Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 323410 times)

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: A Sleepless Night
« Reply #315 on: January 24, 2014, 08:17:04 PM »
Two chapters so close together! What a treat! But . . . uh . . Noten! No no no no no! He can't be dead! I . . . I'm on the verge of tears here! That's impressive! It takes a lot for me to cry when reading something. I have to be really close to the characters for me to cry. But Noten! Not Noten! But Edward is so cute! He looks a lot like his father. And Mary. She's adorable, too. But Noten! Amazing story telling, but I am so upset now! But I have to say, despite the fact that I hate that Noten is gone, the whole traitor story line was genius.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The Price of Freedom
« Reply #316 on: January 24, 2014, 08:31:51 PM »
Hopefully Palmira will be OK with their lovely children. But, alas, Reapers have before rebelled against The Great Grimmy, and I have no doubt Palmira will do anything to get him back. Noten and Palmira seemed to me just as madly in love as Demi and Falor once were. Ah, those times...
The Reapers are known to rebell against Grim, it's been that way since Agnes... however Agnes' blood has died out. There are no more witches or supernaturals among the Reapers to challenge the Grim as was done so many times prior. The lore I have created in my mind states that only a born Reaper with gifts of Agnes (witchitude) can dare to even challenge Grim. Palmira is, unfortunately, not born a Reaper... so she will not be able to raise Noten back.
Honestly, I need Noten to stay dead for story purposes, but because I felt there was a need to express why (in case of Agnes and in the case of Falor) certain Sims have been able to challenge the Great Reaper and succeed and why others couldn't.
That windy explanation, in short, was: unfortunately, Noten will not be coming back. It pains me because I loved him and Palmira together and I often ache to see them happy again (which is unusual for me to want a sim to come back that badly) but when the next generation theme is revealed - all questions should be answered.

Two chapters so close together! What a treat! But . . . uh . . Noten! No no no no no! He can't be dead! I . . . I'm on the verge of tears here! That's impressive! It takes a lot for me to cry when reading something. I have to be really close to the characters for me to cry. But Noten! Not Noten! But Edward is so cute! He looks a lot like his father. And Mary. She's adorable, too. But Noten! Amazing story telling, but I am so upset now! But I have to say, despite the fact that I hate that Noten is gone, the whole traitor story line was genius.
I'm flattered, really! :) I did have to admit that the traitor story line was a last-minute thing I threw in because I wanted to make Noten's death more personal and upsetting... which sounded better when I worded that in my head.
Anyways, Thank you very much for your kind words, I hope that I can continue to pull my readers into my stories. I really enjoy immersion with stories so I try my best to immerse my readers.

Honest to goodness, I'm so, so sorry for the long text in this. I just had so much to explain... and so little pictures to explain it with. Please, do your best to try to read through it. I feel awful... It's just so hard to make a conversation sound real.

The Price of Freedom
The Reapers all grieved in different ways.

Edward Reaper was not the child he used to be.
He was quiet and angry. Bitter and reserved.
He hid himself from everyone during the day - he sat out by the shore to cry alone. He never let his mother know of his anger and sadness for she struggled with her own enough as it was as she put her heart and soul into training his little sister.
Edward loved his mother but he wasn't the same child anymore.

Mylee kept to herself, but did her best to take care of everyone.
Mylee had moved in with them after Matteo had broken the news. She had sat at the table staring blankly at the note that read her husbands name in disbelief. When she wasn't addressing Edward, Palmira or Mary, she could be heard crying to herself in the cellar about being betrayed by the man she thought she knew. Mylee felt responsible for causing the destruction of Palmira's family, and the weight pained her every morning when she could hear Palmira crying over Noten's grave, yet she couldn't bear to take off her wedding ring.

Finally, Palmira.
On the outside, Palmira was collected and all about her children. Inside though, she was hollow. Palmira shared a bed with her son now that Mylee moved in to their cellar to help out, but she never really slept. She stared at the ceiling every night in anguish. Much like her son, she wouldn't let others see her grieve. Even though she thought she was doing her best to cover it up, it was painfully apparent to everyone around her. In order for Palmira to even carry on - to force herself out of bed every morning - she buried herself deep into her children. Seeing Mary's oblivious face every morning reminded her of why she continued living. Palmira cut ties with all of the rebellion shortly after Matteo left. She couldn't bear to fight for freedom when that fight cost her the only thing she valued more.

With the rebellion at their backs, Mylee sought out other employment in hopes to afford a new house for Palmira and her children, one that wouldn't remind them of Noten around every corner.
There were a few bites, as there was always a need for nurses, but unfortunately by searching Mylee drew attention to herself and ended up with a Royal Summons.

Mylee knew Queen Carolina well, they used to be friends before this silly crisis started, but that all seemed a distant memory now, so it still surprised Mylee to be greeted by her old friend.
"Mylee! I hadn't heard from you in ages... I worried the rebels must have gotten you!" Queen Carolina called to her from up the stairs. "I was so happy to see your job search. I hope all is well with you... your husband is quite the war-hero, isn't he?"
Mylee swallowed hard trying not to think about it. Her distress was too visible though, and the Queen noted it. "Is something wrong?" Carolina asked.
"He never told me what he was doing... he just disappeared without a trace." She said weakly.
The Queen's face became a look of shock. "My dear! You poor thing! Come inside please... that is considerably rude of Ruben to just take off like that, but I think he did it for your safety. Alfonso came by and said that Ruben single-handled taken down a rebel attack on City Hall. He had warned everyone in advance so no lives were lost except for those pitiful rebels. I hope the Watcher has mercy on their souls for trying to harm so many innocent people. I told Alfonso to offer him and anyone else who helped a safe passage to somewhere hidden so they could live their lives without fear of repercussion."
Mylee felt a twinge inside of her, she knew she had to try. "Do you happen to know... where my husband is? I just want to understand why he left me." She lied.
"I'm afraid not. Alfonso kept that to himself, just incase it got out."
"Oh." Mylee said softly, looking down. "Well, your majesty, may I ask why I was summoned here?"
The Queen's eyes opened wide, "oh my watcher! Of course! How silly of me to get so off track. Yes, you sent out a note saying you were for hire? Well we would like to hire you."
"What for? Are you sick ma'am?"
Carolina looked sad, "I wish it were me, Mylee, I do. My eldest daughter Liliana is terribly ill."
"I think you need a doctor then, ma'am, not a nurse like myself."
"No, that's not all." The Queen paused, pulling some paperwork out. "We already did get doctors in on it, unfortunately they said it was..." The Queen choked up hard on the last word. "Terminal."
"I'm truly sorry to hear that." Mylee put as much comfort in her words as she could. The death of her only child was the reason Mylee even joined the rebellion, so she could relate to the loss of a child.
"I want Liliana to have a nurse to keep her comfortable for her remaining days. You see... the doctor was spouting all kinds of silly stuff." Queen Carolina had dabbed tenderly under each eye before digging through medical paperwork that it was clear she knew nothing about. "I kept asking him to explain it in simpler terms but... heaven forbid a doctor do that, right?"
Mylee just nodded, trying to be sympathetic.
"Something about... consumption? Or something. Honestly, medical jargon."
"Tuberculosis?" Mylee asked suddenly.
"Yes! I believe that was a word he used! Terrible disease."
Mylee found it harder and harder to take her old friend seriously. She had always been too paranoid about vaccines and now her child was paying the price. Mylee tried her best to not let her disgust show, but she felt it was truly pitiful that such a young girl has to suffer now because of it.
"Anyways, can we talk terms?" The Queen asked.
Mylee nodded. "On one condition... you see I've been staying with a very kind family since my Ruben left... do you remember a man by the name of Noten Reaper?"
"Noten, absolutely I've heard great things of the Reaper line, though I never met this man personally. What about him?"
"He passed, recently. Starvation." Mylee lied, at least Noten's name hadn't been destroyed. Matteo must have pulled him out before the body count had started, and it appears that Ruben didn't say anything.
"Oh my goodness! How awful!" The Queen cried with extra flair on the ends.
"He is survived by his wife and two children. I've been helping to take care of them which is why I've been in search for a job."
"I see. We can make accommodations for all of you right down the road, and if Noten's widow is up for it, I could have a line of work for her here as a nanny for my youngest son. I need someone to mold my poor son, as his father and I have been so busy with Liliana. Say, did Noten's wife have any young girls?"
Mylee felt like there was something hidden in her question, "why do you ask?"
"Alfonso is worried the rebellion is being spread to the youth of the world, so he's asked to take in the girls born into all families here to ensure a proper education. I think it's a wonderful idea."
Mylee could see right through her words. Baby girls were being taken to be brainwashed into having brainwashed kids. The thought made Mylee sick. "No, Mira only has two beautiful boys." She lied suddenly. She and Palmira had decided on referring to Palmira as 'Mira' to avoid any suspicion with her old name and life. Now it looks like she won't be the only one hiding her true self.
"Such a shame!" The Queen said with faked disappointment. "Oh well, I'd like to meet you both tonight and drop you off at your new living arrangements, ok? Meet me at this address. Don't be late. 6 o'clock sharp!" The Queen turned with flair and asked the butler to show Mylee out.
This wasn't good.

"Can you say peaches?" Palmira said softly to her little Mary.

It was almost noon, and Mary had almost learned all of her skills. Palmira smiled to herself as she thought about how happy Noten would've been to help Mary learn these words and take her first steps. It saddened Palmira to know that Mary would never know the warmth of her father, the safety in his hugs and the great man he was.
"Ok Mary, now can you say 'daddy'?"
"Da-da!"
That word she never had trouble with.
The talking lesson was soon interrupted as Mylee came running through the door. "Palmira, we need to act fast." She cried.
"What happened?" Palmira stood quickly and handed a cup for Mary to chew on while they spoke.

"It's awful Palmira... they're starting to go after the children." Mylee started.
"What?! Calm down and start from the beginning." Palmira took her over to the couch where they sat and talked. Mylee spilled everything. Her job hunt that led to the summons that led to learning about Ruben that led to learning about the children hunt Alfonso had started. Palmira's face grew with horror.
"I told the Queen that you had two boys though, so as long as we can give Mary a guise... we might still have a chance." Mylee finished.
Palmira hated the idea of changing her child's identity, but if she wanted to keep her child, she would have to. With every cry that Mary made as Palmira shaved her head shattered every last piece of Palmira's heart. Edward came in shortly after with a confused look on his face.
"Was Mary getting too hot or something?" He asked bluntly.

Palmira came close by her son and grabbed him by the shoulders. "No sweetie, she wasn't, but we can't call her Mary anymore." Palmira tried her best to choose words that Edward would understand.
"Why can't we call her Mary? Are we changing her name?"
"Yes, in a way, we are... listen; Mary will always be Mary to the three of us." Palmira motioned to herself along with Mylee and her son. "But, she can't be Mary to anyone else. Instead, we will call her James."

Edward looked very confused. "James? That's a boy's name." He said quietly.
"To anyone outside of this household... of us three... James is your little brother, ok?"
"But why? I don't have a little brother!" Edward argued.
"No sweetie, I know... but if the bad people who hurt your father found out about your little sister being... a girl... they would take her away from us."
The moment Noten was brought up struck a cord with Edward. He tried with all of his might to stop the tears that started to flow out but it was all too much for him. "Why would they take her away mommy?" His voice was high pitched and shaky.
"Because they want to ensure that those girls grow up to be mothers who teach their children not to rebel like what your father and I used to. They will hurt her and make her unhappy and likely force her to become a mommy when she's not ready to be."
Terror filled Edward's eyes. He looked at Mary - now James - and hugged his sibling.

"I won't let anyone hurt you Mary - er... James." He tried to correct himself, but it didn't feel right. "Mom... what if I mess up?"
"Don't worry about that now dear, that'll only make you more stressed about it. It's going to be hard for everyone, but I think we can do it." Palmira said softly. "Now go pack up some of your things and wash your face in the bin outside. We're meeting the Queen tonight."
Edward wasn't excited about that though. The Queen was just another person who could've saved his father but didn't. Edward could care less if the queen saw him looking dirty, in fact, he hoped to disgust her.

The time came to meet the queen at the given address - it was once a community garden, now converted to a home with a garden for the royal family.

The queen sent them on a grand tour - and was it grand. The house was small, but with electricity and running water everyone was completely amazed. Palmira had completely forgotten what it was like to have electricity or that she could just go into a bathroom and take a shower. Edward never knew of these things, so his mind was completely amazed when he heard you could make a room lighter by flipping a switch on a wall.
Mylee had a small bed in the entrance of the home. She would likely be out late or up early so it was easier for her to be near the door to not disturb anyone.

Palmira was almost certain that the kitchen alone cost more than her last house with Noten did all together.

Downstairs was a setup for Palmira and her two "boys."

And there was a bathroom that was so luxurious and big, it could be another room itself.

Unfortunately, while setting up the workers had put Bear's stuff outside. Palmira couldn't help but feel like Noten would've hated that.

Unfortunately the queen hadn't planned for having a toddler around, but Palmira assured her it was ok as 'James' was aging up that night.
"Can I do anything to help celebrate?"

"Honestly, I think we'll just have a quiet celebration... the boys haven't quite gotten used to the move yet." Palmira said quickly. It was much easier to lie about Mary's gender when she just had to pluralize the one boy she already had.
"Ok, well let me know if there's anything I can do! We've left clothing for everyone to change into. The boys will be starting a prep-school that Mylee knows the location of... and are you still up for being my son's nanny?"
Palmira absolutely loathed the idea of being in the house with this ignorant family and raising their child they were supposedly "too busy" to raise themselves, but she bit her tongue and nodded.
"Great! Can you be at our place by 8?"
"Yes, I can."
"That's amazing! I'll be there tomorrow to help you get to know where to find things and also to let our son get familiar with you. I'll see you then! Oh, and please wear the outfit we've placed out for you... it will help him understand your position a little better."
The Queen waved them off, and the Reapers got settled in to their new home. Palmira didn't like being away from Noten's grave, but she made a promise to herself that she would visit it every day. When she got down to the cellar where she and her children would be staying she grimaced. The dress she was expected to wear made her want to gag, but she put it out of her mind for now. It was time to focus on Mary.

Mary originally grew older with longer hair. She was gorgeous and Palmira nearly cried this time as she took the scissors to her daughter's hair.

Amazingly, Mary was much more collected about the experience. "It's ok mom." She said gently. "I like it shorter anyways." Of course she really didn't, but she wasn't going to let her mom feel like she was hurting her personally. Mary was wise beyond her years. She knew all about her father and she had even overheard what Mylee had said earlier about girls being taken which had given her a strong resolve. When no-one was around she practiced making her voice a little deeper. As a kid she knew she could get by with a higher voice, but as she grew older she needed to be sure everyone bought the act.

Everyone had gone to sleep that night except for Palmira. She stayed up, still feeling restless. When 3 am rolled around she changed into her uniform and cried as she looked at herself in the mirror.

She could just hear exactly what Noten would say if he had seen her. "Hey gorgeous... well now, are we trying something new tonight?"
Then she would just scoff at him and tell him she had to work in this uniform. He would grin at her and pull her in close and tell her that she was still beautiful regardless of what she wore. Palmira could almost hear his voice in her head as she washed her face of tears and for the first time since his death she felt ok with thinking about him. She knew that he was always going to be watching over her and that comforted her. She took a boat out to the garden where he was buried and talked to him for most of the morning. She sat against his cold grave and told him about everything going on. She knew he'd be upset if he knew about Mary, but at the same time she knew he just had to understand that Palmira couldn't bear to let them take her.
You could've stayed out on the island. She would reason.
"But Edward wasn't doing well out here. The constant reminders of you... and how life used to be... it was unhealthy for him. And in a way, it was unhealthy for me. This house is full of memories with you... it's just not the same without you in it." Palmira sighed. "It's just not the same without you period. I wish you were here."

Several weeks passed of the same routine. Palmira would get up several hours early to visit Noten's grave and tell him about all of the things going on. She would put artwork up for him and flowers and just sit there to tell him her worries. Every day she would stay with him until 6 in the morning where she would finally get up and say "I wish you were here" before heading to her job at the Ichtaca's.
Mylee would wake up at 6 and get the "boys" ready for prep school. She would walk them there and then take herself over to the Ichtaca's to check on Liliana. She was happy to spend time with the kids and even happier to know that the trips to Noten's grave improved Palmira's spirit. Every day the kids would give her something to "take back to daddy" with her for her morning trips, and Palmira would dutifully bring them and tell their stories word-for-word to the grave. In a way, it made them all feel closer to him, even though he was gone.
It wasn't long before Edward aged into a strapping young teen.

Who looked every bit like Noten. Sometimes Palmira would look at her son and see her husband for just a moment before she would realize that it was only her son who was growing up on her. Edward had always been athletic and brave, when he was a child he dreamed of sailing like his father did, but now that he was a teen he was growing more and more rebellious. Palmira worried her son would get into trouble, but Edward assured her that wouldn't be the case.
"I won't get into trouble... if I do that simply means I've gotten caught." He would say bitterly every time his mother brought it up. "You've said it yourself mom, there are bad people in the world, and it's time for them to pay their dues."
And Edward would be sure they paid in full.

Reader's Question - With this story line, how would you like me to address Mary so that it doesn't get too confusing? I was thinking about switching her over to the name James completely but I didn't want for everyone to forget that she's Mary. However if I have people address her as James but use the dialogue response as Mary I worry that might get too confusing. Let me know what you think on that note. Anyways, did that give any hints at all to the naming theme? Any? I'm really curious now as this would be the biggest hint that I knew I would be giving. I was hoping it wouldn't give it away but I just want to know if I did.

Thank you to everyone who has read my story and stayed with me up to this point - silent readers and commenters alike. You have given me the confidence to write this story and I feel I've grown and improved so, so much from the start of this. It's not over yet, but I just want to reflect that while I'm on generation 5 here... I've still got a ways to go, so thank you to all of you who have stuck with me until now, and to those of you just joining I appreciate every view and every comment.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #317 on: January 24, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »
Another update! This almost makes up for Noten being gone . . . almost  ::) I'm still gonna miss him. This chapter almost made me cry more than the last one. I think seeing the aftermath of his death is harder to read then reading that he is gone. Yeah, some of the stuff I say sounds way better in my head, but when I say them they don't sound quite the same  :) Oh, Mary. She is beautiful, I wish she could keep her hair. But there are sacrifices to be made in times like that. What are they going to do when she gets older? Edward is becoming very handsome. Now I can obsesses over someone else! But I'll still miss Noten. The beginning of this chapter was wonderful. I feel like it really captured what Edward is going through.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #318 on: January 24, 2014, 10:26:17 PM »

What a beautiful chapter! No need to thank us; it's a delight to read your story. As for the naming theme, I can't place my finger on it, but I swear it's incredibly familiar. Give me some time, and I may just work it out. Maybe.  :P It feels like something I read too long ago to fully remember, if that makes sense. But I love the latest development about where your story is going. I expect it will be great!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #319 on: January 24, 2014, 10:29:23 PM »
I think I may have figured out the naming theme! After some quick google searches and thinking, I may have it! I don't want to write in case I accidentally ruin a future plan(or if I'm wrong  :P) But I have a strong hunch I might just know what it is . . . then again, what I think it is I'm not all too familiar with, so I might be wrong.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #320 on: January 25, 2014, 04:51:20 AM »
I might have an idea of what you're going for with the names, but I could be absolutely wrong. I googled something to see and something came up...ah, we'll see.  ;)

Anywho! You've brought this generation up to an emotional level that just amazes me. It's still so weird and horribly sad for Noten to just be gone, and the fact that Edward looks EXACTLY like him does not help at all. And Mary (I think you should stick with referring to her as Mary, by the way)...strong little thing isn't she? I like her. I like her very much. But this whole set up is horribly twisted. Mylee and Palmira working for the Queen! And the way she talked about the rebels and...ugh...I was disgusted by it. You know you've written well and made an impression on me when I feel the same amount of disgust the characters feel.

This story, simply put, is breathtaking and heartwrenching and I desperately need more!
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #321 on: January 25, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »
Another update! This almost makes up for Noten being gone . . . almost  ::) I'm still gonna miss him. This chapter almost made me cry more than the last one. I think seeing the aftermath of his death is harder to read then reading that he is gone. Yeah, some of the stuff I say sounds way better in my head, but when I say them they don't sound quite the same  :) Oh, Mary. She is beautiful, I wish she could keep her hair. But there are sacrifices to be made in times like that. What are they going to do when she gets older? Edward is becoming very handsome. Now I can obsesses over someone else! But I'll still miss Noten. The beginning of this chapter was wonderful. I feel like it really captured what Edward is going through.
I've got Noten saved to the bin, I just have to clean him up and strip him down of my CC to put him on the swap shop if anyone is interested. I also should get Atrox in there. I think the reason I held off this last time (from putting both boys up) was because I wanted to do them two generations at a time so the threads don't get overly bogged down. So I'll likely put them up when Mary and Edward are grown so they can all share their same thread. I'm not sure... we'll see.
Haha, I always feel very awkward when responding to comments such as this, because I feel happy when I know I've touched someone emotionally, but I don't want to say "I'm glad I made you nearly cry!" If that makes sense, haha, if you can tell, I'm pretty sure I have the socially awkward trait along with the Solitude hermit trait (loner just doesn't cover it)... no idea how my boyfriend puts up with me.
As for Mary, I already have quite the plan for when she gets older, it will really get interesting, that's for sure. Believe it or not Edward is so much like his father but yet so different at the same time... it's almost heartbreaking. The part where I said Palmira sometimes saw him as her husband before she remember that he was her growing boy? I actually felt I HAD to put that in because in my head I kept calling Edward 'Noten' and then I would have to correct myself.

What a beautiful chapter! No need to thank us; it's a delight to read your story. As for the naming theme, I can't place my finger on it, but I swear it's incredibly familiar. Give me some time, and I may just work it out. Maybe.  :P It feels like something I read too long ago to fully remember, if that makes sense. But I love the latest development about where your story is going. I expect it will be great!
Haha, ohh I'm going to have so much fun with the great reveal. There isn't going to be a chapter on it, just pictures with the true names of generation 5. It probably does sound a little familiar, but under these circumstances I'm not sure if anyone could guess it (as I didn't just copy them from history, but I actually based their personalities off of fictional characters). There's only one more chapter between now and the heir poll and I seriously just can't wait to get that chapter up but I don't have time to write it today (my family are driving up to see me at the moment, the apartment's a wreck and needs a good vacuum among other things, and I have an interview today... crazy stuff) so I'm going crazy! If you do put your finger on it, feel free to PM it to me, because I'm just dying to know what everyone keeps saying they think it is.

I think I may have figured out the naming theme! After some quick google searches and thinking, I may have it! I don't want to write in case I accidentally ruin a future plan(or if I'm wrong  :P) But I have a strong hunch I might just know what it is . . . then again, what I think it is I'm not all too familiar with, so I might be wrong.
PM me, I'm very curious, because when I google searched a few things I barely found anything. However when I searched for a very specific phrase I was shocked to find something - but that might have been from my own recent searches that google found it. I'm intrigued as to what you found!

I might have an idea of what you're going for with the names, but I could be absolutely wrong. I googled something to see and something came up...ah, we'll see.  ;)

Anywho! You've brought this generation up to an emotional level that just amazes me. It's still so weird and horribly sad for Noten to just be gone, and the fact that Edward looks EXACTLY like him does not help at all. And Mary (I think you should stick with referring to her as Mary, by the way)...strong little thing isn't she? I like her. I like her very much. But this whole set up is horribly twisted. Mylee and Palmira working for the Queen! And the way she talked about the rebels and...ugh...I was disgusted by it. You know you've written well and made an impression on me when I feel the same amount of disgust the characters feel.

This story, simply put, is breathtaking and heartwrenching and I desperately need more!
PM me, I'm seriously curious, as I said before - I googled certain things as well and didn't find my theme for them but I don't know exactly what every has googled to check.
Unfortunately, in this last chapter I wasn't able to include the tiny rebellion Edward was trying to start. I just ran out of space and pictures to include that he would often spite the queen and his teachers as a child. Edward is very, very emotionally driven, which is what I'm trying to draw out. Mary is level headed and thinks before she acts, but also is very limited in her emotional arsenal. When I do put up the heir poll I will remind everyone of that though, because their personalities will result in different outcomes of the rebellions and wars. I had a feeling you would like Mary, I had a character I based Mary's personality off of solely, so I hope I did a decent job fleshing out Edward's personality as I drew from many inspirations for him rather than just one as I did for Mary. All characters I did base them off of are fictional though, if that gives any clues as to what this theme is... though it may throw some off the trail too *shrugs* I dunno.

Anywho, I'm going to grab screenshots for the next chapter but I likely won't have time to write it, busy day and all, but I'll try to write it tonight after things have calmed down but I can't make any promises. I'm just as excited as everyone else, so don't think I'm avoiding the inevitable heir poll... because it's coming, in fact... it'll likely follow directly after this next chapter. :) Keep your eyes out the next day or so. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #322 on: January 25, 2014, 03:01:36 PM »
PM me, I'm seriously curious, as I said before - I googled certain things as well and didn't find my theme for them but I don't know exactly what every has googled to check.
Unfortunately, in this last chapter I wasn't able to include the tiny rebellion Edward was trying to start. I just ran out of space and pictures to include that he would often spite the queen and his teachers as a child. Edward is very, very emotionally driven, which is what I'm trying to draw out. Mary is level headed and thinks before she acts, but also is very limited in her emotional arsenal. When I do put up the heir poll I will remind everyone of that though, because their personalities will result in different outcomes of the rebellions and wars. I had a feeling you would like Mary, I had a character I based Mary's personality off of solely, so I hope I did a decent job fleshing out Edward's personality as I drew from many inspirations for him rather than just one as I did for Mary. All characters I did base them off of are fictional though, if that gives any clues as to what this theme is... though it may throw some off the trail too *shrugs* I dunno.

Anywho, I'm going to grab screenshots for the next chapter but I likely won't have time to write it, busy day and all, but I'll try to write it tonight after things have calmed down but I can't make any promises. I'm just as excited as everyone else, so don't think I'm avoiding the inevitable heir poll... because it's coming, in fact... it'll likely follow directly after this next chapter. :) Keep your eyes out the next day or so. :D

Fictional? Well then I'm already wrong. I'm a history major and there's a martyr who was killed for his beliefs named Edward James that my teacher spoke of briefly so when Mary's name was being changed to James my mind went  :o But, he's a real person, so I'm in correct.

I should really do the same in my file, but I recently started up a separate Riverview file and gave Constant Shelley a makeover and now I'm a little upset with the genetic possibilities of this town.

Offline Kavey

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #323 on: January 25, 2014, 06:50:15 PM »
Oh no... the poll's coming up this quickly? Well I guess Mary (I agree that we should remind her of her old identity as well as her family) needs to move to a new town as soon as she hits her teen years of raging hormones and angst. I hope she doesn't fall into harms way, I simply adore her!  :D Oh Edward, Edward, Edward,your going to be more mischeivious than I thought when you were a little unborn nooboo! What are you planning? Don't get caught, I can't bear to lose another tanned, muscular, Reaper to... er... the Grim Reaper (no relation I assume).  ;)

I'm curious about how Palmira's client, the royal boy wonder, will turn out being raised by a good unbrainwashed woman like her. Can some outside influence weasel its way into that royal family? Will Mary be found out? Will Edward get caught? Find out next time when LivvieLove posts on The Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment!    ;D     Sorry, this reply is much to long!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Mary's Confession
« Reply #324 on: January 26, 2014, 01:57:58 AM »
Fictional? Well then I'm already wrong. I'm a history major and there's a martyr who was killed for his beliefs named Edward James that my teacher spoke of briefly so when Mary's name was being changed to James my mind went  :o But, he's a real person, so I'm in correct.

I should really do the same in my file, but I recently started up a separate Riverview file and gave Constant Shelley a makeover and now I'm a little upset with the genetic possibilities of this town.
Ok, I should have worded that differently... it's very hard to explain. I did use history characters, but their personalities are closer to fictional ones? You'll understand in two posts from now. Just... I can't explain it without giving it away and you'll see in a the post after this one.
Though, even on your guess it wasn't where my theme was. Sadie actually got half of it right, but not the other half, Mary was fairly easy to guess when you find a certain webpage that ultimately gives away the character I based her personality on solely (which, hint: is from another game - not that it will matter in two posts... haha).
Oh dear... a history major... please don't shoot me for inaccuracies (I kid, with the Sims it's almost impossible to be accurate, but I must say I feel really darn proud for getting as close as I did).

Oh no... the poll's coming up this quickly? Well I guess Mary (I agree that we should remind her of her old identity as well as her family) needs to move to a new town as soon as she hits her teen years of raging hormones and angst. I hope she doesn't fall into harms way, I simply adore her!  :D Oh Edward, Edward, Edward,your going to be more mischeivious than I thought when you were a little unborn nooboo! What are you planning? Don't get caught, I can't bear to lose another tanned, muscular, Reaper to... er... the Grim Reaper (no relation I assume).  ;)

I'm curious about how Palmira's client, the royal boy wonder, will turn out being raised by a good unbrainwashed woman like her. Can some outside influence weasel its way into that royal family? Will Mary be found out? Will Edward get caught? Find out next time when LivvieLove posts on The Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment!    ;D     Sorry, this reply is much to long!
No worries about your reply! I always love reading my reader's comments! The poll is coming quickly because if I don't then I'm going to end up committing suicide from the lag. I just. Can't. Do it anymore. I just... can't. Like, I feel my health will start taking a toll if I keep trying to boot up this bloated save. Anyways, enough of my pathetic ravings... Mary needs to move to a new town not because of raging hormones... as she is the more level-headed of the potential heirs, but she has to move because, and forgive the all caps from my rage: THERE IS NOT A SINGLE TEEN/YA CLOTHING FOR WOMEN THAT DOESN'T HUG THEIR BODIES/MAKE THEM REVEALING IN EVERY WAY.
Simply put, I scraped by when Mary was a teen (to make her look like a boy) but there is absolutely NO clothing (I swear I checked every article I had from the Sims) that doesn't accent her... bust... as a YA. There are no loose-fitting pants that don't have ridiculous "dress-pants" feel and there are absolutely no decent clothing that can make Mary even passable as a man, so I'll have to figure something out about that.
As for Edward... yeah... he's pretty crazy. I guess I'll just let you find out how. Anyways, I need to hire you to kick-off my posts sometime, because that was quite a cliff-hanger!

Alright, fancy little note to my readers: There are very few pictures for this chapter... I really just... I can't do IP anymore. I'm on the verge of tearing-my-hair-out-screaming-while-punching-my-computer from the lag. I just can't do it anymore. That is why the heir poll will follow shortly after this post. Anyways, I'm sorry for my rants within comments, it's just been one tiring day with fussing over these sims, and I'm so... so excited to move out of the lag-fest that is Isla Paradiso.

Mary's Confession
It wasn't long before Mary aged up to join her older brother. She had mastered a believable voice and often spent her time wearing only her school uniform as she worried her body-shape would be too easily seen in regular clothing.

Mary and Edward had grown into two different people; Mary was calculated and level-headed. She always reacted in ways that would be the most sensible for the most people. Edward, on the other hand, was emotional and ambitious. He was driven to do that which suited him and his own, rather than everyone else.
It wasn't an uncommon sight to see Edward brawling with another boy at the prep school, but rarely did one ever see Mary join in.
"Hey there Reaper..." A student would crow. "It's such a shame your father had to bite the dust just so your dear ol' ma could sell herself into servitude..."
It didn't take much to egg him on, and while he would always say the other's provoked him it was he who threw the first punch.
This time, however, it wasn't Edward who decided to knock around heads, but Mary. The boy who had provoked him hadn't even seen the agile girl come behind him and give him a right pounding into the back of his head.
Mary walked around the front of the now doubled-over classmate and wiped the sweat off her mouth. She bent down and looked at him levelly before saying: "It's such a shame that you have such troubles learning that you need a physical hit to keep information in your thick skull." Her voice was low and deep.
The kid scowled. "James..." He growled.
Mary just smiled a cocky, knowing smile. "That's my name, don't wear it out." She stood up fully and stepped on his hand as she walked away, yanking on Edward's arm to get him to back down. "Leave it, Edward." She said to him calmly.
"He keeps-"
"Provoking you. I know. Same story, different day. You've got to let it go Edward." The two started walking to the exit of the school.
"Wait... are we?"
"Ditching?" Mary gave a mischievous smile and just kept on walking.
"Anything's better than this place." Edward said as he kicked a stone from under his feet.
"Did ya' hear what mom was talking about this morning?" Mary asked casually as they walked - presumably to the market, as they always did when they skipped school.
"The heirship? Yeah." Edward said calmly. He looked over his shoulder to check for someone listening before turning back to his sister. "It's our ticket out of here James."
"We still have things to do here, Edward." She said flatly. "We can't just leave mom in a place like this, we need to take action."
"We can just take her with us." Edward hissed under his breath.
"It's never that simple, Ed."
"It should be."

The two ended up at the marketplace which was mostly empty due to some stalls being just now opening for the day. They walked together and browsed the stalls. Edward had kept his eyes open as there was a stall he had been waiting to see open for months but the owner was rarely ever in. To his surprise, the stall was opened up with a merchant at the door. He waved off Mary and told her that he'd be right back as he went to check it out.
Mary leaned against the sides of a different stall and looked around the market with boredom. There was only so many times you could visit a place before it became familiar, and for Mary, boring. She straight the cuffs on one her sleeves when she noticed a bright young girl staring at her. She immediately became self-conscious and readjusted herself to face another direction.

It always made Mary uncomfortable when women stared at her, it made her feel as though they saw right through her. Unfortunately for her, this one was persistent.
"Hey there handsome." The girl said brightly while moving to lean against her shoulder. "What's your name?" The girl - who looked about 15 - winked at her.
Mary froze, discomfort was rising in her gut. "J-James." She sputtered, doing her best to keep her voice low.
"Aww, do you get nervous around pretty girls?"
Mary was backed into a corner, she swallowed hard when she felt a rough arm that gruffly dragged her by the neck a good ways back. "James! We need to get home or mom will nag at us... say goodbye to your ladyfriend." Edward said roughly as he jerked Mary backwards. As he pulled her further away he leaned against her ear and whispered. "Keep moving, they can sense fear you know." He tired his best not to laugh as he pulled his sibling out from the market.
"Thanks." Mary said gruffly as she stretched her neck where Edward had grabbed her.
"She looked like she was trying to eat you."
"I was pretty sure she might've if you hadn't come along."
Edward laughed and the two walked towards the beach.

The two talked quietly of heirship and duties, doing their best to not disagree on everything.
"I just want to avenge dad, that's all." Edward said as he stared out at the ocean.
"Vengeance will get you nothing but a sour taste in your mouth at the end of the day." Mary reasoned. "There so much more that needs to be done, that we need to do Edward, I just wish you would understand that."
"You couldn't possibly understand." Edward's voice was bitter. "You never knew him, you didn't have to take the news that he had died because someone else tried to shoot him in the back. Treachery is a sickening thing."
Mary didn't have anything to say to that. She never did.

Hours past as they watched waves hit the sand. They felt their futures were up in the air with nothing solid to stand on. Edward finally broke the silence. "We should get home, mom will ring our necks if it becomes too apparents that we've skipped, erm, again."
"Go on ahead, I've got something else I need to do." Mary said quietly.
Edward just looked down. "Well, don't be late, you know, big celebration tonight. The decision for heir - all that grand stuff."
Mary just nodded and watched her brother run off. She had other things she needed to do.

Mary felt awkward as she stood in front of the grave. "So... hi." She mumbled.
"You don't know me, or well, you didn't know of me. I'm Jame-" She paused, "Mary. I'm your daughter." She looked down and swallowed. "I wish I could've met you because I heard you were a great dad. Mom always said you were a good listener, so I guess that's why I'm here, because... I could use someone like that right now." Mary sat down in the dirt against the grave. "I don't think I'm cut out for this, for any of this. I'm not entirely sure how you did it for as long as you did. Heirship... this rebellion... it cost you your life." Mary looked up towards the sky. "How in the world can one of us do what you couldn't? I want to finish what you started... what you and mom both started, but how can I if I don't even know how to start?"
Mary rested her chin on her palm. "I guess it would be an adventure to try out someplace new. I can't be the only person asides from Edward to be fighting this fight. So I guess that's what I'll have to do." Mary looked at the grave once more as she stood slowly. She smiled gently. "I hope to make you proud of me," she whispered. She finally gave the grave one long last stare before she headed off for home.
She and Edward had to face their fate.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Mary's Confession
« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2014, 02:09:33 AM »
I have absolutely no idea who Mary and Edward are based off of. So I'm just going to stop trying. It must not've been a game I played XD

Anyway, you have a way of making each heir poll difficult. So far, I don't know who to pick. Seeing Mary talk to Noten's grave got me though. I still cannot believe he's dead. But either way, he's left behind a great legacy. I hope that if Mary wins the vote, you can find a way to keep that boyish look about her, buts till exemplify her beauty, y'know? She looks A LOT like Palmira, but Reaper genetics are strong. See lots of Noten in her as well.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Theme Revealed - Heir Poll
« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2014, 02:25:12 AM »
Theme Revealed - Heir Poll

Generation 5 Theme

And our candidates:
May I present to you:

Blackbeard - Edward "Teach" Reaper

Brave, Sailor, Rebellious, Athletic, Hot-Headed.

Character based off of: Edward Thatch (Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag), a little bit of Hector Barbosa (Pirates of the Caribbean), and several others.

James Kidd - Mary "Read" Reaper

Brave, Sailor, Rebellious, Genius, Loves the Heat.

Character based off of: Mary Read/James Kidd (Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag)

The neighborhood would have to be, of course: Barnacle Bay.

Voting Closed. Thank You for voting! :D

Offline ToniSimbot

• Llama Wrangler
  • We shall take over SimNation with fire and blood
    • Simblr (beware spoilers)
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Mary's Confession and Theme Revealed
« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2014, 08:36:38 AM »
I fall off the face of the internet for a few weeks and first thing I check when I get back are the Reapers. So imagine my face when there are like 5 updates and you KILLED NOTEN! Like what in the world?!  >:(

Jeez, some backstabbers in Paradiso, dude. Not cool. At all. I'm upset. I'm going to need some cookies, tea, and a few hours with the saddest playlist on my ipod for this. Wow...

And what is with the Queen/Royal Family? Are they getting bad advisers and actually think this crackdown is a good idea or are they just evil? And do they just have a bit of power in Paradiso or are we getting royal decrees in the next town?

Mary and Edward are beautiful. I was thinking the theme was old English kings, but apparently I was way off. And "James" is pretty cute, no wonder the girl on the beach tried to flirt with her.

Anyway, compliments to the Watcher, for a delicious story and pretty sims.  ;)
Current Story: Vesta's Reward

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #328 on: January 26, 2014, 09:59:18 AM »
It's a hard choice, between the two. I voted, but I'll be happy with whoever gets chosen. That song is really catchy, though, believe it or not! I've never played in Barnacle Bay, so it's going to be cool to get to see it. I'm in awe that you've been able to deal with the lag in Isla Paradislo for so long! I made a file to play there, and I don't have any interest to keep playing. The lag jut makes it unbearable. I think Mary and Edward are an amazing mixture of their parent's features. They are both gorgeous!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #329 on: January 26, 2014, 01:43:44 PM »

I haven't actually played the Assassin's Creed games, so yeah . . . didn't see that coming. I was thinking Twelfth Night, by Shakespeare, because it had two siblings who get separated by a shipwreck, one is a girl who has to pretend to be a man to protect her identity, and it's set on the coast.

Anyway, I voted for Mary. Because she's awesome. I also don't have Barnacle Bay, so it'll be fun to see the town. I love both of their outfits, but especially Mary's.

anything