhelmed by our agreement! You have excellent points and I don't disagree with them at all. The perspective I'm coming from is that this is a safe place where moderation is still very good and can keep the excessively or ridiculously offensive stories away while still letting people express their creativity. It's the fact that this forum says it's PG but the game itself is rated T is where I take issue, but it's still something I highly respect about the forum, I just like to debate the topic as a way to offer a different view. I've never actually been approached by a moderator but my biggest concern is how vague the rules are regarding stories. "Excessively morbid storylines" is a question of debate between people, and I prefer more clean-cut rules that I don't have to have anxiety over whether this fits someone else's view of "overly morbid."
That's just my opinion though and I value yours! Thank you for offering it in spite of being (seemingly) a minority in this discussion!

Offline Nienor

• Still working on the history chapter...
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1070 on: September 08, 2016, 02:55:45 PM »
@Nienor I'm so glad to see a varying opinion! Please don't feel overwhelmed by our agreement! You have excellent points and I don't disagree with them at all. The perspective I'm coming from is that this is a safe place where moderation is still very good and can keep the excessively or ridiculously offensive stories away while still letting people express their creativity. It's the fact that this forum says it's PG but the game itself is rated T is where I take issue, but it's still something I highly respect about the forum, I just like to debate the topic as a way to offer a different view. I've never actually been approached by a moderator but my biggest concern is how vague the rules are regarding stories. "Excessively morbid storylines" is a question of debate between people, and I prefer more clean-cut rules that I don't have to have anxiety over whether this fits someone else's view of "overly morbid."
That's just my opinion though and I value yours! Thank you for offering it in spite of being (seemingly) a minority in this discussion!
Wow. I really did not know anyone could be that considerate, and fair minded. To be honest, my experience of 'discussions' have been the Spanish or French versions of that word!
I definitely agree with you on the 'overly morbid' bit, it needs to be made much clearer! I even worried about my story, where everyone but Deidre was killed by dragons, as it could be called that.
If you're bored, try my Perfect Genetics Legacy thingy.
Deidre McMillan's (DV Maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1071 on: September 08, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »
Wow. I really did not know anyone could be that considerate, and fair minded. To be honest, my experience of 'discussions' have been the Spanish or French versions of that word!
I definitely agree with you on the 'overly morbid' bit, it needs to be made much clearer! I even worried about my story, where everyone but Deidre was killed by dragons, as it could be called that.

I thank you! I just try to make sure no one feels ganged up on. It's something I know I've got unpopular opinions on, and that I doubt the forum would ever do anything as crazy as get rid of the profanity filter or anything - I guess my concern stems from the "excessively morbid" portion of the rules.
Wouldn't a short dynasty also qualify as "overly morbid" just due to how many deaths occur? Or if the deaths are told in a "light-hearted" manner that makes it ok? I could argue that treating death in such a light way could come across even worse or more morbid than treating the death with respect and solidarity.
Like, is Anne's death more morbid than Reid's from my short dynasty because I detailed how torn Majnun was... how much losing her destroyed him as opposed to having her joke with the grim reaper about being his friend? It's just too vague and it leaves people like @mpart and I at a loss since we try to tell stories WITH our Sims (rather than stories ABOUT the sims). To me, it would be the ultimate offense if Majnun didn't react to Anne's death. To me that would be more morbid. The concept that a character literally could care less about another character's pain or death - that's morbid to me, but ok to some people?
No blood. That's a rule.
No profanity. That's a rule.
No violence? That's debatable. Sims slap other sims all the time. That's considered violent, but that's OK. Sims can insult other sims all the time, calling each other a "llama" or a "glowbug" and start a fight and that's OK because... "silliness?" Where is that line drawn? The game includes violence so some of it must be ok...

The mods don't frequent the stories as much anymore so the rules have "relaxed" somewhat, but I feel anxious often that one mod will come along and deem my story "inappropriate" because we have two different ideas about the rules.

Anyways, I've talked enough on this subject. I love this forum and I value the community here so I don't intend to "Rock the boat" but that's why magpie, mpart and I discuss these things. Honestly, while I use profanity in the real world I wouldn't ask the forum to change their rules regarding it. That's just messy and hard to moderate. I just feel like the constant "moderator looming" and vague rules can lead to some messy situations. I'd also like more straight rules on the "dark storylines."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1072 on: September 08, 2016, 04:07:20 PM »
I agree with all of the above! I'm sorry you felt like you wouldn't be able to air your opinions without us getting uppity :-) I know we all have strong personalities, but, I'd like to think that we're fair anf open-minded as well. I know of some Sims forums out there where anything is game (pun sort of not quite intended) and I'm so not suggesting that happen here! It would totally ruin Carl's for everyone! My bug-bear is with the morbidity clause and to a certain extent, the profanity filter. As with Liv, I feel there is a very fine line that can be drawn in either direction with regards to death and how it is treated. It does seem like a bit of a risky "grey" area. And also, with the swears, well, I know and admit I have a heck of a potty-mouth in RL, and I'm not asking to be allowed to fly with F-bombs or a few other more crass words. I would like to be able to call characters such as Destiny and Allesandra a much harsher word than I can do here without being redacted. But, even if I could just use "word redacted" as a way of expressing myself, I would be fine with that. But, if you really read the story and forum rules, you're not even supposed to HINT at swears... So, it's not that we want the forum to do a complete 180, just maybe, loosen the reigns ever so slightly, maybe let us approach death in the way that makes sense to the story? And, if a character is a bit of a bad-ass (is that gonna get redacted by the filter?) Let them at least use a teeny bit of bad language (again, within reason).

But, again, this IS a safe haven for young and old, and I would never want to suggest something that would jeopardize that.

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1073 on: September 24, 2016, 08:55:59 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm PJHP1243 and I've been reading this for a loong time.
Heh. Well this is awkward already.
I know this is a very strange place to try to explain myself, but... I felt like it.
Ok. Enough chattering already. So, I started reading this back when I had no account, and it's an awesome story. It took me forever to read it because... I'm very busy? Not a very good excuse, but whatever. I just wanted you to know I'm here! No longer a silent reader! YAY!
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1074 on: September 28, 2016, 04:24:57 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm PJHP1243 and I've been reading this for a loong time.
Heh. Well this is awkward already.
I know this is a very strange place to try to explain myself, but... I felt like it.
Ok. Enough chattering already. So, I started reading this back when I had no account, and it's an awesome story. It took me forever to read it because... I'm very busy? Not a very good excuse, but whatever. I just wanted you to know I'm here! No longer a silent reader! YAY!

Why hello there! I apologize for my late-ish response! I'm not on the forums as much as I'd like to be given my busy work/school schedule!
No awkwardness at all! I love all my readers, whether they're silent or commenting. =)
I've been working on the rewrite for this story a lot more so I haven't put much time into this version (and I'm mulling some things over currently).

So, to anyone else reading this, I apologize for the hiatus. I just am busy with school and work and other stories currently. I'm working to launch Song of the Nightingale here within the next week and I'm... mulling some options over for this story currently. I'm still writing though, and if anyone is curious or wants to be a part of the writing that's not on this forum, please just let me know! ;D

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1075 on: October 02, 2016, 05:54:53 PM »
•sticks hand in air• Me! Me! Pick me!

Lol I wholeheartedly volunteer my services to being part of the writing not on this forum! Even if I have to dust off my grossly unused TS3 (I'm fully ensconced in TS4 now) to create a sim or something or other. Even if its just bouncing ideas or whatever! Anything I can do to be part of this amazing story, I'll do it!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1076 on: October 03, 2016, 12:13:10 AM »
•sticks hand in air• Me! Me! Pick me!

Lol I wholeheartedly volunteer my services to being part of the writing not on this forum! Even if I have to dust off my grossly unused TS3 (I'm fully ensconced in TS4 now) to create a sim or something or other. Even if its just bouncing ideas or whatever! Anything I can do to be part of this amazing story, I'll do it!

Hahaha! You're fantastic, Magpie, I swear it.
@mpart was being a doll as usual and she whipped me up a quick household of girlies I can use for SotN - but I never realized exactly how much building would go into it until I wrote the first few chapters and then went... "Oh, now I'll need 3 bars, two hotels, several dozen sims AND a brand new world designed and built from scratch! No big deal, right...?"
Eh-heh. I'm no stranger to building worlds or Sims, but I usually need to be in the mood to do so and it's just... not coming to me right now.
The Reapers though? They're fine. XD My rewrite that is. I'm hoping to keep up my updates so I can get a gold on the SimNaWriMo... we'll see how that goes for me. ::)

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1077 on: October 03, 2016, 02:01:05 PM »
Thanks for the compliment, Liv :-) you're pretty darn awesim yourself!!!

I suck at building, but, I could always contribute a sim or three. I've donated a sim to Blamsart's legacy story, and to the spinoff Bachelor challenge. So, if ever you're in need, just drop me a PM and I'll jump right in XD

Although, technically, I can't actually take credit for Xenia and Destiny, since they were Gen 4 and Gen 3 respectively and thus born-in-game sims. My two most gorgeous sims ever and I didn't even really have an active hand in their design :-(

Ok, babble time over. Get writing, madam!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The End - Part One
« Reply #1078 on: November 16, 2016, 03:32:00 AM »
The End

I think I was in denial about this post for a long while before I ever actually got around to posting it. This story was my first real start at serious writing and it's been such a huge piece of me for so long, but...
These are the last two chapters I will ever be posting on it.
I've been a member of Carl's forum for well over six years now and I've loved my time here. I don't intend to leave the forum entirely - but I feel it's time that this story come to a close. Carl's forum is just not a place where I can properly tell the stories I hope to tell. My intent was to always keep the forum story going as I moved along with my Reapers, Song of the Nightingale, and Factions of the Lost Ones on my blog instead... but the more I sit on it the more I realized that these characters deserve so much better than me trying to tell their gritty, dark pasts in a light-hearted manner.
I had to finally give in after I spent the last several months staring at the blank draft for what was supposed to be the next chapter.
I simply couldn't write it. At first it was too detailed. Then it was too vague. Then I stressed and strained over the importance of this chapter (which... the rest of the story absolutely hinged on this chapter to go correctly) and I couldn't bring myself to write it, but I also couldn't bring myself to admit that it was just... over.
I was really excited about the goofy next generation, but whether I liked it or not I couldn't sugar coat that not everything was well in that storyline either.
So I've finished this legacy. It would utterly shatter my heart to see this graveyarded after years of hard work and dedication... so I finished it. This chapter is going to be the summaries of my final 4 heirs with pictures and funny stories of them and the storylines that I had planned.
I'm sorry that it's come down to this, but... I just can't write this story any longer. It probably sounds silly, but when I have a storyline it's extra stress for me to have to think about "is this forum appropriate" and "what do I need to take out?" As well as "we'll, there's the forum limit for pictures, etc."
I also must admit that being on my blog has helped my characters come into their own a little and this includes the language they use. The hardest part about this story was trying to do a pirate generation that can't curse. Heh, I cringe a little looking back on it.
Again, I'm really sorry to those of you who really enjoyed this story and were hoping to see it through to the end at the pace it was going, but it's just... it's time.
For any of you who wish to continue following my stories, feel free to let me know. I have 3 running right now, and I can give a brief summary of them. I'm offering PMs of chapter notices for those who would like to know, and I'm also on Boolprop under this same name with Majnun as my picture and my signature picture completely the same! I keep my stories updated and posted there too!

So without further ado, let us say goodbye.
I'll start with Mary and Alec.

Mary and Alec Reaper

Mary and Alec were one of my favorite couples... and one of my least favorite couples as well. Depends on when you asked me about them. I always knew that this was it for them. Despite them starting out in a rather... rushed and "destined-for-failure" sort of way (one-night-stand leads to pregnancy and marriage? As if that would work) yet they were so much more complex than that and so determined to stay together. Mary flipped Alec's world on it's head and Alec will never be the same.
I always intended for them to stay together, but as Alec spiraled out the more angry I became with him. The intended next chapter that won't get posted was supposed to be one of my most bittersweet chapters yet. Mary was receiving a visit from Eveline and Jupiter to announce their pregnancy when they were going to be attacked by followers of Fate, Majnun's Granddaughter. Mary had ordered Jupiter to get Eveline out as fast as possible and Jupiter did, as Eveline is incapable of using any magic during her pregnancy (as it's busy maintaining her life and the life of the heir). Eveline was far too panicked and she sent Jupiter back for Mary as she called her father frantically.
But Alec was with his father. Majnun and Aleccas were finally having a heart-to-heart over the loss of Alec's mother and it was the first time they had really been able to be close in all of Alec's life. He ignored the phonecall that came in. After he and Majnun mostly wrapped up their conversation Alec checked his phone and received the horrible voicemail that Mary was under attack. By the time they had arrived to the sight of the attack it was too late: both Mary and Jupiter were dead. Alec spun out with grief as he held the body of his wife and Majnun felt a disturbingly familiar ache as well.
You see, it's no surprise that Alec is the most like Majnun out of all of Majnun's children, but there are points and times when they are scarily similar. Majnun could not stand to see his son grieving in that way... so he used his magic (and risked his life) to turn back time to earlier in the day. Instead of meeting up with Alec to have their heart-to-heart, Majnun stood him up, thus fueling his son's rage and anger with him, but Alec did not miss the phone call that time, and instead made it in time to save his wife and soon-to-be son-in-law.
He was able to do so because if anyone can remember from several chapters ago, Alec's magic abilities are especially strong in Wards and Protection, just like his father.
Majnun was sent to trial for altering time, and Alec never knew the sacrifice his father made for him.
Alec nursed wounded Mary back to health and stubbornly stayed by her side. He slept on the floor outside the door to her room, he made it very clear he was willing to do anything to earn back her trust. They started dating, a first for them. If you'll recall, Mary and Alec never dated. They went to one ball together and then Mary fell pregnant with Eveline. They got married and started married life with no courtship, so Alec took up courting Mary - and boy was he rusty at it.
Regardless, Mary and Alec ended up falling in love all over again.
Oh, and Alec started the conversation with the fact that he was the son of Majnun (despite his loathing to be so), which made for a humorous first line of a first date.

Their love songs include "Young Volcanoes" by Fall Out Boy, "All of Me" by John Legend, and "I Need Your Love" by Shaggy.

Eveline and Jupiter Reaper

Following the attack on her life, Eveline became very attached and clingy to Jupiter. He had no complaints about this whatsoever. She would get nervous if Jupiter left her alone in a room for too long as she dealt with the attack and her hormones constantly swinging. Eveline had an extremely rough pregnancy as she wasn't just carrying the heir, but twins: one extremely powerful heir of Majnun and a hybrid vampire/magical source. Eveline went into labor early and it looked as though she wouldn't make it out of labor alive unless Majnun were there to assist. Alec was forced to go interrupt the trial and reason with Agonin to allow Majnun to come back to save Eveline. Majnun came back to assist in the delivery of the twin boys. The heir was set to be born first, however, Majnun knew from experience with Anne that the child would stop Eveline's heart as he was born, so he forced the second child - the hybrid to be born first.
It just so happened that this child would be born at a very specific time and year, coinciding with the alignment of the Death Keepers. Thus, Majnun unintentionally created a Death Keeper. Eveline was looking bleaker and bleaker during the labor so, despite not wanting to, Majnun called for Jupiter to be brought in. Eveline's heart stopped, Jupiter panicked, and Alec was the one to jump Eveline's heart to prevent her death. Eveline recovered completely and they named their twin boys Damian and Sebastian - names that they never used, as they often prefered their nicknames, Dame and Bash. After the boys grew up to children, Eveline finally convinced Jupiter that she wouldn't die every time Jupiter touched her (ha, bad joke, I know) and they eventually tried for their third and final child - Lucia, a little magical girl. Lucia, who goes by the nickname Lulu to her family, had her dearest daddy wrapped all up around her little finger.
Eveline stepped up and took a bigger role in helping Majnun as her children grew older. She was eventually known by the title "The Ringleader" or to some "The Monster Tamer." Her magic specialization ended up falling in being able to pacify and tame people as well as sway them to her side. Her magic creates a natural aura that allows even the most vicious animals to be pacified and bend to her.
Jupiter devoted himself to helping Olivia and the Reapers establish themselves further. He remained by Eveline's side throughout everything. They forever would be inseparable.

Their songs include "Fire Meet Gasoline" by Sia, "Wild Heart" by Chris Daughtry, and "Love Me Like You Do" by Ellie Golding.

Sebastian, Damian, and Lucia Reaper
The three children of Eveline and Jupiter Reaper were each special in their own way
Sebastian "Bash" Reaper

Bash was born deaf, and the heir to Majnun's magic. Despite his many setbacks and hearing problems, Sebastian was gifted with the ability to read minds. He and his twin were attached at the hips their entire lives. I have never had siblings closer than these two and I was so looking forward to writing them. He and Dame would get into some deep trouble that would eventually land them the (affectionate) titles: Dumb and Dumber. Sebastian was "Dumb" and Damian was "Dumber" and if you got it wrong they would dramatically correct you on such. During school at one point, one of the girls told them they each had half a brain, so to counter it, they declared that they combined their halves to make one "shared" brain. It would become a long, long running joke that only one of them "had the brain" at a time. This resulted in many "DAME! I NEED THE BRAIN TONIGHT!"
"I'M GOING ON A DATE!"
"CRAP."
Despite being known for doing stupid stunts and dangerous activities, Sebastian would eventually grow up to become a doctor.
Bash started his magic training at a young age because his mind reading is a very painful and problematic ability for a child to wield. His training with Majnun was usually long and rigorous, and very soon after starting the training morphed into preparing Sebastian for a life as a Priest of Majnun. He was set to take the ritual when he was deemed ready as a young adult, but that was not to be so.
When out doing something stupid with his siblings, they ended up cornered by Fate Niccoli herself - the Goddess of Fate. Sebastian tried to take her on but he was not strong enough to face a goddess. Damian was knocked unconscious and Sebastian was forced to watch as Fate dug into his sister's head and drove her to insanity. Lucia was just a child. Sebastian felt like the biggest failure. When he returned home, being only sixteen, he demanded to be placed into the ritual for Priesthood immediately. Majnun did not protest and handed him the goblet. The entire family was torn apart as they waited to see if Sebastian would survive the ritual.
Of course, we all know he does, though it took a lot out of him.
Prior to this, Sebastian had been seeing a girl named Leigh. Their relationship was a step above toxic and she wasn't fond of magic nor the idea of Sebastian becoming a Priest of Magic.
Needless to say, Bash running off and becoming a Priest of Majnun did not help their relationship whatsoever. They ended their relationship in a bitter fight that left Bash reeling.
Sebastian would eventually run into Leigh again several years later and they would briefly forget why their relationship ended and try again. Getting married and eventually falling pregnant. When the pregnancy started to drain Leigh is when she remembered exactly why she left Bash in the first place. When Leigh went into labor and nearly died was the final straw for her. When she was well enough and while Bash was on a mission for Majnun, Leigh took off, leaving their daughter behind with a note saying she would mail Bash the divorce papers.
Mpart and I were long kicking around having her mind-reader Solstice (as seen in Sheogorath's chapters) eventually meet up with Sebastian and maybe starting something from there, but nothing was set in stone.
Sebastian, despite being deaf, was determined to become a musician and dancer in his freetime. He spent all of his time with headphones on, blasting music loud enough he could feel the vibrations. He learned to dance to hip-hop, as he could feel the rhythm in his chest. He and Dame would spend time dancing together often and choreographed many skits. Bash eventually taught himself how to read music and learned to compose some of the best themes based off of repetition. His nickname in the powerful circles became "The Musician."

Damian "Dame" Reaper

The Hybrid Damian, also fondly known as "Dumber" had a difficult life, though he never let it show. He was born one of the final Death Keepers (as there are only ever 10) and spent a lot of his time studying under Phil Jenkins - the husband of the late Daisy Jenkins (Anne's handmaid, if you recall). Death Keepers have been known to develop power addictions when they come into their powers - usually when they're teenagers. Prior to him wrestling with his addiction, Damian spent all of his time attached to his twin brother. Dame and Bash were wonderful siblings in that Damian did whatever he could to help enable Bash to live more normally. Damian spent hours every single day helping Bash learn how to speak normally. Helping him feel the vibrations and using his own mind as a sounding board so that Sebastian could slowly learn to conceal his disability. Anytime someone would tease Bash, Damian would jump up and be the first to beat them up. It was around the time that Lucia was driven to insanity that Damian felt the first urges for his power addiction - and he was surrounded by the most powerful beings in existence. Heck, his own twin brother was one of the most powerful beings to walk. This resulted in several breakdowns where Damian would disappear off to Phil for guidance and support. He ended up finding a very close friend and mentor in Phil, and likely in some ways saw him as a second father. After becoming a Priest of Majnun, Sebastian dumped all of his time into helping Damian with his struggle against his power addiction until they found a more stable solution for him.
When Dame and Bash were fifteen, their parents hosted a large party for all of the extended family. All of them.
At this party, Dame was introduced to Raeveth Keeper, the daughter of Mania Keeper and Stephen, as mentioned several, several chapters ago. Rae had come over and introduced herself to Damian, complimented his eyes, and when he returned the compliment she smiled and declared him her boyfriend.
They have been together ever since and are both very, very happy. They had three children.
Damian grew up and became a lawyer.
So yes, despite the names "Dumb" and "Dumber," the twins were actually geniuses.

Lucia "Lulu" Reaper

Beautiful. Quiet. Reserved. Lucia had a lot of ways people would describe her as a child.
Lucia kept to herself for a lot of her younger years, only ever following her big brother's around (and they would always willingly accept their baby sister, she was never a third wheel with them and how they doted on her). She was so determined to prove herself that one day she went off on her own. Her brothers were the first to notice her missing and they went after her. She was caught by Fate Niccoli who used her magic to drive Lucia insane.
Lucia got really quiet after that. She had been 9 when that had happened to her, and she kept her mouth firmly shut.
Mostly because she never really knew if people were talking to her or not. Her insanity was depriving for her. She would look up at people she walked past and they would spout horrible things to her and she could never determine if they were real or not. The only person in her family who was aware of her struggles was her brother Sebastian due to his ability to read her mind. He would stay up at night and comfort her when she would have terrifying nightmares. Her brothers were also the first to defend her in school when kids would tease her and call her psycho when she would shush someone who wasn't actually speaking. The thought of her losing her own mind was horrifying to her and it lead to her having a heartbreaking meltdown where she finally confesses everything to her father one night when she was 15 (her brothers were in college). Jupiter was broken over seeing his baby girl so torn up and he demanded that Majnun do something to help her. Lucia vanished for several months on a "trip" with Majnun and when she returned she was much brighter and more bubbly... and also very much accepting of her insanity.
She grew up and focused her skills on contortion and magic. She became a follower of Majnun and... for a while I debated making her a Priestess of his as well, but decided that with her delicate mind it was probably best if she wasn't placed in that situation. Her personality was going to be (very loosely) based off of Harley Quinn.

Sebastian's song was "Sing Me to Sleep" by Alan Walker.
Damian's song was "Angel with a Shotgun" by The Cab
Lucia's song was "I'm Going to Show You Crazy" by Bebe Rexha (the Nightcore Version) and "Gasoline" by Halsey.

Sebastian and Leigh Reaper

As mentioned above, the relationship between Sebastian and Leigh produced a little girl who was born mute. Her name is Kyra Reaper, and she was a daddy's girl at heart. Sebastian affectionately nicknamed her "his little chatterbox." After Sebastian and Leigh split, Leigh ended up fighting for a bit of custody for Kyra. Kyra would spend weekends with Sebastian and weekdays with her mother. Leigh eventually remarried a non-magical man who hated Sebastian's existence. They often would trash talk his name to Kyra and anyone who would listen for his "reckless endangerment" of their daughter. After a while, Damian had had enough of hearing them speak ill of his brother, so he used his legal strings to pull Kyra into Reaper custody full-time with only monthly visitations to Leigh. Of course, no one was perfect in this situation, as Sebastian was a working resident/doctor for a lot of Kyra's childhood, as well as a Priest of Majnun. There really wasn't a night that Bash slept more than four hours and he was always pushing himself to the limit, yet keeping Kyra around kept him sane and going. He loved his little girl more than anything else, and the love was mutual. Kyra took up learning how to dance so she could dance with her daddy and she stuck to his leg anytime he was around.
Kyra is only able to speak directly to others in their head, which her mother had always assumed was a curse left by a family "twisted by magic." This was a big reason Damian and Bash pushed for full custody, as Kyra began showing signs of hating herself for what she lacked.
Eventually, when Kyra is freshly an adult, she gets kidnapped by Malice, the God of the Night and Darkness as she's on her way to visit her mother and stepfather. This soured the already tense relationship between Bash and Leigh.
They've not said a kind word about the other since.

Kyra Reaper

The Eighth Reaper Heiress was born mute and only had the ability to speak telepathically directly into someone else's mind. It's safe to say she was a quiet child (heh, again, bad joke), who ended up being a big daddy's girl. Her childhood was very tense due to the tensions between her father and her mother, but also due to the war that was occurring between Fate and Majnun, of which Malice had stepped in and taken sides with Fate - along with Calypso (Goddess of the Sea) and Adessa (Goddess of Betrayal). Meanwhile, Agonin (Sir Rigid, God of Order) and Taelagor (God of Elements) stepped in to assist Majnun. The war was turning into an outright slaughtering ground that nearly resulted in Sebastian's death as he delivered an important book that was hand written and sealed by Majnun to Agonin. The book was to be given to generation 10 when they came of age so that they wouldn't be bombarded with Godhood and Insanity right from birth. The war didn't really pick up until Kyra had first entered adulthood.
Unbeknownst to her, Taelagor Myst, the God of Elements, had developed a strong crush on her.
Hilariously, neither one of them have the ability to speak (they both can only speak telepathically), so it's safe to say their relationship took a while to form. Unfortunately, before Taelagor could gather the guts up to tell Kyra how he felt (snickers, err... I mean... mentally tell?), Kyra was kidnapped by one of Malice's own.
She was held at a camp until the Keepers would break her out a few days later.
Kyra was pregnant.
In retaliation, and in his last show of force, Majnun gathered all of his strength and numbers and stormed Malice's realm, killing him and destroying everyone who followed him.
The war ended shortly after that, and Majnun was confined to bedrest for the rest of his life.
Taelagor was too afraid of hurting her further, so he backed off completely. It wouldn't be until after Kyra gave birth to her son, Demetri that they would eventually resume their friendship and slowly ease into a relationship.
Kyra raised Demetri as a single mother, but it was a struggle given what the magic had taken from him.
Kyra's song is "Brave" by Sara Bareilles. Kyra and Taelagor's song was "Collide" by Howie Day.
Demetri and Indil's song is "Inside Out" by the Chainsmokers. Demetri's song was "Pity Party" by Melanie Martinez.

Demetri Reaper

Demetri Reaper was born a sociopath, or darn near close to one. The magic sapped away his ability to feel things normally, so he rarely felt anything at all. This made him fairly manipulative and cruel. He was far out enough in the story realm that I didn't have much set in stone for him minus the fact that he was just an outright jerk most of the time. He would twist people against each other for fun. He would bend his mother against Bash when Bash would call him out on the crap he was doing. As soon as he was old enough he took off and basically told everyone to screw off and that he wasn't interested in them. He disappeared into Dragon Valley where he intended to try and find a way that he could feel anything at all.

During his time there he met a woman named Indil - a Nymph who had been shoved from her caste. She was bright, cheerful, and full of happy emotions. She latched onto Demetri immediately and found ways to be incredibly excited at just seeing him again in public places. Demetri had resisted all of her completely at first. He felt nothing, but slowly but surely Indil worked her way into his heart. She was everything he wasn't. She was kind-hearted, bright, and hopeful. She never questioned him for the things he did, nor did she hold it against him that he "was an emotionless statue" (as he would put it). He hadn't realized it, but in his own way he had started to fall in love with her. She slowly reconnected him with his family and he begrudgingly started to change.
She fell pregnant with the tenth generation and everything started to fall apart. Majnun was dying. Eveline was a wreck. Sebastian was working overtime to manage the affairs of everything. The Gods' eyes were all turning on them as they knew Majnun's life was coming to a close and they all wondered what the next god would look like.
Indil was horribly affected by the pregnancy, and she couldn't leave bed most days. Despite this she remained bright and cheerful. Determined to make the world brighter and better. She insisted their child would be perfect.
She died in childbirth and could not be revived. Demetri tried several times. The power of the child destroyed her body and sent her soul into the Essence, and the birth of their son resulted in the death of Majnun.
Eveline gained her sight.
Bash gained his hearing.
Kyra gained her voice.
And Demetri? Demetri got to feel for the first time as finally realized how much Indil had truly meant to him. It destroyed him to lose her. I saw him taking two paths at this point - one was following her to the grave, the other was him deciding to be a better person in Indil's name and working to keep the world safe until he felt he had atoned for his sins.
Demetri, assuming he lived, was not stable enough to raise his son, and after the death of Majnun the world spiraled into chaos. Wars broke out and everyone was on the hunt for the child of Demetri and Indil as well as several who wished to see the destruction of the guardians.
Olivia, the spirit of protection, sealed off Windwaker so that no one could find it, along with a majority of the Reapers and all of the Guardians and took off with generation 10 in order to raise him in secret.
That brings us to our final generation:

Aeryn Reaper - God of Magic and Madness

Aeryn Reaper spent his life on the run with Olivia, the spirit of Protection. Aeryn grew to fondly refer to her as "mother," despite her urgings to remember that he had a mother who was wonderful. They traveled a lot and didn't use magic frequently for fear of drawing attention to themselves. When Aeryn was a teenager he took on magic and picked it up insanely quickly (sorry, the bad jokes are just rampant tonight).

When he was twenty is when he finally took on the book of Majnun (that was written during Sebastian's life and delivered to Agonin during Kyra's) and rose to become the God of Magic and Madness.

Aeryn would be far less morally gray than Majnun. The story would end around the time that Aeryn stepped into power.

Aeryn would keep his "mother" safe and adopt the guardian's beneath him. Lucia Reaper would rise to be his High Priestess. Aeryn is quieter and thinks very hard before he speaks. He gains information about other people using his insanity as his aid.

Aeryn's song is "Skyrim Theme" by Lindsey Stirling and Peter Hollens.

So... that's it. Ten generations and a legacy complete. I have one last chapter for you all, an epilogue I owe everyone.
I love you all, and thank you so much. Your support and kind words have meant more to me than I could ever describe. You've all been so awesome to me but it's time to draw this variation of my story to a close.
<3
Lots of love,
Livvielove.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The End - The Epilogue
« Reply #1079 on: November 16, 2016, 03:55:56 AM »
The End: The Epilogue

There was a humming noise that awoke one man from his slumber.
Where was he at?
He couldn't say. It felt familiar but he knew he had never been there before. He frowned to himself. What was his name? He couldn't think of it. It didn't matter anyways. He swallowed as he pushed himself off of his stomach from where he lay. The breeze was creating a gentle music. That seemed strange.

Did it?
No, that was normal. Everything felt harmonious, and he was at peace.
But he wasn't. Something was missing, and he needed to find it. He stood carefully for a moment as he gathered his bearings. Where was he going? He was going to find what he was missing.
How did he know he was missing something?
He just knew.

He walked carefully, feeling the grass between his toes. It was a nice feeling to him. The world was quiet save for the music on the breeze - and... laughter?
It was familiar laughter. He followed it carefully as he walked forward towards an easel that felt familiar too.

The flowers were bright and shining - beautiful and radiant yellow. He was missing something.

"Hello, my sweet." Her voice was like lightning into his heart. He had found what he was missing. He had found the other piece of himself.
He breathed for what felt like the first time. "My heart."

She carefully held her hand out to him and he carefully took it in his.

He would never be without her again. His heart. His life. His soul. His sanity.

He lifted her into the air and spun her around.

And he was finally at peace.

Fin.

anything