Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 323630 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The Reapers Stick Together
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 11:37:50 AM »
Not sure how I missed the update, but here goes! I absolutely LOVE the bond between all the kids!! It warms my heart. Especially big brother Cain and baby Raven. I still love Aurora, but Raven is burrowing herself a very big place in my heart.

I just...literally I love the dynamic here. Isolde and Isabel grew up so differently, and Isabel's jaw is rather unfortunate but she looks more like Tragic than she does like Agnes. Isolde is adorable. Which reminds me, where on earth did you get Isolde and Aurora's hair styles? I definitely need Aurora's hair for my legacy's 2nd generation.

Keep up the amazing work, Livvie, I can't wait to see how this progresses. I'm terrified of what the family has in store for the Alto kid and how it's going to affect them. I've read to many legacy stories to believe that this is going to stay happy and cheery all the time. SOMETHING is going to happen.
Sorry for taking so long to respond, I'm usually much better and faster, but I'm currently in a Starbucks in Chicago waiting for the boyfriend to get off work in an hour to preview apartments!
Thank you for the compliments! I challenged myself with this story to ensure that the family was tight nit because it's so hard to do that with sims families. Everyone is best friends (with the exceptions of the sets of twins, who are "BFFs" and Bear is BFFs with Aurora), and Raven has a special place in my heart as well. I wanted to show her loneliness as being a non-twin. And not to spoil anything, but I do believe that she and Aliester will have a very special bond when he gets a tad older.
As for the hair, they are both a part of sets and not sold individually on the store, but Isolde's hair is from the Midnight Hallow set. I have just the regular town, not gold, and Isabel's hair is part of the Island Paradise expansion. Isabel is very unique, I like that I have a variety of genetics, including all of the weird abnormalities (random brown/red hair, the beautiful orange eyes) all make the sims uniquely them.
I have strong suspicions that Isabel will grow into her features. Tragic is known for having strong features that look a little out of place on teenagers, but they always seem to grow into it! 

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2013, 01:26:38 AM »
Sorry for taking so long to respond, I'm usually much better and faster, but I'm currently in a Starbucks in Chicago waiting for the boyfriend to get off work in an hour to preview apartments!
Thank you for the compliments! I challenged myself with this story to ensure that the family was tight nit because it's so hard to do that with sims families. Everyone is best friends (with the exceptions of the sets of twins, who are "BFFs" and Bear is BFFs with Aurora), and Raven has a special place in my heart as well. I wanted to show her loneliness as being a non-twin. And not to spoil anything, but I do believe that she and Aliester will have a very special bond when he gets a tad older.
As for the hair, they are both a part of sets and not sold individually on the store, but Isolde's hair is from the Midnight Hallow set. I have just the regular town, not gold, and Isabel's hair is part of the Island Paradise expansion. Isabel is very unique, I like that I have a variety of genetics, including all of the weird abnormalities (random brown/red hair, the beautiful orange eyes) all make the sims uniquely them.
I have strong suspicions that Isabel will grow into her features. Tragic is known for having strong features that look a little out of place on teenagers, but they always seem to grow into it!

Mmmm, Starbucks!

I for one know how hard it is to make the entire family friends with each other. But I always manage to have the parents be Best Friends with the kids by the time they're teens just through the caretaking process from infant to child. Raven just warms and chills my heart at the same time. This story is just o good! Ugh, I don't have Midnight Hollow or Island Paradise sadly >.> I'm going to get Midnight Hollow at some point soon though (hopefully) so I'll get that hair sooner or later.

I've never had a family with Tragic before. Agnes, yes. The Landgrabbs? 4 times. The Goths? 3 times (1 of those times was meant to be a legacy story revolving around Bella. But anyway), never Tragic. I'm tempted to see how those genetics play out now...
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2013, 02:36:56 PM »
I linked to Pernille's story on my first post, she did a Dynasty based on her leading lady (evil lady, that is) Laura married Tragic and their child was so uniquely beautiful. The heir ended up looking almost exactly like Isabel did, that's why I hope to see her grow into her features much as Ydun in that immortal dynasty did.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
I knew she looked familiar, I loved Pernille's immortal dynasty.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Tragic and Agnes Explain
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2013, 09:51:54 PM »
I knew she looked familiar, I loved Pernille's immortal dynasty.
Me too! It was one of my favorites!

Just a heads up, the post following this one (I'll try to get up later tonight) should be the heir poll. There will be a description of all of the Reapers and it will reveal everything about them that hasn't already - traits (future traits), Lifetime Wish, town they will move to upon becoming a young adult and a description of themselves. I'm trying to find a way to mix it up though, and good things come in twos, so hopefully what I have in mind works!  ::)
The heir poll will be open on a separate site in which I will link to (in accordance with the rules of the forum), and I will leave it up for 48 hours. I will likely still post inbetween times for the results as I've left myself enough time story-wise to do so.

Tragic and Agnes Explain
The next day began with a snowfall. Raven, being the first one up, worried about the day to come.

Yes, as a watcher, I did just take that picture to show off her sleepwear (which I am pretty proud of).
Today was a busy day for everyone, and Agnes felt the weight of all of her children's happiness on her shoulders. She and Tragic have had 6 amazing children, and now she was on a time limit to ensure her children accomplished the goals that were set. She hoped they would all be friends at the end of this, but watching her four eldest march out the doors with plotting smiles as they shuffled off to school had her worrying that they already knew. She stopped Raven on the way out the door.
"Oh sweetie, how was your day yesterday?"
Raven shuffled, "it could've been better, but Cain said everything would be ok today, he said that he and Aurora and Isolde and Isabel wouldn't let me have another bad day." Raven specifically left out the details of her bullying, knowing all too well that mom would pull her mom card on the school principal and then Raven would never have a chance at real friendship. She'd always be the girl who tattled to her mom.
Agnes eased, she suddenly knew why all of her children looked so suspicious as they left the house. "Well hurry up and get to school sweetie, it's best not to be late for a good day." Agnes smiled at her youngest daughter. If all goes according to plan she shouldn't be going to Elementary School alone tomorrow. Agnes went upstairs to focus on teaching the vital skills to her youngest son. Aliester was waiting for her patiently, Agnes knew her child was perceptive.

Aliester was very perceptive indeed, once he had the knowledge to, he asked, "why is mommy so nervous?"
"Is nothing for you to worry about sweetie, you just need to grow up well and be big and strong for me, ok?"
"I'll fix your problems mommy!"
"Oh, if only you could sweetheart." She paused and trailed off, no longer talking to Aliester. "If only you could."

All the way in town, Raven's day was progressing slowly. She was a little late to class, but that saved her from running into the Alto boy in the hallways. "Liv?" She said quietly when everyone had scattered at the lunch bell.
Yes dear?
"When can I learn to curse people?"
When you become a teen I promise I'll let you learn whatever curses or potions you want, but I'd really rather you not fight dirty, it will only make you as bad as these bullies are.
"I know that, I just don't like feeling helpless. I'm a witch now, you gave me the potion that should've given me strength..."
Strength doesn't come from a potion dear, it comes from your heart, from your courage and your ability to not sink to that boy's level. Strength is letting those boys say all the mean things they want but knowing for yourself that it's not true. Only you know what's true and what's not, and not letting them anger you for it - that's strength. You'll also find strength in your family, you don't have to fight things alone.
"They're all upperclassmen though... I just feel so alone." Raven looked down from her little cubby-hole with her coat and books, sniffling.
You're not alone now, even though it would appear to be so, so why not go to lunch?
"My lunch money will be taken!"
I very much doubt that, and either way you need to eat, you'll be sick if you don't.
Raven sniffled defeated. She walked slowly to the lunch room where she stared at everyone who was chatting at lunch tables as they ate with barely an open seat left for her. The Alto boy was hanging out in the corner with an older friend, she didn't know the other kid well, but she did know that he took her lunch money the day before. They laughed to each other as they saw her enter and began to approach her. Emanuel stayed back, looking a little frightened he soon disappeared into the crowd.
Raven took a shaky breath in.
"Look who it is! Did you bring some lunch money for me?" The older kid said coldly.
Raven's resolve firmed. "No."
He stepped back, stunned. "What'd you say?"
"I said, 'No.' I only have my lunch money, for my lunch." She stood firm even though inside she was breaking.
The kid got up in her face, he smelled bad. "I think that's my lunch money you're talking about."
Raven started to tremble when she felt a strong hand on her shoulder. The kid started to back away very quickly.
"Hey sis! How's it going?" Isabel smiled, hugging her hands around Raven's shoulders. "Oh, are these your new friends?" She said with a certain hiss at the end of it. "Because I'm pretty sure friends don't ask for things like that."
"You're right." Raven said, getting more confident. "They don't."
"You mind if we join you for lunch?" Suddenly Cain, Aurora and Isolde were standing behind her along with Isabel. "It gets pretty boring in the upperclassman cafeteria, we thought we'd give lunch with you a shot!" Isabel continued.
"Really?" Raven's eyes went wide with happiness. "You're really going to have lunch with me?"
"Of course, now, let's get you some food!" Isabel walked her through the line and bought her lunch for her. They moved to sit at the table that was now occupied by Cain, Aurora and Isolde already. Raven stopped for a minute.
"Go on, I'll catch up." She said, turning to look at the boy who was sitting in the corner after he had backed off from her.
Isabel smiled to herself before turning to explain how proud she was of their younger sister to her siblings.
Raven approached the boy slowly, he pretended he didn't see her there. She pulled the apple off of her tray and handed it to him. "Here." She said softly.
"What's this for?" He said coldly.
"You should eat something, I noticed you don't have anything to eat, so here."
"Why would you give me food when I tried to take your lunch money?"
"Be-cause," she stammered, looking for the right words, "because everyone deserves a second chance, and just because you were mean to me doesn't mean I need to be mean to you... or something like that."
"I'm sorry." He looked down at the floor. "I just don't have lunch money to bring. I knew you were a Reaper, and everyone knows that your parents own half the town... I just thought you were another spoiled rich kid. I guess I didn't realize that you would have feelings too. I'm really sorry. I know it's wrong." His eyes moved to the wall away from her.
"It's ok." She paused. "Friends?" She asked softly, holding her tray with one hand while extending the other.
The kid looked at her for a moment, confused. "You want to be friends with me? I don't really have any friends."
"Me either." She said smiling, still holding her hand out. He took it slowly and they shook.
"Friends." He said softly.
"Well, friend, what's your name?"
"Arron. Arron Hart." He said softly.
"Well, come join us for lunch, Arron!"
"Are you sure?"
"Of course! The more the merrier!" Raven smiled, today was a good day after all.

Back at home though, is probably where everyone would rather be looking as a little Aliester learns all of his skills at a record speed.
"You'd think he was a genius er-something!" Tragic said sharply.
"No daddy... I just pays attention."
The following are the most adorable pictures of Aliester's skills. Again, I will not apologize for the cuteness:

Meanwhile downstairs, Agnes' worry was growing.

"It's almost time Bear, let's hope for the best, right?" She had me arrange the living room in such a way that she could have everyone together for the announcement, and the children began to file home one by one.

Agnes rushed Aliester to his early birthday cake. She kissed him on the forehead, hating herself for cutting his innocent toddlerhood short. He didn't even have time to get to the mirror or dresser before the meeting was called.

Tragic began, "your mother and I have been keeping a big secret from all of you. I really hope you'll forgive us as we did this only to ensure you all grew up well and happily." He paused, looking at all of his children. "We are actually the start of a legacy, one of you will be chosen by an anonymous poll to carry on with your lives. Unfortunately, only one can be chosen... Your mother and I didn't want you to all fight for heir. We knew we could never choose between our own children because we love all of you so equally. We need you all to know this isn't a contest of love or who is better than who, it is just a decision on who will carry the torch for the next generation. Your mother and I have worried for so long how this would affect your relationships with each other that we didn't want to tell you until you were all old enough to know."
Isolde spoke up quickly, "so only one of us will actually get to do what we want with our lives?" Her voice was calculated and chilled. "What about the rest of us!"

Aurora was stunned to silence, for the first time in her life she had nothing to say.

"We're all going to be fine, Liv has been good to us, even she isn't deciding who is heir. She loves all of you equally as well and she doesn't want to pit each of you against the other." Agnes said slowly.
"How could you say this won't pit each of us up against the other! We're in a competition now!" Isabel said in shock.
The kids began to uproar in a "Pick me!" "I'm better than you are!" frenzy.
"Woah, woah, woah!" Cain said holding his arms up in the air.

Everyone paused and looked at their oldest brother. "This isn't a competition. We're not competitors. We're a family. We stick together. We aren't fending for ourselves or pushing ourselves higher, that's not how we've acted before and it isn't how we should act now. We need to push for others to achieve, not just ourselves. It's how we've gotten this far and it's how we'll get farther."
The room went quiet.
"Cain's right." Raven said quietly from the corner. "Sometimes, we're all we've got, but so long as one of us gets to be happy, then I'll be happy for them. No matter what."

"We agree." Isolde and Isabel said in unison.
"For sure." Aurora said quietly.
"Maybe we should tell each other's stories?" Aliester said quietly from his corner where he was absorbing the conversation of his noisy, busy family. "That way, we're not out to better ourselves, but rather to show that we appreciate each other for who we are."

Agnes has disappeared at this time to make dinner for everyone. Things seem to be coming together in a nicer way but she still worried for her children.

After the meeting ended and everyone ate dinner around the table, Aliester got his makeover.

He was very particular that no hair was out of place. He gained the Neurotic trait and was very particular about everything. He insisted that he needed to wash his hands 7 and 1/2 times before going to bed that night because 7 and 1/2 just makes sense. Raven took very well to Aliester and BFF's were made.

Tomorrow they would be writing descriptions of someone in the family for the heir poll, and every one of them was just as worried as Agnes about their future.
They all did promise before they went to bed to not allow any hard feelings between them as family. They were going to get through this together, at least, they hoped so.

To Recap:
Cain(Teen): Virtuoso, Friendly, Clumsy, Proper.
Aurora(Teen): Loner, Natural Born Performer (was Genius), Dog Person, Proper.
Isolde(Teen): Eccentric, Heavy Sleeper, Easily Impressed, Proper.
Isabel(Teen): Loves the Outdoors, Loves the Heat, Loves to Swim, Proper. Town: Isla Paradiso.
Raven(Child): Brave, Friendly, Supernatural Fan. LTW: Alchemy Artisan.
Aliester(Child): Perceptive, Loner, Neurotic.

Next chapter, the final traits, jobs/LTW's and towns for each child will be revealed along with the heir poll.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The Poll.
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2013, 11:42:58 PM »
Sorry for two updates in a row, I just needed to get this out here before I went to bed for the night!

The Poll
It was decided that as the Watcher I would pull names from a hat for who would describe each child in order. These are all randomly chosen.

Cain
As told by Raven

Cain is very serious and quiet. He tends to not say a lot when nothing important is going on. He only really speaks up when he feels something needs to be said. He's always been very protective of me and I know I'd be lost without him. He's really a great brother and I want to see him succeed the way he's pushed me to all of my life.
Cain is a Virtuoso and loves instruments so much. He told me he hasn't locked down his lifetime wish yet, but it was going to be One Sim Band. He wants to master all of the instruments he can get his hands on, and I think he'll be great for it! He's not very good with girls (asides from me and my sisters) but I think once he steps into his footing he'll find a really pretty celebrity in Bridgeport. Liv told me she's felt bad for his awkward teen years and that she wants to make him Irresistible when he becomes a Young Adult.
I know I'm really supposed to be describing him "objectively" but I don't know what that means, the dictionary wasn't much help either. Cain is a deserving Sim that should have the chance at happiness for himself instead of worrying about all of his younger sisters and brother. I'd like to see him get that chance.

Aurora
As told by Cain

I wonder how strange it is that I was drawn to speak about my own twin? Aurora and I have always been different. She's louder and pickier and crazier and she's my best friend.
Aurora really kept her dreams to herself though, which is something I didn't understand. She was very out-there and funny and outgoing but she only ever spoke to me about her dreams of the future in the confines of our shared bedroom at night. She always portrays herself with such self-confidence that I think sometimes she second-guesses herself. Liv's next trait for Aurora will be Lucky so she will fare well in her performances.
Performances? Yes. Performances. Aurora has wanted to be a Magician since she was a kid. She locked in the wish right away and has been sitting on it and keeping quiet about it ever since. She told me immediately after she did it and I was in shock. She was always so much more daring than I was, but to lock in her lifetime wish when she was only a child? I don't have commitment issues but even I had trouble imagining how determined you'd have to be. While she has this air of confidence though, Aurora still struggles to express deep feelings with people... even ones she trusts.
She plans to move to Starlight Shores to take the magic world by storm!
My twin is a beautiful, smart and driven young woman. I want to see her happy not just because she's my twin, but because she's my absolute best friend, that won't ever change.

Isolde
As told by Isabel

Hey, Liv, you may want to shake that hat up a little more, another twin description.
My sister Isolde is very serious. She's very into her work with inventing and building.
We're not always seeing eye-to-eye, but I love her dearly, she'll always be my other half. If it wasn't apparent that my twin was an inventor then guess what? She is! Real shocker I know, we even had to install a shower in our room... I was unsure as to why at first but Liv made it clear it was to prevent a death by fire. If you don't think that got my attention you're wrong. I argued with her for it for days, but she was determined to create the ultimate invention not once, not twice... but three times. She wants to be a Monster Maker. I've never seen my sister more passionate about anything except inventing. She would spend late nights digging through the junkyards finding components and doo-dads and whatchamacallits (not the candy bars either, the thing-y thing whatchamacallits). She's always been so brilliant and it just comes naturally to her, even if socializing doesn't. I get her in ways so many people just don't. She's unique and quirky and definitely eccentric. She's going to be gaining the Brooding trait as well, it seems very fitting of her. She has a very analytic mind. She told me she wants to go to the swamps of Twinbrook to get some privacy for her inventing that isn't found in this crazy house.
What can I say? I love her, I want the absolute best for her and I just can't see her doing anything else with her life. I know she doesn't come off as the greatest choice sometimes, but I know that deep down, she's got potential that no one else can touch and where-ever she ends up I know she'll do some incredible things.

Isabel
As told by Aliester

When analyzing my sister Isabel, you tend to think of someone who is as carefree as the wind. She's a very optimistic person who seems to care about everything and everyone with little time for herself inbetween. She stares out the window almost every day and daydreams about life on the beach where she doesn't have to worry about anyone or anything. I once overheard her talking to her twin about moving to Isla Paradiso, staying on a houseboat and scuba diving every day. She wants to be a Deep Sea Diver but she barely gets any time in the water because of the constant cold, snow and rain. She gets restless wandering around the house with little to do in her spare time. She once told me a great bed-time story about how grand life at the beach was. I could honestly tell it meant a great deal to her, and seeing her eyes sparkle as she spoke about her dreams and passions made me realize how deeply she wanted this.
I feel a lot of us could accomplish our chosen wishes where-ever we were, but not Isabel. She's always gone around taking care of everyone but herself and I don't want to see her unhappy - even though she says she'll be happy regardless. It's no wonder Liv is going to give her the Good trait on aging up. She really deserves a shot at happiness in someplace where she won't be miserable staring out the window. I want to see her succeed, along with everyone else, but since it has to be just one of us, I feel she's the most deserving for having to wait so long to even start her lifelong dream while all of us have had ample chances at doing whatever we wish. She truly is a very selfless person.

Raven
As told by Isolde

Raven has spent a lot of her time feeling a little left out. I could always tell that she was very lonely being the first born child without a twin. She's really starting to grow into a very beautiful and intelligent young girl. She has yet to gain her Proper trait, and Liv plans to give her the Gatherer trait following that. She's the only one of us that's actually going to pursue the supernatural side of our family. I can tell that she's loved the supernatural since she was little and she used to ask me about what it was like to have witch's powers.
I never knew how much it meant to her to be a witch and how much it hurt her to see that no one used the gifts they had. I didn't understand these feelings of jealousy or hurt at the time, they just seemed like a child wanting a toy. But when she told me she wanted to seek Alchemist pursuits I knew then that it was more than just child's play. I think Raven wants to get a better handle on her life which is why she wishes to use her Alchemy and magic as her primary lifelong skills. She wants to prevent all the bullying that happened to her from happening again to anyone. She is a brave child, I can always hand her that. She wishes to move to Moonlight Falls to take on the Supernatural at it's peak. I believe Raven deserves a chance at growing and learning, she's the one who had to work so hard to get what she has and she's fought so hard to pursue her happiness.

Aliester
As told by Aurora

Aliester is the youngest of us, and he really hasn't had a chance to shine yet. I hope you'll give me a chance to show you what an amazing little man he is. As an infant, Aliester was very perceptive and knowing. He's had a sense of intelligence about him, and he picks things up amazingly fast just by watching someone do it. As he is a child, he hasn't gained the Proper family trait yet, but his final trait choice will be Genius, like I was before I decided to pursue the Magician's life. Aliester has big dreams. He reminds me a lot of me when I was little, as he's already determined that he wants to be a Pervasive Private Eye.
We had all chosen our towns by this point, so I decided to ask him one day about where he wanted to live, since his job was really an anywhere job. He sounded crazy but he said he wanted to move to Lunar Lakes! A boy as neurotic as him wants to live on the moon!? But when I pushed further he told me a lot of scientific theories he had, which I mostly understood. He wanted a different pace of life - we all did, and this little boy deserves a chance to shine somewhere bright.

It is now time to choose. I ask you to choose wisely as your vote can only be counted once, you may speak about who you voted for or you can keep it hush, hush. Either way, it is time to decide who will carry the torch.
Final Recap:
Cain Reaper - Virtuoso, Clumsy, Friendly, Proper, Irresistable. One Sim Band. Bridgeport.
Aurora Reaper - Loner, Natural Born Performer, Dog Person, Proper, Lucky. Master Magician. Starlight Shores.
Isolde Reaper - Eccentric, Heavy Sleeper, Easily Impressed, Proper, Brooding. Monster Maker. Twinbrook.
Isabel Reaper - Loves the Outdoors, Loves the Heat, Loves to Swim, Proper, Good. Deep Sea Diver. Isla Paradiso.
Raven Reaper - Brave, Friendly, Supernatural Fan, Proper, Gatherer. Alchemy Artisan. Moonlight Falls.
Aliester Reaper - Perceptive, Loner, Neurotic, Proper, Genius. Pervasive Private Eye. Lunar Lakes.

The First Heir Poll  - Voting Closed

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The Poll
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 02:33:31 AM »
Well, we can just hope that Pernille will looking over this story and see each comments of you, she will be happy if she know that or maybe you should let her know ;D

---

I really liked how you describe about how to not misuse Raven new-found power and even give the bully second chances :)

Love it when siblings really care for each other. Looking at their interaction makes my heart feel warm and fuzzy. Family moments surely are the best! Aliester is adorable, ah just look at his eyes!

How Cain deals with such situation first make one plus point for him. To be honest, it’s hard for me to choose, because there are several children that I love. Isolde place is tempting because Twinbrook is my second favorite place. But… I already know my choice.

I will vote for Aurora as the next heiress! I Go, Aurora!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 04:51:00 AM »
Oh, I was thinking the siblings would beat up the little kid but this was so much better! It was a great idea to have the kids describe one sibling, rather than the watcher as it made it more personal and now I'm stuck on who to vote for. Good luck, Reapers!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »
This was such a difficult choice!! All of them have their endearing and amazing qualities and It was hard to pick. But I voted and I can't wait to see how this story goes.

Side note, Raven is the sweetest kid on the planet. I really love her. I didn't vote for her, but I do love her. =D
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2013, 02:08:58 PM »
I voted Raven! I love her character and I just love all the supernatural and their unique interactions. Plus, Moonlight Falls has a special place in my heart since the Omikami's live there ;).
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2013, 02:20:55 PM »
This is getting interesting and fun! I love Raven too! She is the one of the children that I love! But, whoever winning the poll, no hard feeling! I wish the best for the winner ;D
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2013, 03:14:31 PM »
Well, we can just hope that Pernille will looking over this story and see each comments of you, she will be happy if she know that or maybe you should let her know ;D

---

I really liked how you describe about how to not misuse Raven new-found power and even give the bully second chances :)

Love it when siblings really care for each other. Looking at their interaction makes my heart feel warm and fuzzy. Family moments surely are the best! Aliester is adorable, ah just look at his eyes!

How Cain deals with such situation first make one plus point for him. To be honest, it’s hard for me to choose, because there are several children that I love. Isolde place is tempting because Twinbrook is my second favorite place. But… I already know my choice.

I will vote for Aurora as the next heiress! I Go, Aurora!
I sent her a P.M. before posting to ask if it was ok to link to her story. :)
I decided I needed to go about that scenario in a way that would stand fitting for the family, but not be too entirely messy to create enemies that I might not be able to bring up later since the heir poll is up. Not to mention I do plan on having an evil generation come through at one point or another, and while I debated about making Raven bitter or cold about this, I really felt she had a better sim-personality than that.

Unfortunately I feel very guilty for rushing Aliester's aging, but my game is starting to get a bit bogged down and it's ready for a move. Not to mention I was running out of time on Cain and Aurora's age bar. I really didn't want them to be stuck at young adults waiting for the heir poll and having to put their life aside. Aurora and Raven are tied right now, I didn't really think about what I would do in case of a tie, but I think I have an idea.

This was such a difficult choice!! All of them have their endearing and amazing qualities and It was hard to pick. But I voted and I can't wait to see how this story goes.

Side note, Raven is the sweetest kid on the planet. I really love her. I didn't vote for her, but I do love her. =D
I like to stick to the personalities I've given my Sims, Cain was never violent, and while he gets angry at people mistreating people he cares about, he's too level headed for that sort of thing.

I voted Raven! I love her character and I just love all the supernatural and their unique interactions. Plus, Moonlight Falls has a special place in my heart since the Omikami's live there ;).
I love Moonlight Falls a lot too, before I found Dragon Valley that was my main hub, I don't know if Raven could create as much mischief in Moonlight Falls as the Omikami's, but she'll certainly give it her best shot! All the kids really have a special place in my heart for different reasons, I'm going to miss them so, so much when it comes time to part. I'm still configuring the move and what will take place with the family. Hopefully it will all work out.

This is getting interesting and fun! I love Raven too! She is the one of the children that I love! But, whoever winning the poll, no hard feeling! I wish the best for the winner ;D
I feel much the same, I just want everyone to be happy, but I'm limited by household size! Otherwise I'd take them all with me and make them all happy!

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2013, 06:33:53 PM »
Oh dear. I like all the kids and they're all so unique!  :(

In the end I just had to vote for the town I'd most like to see. I'm glad I'm not the one making the final decision. I get so attached to sims that I'm going to be sorry to see the family left behind, but I know it's the right thing to do for you file size and the story.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2013, 07:25:55 PM »
Oh, no you don't  ;)

Oh, dear I just love all the children, they're so lovable! But, but, but I just can't see my favorite Raven lose! One voice for you, Raven!
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Waiting [Heir Poll]
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2013, 01:09:16 AM »
Raven and Aurora - last I checked - are tied as of right now. I'm amazed with how many people are interested in my story, and very grateful! Thank you all for your comments and support; I love playing this family, but the awesome comments can make it really worthwhile.

Waiting [Heir Poll]

Before I begin the update, I'm going to direct the attention to the ongoing Heir Poll -Voting Closed.

There seems to be a silence that has hovered over the house since this morning when everyone wrote their descriptions for the sibling they pulled from a hat. It wouldn't be for another 24 human hours until the heir was announced, and I let no-one in on the voting. I didn't want to see someone's hopes get up only to have things change - it's still anyone's game.
Raven continued her day with a particularly mischievous look in her eyes.

And while everyone was busy moving on to their other activities to busy their mind, no one noticed as she slipped out of the house, onto her broom and down to the grocery store.

As her watcher, I knew what she was doing, and while I didn't wholeheartedly approve of it, I understood her reasoning as she took herself to a secluded park to have her birthday quietly.

Your family would want to be here, Raven dear.
"I know, it's just too depressing to be around them right now."
You still have four more days! You should relish your childhood.
"I technically only have one more day. When that vote is announced... I don't really want to know what will happen. Besides, if I'm not picked for heir then I need to at least have some footing with my skills for my Lifetime Wish, no?"
I guess so...
"Will you use Create-A-Sim to fix my clothing?"
I honestly shouldn't, considering you're going behind everyone's back to do this, but seeing as I had to approve of it first... I guess I don't have much of a choice.

You're a beautiful mixture of both of your parents. You've really grown up...
"More importantly... I can now work towards my magic!"

On top of that, Raven got to ditch her broom with training wheels for a brand new vacuum (so the watcher doesn't pull her own hair out waiting on people with slow transportation).

This wasn't just Raven's day though, it was everyone's, Isabel took no prisoners as she bolted to the science facility to take a class in Scuba Diving. She then spent the rest of her day doing what relaxes her most.

On the other hand, Isolde was having a rough day, she'd woken up on the wrong side of the bed for sure. Saying she wasn't having the best day would be a slight understatement.

However, the good news is, she did discover her first Inventing Gnome.

Aurora spent some time tutoring her youngest brother Aliester in logic quietly on the kitchen floor before she and Cain both took off for the Winter Festival. Today was a wish-fulfilling day really, just collecting up some small happiness points here and there.

Everyone ate at different times, eating various leftovers as Agnes just wasn't in the mood to cook at the time.

The family seemed very quiet today, all awaiting the final news to come. I could feel the tension between all of them as they raced to do the things they thought they'd have ages to... for all of them it felt like a lot of doors were closing in on them as every minute passed.

It was almost time.