Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 327459 times)

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
  • The Watcher Of Logan Foster
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The Verdict
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2013, 05:18:30 PM »
When's the next update? It's killing me to know!!  :o

Avery :)
If You Need A Call, Get A Phone.

- Avery

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2013, 08:40:05 PM »
CALLED IT. EMRIN WON. DON'T MESS WITH A REAPER!!!

Who am I kidding, you wouldn't actually let one of the kids get taken away. It was going to work out perfectly. I love that you brought Asher into the picture though! I can't help but feel though that not wanting anything to do with your child means 'nothing' not 'let him know me as a friend'. If you didn't want to know the kid, you don't want to know the kid. The end. I can only hope his mindset begins to change. =D Noten is an angel!
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2013, 08:58:39 PM »
Children are innocent anyway, we adult should learn more from them. They had quality that we lost when we grow up and all of us have that in their age. I love Asher more than Felix, he’s good and have father material than somebody who just barking away along the way ;)

I can't wait to see someone lose face on detail looks in the next update. Great... nah, Awesome update, Livvie! ;D
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2013, 09:45:59 PM »
I love Asher! He has a good father material; he looks so different from someone that we know. I just wonder why he didn't want to start a family with Emrin. Don't tell me that Asher is swing in another way as his reason ::) I’ll be loved to know what his reason is, if you don’t mind.

But, I love Emrin more with Glitch though. You’re doing well with balancing the character personality that would be heir. This is what you should create at the beginning to avoid favoritism among reader, so at one point reader would be thinking over who is the one who suitable to be a heir. I hope that  you’ll do that too in the future, it would be interesting when reader hard to choose the heir because everyone has their own reason both with their strength and weaknesses.

I wish for the good news, Livvie! I can't wait to hear it!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

karlissa

« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »
I've just found this story and I must say, it's absolutely fantastic! Keep on going, I'll be watching like a hawk for updates :D.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Daily Life
« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2013, 07:09:59 PM »
When's the next update? It's killing me to know!!  :o

Avery :)
Right now!

CALLED IT. EMRIN WON. DON'T MESS WITH A REAPER!!!

Who am I kidding, you wouldn't actually let one of the kids get taken away. It was going to work out perfectly. I love that you brought Asher into the picture though! I can't help but feel though that not wanting anything to do with your child means 'nothing' not 'let him know me as a friend'. If you didn't want to know the kid, you don't want to know the kid. The end. I can only hope his mindset begins to change. =D Noten is an angel!
Haha, yeah, no. Good for story telling, very hard to replicate with the game the way it is. Asher will be in and out of the picture, but I can't promise he'll be around very much. He was a tormented teen when Emrin found him and straightened him up, but his view of kids hasn't seemed to have changed much - though he and Noten are good friends.
Noten really is an angel though, he is the eldest and acts that way, though the boys age up together I often find myself having them assume the rolls of big-brother, little-brother just because Noten always seems to take the personality of the laid-back, calm and responsible older brother while Atrox is a little scattered and a tad childish (which is fine, he is a child, but Noten always acts older to me).
I mean, I know they're sims, and they are what I want them to be, essentially, but sometimes I swear they develop personalities of their own accord. It doesn't take very long for me to write their stories because they tend to write it for me!

Children are innocent anyway, we adult should learn more from them. They had quality that we lost when we grow up and all of us have that in their age. I love Asher more than Felix, he’s good and have father material than somebody who just barking away along the way ;)

I can't wait to see someone lose face on detail looks in the next update. Great... nah, Awesome update, Livvie! ;D

I completely agree with that statement. If we responded like children to more things in life I doubt there would be so much hate in the world... politics and adult stuff aside, Asher is a much more responsible adult than Felix - even though Felix is supposed to be older, Asher is a teen when you start up a game in Oasis Landing! Thank you though for always commenting! I always appreciate when I see you comment on here. I'm grateful to all of my readers but I love hearing feedback and everyone is always so kind.

I love Asher! He has a good father material; he looks so different from someone that we know. I just wonder why he didn't want to start a family with Emrin. Don't tell me that Asher is swing in another way as his reason ::) I’ll be loved to know what his reason is, if you don’t mind.

But, I love Emrin more with Glitch though. You’re doing well with balancing the character personality that would be heir. This is what you should create at the beginning to avoid favoritism among reader, so at one point reader would be thinking over who is the one who suitable to be a heir. I hope that  you’ll do that too in the future, it would be interesting when reader hard to choose the heir because everyone has their own reason both with their strength and weaknesses.

I wish for the good news, Livvie! I can't wait to hear it!

Asher actually has a girlfriend at the moment in game, not Emrin though. He was honestly one of the first guys I thought about marrying Emrin to from the start, but none of them really... fit. If that makes any sense. I would visit house after house with her, looking for the "attraction" signs, and while some people had it with her... none of them seemed worthy. Glitch was an idea I stumbled into by accident, but he fit, it was just a moment where (and I'll quote what my mother usually says during Romantic Movies): "They just knew." (She always says that right at the moment when the two lovers of a movie reunite or confess their love, that they "just knew" they loved each other.)
I'm glad that I've kept the favoritism down this time, not that I mind it at all... I think it's kind of nice when you have people who have their reasons for liking one person over the other. I've basically mapped out the all of the next few generations depending on who wins... I've got a pretty cool story line I really, really want to mess around with. I really wanna tell someone about it, but I can't because that would RUIN the awesomeness of it all.
Ahem, anyways.

I've just found this story and I must say, it's absolutely fantastic! Keep on going, I'll be watching like a hawk for updates :D.
Thank you so much! I'm very glad I've interested you!

Anyways, I am just going to say before I start the update that I recently got a job... unfortunately Simming Professionally doesn't make very much money so I actually had to get a job (lol, I'm kidding, of course, I was always looking for one). While this job occured very abruptly, I'm always open to new opportunities. I'm not sure if I've ever spoken to anyone directly in this thread about what I do, but I am a cosmetologist, I do hair for a living. I'm living in the city doing some odd hours so I'm not sure how well I'll adjust to this new job. As for my schedule this week, I have family christmas away from home with my boyfriend's side tomorrow and the next day, and my family is taking up this upcoming weekend. I start my job on Friday, and my family is dropping my supplies off thursday. *phew* Anyways, not that you really need to know my whole life schedule.
- In short, I'm busy this week. In long... ^ read that. I am updating today as this is the last day I am for sure that I have time to update. I usually manage to find time when I get busy, but this message is a precaution just in case I am suddenly working all days late into the evenings and I just come home and crash next to my love.
That (hopefully) shouldn't happen, that message is just in case it does.

Erhm, sorry, the moment you've all been waiting for is processing in my brain, so I'm going to show you two pictures I know a LOT of people anticipated.

I BET YOU CAN'T TELL WHO THESE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN COME FROM!?

That's right. Falor and Demi had twins. Miles and Annie. Anyways, the update...

Daily Life
Now that the brothers no longer had to fear their separation, they began to grow closer than ever. The verdict to allow Emrin full custody of her children had been one of the best things to ever happen to those boys, and to the two guardians who loved them. Noten and Atrox grew to be quite the pair.

They're brothers, best friends, and playmates.

Both had big dreams and plans for their life.
Atrox wanted to fly to the moon. He wanted to live on another planet and to do anything and everything he could with the sciences.

Noten, on the other hand, wanted to take life a little easier. He wanted to lay around in the bright sands by the beach. He wanted to own several boats and not have to deal with anyone else's thoughts or rules unless he chose to.
Emrin loved and hated watching her little boys grow up. It felt like just yesterday the children were calling for her from their cribs and now they were days away from their teen birthday. Emrin worried for their schooling. She hoped their would be time for them to earn their keeps, so she took them back with her to Monte Vista to gather some more education.
The boys weren't overly thrilled that their first greeting back in the past was a notebook and pencils with makeup work inside.

Agnes was still there from her last visit, though she didn't even remember them being gone. Emrin just hugged her grandma and told her to not worry so much about things like that. Agnes was starting to lose her memories a little, but she always had time to read her great-grandchild a story to sleep.

She still has the "best mom" award down in my mind, though Emrin and Raven both come up very close behind.

It was the weekend in the middle of a Monte Vistan summer. Glitch began tutoring Noten in the living room while Atrox got some play in.

Though Atrox could only laugh at his brother's misfortune for so long before Glitch rounded Atrox over to sharpen his skills.

The boys enjoyed their time and finished out the weekend playing together.

And playing with their Uncle Vince (Dexter's younger brother, Vince, his father was Luigi, you may remember the time when Khang might've persuaded a young Ms. Monty to leave a certain Luigi? Well, she was heavily pregnant at that time with Vince. Just to put the timeline in place).

The boys slept peacefully on their last night as children. They would go to school tomorrow, come home and age up... it would be a very busy day indeed.

Neither one of the boys worried about heirship or their future... they were both content that their lives would be fulfilled.

Emrin never had the heart to explain to her children that they wouldn't be able to share as much as they did now when they grew older. She knew she couldn't avoid the subject much longer though.

For those who were ever concerned for Glitch and Emrin, you shouldn't worry. They're as romantic as ever. Even if their relationship is mainly on an intellectual basis. They love being in each other's company... and even though they can never have what some "normal" couples do, they were happy even still.

Emrin and Glitch had gone out for a day and they both ran into Demi carrying her little Annie.

I want to take a moment to admire the very amazing thing that is genetics. Oh, those eyes!
Erhm, the watcher is done flipping out over gorgeous Imaginary Friend genetics.
Life with the Reapers had become very calm and happy.
The boys got home from school to their birthday cakes, and I'll let those do the talking for the most part.

Noten aged up into his usually relaxed self.

Atrox decided to go with more style.
Both boys gained the Proper trait in accordance to Reaper Law.
Emrin watched her beautiful boys age with tears in her eyes. Everytime they grew closer she couldn't help but worry about this legacy tearing them apart. The poll wasn't that day, but Emrin could feel it breathing down her neck. She had no clue who the readers would choose, and she wasn't sure she wanted to know.

Her goofy boys were becoming men. That alone is enough to break a mother's heart.

A friendly reminder as a poll grows nearer
To Recap!
Noten: Loves the Heat, Sailor, Party Animal, Proper. Isla Paradiso.
Atrox: Loves the Outdoors, Easily Impressed, Bot Fan, Proper. Lunar Lakes.

Oh, and one last thing before we close here:
Laron Reaper.

Let's have a guess at who his parents are (though to me it's quite obvious, I'm not sure how obvious it will be to everyone else).
The family tree is updated fully, the answer to who Laron's parents IS on there, but let's be honest when guessing if you wish to participate in the no-prize-winning guessing game! Though asides from Laron, there isn't any unknown information on there. You can check out who's-dating-who (Isolde and Isabel have found lovers that I haven't yet been able to include, Cain is continuously showing off how happy he is with Paola and their two children.
All pictures on the Family tree are of those children as Young Adults. The only people who do not have pictures/not included are either because they are: 1. a child but part of the contending for heirship, so I wait until they are fully grown to add shots. 2. I can't seem to find them anywhere. 3. I didn't really feel like going into depth on 3rd/4th half, step, in-laws three-times-removed in the tree. :P

Anyways, thank you kindly for reading my rants. Happy Holidays! Feel free to comment, ask questions, throw in your best guess at Laron and speculate the heir poll! :D

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »
I'd love to reply your awesome reply but I'm afraid when I'm excited about something my action would only lead into trouble ::) Well, let just say that I can't wait to seek the awesomeness that you're talking about ;)

Is that really true when people send Sims into the future the present will freeze? How about people who use Traveler mod? Did the time will still freeze? I'm curious about that part, could you help me Livvie? Another thing, I heard that people having trouble about couldn't finish opportunity about Jet Fly or whatever it is called, or simple just can't complete wish related to it. I read it in TS3 Forum, did the mods cause it? If yes what kind of mods? I haven't got mine yet anyway, but my curiosity always tickles me.

That would be more awesome if you include their older life stage :P I'm really glad to know that they have all kind of costumes, if not one of them would end up like Malcolm, bwahaha. So Atrox want to live in Lunar Oops? and Noten want to live in Isla Owwie?

Glad that you consider Agnes as Best Mom, some people just unbelievably make Agnes as cruel person. I also enjoy their moments together, I also can’t believe that Noten could become awesome as Atrox, I suppose that some awesomeness could be find in later years isn’t it?

Ha! I was right about their destination! Yippee!

Haha, the face about Noten and Atrox being together were priceless! I love that! I'm grown weary as I reading stories and writing my own and real world involvement too, I guess that I could finish the rest for tomorrow. Yawn... G'night, Livvie and thank you for the bedtime story, sorry, I just too tired to participate about guessing time…

My Stories:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2013, 10:19:26 PM »
I'd love to reply your awesome reply but I'm afraid when I'm excited about something my action would only lead into trouble ::) Well, let just say that I can't wait to seek the awesomeness that you're talking about ;)

Is that really true when people send Sims into the future the present will freeze? How about people who use Traveler mod? Did the time will still freeze? I'm curious about that part, could you help me Livvie? Another thing, I heard that people having trouble about couldn't finish opportunity about Jet Fly or whatever it is called, or simple just can't complete wish related to it. I read it in TS3 Forum, did the mods cause it? If yes what kind of mods? I haven't got mine yet anyway, but my curiosity always tickles me.

That would be more awesome if you include their older life stage :P I'm really glad to know that they have all kind of costumes, if not one of them would end up like Malcolm, bwahaha. So Atrox want to live in Lunar Oops? and Noten want to live in Isla Owwie?

Glad that you consider Agnes as Best Mom, some people just unbelievably make Agnes as cruel person. I also enjoy their moments together, I also can’t believe that Noten could become awesome as Atrox, I suppose that some awesomeness could be find in later years isn’t it?

Ha! I was right about their destination! Yippee!

Haha, the face about Noten and Atrox being together were priceless! I love that! I'm grown weary as I reading stories and writing my own and real world involvement too, I guess that I could finish the rest for tomorrow. Yawn... G'night, Livvie and thank you for the bedtime story, sorry, I just too tired to participate about guessing time…

Ok, let's see if I can answer your questions without missing one!
Is that really true when people send Sims into the future the present will freeze? - Yes. It's kind of a pain.
How about people who use Traveler mod? - I don't use Twallan's Traveler, so I can't tell you an honest and correct answer to that.
Another thing, I heard that people having trouble about couldn't finish opportunity about Jet Fly or whatever it is called, or simple just can't complete wish related to it. - Mine has worked every time, I've not had issues with any of the mods I have (Story Progression, Master Controller, Errortrap, Overwatch... and several other factors off of Master Controller and Story progression. I also have a lot of "fix" mods, "fixes" for doors that look weird, portrait fixers, the tree of prosperity fixers/toddler swing fixes... pretty much).
Agnes is the best mom in my opinion, she's always been very good with kids and not in the overbearing way some sims can be (waking kids up in the middle of the night for cuddling). When Demi died originally, Agnes came to the pool later and comforted Falor. She's just shown up at all the right places and been maternal to anyone in the family.
That is enough proof that Agnes isn't as bad as everyone thinks she is.
But yes! Atrox is headed for space and Noten will be hitting the beach.
Haha, that's ok about the guessing game, I'm sure someone will try! Rest well Eld, thank you for always commenting and supporting my story! :)

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2013, 10:24:52 PM »
Interesting daily life story, I love their moments together and they're like real brother although that they're only half-siblings. I guess that's right about blood isn't everything. I'm glad to see Agnes still make her apperance even that she's already old, you made her a good impression, actually I pick Agnes for my project because she deserved more than being a slave alone and pairing her up with someone, for me Agnes true love is Erik alone, but that doesn't mean that if I see Agnes in someone story not with Erik I'll rage and berserk and forsaken their place :P So, I made her to have a noble job to taking care unfortunate children including Hunter. She'd be Mom for everyone include Hunter, haha.

I just love when Atrox blows the candle look at his eyes; it looks like (-_-) haha. I also love the picture that they take together, that was able to make me laugh. And Noten is surprisingly good when he aged up, I'm not kidding.

Her goofy boys were becoming men. That alone is enough to break a mother's heart.

I was laughing at this part! Of course they're becoming men, that would be weird if them both become an okama or effeminate men :P

To be honest, I don't know whose child that but maybe he's my favourite child from someone that I fighting for all this time? When I look at him, remind me of Raven and Khang. Haha, maybe I am right but if I am wrong, no punishment right? :P
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #249 on: December 24, 2013, 06:39:10 PM »
Thank you for the reply, Livvie.

That was so sweet of you, I love that you make Agnes that way; she never had her chance to show the kindness inside her heart. Of course, I'll always supporting as I remember about what you're saying to me this is the first time that you're really going this far, and you also mention in what’s your current project too as I read your post that this project really meaningful for you.

If my comment alone could make you go as far as you could until you reach the finish line. I'll be glad to do that just for you, but I am here mostly because I really enjoying your story, Livvie. And I learn so much from your story; well I gained new terms for my vocabulary even I still don't know the proper way to use that, lol.

I also enjoy other people stories but no one of them could replace your uniqueness when telling story, remember that. Even that I’m not commenting yet, remember that I’ll always come here until you reach your goal :)

My Stories:

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #250 on: December 25, 2013, 06:51:07 PM »
I may have to duck out of this poll. Because I will not be able to decide. Both boys aged up wonderfully! Genetics. Such fantastic genetics, even if there was an annoyingly stupid, custody stealing father involved. Such a sweet, happy little daily life though! I'm glad to see that everything is falling nicely into place. And I just play to the Sim Gods that nothing will tear them apart. I know for story purposes it would be 'better' if they got into conflicts post heirship, unlike their predecessors. But I don't want them to v.v

I just got 'Into the Future' for Christmas, so I can't wait to play around with it. I currently have Bella and Mortimer Goth living in Midnight Hollow as my off-family/play testers so I'll be seeing what can be done with them. Any tips maybe? Or am I going in blind? Blind is fun. But also scary XD

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #251 on: December 25, 2013, 11:49:06 PM »
Thank you for the reply, Livvie.

That was so sweet of you, I love that you make Agnes that way; she never had her chance to show the kindness inside her heart. Of course, I'll always supporting as I remember about what you're saying to me this is the first time that you're really going this far, and you also mention in what’s your current project too as I read your post that this project really meaningful for you.

If my comment alone could make you go as far as you could until you reach the finish line. I'll be glad to do that just for you, but I am here mostly because I really enjoying your story, Livvie. And I learn so much from your story; well I gained new terms for my vocabulary even I still don't know the proper way to use that, lol.

I also enjoy other people stories but no one of them could replace your uniqueness when telling story, remember that. Even that I’m not commenting yet, remember that I’ll always come here until you reach your goal :)
Thank you Eld, that means a lot to me. :) I know I said this before but Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :)

I may have to duck out of this poll. Because I will not be able to decide. Both boys aged up wonderfully! Genetics. Such fantastic genetics, even if there was an annoyingly stupid, custody stealing father involved. Such a sweet, happy little daily life though! I'm glad to see that everything is falling nicely into place. And I just play to the Sim Gods that nothing will tear them apart. I know for story purposes it would be 'better' if they got into conflicts post heirship, unlike their predecessors. But I don't want them to v.v

I just got 'Into the Future' for Christmas, so I can't wait to play around with it. I currently have Bella and Mortimer Goth living in Midnight Hollow as my off-family/play testers so I'll be seeing what can be done with them. Any tips maybe? Or am I going in blind? Blind is fun. But also scary XD
Merry Christmas Mizzilee! Happy Holidays! :) The boys really are genetic beauties. It's such an interesting turn of events these boys are. I'm excited to see where the poll will lead. As for the boys staying friendly, I honestly don't want them to either. I think as a writer it can be a very conflicting thing when doing stories with Sims. I often see this great story and want to write it out but when I get on my Sims have total other ideas. I try to follow what those crazy Sims do, but other times I do stretch out - like Demi's story or Emrin's court. I guess we'll just have to see where those sims take me!
Into the Future - Take it slow when going through into the future. If you use mods (such as Story Progression by Twallan) be prepared to run into bill payments on the base camp (or maybe that was just a glitch I ran into). Oh, and I would take it a little at a time. Try to learn and understand Advance Technology skill first, I didn't and I struggled. It seems like you need A.T. to do anything in the future. Also, when you start to explore other things, I like to take my time and do it piece by piece to get to full experience, but that might just be me. I feel like when I run in and try everything at once I miss out on a lot. There's a lot of little things.

DON'T IGNORE THE MAIN QUEST GIVEN BY EMIT. THAT'S A LIFESAVER ON GAINING ADVANCE TECHNOLOGY FASTER! Haha, if you just follow his quests for a while you'll gain experience in that skill as reward for all the opportunities you complete. Consider doing that to get started as Advance technology is one of the only skills that doesn't have a way to "grind" it up (there aren't skill books and there is no way to steadily gain advance technology... those holo-projectors with the sprites in them gives you chunks at a time, but you would have to spend HOURS talking/cleaning them to get anywhere. Anyways, that's my tips for ItF.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Learning to Grow Up - Heir Poll
« Reply #252 on: December 31, 2013, 04:07:22 PM »
Ok, quick announcement before the next chapter goes up... this is the heir poll because my game is starting to lag out pretty bad.

Anyways, apologies to everyone for the long wait in between chapters. I have been pretty sick lately and a little depressed from my current situation with rejections (job wise, no fun). I have a great support team in my family and my wonderful boyfriend who's been helping me get better slowly, but as you can tell it's been hard for me to play games with so much on my mind. Anyways, I'm sorry that this chapter of Emrin will be wrapped up so quickly, but my game is suffering and needs to move on.

Learning to Grow Up
Emrin sat her boys down for the talk after they aged up.

"So, you're saying that only one of us will actually go forward and continue the line?" Atrox asked quietly.
"No, I'm saying only one of you will be Watched. Whomever wins the poll at the Young Adult age will take Bear, the other brother, Glitch and I along with other respective family members to the town of your choosing. We will all move out, except for Bear - the Watcher's eyes - and you will carry on the family line. You both are the forth generation. The Watcher wants at least 6 more out of us after you. It is the Reaper's destiny."
The boys looked stunned.

Noten cleared his throat. "Does this mean we're... rivals?"
Emrin frowned a hard line. "I would certainly hope not. You two have been best friends since you were toddlers, I would hate to see your friendship broken over something like this. I hope you will be happy for each other, and stay friends until you're both old."
While their conversation grew quiet, a small garage was being built with a few interesting piece for the brothers to dabble in during their few teen years.

After dinner and the talk with Emrin, the boys both scuttled out into their new place of seclusion. Neither had said a word to the other since they were told that it would only be one of them who would go on after these final days.

In fact, it wasn't until the boys were resting in bed that Noten finally said something.

"I hope it's you that wins." Noten said quietly.
Atrox looked at his brother with big eyes. "Why would you say something like that?"
"Because you're my brother, my best friend."
Atrox half smiled at his brother. "You're the one who deserves to win, you were born first."
"Birthright means nothing here." Noten said. "You're smart, you've got good ideas. The world should hear them."
"I'm not the only one with ideas." Atrox retorted. "If I won, I'd be taking you far away from anywhere you'd actually want to be. No scuba diving... no boating... no beaches or parties. At least, if you won... I know I could find happiness on an Island moreso than you would on the moon."
Noten didn't have an answer to that. It was always his dream to sleep on the sunny sands of a bright beach somewhere, to look up over the oceans and save lives from drowning. There would be nothing like that for him on another planet. Especially not the moon. Noten finally spoke up, "wanna go have some fun?"
"It's a school night..."
"So? We're only young once!"
Atrox shared a devious look with his brother before hopping out of bed. "Let's do it."

"I'm pretty sure this is illegal on so many levels!" Atrox whispered loudly while holding back giggles.
Gino Rivers-Ferrari came bumbling out, muttering about stupid kids while the boys hid in the bushes, giggling softly to each other.
Noten and Atrox snuck off after Gino went back inside and took off for the beach. It was getting later and later but they didn't mind. They stayed out and talked until the early hours of the morning.

As they skipped stones, Atrox looked at his brother, "I'll be happy no matter who wins, just don't forget about me if you do." He chuckled. Noten looked at him grinning.
"I'd never forget about you, bro. You'll always be my best friend."

Glitch and Emrin had won a free vacation that must have been around the world, seeing as they left at 2 am that morning. Of coruse, Noten and Atrox were respectable boys, so when they threw their teen party they were sure that they invited only half of the towns teenage populace.
The rest of them showed up of their own accord. They simply couldn't help it.

Atrox immediately felt his gut clench when he saw the most beautiful sim-girl he'd ever seen before walking right through his living room.

Of course there was a line waiting just to talk to Keli, let alone dance with her.

Uncle Macklemore Ezran showed up, seeing as all that time spent in Oasis Landing left him still a teen (which I promptly fixed the next day... no need to have Emrin being a full-fledged adult while her half-brother is still a teen).

Atrox felt a small sting of pain when Keli flocked to his brother rather than notice the quiet green-haired boy in the corner.

Noten, was often surrounded by a lot of girls waiting to dance with him. He would whip out his guitar and serenade the ladies of the room. However, he's not blind to his brother's wants either.
"Hi, so you're... Atrox right? Cool name."
"Hi-i... hi, Keli!" Atrox looked like his knees were about to give.

"Your brother said you're a pretty good dancer, is that right?"
"H-e-he did? Oh, I mean, he did. Yeah." He cleared his throat. "Of course he did, I am." He grinned sheepishly.
The two danced quietly together while Noten went around serving drinks and impressing more girls. It just came naturally to him. He winked at his brother as he walked passed the dancing couple. Once the song ended the two boys decided to drop the girls and spend some quality bonding time together.

Even though a line had piled up for Noten as a dance partner he ignored them all just to spend time with his brother.
He knew that after school the next day that none of those girls would matter. When he and Atrox took their cakes he wouldn't have these people surrounding him, supporting him. He would only have Atrox, and Atrox would have him. They would be becoming young adults and throwing themselves to the readers for the vote... and he deep down he was terrified. They had been through so much together and now it felt like they would be saying goodbye forever. He knew it didn't have to be that way, but tomorrow only one of them would be achieving their dreams.

Noten went up first, the tension weighed on both boys shoulders.

Followed by Atrox.

Who will take the torch?
Noten, the carefree, laid-back beachy boy that aspires to be the master of Charisma and Guitar?
Or Atrox, the studious, socially-awkward boy that aspires to be the master Bot-Builder?

Noten Reaper: Loves the Heat, Sailor, Party Animal, Proper, Great Kisser. Island Paradise. Golden Fingers, Golden Tongue.
Atrox Reaper: Easily Impressed, Loves the Outdoors, Bot-Fan, Proper, Socially Awkward. Lunar Lakes. More Than A Machine.

Voting Closed - Thank you for Voting!

Voting will be open until January 2nd at noon Central Time (for reference, it is 3:00pm as I post this in Central Time).

Choose Wisely!

Also, Laron Reaper's parents? Raven and Khang.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #253 on: January 01, 2014, 03:38:42 AM »
Always put real life first, Livvie. =3 I hope that everything you're going through looks up. It's the New Year! NEW BEGINNINGS.

You've made this way to hard a decision...way way way to hard. But I voted! Somehow, I voted. I really hope their relationship holds up.

Offline Pernille

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #254 on: January 01, 2014, 08:14:55 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your job situations but as Mizzilee said I hope that everything will look up for you in the new year:)

Anyways I couldn't help but vote for Atrox. I would love to see how his children turns out and I think Lunar Lakes seems like a fun place to explore.