Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 323446 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Madhouse Rules (Town Poll)
« Reply #465 on: April 27, 2014, 07:47:12 PM »
I'm excited to see where they end up!
Voted, I also can't wait to see where they end up next! And another great chapter!
What a fun twist, and totally unexpected! I'm curious to see what part of themselves is lost to each generation. So begins the decent into madness!  ;D
Oh nice, I love the way you've tied in the legacy with the story. I've made my vote and can't wait to see where they end up!
Oooooh, interesting. Can't wait to see what happens to Mary!

Thank you all so much! Wow, the poll appears to be booming! I'm excited to see where you'll send them! Thank you all for taking time out to respond! :)

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Madhouse Rules (Town Poll)
« Reply #466 on: April 27, 2014, 11:21:53 PM »
The story(legacy) is getting very excited. Can't wait to see what happen next.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Tie-Breaker (Please Vote Again!)
« Reply #467 on: April 30, 2014, 01:04:27 PM »
The story(legacy) is getting very excited. Can't wait to see what happen next.
Thank you! I'm glad that it's exciting!

And, so, you all are completely insane. (Haha, I kid, of course).
I went to check the poll an hour ago, and Bridgeport was in the lead, so I thought "Oh, ok, but I'll leave it up, you never know."
Now it's tied. So, in honor of fairness, here is a tie-breaker. It will be up until tomorrow, because I really want to play this family already!  ::) Hehe, anyways, best of luck, Moonlight Falls vs. Bridgeport.

Voting Closed, thank you for Participating!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Confessions
« Reply #468 on: May 02, 2014, 05:31:17 PM »
I'm so sorry for the delay guys (well, it probably doesn't feel like a delay to you, but it does to me, seeing as I got the screenshots for this yesterday and I like to update as soon as I can once I do so the ideas are fresh), I played yesterday and got an update ready, but when I went to post it I started to feel totally crappy. I've been like that these past few days with sickness. I get bursts of energy then I just have to lay down for the rest of the day.
Anywho, while my burst of energy lasts.

Confessions
Mary felt heavy, the room was crowded and everyone was dancing. Where was she? She couldn't remember getting there. Suddenly she was moving too, swirling... dancing. Alec had a hold of her and they were dancing through the crowd. She felt herself getting dizzier and dizzier. She closed her eyes for a moment. "What's the matter?"
The voice was different than Alec though. Mary's eyes shot open and there was Thomas where Alec once stood. His face grew more and more thin, his eyes sinking in. His voice had an echo. "I'm sick, Mary."
"No!" She cried out as Thomas disappeared into the earth - in his place was his grave. She looked around and she was in the graveyard. She fell to her knees, she could hear so many different voices calling out to her.
She heard Edward, "he's a womanizer, he won't love you the way Thomas did!"
Thomas kept calling out to her, "Mary, why did you leave me?"
There were so many others, the sound of her mother, the words her father told her at the bar. She covered her ears in an attempt to drown it out but it was coming from within her. "STOP IT!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. "STOP!" She was running, and running and...
"Mary! Mary! Wake up! Mary!"
Her eyes jerked open and Alec was holding her down to the bed. The sheets were wrapped around her and she had real tears flowing from her eyes. Alec pulled her close to him "it was just a dream, Mary."
Edward came flying into the room, shirtless and drowsy, holding a candlestick like a weapon he looked around. "What happened?!" He slurred, trying his best to not sound as sleepy as he was.
"I just had a nightmare, Ed, I'm fine." Mary said, wiping her face.
"Are you sure it wasn't Trebo? I'll beat you to a pulp if it was!" Edward pointed the candlestick at Alec, who just held his hands up like he was being pulled over by the cops.
"No, it wasn't Ed, go back to sleep." She mumbled to him. He simply shrugged, gave Alec one last glaring look and left.
Mary caught her breath but didn't say anything, she just leaned in close to Alec as he returned to comforting her.
Slowly, she caught her bearings, Alec was already dressed, and it was only six in the morning. "Why... why are you dressed?" She looked at him with her eyes red from the tears.
"That's a long story..." He said sheepishly. Mary also noticed that a chair had been moved in from the dining room and was sat in the corner of the room. It had Alec's jacket on it like he had been there.
"Could you not sleep?" Mary asked, confused.
"I guess you could say that." Alec said gruffly, his eyes looked worn though in a way she hadn't seen before. Alec got off the bed and put his jacket back on. Mary slowly untangled herself and started to get off the bed when she heard familiar words. "I have something I need to tell you, Mary."
Thomas flashed in front of her eyes, she swallowed hard and leaned over for a moment.

"Mary?" Alec asked, more unsure now.
"Sorry, I was just remembering something." Her voice was low as she spoke.
"What did you remember?"
"Thomas said something similar to me right before he told me he was sick." She put her hand to her head and shook out the memories. She felt haunted for some reason.

Alec was silent as he watched her get up and stare out the window. He had thought about how he would explain this to her all night but at the moment all of the explanations he had in mind had disappeared. "The news has as much gravity, but it's nothing like that." He said quietly. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to get you worked up, I just got word in from my father last night."
"Your... father?" Mary asked slowly as she turned to face him. "I didn't hear your phone ring though..." Mary was trying to remember if she heard him get up last night, but couldn't think of anything, she was too busy in her nightmare.
"He doesn't communicate like that... he's..." Alec looked off to the side and tried really hard to think of the best explanation. "He's clinically insane."
Mary suddenly pulled herself out of her slump, "oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize..."
"He likes to meddle with a lot of things, so he sent my sister-in-law here to rile me up. Unfortunately, doing so caused him to find out about you, and well, my feelings for you, so I had to go visit him for a bit to fix the situation." Not all false, he thought to himself, just the fact that he left out that they were all insanely powerful magical beings, with a literal emphasis on the insane part.
"Fix? Is he nearby? Does he not like me?" Mary walked over to him.
"No Mary, it's nothing like that. I just... I have a lot to explain to you, that's all. I just... I need you to bear with me, ok? It's going to sound totally, well, insane, but it all goes back to my dad." He said quietly.
"What's with all the secrecy?" Mary asked strangely. "I just get the feeling you're not telling the whole story."
Alec raised his eyebrows with general surprise, "that's because the whole story is twisted and sickening and very, very insane." He said feeling defeated. "I get the feeling you're going to run from me as soon as you hear the whole thing."
Mary soon raised her eyes at him and gave him a sassy smile, "is that a challenge?" She asked teasingly, only Alec was very, very serious. "Ok, I'll keep my mind open."
It may take more than that...
Alec tried to ignore the Watcher, but he knew she was right. "My family isn't very normal." He started, this was going to be one convoluted explanation.
"Oh, your family isn't normal? I'm running for the hills, Alec, and taking my resurrected father, my immortal dog and my immense magical powers I got from my great-great-grandmother with me." Mary laughed. "Don't even get me started on Edward, either."
Alec smiled a little, but he still was overcome with worry, he finally just grabbed her hand and put it up to his heart. "What do you feel?" He asked calmly.
"Your heartbeat, silly." She smiled, and suddenly her smile faded, "and something else. Something... like..." Alec looked at her with pleading eyes as Mary's eyes grew wide. "You're... a magic user?" She asked suddenly.
Alec looked tormented, he nodded slowly with his eyes closed.
"Why didn't you say anything?" Mary asked, she didn't seem angry or upset, she almost seemed relieved. "I could use someone to spar with!" She laughed.
"That's not just it Mary, I'm not just a magic user. I'm... I just... I need to show you." He finally said. Mary looked away for a moment, trying to understand why he was being so cryptic.

"Ok then," she said slowly, "show me."
"Not here!" He looked over his shoulder like someone was watching him. "Get dressed, and I'll tell you everything you want to know." He finally said.
Mary ran through the shower and got dressed, only to find Alec sitting hunched over on the same dining chair when she emerged. She put her hand on his shoulder and he jerked up. He seemed to calm when he realized it was just her - he really must have had a rough night, Mary thought idly.
They took a long walk out to the sea, Alec had begun to explain that his father had had very many wives, and that his mother was the last of them. "All of my siblings are just half-siblings really. My dad was a very, very powerful wizard. All of his children were so magically inclined that they left their mother's barren after their first child with him. He has four children in total - at least, four that he recognizes as his. There's Deliro and Kefka - they're like twins, even though Deliro's older. They're pretty funny once you get to know them, but they're not quite all the way there either, the only time they ever seem to be fully functional is when they're together." Alec paused to laugh, remembering all the madness they caused. They were like the fun side of his father, almost. "My oldest brother is Sheogorath." There was a bitterness in his voice. "We don't tend to get along very well." He said, clenching his jaw.

"Why is that?" Mary asked, noticing his anger.
"Because of Nia," He paused, realizing using a pet name for her only made it worse. "Because of Mania." He corrected himself.
"A woman? Why am I not surprised?" Mary said flatly.
Alec swallowed hard and Mary realized there she probably shouldn't have said anything. "She wasn't just a woman. I once thought she was the woman. She was the woman before the womanizer in me came about, sometimes I think she's the reason I ended up becoming the womanizer I was. She was the first woman I can say I truly loved, but apparently, the love was one-sided." Alec has stopped, pain in his eyes. "I didn't know about that until the day before she married my brother."
"Wait... you didn't know she was engaged to your brother?"
"It happened all at once, in front of the entire family. She told me I wasn't suitable enough for marriage, and so she chose my brother over me. It's acceptable in my family to do that." He summed up.
Mary looked at him sympathetically. "So that's why..."
"I never wanted to open myself up for that humiliation ever again. It's just so much easier when I know all the answers and I'm the one in control. When I say what I want and I say when the relationship ends. It was boring after a while, because women become so predictable once you find the right words. Then I met you, and you changed all the rules." He said looking at her with deep eyes. By that point, they had arrived in front of the ocean, Mary was enjoying the feel of the ocean breeze.

He walked over and admired her for a moment. "My father is a very powerful man, and given that he's insane, it causes him to make some interesting choices. I'm just glad one of those choices let me meet you. But I guess I need to finally show you exactly what you're dealing with when you're with me, I don't think you'll like it."
He started walking down the pathway all the way down to the beach, Mary started to run to keep up with him, he was moving so fast.

"My father is Majnun, Mary."
The name sounded familiar to her, likely from stories she had heard or old legends. "Majnun?" She asked quietly.

He turned to face her. He let his skin fade and his eyes grow brighter. "Majnun, the god of magic and madness." He said quietly.
Mary's eyes grew wide, almost terrified. "What... what are you doing?!"

"This is who I really am, Mary. Aleccas Trebo, the son of the god of magic and a poor, broken mother. Now you understand what I mean when I tried to explain to you... my family isn't normal... I'm not normal, in fact, I don't even think I'm fully human." He spoke. He turned to face away from her again.
Mary tried to protest, to tell him that he wasn't going to scare her off with whatever this was, but suddenly she felt too nauseated to stand.

"Alec, I uh..." She tried to get his attention, the room started to spin.
Alec was rambling about how ashamed he felt of himself.
"Alec!" She finally called, but it was too late, she turned around and threw up in the bushes behind her.

"Mary? Mary! What's wrong?"
"I don't feel too good..." Mary said weakly.
It's just morning sickness, Mary, it's not the end of the world.
"What? Morning sickness?!" Mary's eyes went wide as she touched her stomach. "I'm... I'm..."
Pregnant. Sorry to interrupt Alec, but I think I should take it from here.
Alec looked away. Mary looked confused and a little angry, "wait, what's going on here?"
Don't be upset, Mary. Alec was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He got a visit from Mania last night telling him he needed to report in to his father. Alec's job is to report in to his father. His life is chained to his father's, so when his father calls to him, he must answer. It's the life of the children of a god. He went to report in, and I followed him. There's a lot we need to discuss, but I just thought I would vouch for Alec. He's had one rough night - well, one rough life. I don't envy anyone who had to be raised by such a crazy man. The watcher laughed.
"So... I'm pregnant with the blood of a mad god?" Mary asked suddenly feeling ill.
Alec smiled and shrugged sheepishly.
Unfortunately, the lineage between the two lines are merged at you two, the mad god will eventually die, and will be replaced by your descendants. I speculate it will be three or four generations from now though. I knew you were pregnant before Alec left, but when I was talking to Majnun and Alec was listening in, he learned of your pregnancy as well. I told him he had 24 hours to show himself to you as he really was or I would do it for him, as I didn't want you to be surprised when your child came out looking...
"Like this." Alec said, gesturing to himself with shame.
Anyways, I'll leave you two to work it out. I just thought I would confirm Alec's story. It's true, all of it.
Mary was speechless, she sat in the sand feeling weak and nauseated and completely blown away. Alec bent down and picked her up. "Hey!" She called, "I can walk you know."
"I know." He said quietly, "doesn't mean I'll let you." He said softly.

He carried her all the way back to the house in silence, not even bothering to change himself back to his normal state.
After Mary sat for a minute, she recovered the strength and finally she stood. "Well, Alec, I haven't run for the hills yet, now what?" She asked quietly with a smile on her face.
Alec had been pacing for a majority of the time that Mary recovered looked at her with relief in his eyes. "You mean that?"

"Of course I mean that. Even if your family is insane, it doesn't change how I feel about you." She said finally, "and like it or not it seems we'll have someone joining us."
"Ok then, let's do something crazy." Alec said with a grin.

"What kind of-"
"Marry me, Mary Reaper."

"Are you serious?" Mary asked with wide eyes. She couldn't help but feel a few tears getting ready to spring up.
"Yes, I'm very serious. I love you Mary Reaper. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You give me reason in my life. Please say yes." He gave his most charming smile and Mary laughed softly.
"Of course I'll say yes, you crazy man." She grinned.

"I love you, Mary." Alec smiled and hugged her close.
"I love you too, Alec." She said, feeling more right with those words than she ever had before. "Now it's my turn, would you like to do something even crazier?"
"What's that?"
"Let's get married today."
"Today?" Alec's eyes went wide. "Are you sure?"
"I'm about to get fat, bloated and have limited dress choice. Yes today!" She smiled.
"Today it is then!"
Mary ran upstairs and couldn't wait to tell her mother. "Mom! I need help picking out a wedding dress."
Edward poked his head out of his room and glared at her. "Please tell me you're not marrying..."
"Alec? I am." She said with a devilish grin. "Please don't be mad, Ed."
Edward sighed loudly and shook his head. "Mad? I'm not mad, but if he breaks your heart he's losing his legs."
Palmira stepped out with Noten and they squealed together, Edward just grumbled to his father about needing to up their supplies of torture devices. 
Yeeeesss! A wedding! I've been dying to do one of these for ages! Please, please, please let me do the decorating?
"Uh... are you sure Watcher?" Mary asked, but Palmira put a hand on her shoulder.
"Do it, Watcher. Trust me on this one."
Yay! I'll be back soon! Wheeeee!
Everyone got themselves new outfits and Alec called over the friends of the family.
I'm done! Squeee!

"Wow..." Mary spoke quietly.
"I told you dear, just trust in the Watcher, she's a great builder."
Aw, shucks, just don't ask for anything more than a functional house! Boxes are so in-style right now!
Downstairs, Alec finally asked Noten for permission to marry his daughter.

"All I want is for her to be happy, of course you have my permission."
Edward grumbled from far off and Alec tried to persuade him to think differently. "I'm done being a womanizer, Ed."
Edward smirked. "You better be done being a womanizer, especially if you'd like to walk ever again." He glared, and Alec took this time to give him some space.

Mary was almost finished getting ready, "so, I'm assuming you all saw Alec?" Mary asked her mother carefully.
"Don't worry dear, the watcher already explained it all to us. It might be weird for some of the extended family, but they'll get used to it. Oh! My baby's getting married!" Palmira started to wail.
"Mom!" Mary complained.
"I'm sorry! I can't help it. I'm a mom. I hear you'll be understanding that sooner than later though." Palmira gave a wide smile.
"Is there anything the watcher hasn't told you?!"
"Uh... probably not?" Palmira shrugged and hugged her. "You look so beautiful. I had a feeling you would like that dress. Oh! Everyone is waiting downstairs, that's your go! Even the Queen and King showed up, which surprised me, but I guess the war just seemed to work itself out? I don't know, something to do with Midnight Hollow retreating?"
Mary started to wonder what hand Alec had played in that, but she pushed the thoughts out of her head. "Let's go!"

Everyone was a little confused by the different looking groom, but no one wanted to disturb the wedding to ask.

Today they were just a blushing bride and groom.

Just a happy couple coming together.

But they had a unwelcome guest who was about to make an appearance.

Offline VioletG

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #469 on: May 02, 2014, 05:50:46 PM »
Oh no, no unwelcome guests! The wedding is beautiful, I like how Alec in his real form is such a contrast to Mary.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #470 on: May 02, 2014, 10:45:22 PM »
So, is Alec a demi-god, or was his mother also a goddess?
Loved the nice wedding shots and such.  It's nice that in the midst of such an unexpected revelation they can still just be a sweet, simple couple that is very much in love.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #471 on: May 02, 2014, 11:42:30 PM »
Oh no, no unwelcome guests! The wedding is beautiful, I like how Alec in his real form is such a contrast to Mary.
Thank you! I really like that too, the contrast is just beautiful.

So, is Alec a demi-god, or was his mother also a goddess?
Loved the nice wedding shots and such.  It's nice that in the midst of such an unexpected revelation they can still just be a sweet, simple couple that is very much in love.
His mother was human. The children of Majnun are highly powerful wizards. However, the strongest and most powerful is also insane, like his father. Alec, being the youngest, is also the weakest of them all, but he has maintained all of his sanity because of that, if that makes sense. I'll make sure to try to explain that in future, as I'm sure you're not the only one who wonders.
I loved doing the wedding. It's been a long time since I got to be a wedding planner for my Sims. I also wanted to be sure Mary could be a true bride before she switched to her maternity wear. I can't wait to meet their child. This next generation will be truly interesting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Eveline
« Reply #472 on: May 04, 2014, 07:21:59 PM »
Eveline
The crowd had begun to wind down, but Alec and Mary were still celebrating. While few guests remained, one uninvited guest decided to make her appearance.

"Where did your mom and dad go?" Alec asked, laughing while looking around.
"They probably went up to test out the bedsprings, like usual." Mary couldn't help but burst into laughter, "you'd think they were the newlyweds."
"Maybe that's something we should try a little later, my love." Alec smiled warmly.

"I thought that was what we planned to do all along?" Mary laughed, but she sensed something suddenly, and her face fell.
"What's wrong, Mary?" Alec moved in closer, and saw exactly what had put Mary off.

Alec let out a hiss, "what do you want, Mania?" He asked coldly.
Mania feigned hurt. "Alec, you got married without me? How could you! And to such a feeble girl..." she clicked her tongue with disgust. "I mean, I know you couldn't do better than me, but really? This is pathetic." Her face twisted into a snarl.
Mary felt Alec pull her behind him and she finally caught a glimpse of her - Mania. A glorious, stunning fae-woman who looked similar to her Alec. Mary couldn't hear the retorts Alec made, she was too busy wondering how she stood a chance against such a woman. She bit her lip, but remembered something very important about herself.
She shoved her way past Alec and glowered at the fairy.

"So you're Mania... and here I was expecting someone less..."
"Gorgeous?" Mania said with victory in her voice.
"Plain." Mary said flatly, causing Mania to snarl. "It's such a shame about your marriage though," Mary began with pity in her voice. "What with you being so unhappy, wanting to be with Alec but being married to his brother." A deep, horrifying laughter erupted from Mary. "Too bad you were such an idiot to bring that upon yourself." Mary said with a wide grin.

Mania began to sputter, trying to think of a retort, but Mary started up again, "I mean, look at you, you're lucky Sheogorath hasn't abandoned your pathetic nature. You're stick thin and weak. No wonder it was after you left that Alec decided to marry a real woman, rather than a flimsy, childish, pathetic, shell of a woman - like you." She spat the last words out with extra venom.

"How dare you-"
Mary threw her hands up in front of her, "no, no. You don't get to say that. Today is my wedding. Today is the day I married the greatest man that you were too stupid and too stuck up to deserve. How dare me? How dare YOU? How dare you come marching your pathetic, glowbug self into my house in front of my family and claim that I am things that deep down you know I am not."

"You're pathetic, and a waste of space and time and breath. I'm done with you, you are free to leave."
"Free to-"
"But first!" Mary got into stance.

"It will be a miracle if your husband will go near you with this spell, glowbug."
Mary hit her hard with everything she had, and left her with a pestilence curse that would linger for quite a while. Mary shook her head, "now leave this place, and if you come back, you will get thrice what I gave you now." Mary dusted off her gown and turned away from the fairy. "Let's go inside, my love, I'm feeling a little light headed." She reached a hand out to Alec who took it. Alec shook his head with disappointment as he finally turned away from Mania.

Mary and Alec gathered themselves upstairs, Mary began to disassemble her hair, pulling out the flowers and the pins.
Alec couldn't help but stare at her, "you know that you're incredible, right? I hope nothing she said got to you."
Mary shook her head and smiled softly. "I used to be very unsure of myself, but another incredible woman helped me figure myself out."
Alec looked at her with interest, "how so?"
"By beating the crap out of me with her magic until I finally learned how to stand." Mary's smile grew. "It was the best, most exhausting day of my life. It was also the day I met you." She smiled genuinely.
Alec smiled. "Who was this crazy woman?"
"Agnes Reaper." Mary said warmly.
Alec knew that name, he was supposed to avoid her at all costs, lest she sniff him out and demand to know why he was there. He laughed, "I was warned to avoid her, as she has an eye for spotting magic-users and a nose that likes to get into places it doesn't belong."
Mary laughed loudly, "sounds like her. Oh, she was such a woman. I'm so glad I got to learn from her. I hope all is well for her, and that she's finally got to reconnect with Tragic."
She has, love. She was very happy to do so, but she still lives on through another incredible woman - you. Now come'on dearest, I'm giving everyone a makeover before you'll be leaving for a new town, you'll finally get a chance to see what a Watcher makeover looks like.
Mary was hurried to the mirror, because shortly after:

"So this is why I was light headed, hello my little one." She smiled to her unborn, then something dawned on her. "Oh watcher, Alec, I'm going to get so fat."
Alec pulled her down onto the bed, "and no one will pull it off better than you." He grinned.

Alec and Mary celebrated the night as newlyweds, all was well in their world.

Alec got his makeover the next morning.
"Uhm, I'm not so sure about this..."
Stop it! I've been dying to use this outfit! So no complaints! You look great anyways.
"Hey, you're right, not too shabby." He straightened the coat out.

Blacks and grays match your skintone a lot better than browns. Sorry you lost your hat, though.
"Eh, it's ok, I've heard it makes me look pretentious."
Alec took time to drive Mary to the hospital for her first ultrasound, before he headed off to the library to read up on pregnancy books.

Mary went in for the ultrasound, she changed her clothes and let them put the cold goop on her stomach, the doctor excused himself to check on an emergency, and Mary looked around desperately.
"Watcher, are you there?"
Yes. I'm here.
"What's wrong? You sound tense Watcher."
I'm not sure this ultrasound will be a good idea, Mary.
"Why not?"
This baby will be very different from any other one I've dealt with Mary, I'm not entirely sure what to expect.
Mary looked down, and the doctor came back into the room, offering apologies and sitting back down next to her. He began to start up the ultrasound and check across her stomach. His brow furrowed. "That's odd." He muttered, and Mary squeezed her fists together. The doctor moved the ultrasound all over her stomach, but all they saw on the screen was a bright white wall where the baby was supposed to be. The doctor got up and excused himself again, claiming the machine must be acting up.
"What's going on?" Mary asked, gripping her stomach - even with the gel still on it.
Try not to panic. I am fully aware that your baby if healthy and fine, at least, as fine as I can be aware of from my abilities. Unfortunately though, the immense magical power your child has is already showing itself, it refuses to be seen.
"That's its magic that we're seeing?" Mary shook her head and looked down sadly. "I just want to know that my baby is healthy, that's all."
Me too, dear. Me too. I'll got get a hold of Alec, ok?

Mary left the hospital feeling violated and defeated. Alec took her home and they ignored all the calls they got from the doctor from then on. Other than the strange ultrasound, Mary's pregnancy progressed smoothly. She grew weaker towards the end of it though, needing to sleep more often and having trouble getting around, Alec took care of her though and made sure she had everything she needed.

The evening was coming, and Mary's due date was close. Bear and Alec kept careful eyes on her, making sure that at the slightest movement, they could take action.

Or rather, Alec would, Bear was more concerned with napping as well.

Mary jolted up with a shot of pain. "Oh dear, Alec!"

"What should I do? Should we go to the hospital? We don't even have a midwife? Oh watcher please!"
The watcher sighed heavily. Men. Come now, Mary, let's get you upstairs. I'll guide you through this, and Alec, why don't you stay downstairs and try not to hurt yourself or anything else with your panicking, ok?
Mary climbed the stairs slowly, unsure if she could make it when she suddenly felt lighter.
You can make it Mary, I'm here to help you, remember that.
Mary had no idea what it was like to have a watcher that was so helpful. Mary made it to her room and began to push through the pains.

It took a few hours, but thankfully there weren't any complications. Eveline made her way into the world, a Loves the Cold, Light Sleeper.

She was dark like her father and seemed perfect in every way - except something was wrong.
"Watcher... What's that? What's wrong with her? Did I do something wrong?"
Calm down Mary, I need to take a look at her. Put her down on the bed for me and get together some new outfits. You'll be leaving soon. I've given Alec the tickets and the things needed for moving, all that's left is to get you two together. Now what's wrong dear?
Alec came running up into the room, like he had a second sense about it. "Mary? Mary what's-" He looked down at his daughter and his eyes went wide. "Her... her... oh watcher please tell me she's going to be ok?"
Put her on the bed. Mary, do as you were told. Alec, go downstairs and gather Bear and everyone else. I need a minute.
The couple were stuck in place for a long moment before Mary finally followed orders. She had trouble putting on new clothes while the Watcher examined her Eveline. She barely got her clothes to even match before she finally ran over and picked up her daughter.
Mary...
The tone of voice made Mary stiffen. "No... please..." She closed her eyes tightly as the Watcher told her exactly what she didn't want to hear.

Eveline... is blind.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #473 on: May 04, 2014, 07:46:36 PM »
Mary is so awesome! She handled Mania so well and put her back in her place!

I didn't get to comment for the last chapter, so I'll mention it now; Mary looks so gorgeous in her dress and her hair up like that!

Oh, Eveline, the poor child... there are so many twists and turns. I was not expecting this.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #474 on: May 04, 2014, 08:36:24 PM »
And Bear becomes a seeing eye dog.  If that's the plan with this, I massively approve!  I've missed Bear the immortal guard dog.  He reminds me of Mouse from the Dresden Files (for those of you nerd enough to follow the book reference). 
Anyway, loved watching Mary put Mania in her place.  Fantastic update!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #475 on: May 05, 2014, 08:16:55 PM »

Yay for the new fantastic greyboo! Eveline is such a pretty name. The blindness seems like it will be an interesting twist. The wedding (especially Mary) was gorgeous.

Offline VioletG

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #476 on: May 05, 2014, 10:01:39 PM »
Oooh intriguing. I think I am going to like Eveline. She looks like she will have a really compelling story.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #477 on: May 05, 2014, 10:10:18 PM »
Oh honey. It did. It did make you look pretentious.

Anyway, sad as it is for Eveline to be born blind, at least she comes from a family that's well-equipped to help her through life.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #478 on: May 07, 2014, 03:46:24 PM »
Mary is so awesome! She handled Mania so well and put her back in her place!

I didn't get to comment for the last chapter, so I'll mention it now; Mary looks so gorgeous in her dress and her hair up like that!

Oh, Eveline, the poor child... there are so many twists and turns. I was not expecting this.
Yeah, Mary is pretty hard-headed and determined. I don't think she'd ever let someone talk to her the way Mania did.
Thank you! I was so happy to finally get to set up a wedding.
Eveline though, she's going to be a whole lot of fun.

And Bear becomes a seeing eye dog.  If that's the plan with this, I massively approve!  I've missed Bear the immortal guard dog.  He reminds me of Mouse from the Dresden Files (for those of you nerd enough to follow the book reference). 
Anyway, loved watching Mary put Mania in her place.  Fantastic update!
Thank you! :)
Bear is absolutely sweet with her. I've been dying to bring him back to the spotlight. I never thought of him like Mouse! Haha I can totally see that now. Unfortunately my game crashed, so all the pictures I have are pretty much null and because I'll just have to do them again. I haven't had my game crash in a long time, so hopefully this isn't a bad omen.

Yay for the new fantastic greyboo! Eveline is such a pretty name. The blindness seems like it will be an interesting twist. The wedding (especially Mary) was gorgeous.
She's gorgeous. I can't wait for everyone to see exactly how she looks. The blindness is the part of her she had to give up to obtain the magic potential she has. I'm slowly working out the other generations, but I had this one in mind for a long, long time. Mary did look gorgeous. I don't get to dress her up very often, as she's very... masculine? I guess her personality has always been very gruff and less girly, so I felt that if I dressed her up with no reason at all it would feel out of place. When I updated her wardrobe giving her a dress in the formal wear category even felt off... Ah Sim's personalities.

Oooh intriguing. I think I am going to like Eveline. She looks like she will have a really compelling story.
Thank you! I adore her. She's going to be wonderful. I'm counting on it.

Oh honey. It did. It did make you look pretentious.

Anyway, sad as it is for Eveline to be born blind, at least she comes from a family that's well-equipped to help her through life.
Haha, that part was just for you. ;)
It will be interesting to see what kind of personality Eveline develops, but I can already tell it's going to be a lot girl-ier than her dear mother!

Anyways, short update thing - my game did a fancy crash for no reason at all in Bridgeport (claiming I had "maxed out my memory" pfft), and my fingers are crossed that this isn't a bad omen, considering I had literally just started the file.
The Reapers can't win. I'll have an update for you all soon though. :)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Home Sweet Home
« Reply #479 on: May 09, 2014, 05:33:15 PM »
Home Sweet Home
Mary spent the whole taxi ride to the airport trying to see if she could break the ward that was covering her daughter's eyes. She would curse under her breath and keep trying after one attempt would fail. Alec put a soft hand on her knee and looked at her with sad eyes that said everything: there's nothing she can do.
Mary defeatedly rested her head against the seat, feeling as though she might cry. She felt like failure. Everyone else in the cab were quiet, not wanting to break the eternal silence that had started the minute they all rushed up the stairs to see why Mary was screaming. No one seemed to know what to say, not even the watcher.
The plane ride was dismal. Eveline hated the whole thing and her incessant crying brought everyone near their breaking point. Mary tried and tried again to reduce the pressure change with magic so that the plane's altitude change wouldn't bother her daughter, but it didn't seem to have an effect. Eveline was passed between Mary, Alec and Palmira in attempts to calm her and sooth her, but she was just completely inconsolable. Below the flight, Bear was beating at his cage, hearing his new mater cry in his head. It was around this time that the magic symbols that covered Eveline's eyes dissolved into her skin, leaving her eyes an almost glowing white. Eveline quieted shortly after that, and Palmira noted it must have been that which was bothering her - and not the pressure changes.

Thankfully, the flight was only a few hours long, but it didn't stop everyone from being tired and grumpy at the end of it. The largest, empty lot was purchased. Edward got a job in Law Enforcement and moved out into a loft downtown, while Noten and Palmira got jobs in the Business and Medical fields respectively. With the funds of the Reaper's being so large, they bought the biggest house that was available. Palmira's lifetime wish has yet to be completed - she still wants to raise 5 children from teens to adult and she has 3 more kids to go. She has every intention of enlarging this family, especially now that she had Noten back. When it was just Mary, Alec, Bear and Eveline the Watcher reduced the funds to $10,000. They were allowed to keep everything in their inventories to sell after, which left them with a tidy $25,000 total after selling their wedding presents. A small house was constructed, with orders to focus entirely on Eveline's room and let the rest of the house come later.

Mary, why don't you go take a class in athletics? You've been wanting to for ages.
Mary looked wearily down at Eveline, "I don't know, Watcher. I really should stay here with her."
"I'll be here." Alec said softly. "Go, do your thing, and when you get back I'll go out and apply for a job and get my classes in."
Mary smiled at him. "Are you sure you'll be ok? She needs to get to a birthday cake soon..."
"I think I can handle it." He grinned at her, "it's not like we're powerful mages, right?"
Mary laughed and shook her head. Alec called her a taxi and watched her go with Eveline in his arms. "It's just you and me now, Ev. Let's get that cake thing going, yeah?"

"See, I can do this whole 'dad' thing, right Ev?" Alec bounced her and helped her blow out her candles.
Alec had to take a step back for a moment to catch himself after seeing his daughter's eyes once again. He shook his head and reminded himself it was something he would have to get used to. He picked her up and looked around, "uh, Watcher... what about clothing?" He asked sheepishly.
Leave that one to me! He could almost hear the Watcher grinning as she spoke. And ta-dah! Here we go, her everyday wear:

Her pajamas:

And her formal!:

"As pretty as a princess." Alec said smiling. Mary got home shortly after and she couldn't believe how beautiful her little girl had gotten.
Mary came over quickly and picked up Eveline who began to squirm. "Alec! I never knew you had such a fashion sense!" She teased, and at the recognition of her mother's voice Eveline quieted and buried her face into her mother's shoulder. "Oh now, look at you my Eveline!"

Mary gently put Eveline's feet on the floor, letting her hold on to her fingers as she did so to balance herself. Alec scratched his head and started digging through a bag he brought.
"What are you up to?" Mary asked, trying not to laugh.
"I'm looking for a tape measure." Alec said without looking up.
"What do you need that for huh?"
"I need to see how much space we have so I can have everything wrapped in bubble wrap."
Mary almost laughed but she soon saw he was serious.
"If she's going to learn to walk... she could start to run into things... look around Mary. Look at all the sharp edges that might come into contact with her head, look at all the electrical sockets she might accidentally use to pull herself to her feet without realizing! This house is a death-trap for her!" His voice sounded so sad and far away. "It's my fault she's blind. It's the magic of my father at work, the least I can do is keep her safe."
Mary sat Eveline down on the floor and brushed her hair back before going and putting a hand on Alec's shoulder. "It's no one's fault, dear." She looked over at Eveline. "You're not the only one who wants to keep her safe though." There was a long silence before Mary spoke again. "Why don't you go take a class and apply for some jobs like you mentioned, ok?"
Alec nodded, and Mary picked up Eveline and took her into the nursery to get her first round of potty training in. It was the one thing she felt sure she could teach to her without endangering her.

Eveline may not quite understand what her parents are talking about, but she wasn't worried. She was completely content with exactly how things were. It was always trial and error. Her hands were her eyes, she didn't need anything else.

Meanwhile, outside, Bear had put his nose to the ground in an attempt to find a few gems. The funds have been depleted to about $300 after all the classes, and he knew that there was a little Reaper inside who needed a more stable amount. Unfortunately he came up short every time.

He eventually trotted into the house and headed to his new home - the nursery. The newest addition was happily sitting on the floor, feeling the carpet around her slowly. Suddenly though, there was the sound of breathing. This was different to Eveline, it was rapid, and airflow was suddenly hitting her face.

She reached forward but couldn't seem to grasp anything. This frustrated her.

She made a face and babbled in frustration, and suddenly her face was wet!

She giggled with content as she found the muzzle of the dog in front of her.

Her fingers dug into his soft fur and suddenly she wasn't afraid or worried any longer. She was completely safe. Bear would always make sure of that.

Mary washed up a few of the dishes while she heard Eveline and Bear together. The more she thought about Alec's words the more worried she got. They were tight on money, but there was no way she could leave Eveline alone to go to work everyday. Bear could watch her, but what if the babysitter was stupid? Or what if those silly teenagers couldn't figure out what to do with her? The thoughts drove her mad, so she Alec both decided she wouldn't go for a career until Eveline was older. Alec on the other hand, returned with a job in politics after taking a class in the charisma skill. Hopefully it would be enough to support them. Even though money was tight, there was definitely no shortage of love.

The love charms tend to help with that though.
"You were lucky you didn't decide to talk to that stupid mascot advertising for university before talking to me." Mary scolded.
Alec only smiled, "I can't help it, you've put a spell on me!" He made a dramatic movement to cover his heart and Mary shook her head.
"No, you put a spell on yourself, wise-guy." She teased. "Now would you take out the trash, please?"
"Yes ma'am!" He saluted.
Mary rolled her eyes. "You're ridiculous."
"And you love me for it."

Eveline was in the nursery often playing with the peg box. It was a very easy game for her, she took the blocks out one at a time and felt each and every one of them. With her other hand she examined the holes for which they were supposed to enter.

It was one game where sight almost certainly would get in your way.

It always thrilled her though when she found the correct hole without excessive feeling required.

And Bear sat near her, keeping her close and always keeping one eye on her. His job had always been easy for the most part. Quiet crying children, make sure they don't get too far away, and keep an eye on their cribs at night, but this Reaper was a very different case scenario, and Bear could feel it deep in his bones.

Alec went to work on his charisma in the new master bathroom while Mary fed, cleaned and put Eveline to bed.

Eveline loved both of her parents, but at the moment her mother's voice was the most familiar and the most comforting to her.

Life was going to be very different for this Reaper.

Very different indeed.

anything