Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 328022 times)

Offline ToniSimbot

• Llama Wrangler
  • We shall take over SimNation with fire and blood
    • Simblr (beware spoilers)
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Sunset Valley, The Final Chapter
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2013, 06:44:50 AM »
Aw, this was really sweet. It's a really cool idea for a legacy. How do you choose which sims are unique enough to for it? Is it personal preference or based on which sims were previously popular choices and narrow it down? Because I've never looked at Tragic before now and I'm getting ideas  :D

I'll be reading.
Current Story: Vesta's Reward

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2013, 02:39:37 PM »
Thank you all for your patience and wonderful comments! Unfortunately I can't update today (I totally would if I could) but we just got approved for our apartment (yay!) so I'll need to stay an extra day out of town to sign the lease tomorrow! I'll try to get a good update so no one else has to wait on my cliffhanger much longer than they already are by wednesday. Then I'll probably be lost in the hecticness of moving!
Aw, this was really sweet. It's a really cool idea for a legacy. How do you choose which sims are unique enough to for it? Is it personal preference or based on which sims were previously popular choices and narrow it down? Because I've never looked at Tragic before now and I'm getting ideas  :D

I'll be reading.
Thank you for your comment! At first I thought I would go with the most popular Sims in the town, but now that I'm in love with my second generation I just want them to fall in love with an original townie. I chose Tragic as he has the (in my opinion) most original face that I've ever seen from Sunset Valley. I really fell in love with how different he looked and went off of that. Tragic has some really nice genetics though (obviously all my opinion) that really age well on Sims.

Have a great weekend Livvie!

In other news, I need to know who the heir is. Rah-Rah-Aurora! Rah-Rah-Aurora!
Have a great weekend! Take care, Livvie <3
I hope that the next heir will be R a v e n...
Well, it doesn't hurt to have a high hope...

R a v e n <3
A sad farewell to Sunset Valley, but it means an exciting new beginning somewhere else for the family =] Have a great weekend and hope you find what you're looking for!
Yeah, I agree with Nettlejuice. But, what we can do about it anyway! Legacy must goes on!

Have a great weekend! Hope that you'll find what you're looking for :)

I just started reading this story but I really like it! I can't wait to see who the next heir is! All the children are beautiful.   :D

I'm bubbling with surprise at this next heir, hopefully everyone will be happy with the end results! :)
In other news - like I said we found the perfect place! I'm so overjoyed with excitment and nervousness at moving from my country home to the city! I've never lived in a high-rise before or even away from home so it's all new and exciting for me! Again I'm very sorry for keeping everyone hanging, I have some pictures ready for the next update on my computer back at home but alas, they're not here! Here's to a new beginning for my Sims AND for me! :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »
Congratulations on finding a new place! I hope you have a wonderful time there now, and your sims too =]
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Life in a New Town
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2013, 02:09:03 PM »
Alrighty! The moment we've all been waiting for (me especially, since I've been hanging onto these photos for a week!)

Life in a New Town
The Reapers make landing in the new town...
Monte Vista

"Wait! Monte Vista?"

Yes, Monte Vista.
"Why here? None of us chose that town?" Everyone inquired.
The poll has come back and it was a little befuddling to me. I've decided to make the best of the situation. So, we're in Monte Vista - and not not just any Monte Vista file either. I've made this town very special. It has home-made Dive Lots...
"Yes!" Isabel said quietly.
It has junkyards, and an Elixir shop.
Isolde and Raven high-fived.
It has every bar I could humanly fit into it, and every single Showtime Lot I could manage.
Cain and Aurora shared a happy look.
Not to mention, there's plenty of mystery to go around. So with everyone happy, let's see where our heir will live.

"It's so big!"
"Woah!"
It needs some serious redecoration on the inside, but it will work well for what I have planned. Unfortunately though, only the heir can stay here.
The Reaper's shared a sad look.
I want you all to get jobs - every one of you - so you'll all be taken care of when I'm not around for you. No losing your houses to poverty, ok? And I will be checking in on EVERYONE to adjust housing situations accordingly. Now I'll tell you who will be taking over this legacy...

So they all went out and got jobs.
Cain became a Musician.
Aurora became a Magician.
Isolde became an Inventor.
Isabel became a Diver.
Raven became an Alchemist.
Tragic became a Doctor (as per his lifetime wish prior to changing it to Surrounded by Family).
and Agnes became a Painter.

And slowly but surely, they began to move out.

Hugs were given all over.

And everyone parted their own ways.

Thus.
Leaving.
Two.

Aurora and Raven. Equal Heiresses to the Reaper's genetic legacy whom will share the house and the fortune equally.

Oh, and Bear too.

Each of the girls smiled and knew they could make this shared heirship work. Aurora worked on her magic skills... well, when they weren't failing.

Just keep practicing Aurora, you'll get it, it takes time though.
"I know... I know."

"Ah-ha! When do I get the sword-in-the-box trick?"
Hopefully not for a long while...

How's it going Raven?
"I just got here and I already have homework... When can I work on my Alchemy?"
It's a very easy skill, so I want you to hold off for a bit on it, I want you to enjoy it and make it your life's work. You can always work on your magic levels though!
"No thanks, I'm magic-ed out. I guess I'll just upgrade the dog bowl."
I'm sorry dear.

After you're done with that maybe you should go get Bear... he seems to have the wrong idea about looking out the window.

"Silly dog, ok, now what?"
Oh! I have an idea, you'll need to get your garden going for when you plan to start your Alchemy!

"This is more like it."

As I wrap up day one with the Reaper's in Monte Vista, I'll leave everyone with a happy note -
The family that had to move out (except for Cain) all ended up in the empty Mansion on the other end of town.

Everyone is well taken care of. Cain moved out on his own and he hasn't show up as having a house just yet, I'll definitely post it when I find it though!

So, the Reaper's are in Monte Vista! Hopefully everyone will be fairly happy with the outcome of the poll because there was just no way I could choose between the two in the event of a tie. Their children will be equally up for heir next time. Anyways, I'll try to get another update tomorrow or the next day but I can't promise anything, since I've signed the lease yesterday I'm going to be moving in this weekend! My internet could be sparse for a little while, or I might not have time to post after this Friday, so bear with me! I'm doing my best and the Reaper's will be back shortly if I can't get another post up ASAP!

Thank you all for being so kind and patient again while I go back and forth and deal with my moving! It's greatly appreciated!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2013, 02:20:22 PM »
I did not expect a tie, but I'm extremely happy we have two heirs instead of one - things will interesting when their kids are up for the heir polls =D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2013, 02:38:06 PM »
I love your decision :')

That makes me happy to see them both here. What a wise decision, Livvie!
Hope that you still consider to give another story about the progress of the children who didn't made it here. Just mention them in their story is enough even without screenshot :)
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2013, 04:28:42 PM »
Two heirs! Ahhhh!!! I'm so happy. I wanted either of them to live (Mostly Aurora) so the fact that they both got it just perfect. I can't wait to see how this goes.

Two heirs though...that's gonna be rough when it comes to choosing the next generational heir, isn't it?
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2013, 04:37:36 PM »
Aaaaaahh <3

My Raven is here <3

I think that I'm dying with happiness right now <3

This will be a rough journey for deciding the next heir but wish you the best Raven <3 and oh... Aurora too :P
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2013, 05:23:33 PM »
I did not expect a tie, but I'm extremely happy we have two heirs instead of one - things will interesting when their kids are up for the heir polls =D
I didn't expect a tie at all either! Yet as I saw that Aurora and Raven were neck and neck in the end I just had this feeling, so I ended up preparing for a tie in the best way possible. Normally I would've done a second poll, but when I contemplated that I noticed that they were tied with 8 each! 8! I realized what a huge number that was so I decided since so many people loved both of them that I just had to make sure they were both included.
I love your decision :')

That makes me happy to see them both here. What a wise decision, Livvie!
Hope that you still consider to give another story about the progress of the children who didn't made it here. Just mention them in their story is enough even without screenshot :)
Of course I'll keep up with the rest of the family! I love them all way too much to not to! Besides, I do owe Isolde and Isabel an age up in a couple of days with their final makeovers, not to mention I'm still playing matchmaker with Cain to the best of my abilities. That most certainly won't be the last of them though!
Two heirs! Ahhhh!!! I'm so happy. I wanted either of them to live (Mostly Aurora) so the fact that they both got it just perfect. I can't wait to see how this goes.

Two heirs though...that's gonna be rough when it comes to choosing the next generational heir, isn't it?
Oh I hope it won't be so hard, as I don't think I can keep doing this "tie" thing over and over haha, I'll run out of neutral towns!
Aaaaaahh <3

My Raven is here <3

I think that I'm dying with happiness right now <3

This will be a rough journey for deciding the next heir but wish you the best Raven <3 and oh... Aurora too :P
Raven will most certainly be well taken care of, she's definitely the more down-to-earth of the two of them. I believe they'll both thrive in the new town though.

I'm glad to hear everyone took the tie happily! I was hoping that would be a good alternative to me just picking one of them! Anyhow, thank you to everyone for commenting and sharing your support! Playing Sims is super relaxing for me especially when I'm stressed with a move, so I should have plenty of material these next couple of days. :)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Settling In
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2013, 07:34:02 PM »
Anyways, my move appears to have been pushed back a few weeks, so I've gained some extra time to post my new chapters!
[Yes, there are two, I just got a good run through though so there will be two in a row]
Settling In
Of course, as promised, NRaas has decided to give me some great news to start out the update!
First things first, Cain's house - I opened it up, it's a little small but it reminds me of studio apartments downtown, and seeing as he wanted to live in Bridgeport it really feels right for him, so I added some more expensive furniture so he doesn't have to downgrade as well as threw in a few instruments so he can have at it at his LTW.

The big, awesome news though is Cain scored a girlfriend! Her name is Paola Romano, and because it was in the middle of the night I was unable to find and grab a picture of her. It's only been a day, but I'm just too excited for him! Do I hear wedding bells in his future? Maybe?
I immediately told Aurora about it.
"So he didn't even call his twin to tell her huh?"
No, no, it literally just happened now, Twallan told me!
"So you think he will tell me?"
You can always call him and invite him over...
"I like that plan!"

"So, twin, have ya got yourself a girlfriend yet?"
Cain's face went flat. "She told you, didn't she?"
I told you I would be checking in on you!
"I know, I guess I was hoping that some things could remain personal..."
Not on Twallan's watch, not at all.
I let them be to talk a little more, they were hugging and catching up on old times, Cain expressed his love of Music over and over to Aurora.

Before he happily took off to go to his job.
"He seems so happy..." Aurora whispered.
He is, I can tell.
"He found a nice girl, has a nice job that's going well for him... maybe I'm missing something."
It's only been two days love, you'll find it. In the mean time, why don't you go to the art museum to practice your magic and get to level 2 so I can start to get you gigs.
"Good idea."

And you'll never guess who decided to take her day off to go to the art museum that day.

Agnes, of course! As soon as Aurora saw her mother she made a beeline for her.

They talked about the family that stayed with Agnes and caught up.

"So apparently Isolde has been looking into this boy from school, Khang Seng is his name, he seems like a nice boy but he always has sunglasses on."
"Isolde's got a boyfriend? Before Isabel? That's a huge surprise to me! I always thought Isabel would be the first to dig into the boyfriend front. How's Aliester doing anyways, is he adjusting well? Don't tell me he has a girlfriend too!"

"Oh no, he's just as he always was, he's the one that figured out Isolde was into Khang."
"Sounds like him." Aurora laughed, she then excused herself. She really did need to focus on her Magic.

Of course, Agnes being the best Sim-Mom I've ever had stayed and watched her daughter's entire performance for tips. Leaving Aurora her one and only tip of the day of $25. That's what mom's are for, right?
Back at home, Bear was doing his usual... chasing his ball.

I imagine if he could talk he would say something along the lines of "ball! Ball! My favorite thing! I must get the ball! I must get the ball!" But obviously this is just an educated guess at what goes on in his mind as he trips over himself to chase his ball.
Raven on the other hand, was having a bad day alone.

Raven, dear, why are you so upset?
"The spells I have keep failing."
That doesn't seem like all of it, besides, you have the best wand money can buy!
"Yeah... I guess so."

So what's really on your mind?
"Aurora just told me the news she heard from mom at the art gallery today."
That seemed like such happy news though, everyone seems so happy. Isolde's even found a possible suitor from what I heard!
"I know."
Then what's the problem dear?
"I like Khang. I like him a lot."
This is the same Khang that supposedly likes your older sister...?
"Yeah."
Maybe you should talk to Isolde about it, maybe the rumors aren't true...
"I guess so, but I should really be getting some sleep."
Promise me you'll talk to Isolde tomorrow?
"Yeah, sure."

I left her be after that, it's not easy having a family so big sometimes. Raven and Aurora haven't spoken much even though they've been housemates for a while, it concerned me at first, but I think they're just trying to collect themselves. I decided to let Aurora know she might want to be on watch for her sister's feelings, but she's been busy taking care of her career.
They don't even eat together anymore.

If I don't see improvement soon I may need to have an intervention with them... or get Agnes. I oftentimes find that the threat of calling one's mother can bring out the best in any situation - regardless of if you're a child or a full grown adult. Hopefully it won't come to that... We'll just have to see.

So shorter chapter, but I wanted to keep the themes between the two chapter's clearer. Not to mention I didn't grab screenies when I would've hoped to (sometimes I just miss the moments) and so that's why the chapter is a little shorter than usual.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Settling In
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2013, 08:04:55 PM »
Raven always seems so sad! It makes my heart ache =[ I just wanna wrap her up in a hug and pet her pretty hair and tell her it's alright.

That aside, I need moar. You know I love Aurora but I really hope things get better for Raves.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Finding a Suitor
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2013, 08:06:15 PM »
Finding a Suitor
As the next day began, I realized that for some reason the town thought it was Leisure day. I didn't get a notice for it, nor any moodlets but School wasn't in session for young Raven. I decided to push her to see her sister, since they were all conveniently home.
Raven had been sitting on some bitter feelings for her sister, so when she saw Khang chatting with Isolde inside the first thing that happened between them was a slew of accusations. Isolde dragged Raven outside to keep Khang out of it.

"What?! I did NOT steal anything from you! Are you delusional?"
"Of course you did! I told you from the start that I like him and now you're flirting?!"
"Flirting? Little sis you've got the wrong impression of me."

"Maybe, instead of blaming me you should ask me first about it, because then you would know that I've been talking him up to see if he was interested in YOU. Dummy."
"Wait... so you weren't flirting with him...? Mom said-"
"Mom saw me invite him over yesterday and today, he's my lab partner and he sucks at all things mechanical, I've offered to tutor him and get him to trust me so I could ask him if he liked you."
"You did that for me? All that?"
"Of course I did, geez."
"I'm sorry... I just... I heard you two had gotten close and it hurt. Then seeing him inside... it humiliated me."

"I get that, sis, I didn't mean to give you the wrong impression, but there's really nothing between us. He tried flirting with me in the beginning but once he realized how deeply ingrained my hobby was he got a little creeped out. He's a bit of a player though sis, so please be careful."
"Thank you for telling me, I do appreciate it, but I think I want to try it first. You never know what might happen... right?"
"I know, I just don't want you to get hurt. I love you sis."

"I love you too Isolde. I'm sorry again."
"It's ok, I would've thought the same thing if you were me. Now go in and talk to him!"
Raven just smiled really big.

On the other side of town Aurora had started to play fetch with Bear in the town centre when she threw the stick too far, over another fence. Bear leaped for it over and over, but Aurora calmed him before going to knock on the door.
The house belonged to Gino Ferrari. Aurora had heard of him vaguely when I talked about her wanting to meet him in case she found him attractive.

They met, shook hands and Aurora gawked at the beauty of his courtyard. She grabbed the stick, they waved goodbye and that was that.
What did you think of him?
"Meh, just another stuck-up, over the top chef."
No attraction at all?
"Nope, just a tiring conversation of him offering to show me his prized trophies. I'm not interested in someone with money that likes to flaunt it. I prefer hard workers."
How would you know if he wasn't one?
"It's just something I sensed."
After returning to Bear, Aurora walked him home and took off for the Pizzeria down the block. She thoroughly enjoyed being in the center of this beautiful town, walking distance to everything.
She set up shop and started practicing for tips. She was alone until someone caught her eye, causing her to fail her wand-into-flowers trick.

Aurora gulped and stopped performing to introduce herself.

It was then I realized I should leave her alone to get to know this stranger without someone watching her back.
Raven was having a similar time.

So I decided to take off the sunglasses to see this potential suitor.

He was awfully cute, he had quite the baby-face.
Of course Agnes was home and she made a beeline to see her long-lost daughter Raven.

However, she was sad to find that her daughter had ignored her "Hug" interaction to flirt with the boy who was visiting her house.

Sorry, Agnes, you're always such a good mom, but you should probably let your daughter have some space and I'll send her to find you momentarily.
"Ugh. Teenagers." Agnes muttered as she went up stairs to wait, defeated.
The day had only just begun though, now that the two girls had found someone, it was time to let the woo-ing commence.

**Agnes really is a great mom, in these past two chapters whenever she comes across Aurora or Raven she makes a beeline to them with the interaction to "Hug."
Cain and Aurora were very cute too, the minute I called Cain over he and Aurora started autonomously talking. Cain really did mention his enthusiasm for music multiple times while talking about proper etiquette.
The problem I've noticed with the family trait thus far? Always accusing everyone of "impropriety" (like Isolde did autonomously when Raven stepped on the doorstep). Ironically I did get a notice saying Khang and Isolde had some chemistry from my Story Progression, but when I checked it said Isolde wasn't in a relationship with anyone. There are only two teenage boys in town right now (unfortunately) and while at first I was hesitant about them both (for some reason both are set up wearing sunglasses - ridiculous, in fact out of the 6 original townie teenagers, 5 of them wear sunglasses) I ended up liking Khang a lot more for Raven. I thought it was funny though that Isolde had supposedly snatched up one of the two teenage boys at the school, but the legacy must go on!
Thank you all for your comments and posts! These were just some short chapters I've done during my anxious periods these past few days. Comments are always appreciated. :)

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Settling In and Finding a Suitor
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2013, 08:20:11 PM »
Monte Vista is sunny. Of course the whole population is wearing sunglasses XD I'm sorry, I commented to early. I didn't catch the two chapters part.

I want to say something about the guy Aurora met, but I can't or I'll spoil my own story XD Yay for everything getting better, though! That boy Raves has a crush on is an absolute cutey.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2013, 08:41:59 PM »
Oh, I'm glad to know that Cain scored a girlfriend!It's good to see the family again ;D
That was a good expression of Raven that you capture there. She is good with that kind expression kinda suit her :)
Oh, not... I hope they will not running into problem!

I knew that feeling; I'm with you Raven ::)
I’m also glad that everything between Isolde and Raven has sorted out.

Yeah, I'm with you Aurora! I dislike people who like that! Poor Agnes! Trying to be a matchmaker, huh :P ?
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »
Interesting, this updates includes more of Raven ♥

I’m glad to know that the entire family still making appearance here. They must be really loved their family, coming from Sunset Valley to Monte Vista is unbelievable! It still looks like foreign place after all :)

I just love Raven expression, I can't explain it she may be looks sad but it's suit her well and she's beautiful. I hope that I can see more of Raven expression in more close up view. Just hoping wouldn't do any harm to you, right dear Watcher? ♥
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

anything