Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 323482 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Pride and Selfishness
« Reply #300 on: January 22, 2014, 06:47:40 PM »

I'm hopeful, but I still want to see a picture of Palmira to know she's happy and healthy, goshdarnit! You're such a tease, LivvieLove!  :P

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #301 on: January 22, 2014, 09:01:30 PM »
-furiously fans her eyes to stop tears-

I will assume nothing. Nope, nope. But I will GUESS. The baby's gonna get taken? Held hostage? Noten has to sacrifice himself for it? Palmira has to? I'm done.

I feel the need to ask this just because...well, it occurred to me a while ago and now it won't leave me alone: where does Noten work? XD I know the theme of the story is that you can't get out and work and survive, buuuut where was Noten working so that they were able to afford to buy the island? Or were you managing Hobart's Hideaway in the background?
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2014, 10:21:29 PM »
Oh my gosh. I teared up while Noten was telling Palmira his worries!  :'(  Edward is a little cutie! I noticed you didn't tell us his traits.... I can only guess what this little nooboo is hiding from us.  ;)
I'm glad I was able to capture that, I was really trying to put myself in a position from both ends. I'm a more sensitive person so it's hard for me to play off Palmira's character and make it real, but I know I can nail Noten's! Sweet! :)
Edward. Is. A. Doll. I've seen him as a toddler. Like. Death by cuteness. Perfect mixture genes.
His traits? Honestly I didn't mention them because I felt like that would throw the story off of the sentimental set it was on. He's Athletic and Brave. I'll be sure to put that in the next chapter though.

Welcome Edward! I'm so happy to see that Palmira and him are both safe and healthy! I've said it before, quite a few times, but Noten is so sweet! I loved the one scene when he doubled over for a moment and cried softly. I feel like it told a lot about him and also all the worry and stress that he was under. Edward is going to be adorable! I can't wait til he's older!
He really is such a sweetie. He's a little sensitive, but I think that makes me that much more loveable. He's just this loveable, honest, endearing guy. That moment was actually a last minute thing I threw in... I didn't feel like I was portraying Noten as concerned enough. I wanted to make clear that his anger and resentment were not at Palmira because of anything other than that he loved her dearly and didn't want to watch her die, which he thought he would be doing by letting her go through with having Edward.
Heh, if you think Noten's a cutie, just wait until you see Edward. That's all I have to say.

Awww! Edwards gonna grow up to be a cutie I'm sure of it, I mean just look at his parents. :D   And YAY! Palmira got through childbirth alright...as far as we know, but something could always happen...dun dun dun lol
Haha, actually no. Palmira made it through just fine. I thought about including the picture at the end but I was already getting pretty close to my limit (at least I thought it was) and I could find no way to incorporate it that wouldn't break up the sentimental scene I had going.
However, just because she's safe now doesn't mean she will be later. So, don't get too comfortable. Haha (evil laughter).

I'm hopeful, but I still want to see a picture of Palmira to know she's happy and healthy, goshdarnit! You're such a tease, LivvieLove!  :P
Oh my *feigns embarrassment* I didn't realize I was such a tease! *faint giggle*
Haha, no, Palmira really is fine. I do have a picture, she's resting happily, I just found no way to include it that didn't break up the pure sentimental idea of Noten and his baby.
Also, I was at or close to my screencap limit, so no breaking forum rules for me!

-furiously fans her eyes to stop tears-

I will assume nothing. Nope, nope. But I will GUESS. The baby's gonna get taken? Held hostage? Noten has to sacrifice himself for it? Palmira has to? I'm done.

I feel the need to ask this just because...well, it occurred to me a while ago and now it won't leave me alone: where does Noten work? XD I know the theme of the story is that you can't get out and work and survive, buuuut where was Noten working so that they were able to afford to buy the island? Or were you managing Hobart's Hideaway in the background?
Haha, actually I didn't think about that... now there's an idea! (Just kidding, of course I have plans that are ultimately more depressing...). 
And I think knowing Noten's job will disappoint you.
He doesn't have one.
I dropped his funds to 1000 when he moved in, and when it came time to buy the lot and build the house, I actually just sold a few of the zillions of items I had in the family inventory (gifts from weddings past, I love you note gifts, gifts from Simmers online...) In the end I left them with a little under 1000 because in this case it would be silly for them to have money because neither of them CAN work. Palmria has been itching to get a job. She rolled wishes for every job under the sun since she grew older but honestly they don't need one. I hate to have to admit this but this generation is a lot more scripted due to the heavy lag I get from I.P. Whenever I boot up that game, do my secret tricks, and move people around I tend to have to call it a day after about 30-40 minutes of playing and grabbing screenshots because I'm tired of the lag.
Don't get me wrong, I love this story, and it's going to take a lot more than lag to stop me from writing it, but it just means I turn off free will and am a little less liberal with what I allow my Sims to do, including jobs.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Change in the Tide
« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2014, 04:54:08 PM »
Change in the Tide
Mylee had baked a cake as a gift to celebrate the birth of Edward Reaper, so we could continue our tradition of aging the young up. Palmira even came out to celebrate as well, but considering the time and the fact that she had just brought Edward into the world she was still pretty worn out.

Unfortunately, since Edward grew like a weed, Noten and Palmira could only ever keep a few cloth diapers that they would change out, wash and dry before reusing. Potty training would be crucial for this little one.

Mylee stayed all throughout the next day to ensure Palmira made her recovery before she parted ways to head home. Palmira recovered fully and had a healthy radiance about her. Her diet had allowed her to come back to a healthier weight and her cheeks had filled out once more. Noten was thrilled to see her doing better, so he often pushed for her to continue her diet. He still woke up long before she would and prepared her breakfast to ensure she would continue to be healthy and happy. Often, Edward would watch his father in awe. There was never a boy who loved his father more than Edward.
Noten would scoop Edward up and talk with his son. "Let's go make mommy some breakfast, yeah?"
At the time, Edward could only gurgle, but the sound of his father's voice made him feel safe.

During the time that Palmira would still sleep after Noten finished making breakfast he would dedicate to teaching his son to walk.

Noten had done a lot of thinking in those times in the mornings with his son. He started to realize how much his boy would need as he grew older and it pained him to know he couldn't just give him everything like Emrin had for him. He would sneak out late at night and dumpster dive, hoping to find something special for Edward, unfortunately, it only ever resulted in one toy - a toy boat, but Edward loved his toy boat. He would throw tantrums at any point when he couldn't find the toy or if Bear took it to chew on.

Palmira also had such a strong love for her son, she spent time focused on his learning.
"Daddy is a... sailer. Say, sailer! Say-lar."
"Daddy say-lar!"

She tried to find easy ways to explain the hardships to her son, but it was much harder than she expected it to be... especially since her son had so many questions.
"Unfortunately sweetie, we can't just buy new things, there are bad people in charge."
"Why mommy? Why not?"
Palmira loved her son's curiosity, but it always put her in a position where she felt cornered into telling lies to her son. She sighed levely. "I really don't know the answer to that Eddie." She would brush his hair back away from his eyes. "Bad people took away your grandpa. Sometimes... people hurt others for power and money."
"But... why mommy?"
"That's what they want, sweetie. Power and money is what drives them, but don't let it be what drives you. They want power and money so bad that they take away the most important thing to others - their freedom."
"Freedom important." Edward's brow would furrow as he would take in his mother's words.
"Yes sweetie, freedom is very important. I want my Edward to always be free."
"I want you to be free too mommy!"
"I would like that very much my dear. Now let's go see what daddy's up to, ok?"

Noten and Palmira were still happily in love, every night after they would put Edward to bed they would often go out and watch the stars - just like they did the night they were married.

Noten finally found some other clothing for himself while dumpster diving. He handed his older clothes to Palmira and asked her to ensure their son had something to grow up in. Palmira admired her husband's determination to give Edward everything he could, but she often worried that he might take it too far.

Ruben had stopped by and mentioned a food shortage. Palmira and Noten began to work in the garden full time in order to put food on other's tables. Edward would watch while playing with his boat from the open wall along with Bear who has returned to being guardian of the children once again with Edwards age.

Bear always was a good dog to have around the house, but he was an angel to have now that Edward was a toddler, capable of throwing tantrums at any given time. Bear, being the quiet dog he is, didn't tolerate many tantrums and would often lick Edward in order to find his "off" button.

That would always quiet Edward up quickly, and then Bear could go back to being the passive guardian he usually was.

Noten and Palmira often also got a little "carried away" with themselves. It was easy to forget about the issues happening all around them when they were whisked away in their own fantasies.

That is the life of being in love though, so they never minded.

In fact, it was just after one of those moments that they received a knock on the door from Ruben who looked happier than he had in ages.

Palmira had picked up Edward to put him in bed while Ruben eagerly whispered something to Noten.
"Come, downstairs!" He urged. "Palmira, join us when you're finished!" Palmira nodded as she put down her sleepy boy.
"Mommy, what's going on?" Edward could barely keep his eyes open. Palmira simply smiled.
"I'm not sure sweetie, but I think it's good news."
"Is free?"
"Not yet sweetie, but hopefully." Palmira whispered to him. Edward slowly dropped off.
Palmira came downstairs to see Noten and Ruben huddled over a folder of some kind.

"Oh! Palmira! Good, come look at this!" Ruben called her over.
"What is it?" She asked, noting it looked like a floor plan.
"It's City Hall." Noten said grinning. "They're having a celebratory feast soon for all higher up politicians in town... even Alfonso Alto."
Palmira suddenly understood why Noten was grinning and started to smile widely herself. "You mean... all of our problems are going to be in one place?" She carefully reworded what Noten had described. Noten's head nodded drastically. He was going to burst with how happy he was at this.
"If we launch an attack the night of the feast... we could take out a large chunk of their numbers, as well was the head honcho himself - Alfonso." Ruben pointed at the prints.
"We're going to win this..." Noten said eagerly. "I just can't seem to wrap my head around it." He stood to embrace his wife who instead lept into his arms.

"This is incredible!"
The happy couple saw Ruben out before they headed upstairs to get some sleep themselves.
It wasn't until later in the night that Palmira awoke to an all-too-familiar feeling.

Palmira had a strong feeling in her gut about what caused such a wave of nausea, but she didn't want to say right away. She needed to be sure. She continued on with her day and even spent some time rocking with her son.
"Hey sweetie, how would you feel about being a big brother?"
"A brodder?"
"Yeah, like if you had a little brother or sister."
"I'd be da big brodder, right?"
"Of course, silly." She poked his nose.
"It'd be fun! So long as they no touch my boat."
Palmira smiled at him. "Of course not, that's your boat, but maybe one day you'll learn to share it with them."
"Nope!"

Palmira put her son back down and let him continue playing with his boat before joining Noten out in the garden to break the news to him.
"Hey handsome." She said, peeking around one of the fruit trees.
"Hey gorgeous, is everything ok?" Noten put the watering can down and bent over to remove a few weeds that had started to grow.
"Yeah, I think everything is even better than ok." Palmira rocked back and forth on feet.
"What's on your mind? You look like you've done something mischievous." Noten said skeptically. He stood completely, giving her all of his attention.
"I just wanted to say I got sick last night."
Noten looked confused for a moment before his face changed. "Like... sore throat sick or like..."
"Morning sick... sick." Palmira finished for him. Noten's face started to light up.
"Morning... sickness... sick? As in... we did... we have... we're having..."
"Another baby." Palmira was smiling as she finished his phrasing.

"This is amazing!" Noten said wrapping his arms around her. "We're having another baby?!" He asked rhetorically. He jumped back and ran off to tell bear. Palmira just grinned at him and rubbed her stomach again, feeling much more confident.

"Hello little one." She whispered. She could hear Noten yelling at the brush that he was going to be a father again and laughed to herself. "You're daddy's a little weird, but he's a good man, I can't wait for you to meet him."
Edward had decided to play outside today when everyone discovered it was his birthday. Noten was still upset he couldn't have gotten his son a cake, but Edward didn't mind.

He was just happy to have his parents there to watch him grow.

Palmira gave him the clothing that was once his father's old shirt and pants... now cut up and stitched together to fit his growing body. Shoes were impossible to come by though, as his feet seemed to grow an inch every day!

Noten was on top of the world, and hopefully the war... the oppression... the fighting... would be over soon.
The feast was approaching fast, and Noten was more than ready to take them on.

Offline Kavey

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2014, 05:15:42 PM »
Well, Edward did not disappoint. What a cutie!  ;D  Can't wait to see nooboo number two, and I hope that there are no complications when Noten attacks City Hall... :o P.S. what color is Eddie's eyes? I couldn't decide on a definate shade, but they are stunning!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2014, 05:25:16 PM »
Well, Edward did not disappoint. What a cutie!  ;D  Can't wait to see nooboo number two, and I hope that there are no complications when Noten attacks City Hall... :o P.S. what color is Eddie's eyes? I couldn't decide on a definate shade, but they are stunning!
They are Noten's eye color (purple). It's a gorgeous shade. Edward is much like his papa, except his hair color. Hmm, let me take a look here.
When in doubt, compare baby pictures!

Noten:

Edward:

Yup! He's Noten's boy!

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #306 on: January 23, 2014, 07:03:53 PM »
That is absolutely Noten's son. Oh my goodness, he is ADORABLE. Absolutely adorable!

"You're daddy's a little weird". I love Palmira haha. Anywho, this sounds like good news! All the bad guys in one place. But if they put the information out so easily, it stands to reason that it could be a trap to draw them out, you know? The town is on lockdown and the higher ups KNOW there's resistence, so they wouldn't be so stupid as to actually bring all the big boys together in one place. It's got to be a trap. I just hope everyone comes out of this okay. =[

Also, can you share what color combination you used to get Noten and Edward's eye color? I know it's purple and you have the eye mod (which I also have) but what were the colors specifically? I'm making a SimSelf and the color combination they have actually looks a lot like my actual eye color XD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #307 on: January 23, 2014, 09:20:50 PM »
That is absolutely Noten's son. Oh my goodness, he is ADORABLE. Absolutely adorable!

"You're daddy's a little weird". I love Palmira haha. Anywho, this sounds like good news! All the bad guys in one place. But if they put the information out so easily, it stands to reason that it could be a trap to draw them out, you know? The town is on lockdown and the higher ups KNOW there's resistence, so they wouldn't be so stupid as to actually bring all the big boys together in one place. It's got to be a trap. I just hope everyone comes out of this okay. =[

Also, can you share what color combination you used to get Noten and Edward's eye color? I know it's purple and you have the eye mod (which I also have) but what were the colors specifically? I'm making a SimSelf and the color combination they have actually looks a lot like my actual eye color XD
You know, I'm pretty sure I used the purple eye color option from the Sims (the one that came as a base option for eye colors, if that makes sense... like the light blue, dark blue, light brown, dark brown). When I genetically engineered Noten I just chose the lightest blond hair and the purple eye choice that was already there on the screen (I didn't customize it, if that makes sense). I'm pretty sure that's what it is, but I'm going to pull Noten into CAS just to check. I'm hopping on the game anyways because I'm just too excited to write this next chapter, so I'll edit this post and let you know.

Edit - Yes, it was a preset, but just to be sure, the numbers are:
R: 137
G: 111
B: 135

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: A Sleepless Night
« Reply #308 on: January 24, 2014, 01:01:39 AM »
Two in one day! Yeah, this is the part I was excited to write about... this is going to be the generation 5 turning point (and yes, Noten is generation 4, so if that's a hint to anything).
This chapter will be a LOT more text-based than usual. When I write stories like this, I imagine everything playing out like a movie... and a lot of those images I see cannot be done by sims. I also don't like to/want to depict scenes of violence as I don't want to risk breaking the forum rules and the amount of mods I would need to get the scenes exactly as I want them would drive me insane and likely bog down my game. Thank you all for being such kind readers, and I hope this chapter doesn't discourage you from reading further.

A Sleepless Night
Edward was a happy child, he often amused himself by stripping down to his underclothing and playing in the ocean while Bear watched on.

Noten and Palmira would work in the garden and prepare shipments to be sent back to the mainlands for people to eat. Rumor was the grocery store finally reopened which allowed Palmira to rest a little more. Noten was relieved that his wife didn't have to work so hard as she was growing bigger every day.

Palmira and Noten were in bliss. The island issues were finally looking up and their family was growing, what more could anyone ask for? Even Edward was satisfied just swimming in the ocean and playing with his toy boat given to him by his father.
As the feast day started to approach Noten started to gather a few of his things that might be useful for when they infiltrated the staff of the event.
"Dad!" Edward came running into his room. "Dad! Dad! Dad!"
Noten smiled gruffly at his son's eagerness. "What is it son?" He ruffled his son's hair which was promptly followed by Edward smacking at his hand.
"Daaad!" He groaned. Noten just laughed and continued packing. Edward looked up at him. "What'chya doing?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.
"I'm getting ready for the Feast day tonight." He explained to him, "we're going to stop this ridiculous government and take back what's ours."
"Mom says we need to get our freedom back, are we getting that too?" Edward asked, wrapping his arms around his dad's leg and looking up at him.
Noten smiled, "yeah, you could definitely say that." 
Edward's eyes lit up with wonder; he jumped and ran out of the room just as quickly as he had run in. Noten just shook his head slowly and chuckled as he finished zipping up his bag.
Noten came out of the bedroom and embraced his wife.

"I wish you didn't have to go." Palmira whispered.
"Now now," Noten put her face in his hands. "I'll be back before dawn with happy news and Alfonso's head on a platter just for you."
Palmira smiled softly. "Just take care of yourself. I got a letter today from Matteo, he's worried that there's a traitor in our midst. He's almost got a name, he's been hacking into the database for a while now and he'll get back to me as soon as he can. I'll make sure he goes straight to you after, ok?"
Noten frowned. "I can't believe someone would turn on their people like that." He said quietly.
"It's almost over now." Palmira smiled. "Let's just remember that." Noten nodded and smiled at her. There was a grunting sound as Edward climbed up the ladder.
"What are you doing silly?" Palmira called to him as he lugged a hand-tied bag made of his bedsheets.
"I'm going with dad!" He called as he grabbed his bedsheet-bag that held his boat, another blanket and some of Bear's food. Palmira looked perturbed, but Noten only laughed.
"Oh, you're coming with me now buddy?"
"Yeah, I want to fight for our freedom too!" His voice cracked as he stomped his foot. Noten bent down on one knee and ushered for Edward to come over to him.
"I'm afraid you can't come with me this time Eddie." He said wrapping an arm around his son.
Edward's face fell. "But why not? I want to fight too!"
Noten smiled at his boy. "I need you to do something more important for me."
"Really?"
"Mhmm." Noten nodded. "I need you to defend the house!" Noten knew, of course, there would be no attack on their home, but if it made Edward feel better to know he was protecting his mom and future sibling then that would be enough to possibly hold him over.
"The house?!" Edward became alert.
Palmira gave Noten a stare but Noten kept on, "yes! You never know who might come in and try to mess with our things!" Edward's eyes went wide. "So I need you to stand guard outside until your bedtime and then Bear will take over for you. Ok?" Edward nodded furiously. He hopped up and ran towards the front door.
Noten paused, "if you see someone coming, alert your mom, you hear?" He said quickly before Edward had made it to the door.
"Yes sir!" Edward saluted and ran out.
"Protect the house?" Palmira said sarcastically.
"I didn't want him to feel left out. We've all played a part in tonight, some of us just don't realize how important their small task is." Noten smiled and rubbed Palmira's cheek. "Take care of yourself, ok? Listen to everything Mylee tells you."
Palmira rolled her eyes and teased, "don't patronize me." She swatted at him, but then she smiled tenderly. Noten always meant well, even if he did worry too much.
Noten leaned down and started talking to their unborn child, "now, listen to your mommy, ok? I'm so excited to see you! Don't come too soon!" He said rubbing Palmira's extended stomach.
"I'm not due yet!" Palmira teased.
"I know, I just don't want to miss it." Noten said softly.

Outside, Mylee had arrived and noticed little Edward sitting in front of the front door. She looked down at him as she passed. "My! You're growing like a weed there little one! You've grown so much since I've last been here!" Edward only nodded and grunted, he was too busy keeping an eye on the horizon with his boat in hand to let her distract him.

Mylee simply chuckled and walked on in. "Noten," she paused, gathering his attention. "Ruben is waiting for you out in the boat." Noten nodded and kissed Palmira one last time before slinging his backpack over his shoulder and heading out the front door.
"Take care!" Both women called to him.
Noten was halfway down the path to the boat when he felt little arms stretching around his waist. He paused for a moment then saw Edward pushing his face into his side. "Don't go daddy..." He cried.
Noten got down to his level and hugged his son. "I love you Edward, I'll be back soon." He put his hand under Edward's chin. "Stay strong for your mom, ok? I'll be back before you're even awake!"
Edward's lower lip trembled. "You promise?"
"I promise buddy."
They broke apart and Edward waved at them until the boat was long out of sight. Edward jumped when he felt a hand on her shoulder. Mylee looked at him sweetly. "He'll be back soon dear, let's go inside for a snack, ok?"
"But I have to stand on guard!"
"Why don't you let Bear sit in for you for a few minutes while you have some fresh fruit?"
Edward nodded and wiped his eyes. "That's my boy." She said quietly as they walked back to the house.
After his snack, Edward was back on guard outside and Palmira sat down with Mylee.

"How can you stay so calm?" Palmira asked quietly. "I try to keep a good face on for Edward... but I'm terrified. Noten's not a soldier..." She felt her throat starting to close up on her.
"I'm not as calm as you think I am." Mylee said quietly. "I just try to remember the good things about my husband. He is wise and quick and can hold his own if he really had to. It puts me at ease."
Palmira thought on Noten, he was intelligent and strong, he had great leadership abilities. She could even see him taking over for Alfonso after he was out of the picture. Palmira smiled at the idea of her husband being the next president.
"What is it dear?" Mylee asked, noticing the change in Palmira's face.
"Just picturing my husband as president... his ego would surely go to his head." She joked.
Mylee smiled, "Noten would be an excellent leader."
The women sat for a moment when Edward came rushing into the room.
"Mom! Mom, Mom!" He continued saying 'mom' until Palmira calmed him.
"What is it dear?"
"You won't believe this!" Edward was in a state of shock as what just happened. "A bird... a bird flew up and dropped this here! It's a secret note! What if it's a treasure map?!"
Palmira's heart dropped: the traitor.
"What is it dear?" Mylee asked her.
Palmira turned to her, suddenly feeling suspicions of everyone. "Matteo is an informant I have who works in hacking." She said slowly. "He had sent me a note earlier saying he suspected a traitor amongst our group but he hadn't been able to pin them if there was." She paused again, exhaling. "He said he would only send a note if he found out there was one. It would contain the name of the person."

Mylee looked distressed. "Who would do such a thing?" She looked terrified herself now.
"Where is the note, Edward?" Palmira stood up quickly.
"I left it outside... I thought you'd be mad if I touched something a bird dropped."
Palmira half rolled her eyes, of course her child would choose this moment to follow her teachings. "Go and grab it for me, ok sweetie?" Palmira felt pain running through her as she worried. The room was spinning. She was going to find this traitor.
Palmira felt another twinge. Edward came running back in and handed her the sealed note. She reached to open it when the labor pains started and the note fell to the floor. Mylee and Edward rushed over to her.

Noten and Ruben had changed into their tuxes. They had split the rebels into certain groups. The plan was simple. Ruben and Noten would enter in as staff to the event, after the appetizer, they would let in the rest of the rebels who had the firepower to take care of all the people in power. Noten had encouraged Ruben to wait to bring everyone in until after the appetizer so he could be sure that any innocent people got out of there in time to avoid casualties.
"Go on ahead of me." Ruben ushered to Noten. "I'm keeping an eye on the back."
The two of them were sneaking into the back of the City Hall at the moment. They had taken tuxes from the back of the rental truck that had the server's outfits for the night.

"You know, Palmira was telling me earlier about a traitor being part of our ranks, so keep alert." Noten called to Ruben. He started feeling for the key that their inside-man had left for them outside the backdoor.
"A traitor? Who in the world would do such a thing?" Ruben asked to no one in particular as he pulled his revolver out of it's hiding spot in the back of his pants.

"I still think Palmira might've been a little paranoid about that. Being a traitor would have to be pretty hard work considering the face you'd have to pull for both sides in order for it to work out."
"Yes, it is strenuous." Ruben pointed the gun at Noten and cocked it.
Noten's breath caught in his throat. "Ruben?" Noten said as he slowly turned around.
"I'm sorry, Noten." Ruben said gruffly. "It's your head or mine, and personally, I like mine."
Noten stumbled back as the gun went off, burying a bullet deep in his chest.

"Push Palmira! Push!" Mylee yelled over Palmira's screaming.
"Oh watcher!" Palmira cried. "Why is it early? I'm not due yet!"
"You may not think you're due yet, but your little one says otherwise. Come on, you're almost there, I can see the head! Push for me Palmira!"
Palmira let out one last long scream before a cry overtook the room. Her vision blurred and her dizziness started to take over. She could vaguely hear Mylee crying out "it's a girl!"
Palmira was panting as her vision settled on her little girl. She took the little one, now wrapped up, in her arms and cooed to her. "You just couldn't miss all the excitement, could you? You're daddy is going to have a heart-attack when he finds out that tonight is the night you decided to join us!" She rubbed her daughter's cheek.
"So mommy, what's her name?" Mylee asked sweetly, looking at the newborn.
"I was hoping Noten would be here..." Palmira said softly, looking around. 
"Too bad for him, it's your choice my'dear." Mylee said, helping Palmira sit up in a more comfortable position.
"I like Mary." She said softly. "Do you like that name little one? Mary?" The baby just gurgled and looked at her mom.
"Mary is a perfect name for her." Mylee said sweetly.
Palmira suddenly woke from her haze. "The note!" She said suddenly. "The traitor... I need to warn Noten."
"Calm down. All in good time, you're in no condition to be running around right now." Mylee said to her, but Palmira stood up anyways with Mary in her arms. She pulled Mary close to her.

"I suppose you're right." Palmira said defeated.
"Since you're up anyways, I did bring a cake... just in case a certain someone would join us..." Mylee laughed as she cooed over the baby.
"Noten would love that. It's tradition in his family to celebrate the birth with a cake. He'll be so happy to meet his little Mary." Palmira smiled at her infant. "Oh," she paused, "Edward!" She called to her son.
"Yes mom?" Edward was rubbing his eyes, he had fallen asleep outside the door.
"Come meet your baby sister, Mary."
Edward grinned. "Hi Mary!" He grinned at her as Palmira held them at eye level. "She looks a little funny..." Edward said while grimacing.
"Be nice, she's a newborn!" Palmira scolded.
Mylee laughed. "Now, now. Kids are brutally honest sometimes. It's hardly his fault." Mylee comforted Palmira. "Now let's go have a party."

Mary became a beautiful toddler who looked very much like her mother.

It was going on four in the morning when there was a soft knocking at the door.

Palmira came rushing out but stopped when she only saw Matteo. She sighed sadly. "Oh, I thought you were Noten."
Matteo looked down. "Did you get my note at all?" He asked with concern.

"I did..." Palmira looked down guiltily. "I just... kind of went into labor before I opened it."
Matteo looked to the ground, his face was unreadable.
"What is it?" Palmira asked him suddenly.
"I had discovered the traitor too late." He said sadly. "It was a man by the name of Ruben Arias." By this time Mylee had come behind Palmira to see who was at the door.
"Ruben? My husband Ruben? He would never do such a thing!"
Palmira turned suddenly. "YOU! Did you know of this?!"
Mylee seemed upset and shaken. "Ruben never said a word to me..."
Matteo shook his head. "She likely wasn't involved. He has fled the country without her. He's been receiving money from Alto's goons. I get the feeling he's why last night..." He paused and swallowed hard. "I... I got there too late."
"Too late for what? Matteo what happened?" Palmira said, her heart started to sink.
"I'm sorry Palmira..." He whispered to her.
Palmira swallowed. "Why? Why are you sorry?" Her voice reflected denial. "We know about Ruben now... everything will be fine, and when Noten get's home-"
"Noten's not coming home." Matteo's voice was solemn.
"Why... why not?" Tears started to fall from her eyes as she nearly fell over. Mylee grabbed her and steadied her.
"Dad? Are you home?" Edward poked his head out from behind the door. Palmira could barely steady herself, let alone look at her son. Her son that was waiting for his father to come home. Her son who would never see his father come home. How could she tell him that?
Mylee quickly pulled Edward inside.
"I'm sorry, Palmira." Matteo leaned over to steady her.

"He was shot in the chest by Ruben before Ruben flipped the plans against everyone else." Matteo paused. "Noten was one of several dead."
"Where... where is he now?" Palmira tried to speak through her endless tears.
"I brought his body with me. I wanted to give him a proper burial... somewhere close to you." Matteo spoke levelly.
Palmira started to sob louder. "I need to see him."
"I don't think that's a good idea-"
"I need to see him!" She screamed. Her words were coated with anger and hurt and desperation. Matteo nodded and led her back to his boat. Palmira covered her mouth as she saw the bloody blanket that was wrapped completely around what was left of her husband. She fell to her knees and inched over to the boat. She slowly lifted the blanket off of Noten's face and touched it. His cold skin reflected nothing of what it used to. Palmira cried out from the pain and terrible wrenching feeling in her heart. She grasped at Noten's face. "Why... why did you leave me?" She cried. "I hate you for leaving me." She buried her face against his and sobbed hard as waves crashed against her lower waist. "Noten..." She clutched at his wrapped body until her knuckles went white. Matteo eventually pulled her away.
"I need to bury him." He said quietly.
Palmira couldn't say anything. She just sat hopelessly in the water next to the boat. Matteo moved to pick up Noten's body. "Where is Ruben now?" Palmira's voice suddenly had a cold, hollowness to it.
"They shipped him off somewhere for safekeeping. I couldn't tell you where... but I can tell you that I will find out."
"Find out." She snapped quietly. "He will pay for this." Palmira breathed out hard before she lifted her hands out of the water to cup her face as another round of tears poured out.

Mylee cared for Edward and slowly broke the news to him. Palmira stayed out half-in the water long after Matteo had gone. When Palmira finally gathered the strength to stand, she gathered Mary into her arms and took Edward out by Noten's grave.
For the first time since Palmira was an infant, rain began to pour down.

It seemed as though even the heavens shed tears for the great man that was Noten Reaper.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #309 on: January 24, 2014, 04:37:33 AM »
I guessed everything in the world. Except that. Noten...you will be missed so much.  :'( This is so unfair! I just...UGH...I KNEW IT! It was a trap! The second I read 'traitor', my brain went 'It's Ruben or Mylee.', but did I guess it would end like that? No. Now, no one is free and Noten is gone, and he never got to see his daughter's face. Edward--it saddens me to realize that such a happy kid is going to have such a drastic personality change now that this has happened. I hope he finds and finishes of Ruben for what he did! I'm rooting for him! Him and Mary have to team up.

On another point, Your writing is superb. I was sitting her clenching my teeth while I was reading! So good, it's like I'm reading a book that I can't put down. As such, I demand more soon. (And now I'm terrified to update my own story because I have nothing on you. NOTHING.)

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #310 on: January 24, 2014, 05:25:20 AM »
I don't like you anymore.  >:(
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Kavey

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #311 on: January 24, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »
Ruben?!? Why?!?! He was so nice, and he knew Palmira for so long... THAT SPINELESS PIG!  >:( Now how will the town be saved by Noten's tanned muscular ways?  :'(

(In other news, Mary is gorgeous. If there were baby beauty pagents there she would win hands down!)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #312 on: January 24, 2014, 12:39:37 PM »

Ugh! I just knew if something didn't happen to Palmira, it would happen to Noten!  >:( It just didn't seem likely for this part of the story to end up all sparkly and happy after everything that had happened. Well, maybe Edward and Mary will bring us into some happier times . . . or maybe just go get some vengeance! The kids really are cute though; I'm curious to see what their features look like all grown up.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #313 on: January 24, 2014, 01:09:02 PM »
Ok, now I guess is a good time for my disclaimer.
I've been raving about gen 5 for a while now, as you know, and it's worked out so perfectly.
I figured it would be my luck that the one time I don't want them I would end up with multiples, but that wasn't the case.
Noten was an important character move I had to play through, at first I didn't like the idea but then I knew it was just necessary to shape the personalities of generation 5. Things are far from over, but honestly - and this may admit to poor planning - I actually never thought about a traitor. Then when I did, the only person who it would make sense was... well... you can fill in that blank.
That's really all I can say without spoiling things. Also, I know this may seem a little sour after this last chapter, but there is a distinct theme among Generation 5. Their names are it right now, and soon it will become more apparent. Feel free to guess, but I feel I've done a good enough job keeping the hints low-key. Eventually I will reveal to you (come time for the heir poll (which will be in about 3 or so chapters, depending on how long I can keep from screaming at IP after the ridiculous lag) the characters that I based my two choices for Generation 5's personality from. Hopefully it will surprise you and I hope that it will have great responses, but until then, maybe you have an idea or maybe you already know... feel free to throw out guesses but I will not tell you if it's right or wrong. I'm just curious to how close some are to figuring out my angle.

I guessed everything in the world. Except that. Noten...you will be missed so much.  :'( This is so unfair! I just...UGH...I KNEW IT! It was a trap! The second I read 'traitor', my brain went 'It's Ruben or Mylee.', but did I guess it would end like that? No. Now, no one is free and Noten is gone, and he never got to see his daughter's face. Edward--it saddens me to realize that such a happy kid is going to have such a drastic personality change now that this has happened. I hope he finds and finishes of Ruben for what he did! I'm rooting for him! Him and Mary have to team up.

On another point, Your writing is superb. I was sitting her clenching my teeth while I was reading! So good, it's like I'm reading a book that I can't put down. As such, I demand more soon. (And now I'm terrified to update my own story because I have nothing on you. NOTHING.)
Now you see why I was so eager to write it. My mind did the same thing with Ruben and Mylee, but it wouldn't make any sense for Mylee to be the traitor as she dealt with behind-the-scenes things, much like Palmira did while pregnant. Ruben, however, was front and center in everything. Unfortunately I'm taking my time with this next chapter as there's a lot that needs to be said that isn't easy to say. I have to balance a lot of different emotional issues AND introduce the setting that will change everything for Mary too. It's a little daunting, but it's just too fun to stop writing. What's the most interesting is I can already feel the separate personalities between Mary and Edward causing some interesting conflict. I'm just so happy that Edward looks like Noten, it really adds a depth to this story, because now, in a way, Palmira still has Noten with her.
Also, don't fear for your own story, I look forward to reading a chapter of yours! I'm still curious to see Cam and Max eventually come to head. :)

I don't like you anymore.  >:(
I'm sorry... I hope I can cheer you up with some great storylines of Edward and Mary? Maybe? Maybe an e-cookie? Believe me, Noten will always be watching.

Ruben?!? Why?!?! He was so nice, and he knew Palmira for so long... THAT SPINELESS PIG!  >:( Now how will the town be saved by Noten's tanned muscular ways?  :'(

(In other news, Mary is gorgeous. If there were baby beauty pagents there she would win hands down!)
No, unfortunately they'll have to be saved by Noten's tanned, muscular son and his gorgeous, brilliant daughter.
Mary looks perfect for the story... and that means nothing to anyone now but soon you'll understand exactly what I mean.

Ugh! I just knew if something didn't happen to Palmira, it would happen to Noten!  >:( It just didn't seem likely for this part of the story to end up all sparkly and happy after everything that had happened. Well, maybe Edward and Mary will bring us into some happier times . . . or maybe just go get some vengeance! The kids really are cute though; I'm curious to see what their features look like all grown up.
Well, it should work out in the end... and Mary and Edward's story is going to be quite... interesting. Not necessarily happier, but definitely interesting. The kids are perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better gene outcome than what did. Truly perfect. Not to mention, Mary has these gorgeous, big, brown eyes as a toddler, I really can't wait to see how she grows into those.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #314 on: January 24, 2014, 02:21:25 PM »
Hopefully Palmira will be OK with their lovely children. But, alas, Reapers have before rebelled against The Great Grimmy, and I have no doubt Palmira will do anything to get him back. Noten and Palmira seemed to me just as madly in love as Demi and Falor once were. Ah, those times...

anything