Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 327451 times)

Offline kittenalive

• The Mystic
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Happy Endings and New Beginnings
« Reply #210 on: December 08, 2013, 02:59:43 PM »
OMG, Demi is so adorable! Where did the hair come from? OMG She is just...,.HDLUKAGKHDLAHFRGDKABFKYU! She's so cute!!! <3

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Future Instability
« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2013, 03:17:40 PM »
With all this progress, there is one thing I need to ask though...
Is the last story when Demi died gonna be the last appearance for Dexter? If it's not I hope Falcon would have strong enough heart to be break the second time and Emrin is strong enough to stand alone... As Dexter seems to be super Evil and now that Falcon not evil anymore... I don't know,  it might go bad, it might not.  :)
Dexter moved to Midnight Hollow. He no longer resides in Monte Vista so we shouldn't run into Dexter anymore for this generation. Dexter was going to be the story line followed by Falor if Falor had won the poll. My plan was that if Falor had won he would have struggled his whole life avenging Demi to eventually resurrect her after he had gotten much older and attempted to settle down and have children. Because he did not win I wanted him to have a happy future so I cheated to have him bring Demi back right away. I want a happy ending for everyone!

Glad to see Falor and Demi together. Good luck to them and their future life. And, Ezran's hair style looks very cool. Looking forward for next chapter.
Yay! Demi's back! I've never explored Oasis Landing before so this will be fun. And Ezran reminds me of Mackelmore too. Like a lot.  ;D
OMG, Demi is so adorable! Where did the hair come from? OMG She is just...,.HDLUKAGKHDLAHFRGDKABFKYU! She's so cute!!! <3
Thank you all! I'm excited for this next update, though it's pretty text-heavy. Oasis Landing is going to be a lot of fun, I can tell. As for Demi (she's so adorable. I love her hair and eyes!) her hair is from the store I believe. Found here.

Forgive this update, it's very text-heavy but try to read through it all as it has some important information dealing with Emrin.
I'm sorry if it's a little choppy. I was trying to break through my writers block. I hope everyone enjoys. If there's any question about any information I've put in here please ask, I did put a few psychology terms in there that I'm not sure if they were clearly explained or not. Comments are always welcome!

Future Instability
Emrin awoke to a bright white ceiling with fluorescent lights causing her to squint her eyes.
"Good Morning, Ms. Reaper." A deeper voice called out to her. Emrin grumbled as she turned to see a man in a white lab coat staring at her. "Can you sit up for me?"
Emrin sat up slowly feeling a pain in her arm - there was an IV in it. "Where... where am I?"
"You're in the Monte Vista General Hospital." He said levelly. "I'm going to ask you some basic questions, ok?"
"What am I doing here?"
"Calm down, now, what is your name?"
"Emrin Reaper."
"Good, good. What is the season we are in?"
"... Summer?"
"Yes. Very good. How old are you?"
"22."
"Yes, very good Ms. Reaper. Now, do you know why you're here?"
Emrin paused. "No." She said softly. "Am I sick?"
"No, Ms. Reaper. Do you remember anything at all from this morning's events?"
"Events? What happened?"
"You attempted to attack your cousin's wife."
"Demi? I attacked Demi?!"
"Your cousin came in and attempted to calm you when you pulled a knife on him."
"Oh my watcher! Did I hurt him? Oh please tell me he's ok!"
"Don't worry, your cousin Falor only has a few minor cuts and Demi and her baby are fine."
"Baby?!"
"She had just announced her pregnancy before you lost control."
"Why don't I remember any of this? Is this some kind of sick joke?!"
"No, calm down Ms. Reaper. Your father brought you here."
"My... dad?"
"Your cousin thought to call him after he disabled you. You were not in a good state of mind."
"Good state of mind? I don't remember any of this!"
"I know, take a deep breath now with me."
Emrin resisted but eventually calmed and took a deep breath.
"Very good. Emrin, I need you to stay calm and stay with me here. With today's accidental events I have a strong suspicion that you are experiencing major episodes of Instability. A lot of the symptoms for this include but aren't limited to: short-lived fugue state, irrational behavior, paranoia, extreme feelings such as happiness, anger, lust... and frequent personality changes." The doctor's words were going over her head.
"So... I'm Unstable?"
"I'm afraid so."
"Is there medication?"
"Not that can be prescribed. I'm here to try to help you overcome this, but given the way these episodes manifest I'm not sure home-treatment is possible alone. Are you going to continue your living arrangements with Falor and Demi?"
"No, no. I'm not going to crowd them. I'm supposed to strike out on my own."
"I'm afraid I can't recommend you to do that."
"I don't have much of a choice."
The therapist sighed. "I see I can't change your mind, maybe I can order a bracelet for you."
"Like the kind for old people?"
"Not really, just one so that if you get yourself in trouble they know to take you to a hospital and they'll know why."
Emrin sighed hard. "Seriously?"
"You held a weapon to your cousin. You have to take this seriously, Emrin." He said with a harsh undercut.
Emrin was silenced by his words.
"So, about that bracelet..."

Emrin was discharged later in the day. She felt ashamed and hid the bracelet she just got in her pocket.
Emrin went back to her house she grew up in to say goodbye to Falor and Demi.
"Are you sure you have to go? You can stay here you know!"
"I'm not sure it's the best idea for me to stay here with you and Falor. I think I need to strike out on my own."
"It's not a problem, really!"

"Thank you, but I'm ok. You need to take care of yourself, and the little one!"
Demi beamed and rubbed her stomach. "Take care Emrin. Remember you're always welcome here."
"I will. You too."

Emrin gave me specific orders on her small house.

Bear got comfortable in the house while Emrin went off to explore the town she was supposed to be in.

"Greetings, Sim of past time." The time traveler said to her.
"Cut to the chase, I'm coming with." Emrin said flatly.
"Oh, uh... er... to the future?"
"Where else, dummy?"
"You're quite strong willed, aren't you?"
"The best of us are." She said.
"Well the time machine is busted, so you'll have to help me repair it with 5-"
"Here."

"Oh you got them already?"
"Yeah, can we go now?"
"Uh... Er... Uhm. Yes!" He straightened up. "Yes."
"Good, now hurry up!"
Emrin stepped through the portal and time and space.

Reaching Oasis Landing.

"It's so beautiful!" Emrin Said breathlessly. She couldn't wait to try out everything.
The time traveler gave her a jetpack and asked her to try it out.

She genuinely enjoyed it... until she fell out of the sky.

After that near-deadly-accident she decided to stop listening to the time traveler permanently. Instead, she decided to scope out the area and all of it's residents.

Yes, all of the good-looking residents.
The end of the day had dawned and soon Emrin found herself exhausted and asking to stay over at Felix's home after they had been chatting for a while. He welcomed her in and showed her an open bedroom.

Emrin awoke to florescent lights on a white ceiling. Oh watcher, not again. Emrin thought quietly.
"Good Morning Ms. Reaper." A robotic voice said to her. "How are you?"
"Fine." Emrin whispered still staring at the ceiling.
"I'm going to ask you some questions." Emrin turned slightly to see a female Plumbot nurse with a clipboard.
"Number one. What is your name?" The bot's voice clicked and hummed with every word.
"Emrin Reaper."
"Correct. Number two. What season is it?"
"Summer."
"Correct." The plumbot droned on and Emrin answered all of her questions, she patiently waited out the day until they finally discharged her.
She stepped out of the hospital in Oasis landing and looked at the darkening sky with a sad face when a robotic voice called to her.
"Ms. Reaper! Ms. Reaper!" A bot was hovering over to her.

"Wha-?" Emrin rubbed her eyes a little.
"I'm glad to see you are not ill." The robot strew together some words as he scanned her. "You appear to have recovered from earlier." His words felt patchy. Emrin got a good look at the rusty plumbot.

"Uhm, can I help you?" Emrin asked softly.
"You don't remember me?" The bot had a sad tone in his robotic voice.
Emrin felt a twinge of guilt. "I'm Unstable. I often have bouts of fugue state."
The bot cocked it's head. "Fugue State: formally dissociative fugue or psychogenic fugue, is a rare psychiatric disorder characterized by reversible amnesia for personal identity, including the memories, personality, and other identifying characteristics of individuality." It read from it's internal memory.
"Yeah. That." Emrin said quietly.
"Forgive me then, Ms. Reaper. You helped me this morning. You purchased me. I am Glitch."
"Glitch?"

"Glitch is my name."
"Why would someone name you something like that?"
The robot looked down slowly. "I was not good enough. I did not make my creator happy. He wanted to be rid of me."
"That's awful." Emrin said softly. "So I bought you?"
"You gave me a home. You got sick though. You fell on the floor and would not respond to stimuli. When I scanned you to check your vitals I found this in your pocket." The robot handed her the bracelet she got from the therapist in Monte Vista."
"Oh."
"I have problems computing older languages, but I was able to match up the symbol and figured out that you needed medical treatment, so I took you here. Is all well?"
"Yeah, I just had an episode." Emrin said quietly.
"Buying me was part of your episode?"
"I'm afraid so."
"Don't worry, Ms. Reaper. I understand. I can leave you be. Thank you anyways." The bot turned slowly with his head low.
"No, no. You don't have to leave Glitch."
"I do not need to leave?"
"I want you to stay." Emrin said quietly. "I could really use a friend."
"Friend: a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection."
"Yeah, a friend." Emrin kicked a rock with her shoe.
"I would like to be your friend." The bot said to her. "I would like that a lot."
"I'm glad. We should head home though, do you think you can help me get there?"
"Absolutely Ms. Reaper."
"Please, call me Emrin."
"Absolutely," the bot paused, "Em-rin."

Emrin smiled. Glitch called for a taxi and got them both back to the living quarters. Emrin was exhausted as she climbed the stairs.
"Do you need rest, Ms. Emrin?" Glitch probed.
"Yeah. I'm pretty tired Glitch, but I'm hesitant to go to sleep. I don't want to wake up and... not remember." Emrin said quietly.
"You fear your Instability?" Glitch tilted his head as something flashed up on his eyes, like an internet screen. "Try using a dreampod to sleep."
"Dreampod, how will that help?"
"Dreampods let you control your dreams while you sleep. Like, controlling your thoughts. Many people have had Instability before and have used them to help them not wake up having an episode."
"Really?"
"They are not comfortable for sleep, or so the reviews say it's not recommended for often use, but it helps to alleviate short-term worries."
Emrin relaxed a little. "Thank you, Glitch."
"Any time, Ms. Emrin."
Emrin laid down in a dream pod and fell almost instantly to sleep.
Glitch looked happily at her. "I have a friend." He said quietly. "I will always help my friend."
He then powered himself off for the night next to Emrin's dreampod.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2013, 04:50:28 PM »
I always love when someone put their knowledge and shared them into their story, it makes learning so much fun! Especially, when I see there is our favourite character. So, don't worry Livvie! People who care and don’t understand would like to know what it means by seeking them their selves or they can always ask you :)

Thanks for the update, I can’t comment much because this is the beginning but I’m glad to see that Emrin is alright in the future. I hope that she would find the cure or she could control herself instead being Unstable Sims.

I learn new terms from you to my own dictionary. There are “fluorescent and twinge” and I always loved to see Sims story that tell about disability or mental illness and something that related with psychiatric terms and author who explore more about them to widen our horizon. I think I have soft spot to those people :)

Currently still uploading for the next chapter, so it’s nice idea to stop by and reading yours! And I don’t mind text based anyway, I always loved to read that and I enjoy your writing style so don’t worry!

P.S: Don't forget about Fa-lor! His beard awesomeness cannot be missed :P
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2013, 06:02:34 PM »
I love the update, Livvie! Don't worry about text based this time, I think some of them will be necessary in specific chapter and I know that will not always forever :)

I never expected that Emrin would attack anyone  :o

And you’re right, when I reading yours, people in the future was so GORGEOUS, I can’t wait who is the lucky one for our dear Emrin. I do love when you explain about everything via Glitch. Glitch was an interesting name! What about Bear? Why don’t you tag him along with Emrin? I missed him, even that I never mentioned him.

I hope that she would be alright and not attacking anyone when she’s collapsed.
I also look forward for Falor and Demi recurring appearance and also The Reapers.
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2013, 09:20:55 PM »
Wow, the future world looks wonderful. Good to see the 'Glitch' plumbob. It seems like she is very delighted to have a friend to serve. Good luck to Emrin and her life in the future. And I really wish the dreampod may cure Emrin's unstablity.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2013, 11:13:39 PM »
I would have never expected Emrin to attack anyone!  I really hope she gets her Instability under control.

Your writing is fantastic, Liv, I've loved your story from the get go. I can't help but wonder, though, how Emrin's Instability will affect her family life....she'll need an understanding husband.

Oasis Landing looks beautiful though! Can't wait to get it for myself. =D
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Instability and Family
« Reply #216 on: December 09, 2013, 07:53:03 PM »
I always love when someone put their knowledge and shared them into their story, it makes learning so much fun! Especially, when I see there is our favourite character. So, don't worry Livvie! People who care and don’t understand would like to know what it means by seeking them their selves or they can always ask you :)

Thanks for the update, I can’t comment much because this is the beginning but I’m glad to see that Emrin is alright in the future. I hope that she would find the cure or she could control herself instead being Unstable Sims.

I learn new terms from you to my own dictionary. There are “fluorescent and twinge” and I always loved to see Sims story that tell about disability or mental illness and something that related with psychiatric terms and author who explore more about them to widen our horizon. I think I have soft spot to those people :)

Currently still uploading for the next chapter, so it’s nice idea to stop by and reading yours! And I don’t mind text based anyway, I always loved to read that and I enjoy your writing style so don’t worry!

P.S: Don't forget about Fa-lor! His beard awesomeness cannot be missed :P
Thank you so much! It's good to know that I'm not overstepping with some of the terms. I was trying very hard to make it more realistic but understandable. Haha, I love learning new words myself so I tend to use a thesaurus whenever I can! I'm excited to read more into your story, as I'm not uploading another chapter for mine! I try to avoid text-based when I can because I know it can be hard for some to follow. I used to have problems reading blocks of text myself, but I've learned ways around it, but now I like to help those who struggled with reading a lot small text (by using larger text and breaking up large paragraphs so it all doesn't start to run together) like I used to.
After this next chapter Emrin is due for a trip home, unfortunately time freezes at home so nothing will have happened but I'm going to try to work something in!

I love the update, Livvie! Don't worry about text based this time, I think some of them will be necessary in specific chapter and I know that will not always forever :)

I never expected that Emrin would attack anyone  :o

And you’re right, when I reading yours, people in the future was so GORGEOUS, I can’t wait who is the lucky one for our dear Emrin. I do love when you explain about everything via Glitch. Glitch was an interesting name! What about Bear? Why don’t you tag him along with Emrin? I missed him, even that I never mentioned him.

I hope that she would be alright and not attacking anyone when she’s collapsed.
I also look forward for Falor and Demi recurring appearance and also The Reapers.
Yes, it's quite out of character for her but it is a part of her instability. With the Unstable trait your Sim wakes up "Out of Sorts" and will occasionally "Act Agitated" but honestly that's really it. I wanted more realism and depth to my story so I adjusted it to suit the needs of someone who is majorly affected with Instability. It makes the story interesting and adds a new aspect I get to play with! :)
Bear is currently at the home lot in Monte Vista. I didn't take him with the first time and I'm unsure if it's even possible to travel to the future with your pet. Emrin will be revisiting the past eventually and Bear will be there, as always. Bear has been the designated watcher of the legacy. He'll be with us all the way 'til the end!
Don't worry, those gorgeous sims are going to be making a few babies with Emrin. ;)
Actually, you'll be reading about that soon!

Wow, the future world looks wonderful. Good to see the 'Glitch' plumbob. It seems like she is very delighted to have a friend to serve. Good luck to Emrin and her life in the future. And I really wish the dreampod may cure Emrin's unstablity.
The future is gorgeous! Glitch touches my heart. He's a very lost plumbot but he's got quite the personality. He reminds me a lot of Wall-E if anyone has seen that movie. Actually, I kind of want to watch that now... The dreampod unfortunately only prevents an instability attack. Glitch has started to become her stability and he watches over her without judging to make sure she's alright. It's his main role, actually.

I would have never expected Emrin to attack anyone!  I really hope she gets her Instability under control.

Your writing is fantastic, Liv, I've loved your story from the get go. I can't help but wonder, though, how Emrin's Instability will affect her family life....she'll need an understanding husband.

Oasis Landing looks beautiful though! Can't wait to get it for myself. =D
I know! I wanted it to throw everyone off! As a writer, her instability gives me limitless options for stories, so it'll be around for a while as her lifelong struggle. Emrin's family life is, indeed, interesting. Her family will be growing majorly in this next two parter, so prepare for some interesting moments. As for her husband, I've had my eye on a certain someone, but Emrin actually won't marry for a while in story-wise. Her emotions are a little too far off for her to develop a relationship with someone who doesn't understand her, which I'm finding a lot of the residents don't.
One thing I will say, her love story will likely be unforgettable.

Anyways, *sound of intercom* ladies and gentlemen, we are about to be landing at the next update where we will be allowing you to stop and stretch for a few moments before we continue on our crazy journey with the Reapers. Please do not unfasten your seatbelt until the plane has come to a full stop, thank you for flying Air Reaper.
(Sorry, had to do that - this update is a two-parter, so stay tuned!)

Instability and Family Part 1
Glitch and Emrin had spent many evenings together working out a strategy for her instability. They struggled often with it and Emrin was tiring of sleeping in the dreampod which hurt her back. Ultimately a move was necessary, so Glitch helped Emrin pick out a house that would be fit for her needs.

The house was beautiful and high-tech. Emrin, though, had rearranged the master suit to include a regular bed.
"I'm hesitant to sleep on a regular bed again," she paused, "but I just can't do another night in the dreampod. My back is started to ache when I even think about that machine!"
"I have a few ideas. A normal bed should be fine for you. I will monitor your condition in the mornings, you have not had an episode in several weeks. That is promising." Glitch responded.

"Glitch, I have something else I need to ask you about..."
"What is your question?"
"Do you think I'd ever be... capable..." Emrin paused, thinking of the right words, "of being a mother?"
Glitch scanned her. "You are physically healthy and fertile. You should have no problems conceiving."
"That wasn't the question." Emrin said sadly.
"Oh. I apologize. What did you mean?"
"Do you think my instability will prevent me from being a good mother, as in, the emotional parts of it?"
Glitch paused. "There is no logical answer for that." Glitch said as his processor hummed in his head. "It is not recommended Unstable Sims have children." He paused. "The research is not very often wrong, but, in my own opinion," he paused, humming and processing continued, "you would be a great mother. Research can be wrong, and I think that is the case in this situation."
"You really think so?" Emrin said softly.
"Absolutely."
"I would love to have a child." Emrin said softly.
"Why do you not then?"
"I need a secondary person to have a child with me." Emrin laughed a little, this should be obvious information.
"For DNA?"
"Yes, for..." Emrin paused, thinking of a way Glitch would understand. "Copulation."
"Co-pu-la-tion?" His processor hummed again, then his digital eyes went wide. "Oh, no no. Ms. Emrin, we have other ways to have children these days."
"Wait, what?"
"We genetically engineer most children. You sort through the DNA of you and someone else to pick the best matching pair to have children with. Often, men offer themselves up for the DNA so that woman can become mothers without needing... co-pu-la-tion."
"Really? That's really helpful. Do you think I might be able to engineer a child with a friend?"
"Correct." Glitch said. "If I can be so bold, I would like to recommend someone."
"I'm all ears."

The mystery man arrived.

Emrin and he started to work out the details of their child. This man was on the DNA giver list. He only had a few requests.
"There's nothing wrong with children, but I think I'd like to keep my attachment minimal. I would like to start a family with a special gal someday later and while the child is always welcome to get to know me I'd rather it be on a friendly basis rather than a paternal basis."
"I think I can handle that. Just don't blow off our child if they call or want to get to know you."
"That's always welcome. Hey, I might change my mind when I meet the kid."
"If you ever reject our child I promise, I will hunt you down. My biological father abandoned my mother and I, I was lucky to have a stepdad but when I went to seek out who my biological father was... he rejected me, denied my existence and told me to never step foot near him again. He broke my heart as a girl. He really messed up my view of family..."
"I'm sorry to hear that. I promise I won't be anything like that. Curiosity will hit the child unless you somehow get married before they become able to recognize anything different. I'm always here if they have questions, I'd just like you to encourage them to call me an uncle, or a close friend rather than their father."
"I can deal with that, but promise me this: if you do get married and start a family, our child won't be a second-rate child?"
"Of course not."
"So we have a deal?"
"Absolutely."
"Tomorrow at noon then, we'll meet up and get our DNA arranged."
"I'll see you then."
"Thank you. This means a lot to me."
"Think nothing of it."
Emrin smiled and showed him out.
Glitch had been busy on the third floor of their house arranging a special room for the soon-to-arrive child.

"Wow, Glitch, this is amazing! I didn't think you'd be so excited for a baby!"
"I do have the robonanny chip installed. It is in my wiring." He looked at her happily.

Glitch finally felt needed and important. He was probably overdoing his preparations, but he had never felt so happy in the world. He felt like the luckiest plumbot in existence.
Emrin started to plan out exactly what she wanted her child to look like between her picture and the donors.
She smiled to herself as she tucked herself in that night. Things were finally going so right.

Emrin woke up to fluorescent lights on a white ceiling. She swallowed hard.
"Good morning, Ms. Reaper." A robotic voice sounded.
"What time is it? I have an appointment I need to get to!" She said immediately.
"It is 10 o-clock am." The robotic voice said. Emrin sat up quickly to see the Plumbot nurse with her clipboard. There was a window to outside the room where she saw Glitch eagerly waving at her as he sat in a white sterile chair.
"I'm going to ask you questions Ms. Reaper."
"Ok." Emrin said resigned.
"Number one. What is your name?"
"Emrin Reaper."
"Correct. Number two. What season is it?"
"Summer." Emrin sighed deeply.
"Correct. Number three. How old are you?"
"22." Emrin said quietly, then noted "almost 23."
"Correct. When is your birthday."
"End of Summer."
"Correct. You appear to be back in your normal state. You are free to leave as soon as I check your vitals."
Emrin looked down at the floor, feeling awful that the first morning she was supposed to be overjoyed and happy about becoming a mother has turned into her struggling with the instability that controlled her life.
"There now." The plumbot said. "You may go home now."
"Thank you." Emrin said quietly as she sat up and grabbed her metal jewelry off the bedside stand.
She exited the hospital to wait outside for the mystery donor to meet for their appointment.

Glitch followed her out and scanned her as well. "I was very worried this morning Ms. Emrin." Glitch said quietly. "You snuck out of the house while I was recharging."
"I did?"
"I found you at your friend's house though. Everything appeared normal, but you acted very agitated so I took you here to double check."
"Thank you, do you know anything of what happened this morning?"
"No, unfortunately. You were leaving by the time I saw you."
"Was anyone harmed?"
"No, I called a plumbot of mine who lived at the house, she confirmed that everyone was ok."
Emrin smiled. "Well, this morning could've been worse than it was."
"I am glad you are ok." Glitch said. "There is your donor."
Emrin felt her gut twist up. "After this morning... Glitch... I don't know."
"Everything is fine. He grabbed her shoulders with his rusted hands. "Do not let your instability define your life."
Glitch turned and scanned the donor before moving to sit on a bench. "I will be out here if you need me." He said softly as he started to whistle.
"Are you ready mi'lady?" The man asked kindly. Emrin smiled, thinking of what Glitch just told her and giving him one last long glance.
"Yes. Let's go engineer a child!"

It took all day to process the DNA. Emrin was back, staring again at the white ceiling and bright lights but this time with a good reason. She was becoming a mother.
"I have scanned the DNA for diseases or genetic issues and removed them." The Plumbot said. "Are there any physical changes you would like to make? I understand you want the child to be a boy, correctly."
Emrin smiled, "yes, a boy." She remembered the father's wish to be friendly but not overly attached and added: "give him a striking eye color and some beach-y blond hair."
"What color eyes would you prefer Ms. Reaper?"
"Randomize it." She said quietly.
"Ok then." The plumbot handed her a tablet screen with all of the choices on the left and a picture of a beautiful baby boy on the right. "This is the outcome, is this fitting of your desires? Would you like to change anything?"
Emrin teared up. "No, he's perfect."
The plumbot pried the picture out of Emrin's hand and said, "just a moment." The machine he was working on hummed and buzzed. "This part takes the longest." The plumbot said quickly. "The baby must go through all the phases of embryo. It's sped up, obviously, but we do like to take a decent time to ensure everything develops correctly."
Emrin nodded. "Just make sure he's healthy."
"Of course."
Emrin waited for what felt like days as she watched her son being formed. She wanted to reach out and touch the machine he was in, but the wires on her that allowed the child to hear her heartbeat and voice prevented her from moving much. Soon the machine hummed louder and the plumbot came in and pressed a few more buttons. The machine started to open up and a soft cry was heard. Emrin smiled a wide, knowing smile.
The plumbot handed her the little boy after removing the wires from her. "What is the name?"
Emrin cradled her son. "Noten." She said softly. "Noten Reaper."
The plumbot took Noten's fingerprints and gave him a checkup before he allowed them to leave. It was dark outside when Emrin left with her sweet Noten.

Her stomach had grown nauseated, but she was too happy to notice. She happily held her son all the way home.
Glitch, upon meeting Noten took a liking to him right away.

It was too late to let Noten age up, so they put him to bed and rested themselves.

The next day Glitch woke up bright and early to take Noten to his toddler cake.

But when Emrin awoke and stumbled downstairs, Glitch knew something was wrong. He walked over to her.
"Emrin, it is Noten's birthday." Glitch said quietly.
Emrin jumped and looked at him nervously. Glitch handed her a paper bag. "Take some deep breaths. It is ok. Everything is ok." Glitch repeated.

She breathed into the bag and calmed herself.
"Where am I?" She asked quickly before she looked around the room.
"Emrin, you're home. With me." Glitch said calmly. "Your son is becoming a toddler."
"Noten? Is he ok?"
"Yes. Everything is ok, come see your son grow up."
Emrin nodded. Her son grew up beautifully.

His traits are Loves the Heat and Sailor. He was a beach-y, summer boy.
Glitch helped Emrin up to the nursery where he started to train Noten on how to use the potty chair. Emrin watched over them as she calmed her thoughts. "Thank you, Glitch." She whispered to him, she was tired and she had started to doze. Glitch just nodded and went on playing with little Noten.
Here's the baby-spam!

Noten is a very straight-faced kid. He's still very adorable though.

I only took a half a dozen pictures of him just learning how to be potty trained, so...

Anyways, Emrin was awoken very quickly with nausea and a need to vomit.

She had been feeling it a lot, on and off. The stress of motherhood and her previous attack were weighing on her so she went for a walk. She visited the father of Noten and then walked home slowly. Suddenly, it became apparent that something else was going on with her.

When she spun into maternity wear.
She was shocked and stunned. "I'm... pregnant? Who... who's the dad?" She asked herself, shocked.
She walked home slowly and broke the news to Glitch.
"So... I'm pregnant."

"Really? How did that happen?"
"To be honest, I don't know."
"Oh."
"Yeah..."
"What do we do now?"
"I guess I'm having another baby?"
Glitch nodded. "Might I suggest using the dreampod for the next few nights... for the baby's safety?"
"Good idea." Emrin said quietly.

Glitch scanned her once over.
He looked up at her and said finally. "Your baby seems healthy and happy. Who is the father?"
Emrin's smile faded. "I... don't know, actually."
"When the baby comes I will take a DNA sample for you?"
"Yeah, that's a good idea." Emrin nodded. "Thank you."
"Anything for you, Ms. Emrin. Now let's get you inside."
Noten was inside, happily playing with the traditional imaginary friend doll, unaware of anything else in the world.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2013, 09:28:48 PM »
Instability and Family Part 2
Glitch caved to every whim of Emrin. If she wanted a specific meal at a specific time, or if her back hurts.
"Are you sure this isn't too much trouble?" Emrin asked.
"No! It's in my wiring." He responded.

Noten is an adorable toddler.

His first favorite toy asides from his Imaginary Friend doll is his toy boat. No surprise for a sailor like him though.

Emrin's pregnancy was starting to give her back problems, she struggled to stay asleep in the dreampod and would often awake and move herself to her usual bed. Glitch would stay on guard throughout the night. When she woke up agitated and out of sorts he would hand her a baggie and help her take deep breaths to bring her out of it.

It was as if she were just waking up after she used the paper bag, so she often felt disoriented and dazed.
While Emrin recuperated from her attacks, Glitch would take care of Noten until Emrin was well enough to spend time with her son.

Who is still incredibly adorable.

Emrin worked on teaching him to walk and getting him ready for life in that manor.

Her plan was to help him walk before she couldn't see her feet.
He learned quickly and was soon toddling around the house.

Glitch would autonomously teach Noten to talk during the off times that Emrin needed to rest.

Though Noten seemed a little resistant to the spoken word.

Emrin took her time and painted to keep herself calm. Deciding she would spend her last night as a pregnant woman in the dreampod.

Glitch scanned her one more time to ensure the baby was still healthy and happy.
"Your baby is very strong." Glitch chuckled. "I can not wait to meet him or her."
"Are they healthy?"
"Very. I'm sure they will turn out just fine."
Emrin sighed with relief. "I'm so glad."
"Get some rest now, Ms. Emrin. Your due-date is tomorrow after all."
"Thank you for everything, Glitch."
"Always, Ms. Reaper." Glitch watched her go up the elevator. "Always." He said softer.

The next morning was the first day of fall. Emrin woke up glowing and heavily pregnant.

Glitch had taken full responsibility of Noten for the day, allowing Emrin some time to herself to just sit and admire the view from their house.

It was only after a few moments of watching TV that Emrin finally felt the pangs of labour.

After a few hours of laboring she finally gave birth.

To a healthy baby boy.

Atrox Reaper, Loves the Outdoors and Easily Impressed.
Emrin rushed him to a toddler cake to see if he would resemble his father.

Sure enough, with glitch cheering them on, all was revealed.

"Shall I get the DNA test?" Glitch asked.
"No." Emrin said softly. "I know who his father is."

Offline ToniSimbot

• Llama Wrangler
  • We shall take over SimNation with fire and blood
    • Simblr (beware spoilers)
« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2013, 11:13:39 PM »
Oh unreliable narrator! I like this very much even if I'm dying to know everything. The unstable trait looks interesting and you make Oasis Landing look so nice - I'm never in it long enough to appreciate it.

Have fun with two toddlers!
Current Story: Vesta's Reward

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #219 on: December 09, 2013, 11:51:07 PM »
I loved how realistic that your story is. Bravo for Livvie! The way that you described there is true.

And your story become more interesting when there's a mystery father who is revealed as someone that I know in the previous chapter. I really want to know what people think of her is when she’s in unstable state. Is she still the same Emrin or she’s really a different person?
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #220 on: December 10, 2013, 06:43:17 AM »
If I may ask, do genetically engineering really featuring genetic from the past generation? Or what the new option did just create a new child with bland generated townies? Oh, because I don’t have Into the Future yet, may I ask if that can be applied to same-sex couples to have kids? It seems so disappointing when there’s a store item that can makes even males to have kids but what they did just created random thing. If I know I’ll never ask my sister. I’m not truly disappointed though because there’s a new animation and that’s good for a storytelling purpose.

I also loved how much details that you put in your story, this story not only enjoyable to read but has some education value. It seems there a lot of option that can be installed for Glitch isn’t it? I loved Back to the Future movies, so what make me excited from this expansion is the kind of future that our Sims would create. I would like to have my copy soon, but knowing there’s opportunity glitch that hasn’t been fixed, I have my second thought and it also would be nice to have a discount later ^^

Do you have any background stories for the children names? Noten and Atrox kinda unusual in my eyes, would you mind to tell me for that? I also want to know about Emrin, is she a different person when she collapsed? It would be a nice idea to consider about that Livvie. I hope Emrin would be alright and nothing scary happen!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #221 on: December 10, 2013, 09:47:44 AM »
My brain continues to reject this thought, though I cant help but feel it's very possible for it to be true: Glitch seems just a little bit in love with Emrin. Can the bots fall in love with humans? If they can, I both reject and accept the idea of Glitch being in love with Emrin.

Noten is precious. Those eyes! Both of the boy's eyes are ridiculous! Are they natural or CC, they're so glimmery. I know who Atrox's father is =3 I don't know his name, but I remember him from earlier. Hehehe. But once again, your story telling blows me away Livs! It's this story that's doing a great deal to help me get through the stress of studying for finals this week. If not for you, I would have lost it and thrown myself out a window from stress by now.
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #222 on: December 10, 2013, 10:01:02 AM »
Poor Emrin. I didn't play around with the Unstable trait so it's great to see someone making use of it. The boys are beautiful!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: December 10, 2013, 11:39:03 AM »
Oh unreliable narrator! I like this very much even if I'm dying to know everything. The unstable trait looks interesting and you make Oasis Landing look so nice - I'm never in it long enough to appreciate it.

Have fun with two toddlers!
Unfortunately and Awesomely the second son looks very much like his father. I was kind of hoping he wouldn't gain so much color from his dad (making it obvious) but once I saw he had it I couldn't even bear to take it away it was just too adorable. If ANYONE is just dying to know who the father is, I did put it up in the Family Tree - both of them. However, if you can hold off and wait until it's revealed then good on you. I know I was never good at waiting though. It is up for anyone to see, I just hope that those who already know will keep quieter on who they are for the rest.
Yeah, in most of my games I usually only stop in to grab the lottery ticket thing before heading back to the past. It's very beautiful, but it's lacking quite a bit that a normal town would have - now that I'm living in it. Emrin actually wanted a girl the second time around but there was no grocery store to grab watermelons and the only way I could ensure it was a girl was if I changed all of Atrox's notable features (eyes, hair) to something more normal.
Atrox's dad has become more apparent to everyone if you read through past chapters on Oasis Landing. I'm ok with his dad not being a huge mystery because the shock was more to Emrin that she was Pregnant. However I'm also not going to outright say who that is either... Heh.
Anyways, sorry for the rant, the two toddlers are absolutely adorable. I adore having them around even moreso with Glitch who never seems to tire of running over and autonomously doing things with them EXCEPT when their asleep. I seriously gained some great respect for Glitch as he never wakes a toddler up like normal sims do that always seem to want to spam play with their toddler. I mean, it's adorable. Glitch will go nonstop action after action after action and then just start teaching them their skills. No direction needed.

I loved how realistic that your story is. Bravo for Livvie! The way that you described there is true.

And your story become more interesting when there's a mystery father who is revealed as someone that I know in the previous chapter. I really want to know what people think of her is when she’s in unstable state. Is she still the same Emrin or she’s really a different person?

Thank you so much! And you're probably right if you're referring to Atrox's father (green hair, piercing green eyes like that, adorable but a dead give-away). I think I can work a chapter in for you where people can see her in her instability. She's very much a different person. I did it that way because with the Unstable trait some traits of your sim get replaced by random other traits. I've been playing it out that the first sign of her instability sets her over, but it really takes several hours for the replacement to occur and it's always fixable if you don't want it to be permanent. I just used that as the premise for her becoming something she wasn't which is ultimately very scary for her. The amnesia was just the icing on the cake for her as it just makes her more conflicted and afraid of herself. I won't give too much away but she does get better eventually.

If I may ask, do genetically engineering really featuring genetic from the past generation? Or what the new option did just create a new child with bland generated townies? Oh, because I don’t have Into the Future yet, may I ask if that can be applied to same-sex couples to have kids? It seems so disappointing when there’s a store item that can makes even males to have kids but what they did just created random thing. If I know I’ll never ask my sister. I’m not truly disappointed though because there’s a new animation and that’s good for a storytelling purpose.

I also loved how much details that you put in your story, this story not only enjoyable to read but has some education value. It seems there a lot of option that can be installed for Glitch isn’t it? I loved Back to the Future movies, so what make me excited from this expansion is the kind of future that our Sims would create. I would like to have my copy soon, but knowing there’s opportunity glitch that hasn’t been fixed, I have my second thought and it also would be nice to have a discount later ^^

Do you have any background stories for the children names? Noten and Atrox kinda unusual in my eyes, would you mind to tell me for that? I also want to know about Emrin, is she a different person when she collapsed? It would be a nice idea to consider about that Livvie. I hope Emrin would be alright and nothing scary happen!

Genetically Engineering a child is very simple. You just need to be friends with the person (male OR female - same sex couples now have a very easy way to have a great genetic combo for their children) for them to Engineer the child with you. I'm positive if you're romantic with them they'll agree, but I've noticed the threshold for a person to show up on the drop down list is friendship/good friends. As far as I can tell, Noten is a perfectly even mixture of Emrin and Mystery Man - if that's what your first question was, and two people from the past can come and genetically engineer a child together, it doesn't have to be one future/one past person.
I was so excited to see that genetically engineered kids can be taken from two people of the same gender however I haven't messed around enough with genetic engineering to really give you reliable answers as I believe when Emrin became Romantic Interests with Atrox's father (which was on the same day she went to create Noten with another guy) he suddenly didn't show up on the list anymore to engineer a child with. Obviously there's a lot of things that could factor in to that, the fact that Emrin was already pregnant with his child could be one thing, the fact that he was probably at work is another... so I don't have answers that are absolutely right, I just have a few answers that I've dealt with. On the list for Emrin was also another woman she became friends with so I know it's possible to do two girls so it's very likely that two men can as well.
Thank you so much, the compliments are always awesome - it gives me confidence in my writing! I would suggest waiting on Into the Future. I got mine on sale on Cyber Monday here in the US (it was only $20 instead of $30) and while everything is really cool in it and it's worth getting, it's not worth full price yet in my opinion. If there's ever a sale I would grab it then, because the price they ask for is a lot for the few glitches that come with it. However if I were to compare it to other expansion packs... it's more like Island Paradise (lots of content) rather than Generations (which felt more like a stuff pack with a few interactions involved) if that helps your decision at all.
I do and I don't have a background story for the children. I wanted a gothic-style sort of legacy, so in the end I went to a name generator and picked my favorite ones out. When I was through searching through those I dug out my old Latin dictionary and picked out some darker, evil definitions because those names always sound cool. Atrox actually means terrible, cruel, horror. Noten was a generated name. My overall theme was supposed to be darker, evil names (they are the Reapers), but that doesn't reflect on their personality, obviously. I just like having a theme for the names, I suppose. Man I'm very long winded today. I'm sorry for such a long response!

My brain continues to reject this thought, though I cant help but feel it's very possible for it to be true: Glitch seems just a little bit in love with Emrin. Can the bots fall in love with humans? If they can, I both reject and accept the idea of Glitch being in love with Emrin.

Noten is precious. Those eyes! Both of the boy's eyes are ridiculous! Are they natural or CC, they're so glimmery. I know who Atrox's father is =3 I don't know his name, but I remember him from earlier. Hehehe. But once again, your story telling blows me away Livs! It's this story that's doing a great deal to help me get through the stress of studying for finals this week. If not for you, I would have lost it and thrown myself out a window from stress by now.
*Claps* Bravo. You're the first to pick that up. Plumbots have a traitchip called: Compacity to Love. When put in a plumbot it opens romantic interactions for other plumbots and normal sims, so yes, they can. Glitch did it basically on his own. I was having him hang around to be her caretaker and watch the children but when he started to roll wishes for her it just felt right.
Aww, I feel honored! I saved a life! Haha, I'm half tempted to do the same, I woke up this morning to a nasty draft in my Chicago apartment (12 floors up) and now the radiators don't appear to be turning on. I'm about to go switch on the gas stove to keep me a little warm this morning! Typing keeps my fingers from falling off so maybe that's why I'm so long winded this morning! Noten is absolutely adorable, though I have to say Atrox is more striking in his features than Noten. I'm sure they'll both grow into it. I actually broke my rule this time and aged them up in Create a Sim, both are absolutely stunning as they age. Atrox's father is unfortunately very easy to spot. I was hoping he would gain less of his father's look but after seeing that adorable cutie with his father's hair and eyes I just couldn't help it. I contemplated making it a little harder by changing the haircolor but I just fell in love.

Poor Emrin. I didn't play around with the Unstable trait so it's great to see someone making use of it. The boys are beautiful!
Thank you so much! Yeah the unstable trait has earned it's spot as one of my favorites. It's quite a challenge and makes life interesting. The boys are just adorable - just wait until they grow up!

Anyways, mini announcement - Atrox and Noten will be aging up together even though Noten was technically born - er - engineered first. These will be the only children of the generation and thus the only ones competing for heir. I feel like when I have so many children that there's always one that ages up and develops their personality long before the others so I'm going to try to combat it this time. It's not out of favoritism or pushing Atrox to win, but just putting them on a level ground for heir.  

Offline ToniSimbot

• Llama Wrangler
  • We shall take over SimNation with fire and blood
    • Simblr (beware spoilers)
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2013, 12:35:01 AM »
Unfortunately and Awesomely the second son looks very much like his father... If ANYONE is just dying to know who the father is, I did put it up in the Family Tree - both of them. However, if you can hold off and wait until it's revealed then good on you...
... It's very beautiful, but it's lacking quite a bit that a normal town would have - now that I'm living in it. Emrin actually wanted a girl the second time around but there was no grocery store to grab watermelons and the only way I could ensure it was a girl was if I changed all of Atrox's notable features (eyes, hair) to something more normal.
Anyways, sorry for the rant, the two toddlers are absolutely adorable. I adore having them around even moreso with Glitch who never seems to tire of running over and autonomously doing things with them EXCEPT when their asleep. I seriously gained some great respect for Glitch as he never wakes a toddler up like normal sims do that always seem to want to spam play with their toddler. I mean, it's adorable. Glitch will go nonstop action after action after action and then just start teaching them their skills. No direction needed.

Oh, I meant that we don't know what Emrin does when she's having an episode, like who she hangs out with, where she goes, how long it even lasts, things like that. I figured who Atrox's father was while scrolling down to reach the update. Having your story leave in the gaps of Emrin's memory kinda transfers as I read it so even though I'm technically not missing anything, it feels like it. It's nice and you pull it off very well.

Atrox is a very interesting name, that's for sure. I read a book when I was in middle school and it was the name of the Big Evil the main characters had to fight. I can't remember if they won...

It's nice that Glitch is so helpful. My Plumbot isn't that kid-friendly but I did build it in the present so I'm hoping maybe that's why it likes to stare out the window rather than babysit.  ;D
Current Story: Vesta's Reward