Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 323413 times)

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Becoming Mary
« Reply #360 on: February 06, 2014, 10:54:07 PM »
Mary looks amazing! You did a great job with her, Liv. Now that her identity issues aren't quite so severe, I look forward to seeing her life progress. Also, that house is gorgeous. I'm thinking she's going to end up with Thomas---early congrats to her for that! I was hoping they'd stay friends though. He kinda reminds me of Beetee from the Hunger Games.
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #361 on: February 07, 2014, 01:02:08 AM »
Mary looks so pretty! Not that she wasn't pretty before, but that hair looks really good on her. I think her outfits are very Mary-like. I loved how the stylist had to explain everything to her, like the dresses and heels  ::) Her house is very pretty. I think it definitely matches her personality. Simming is always good for the soul. They should make Sims for Everyone's Soul.  :D LIke Chicken soup for the teenage soul.
Haha, well she had never been a girl before, she'd always been James, so I figured she couldn't possibly know that much about dresses and high heels. I'm so surprised everyone like the house! It's just my usual box-building style, but thankfully Colonial-Style tends to reflect boxes, so win-win.

Mary's delightful, but I think Bear and Edward being nice counterpoints to her personality.
I really agree, she's best in her interactions with others rather than solo.
My characters always seem to develop a personality of their own, I feel like I have such little control over it, and I'm their watcher!

This is a glorious day, Mary's hair is grown! I wish I had those lovely locks… *sigh*
I'm glad to see that Eddy is doing well too, and not pillaging random towns. :P Best of all is to here from you again Livvie, and I know I'm a bit late, but virtual hugs from me to you. Hang in there, make Agnes proud! :)
Haha, I had a feeling that would be a crowd pleaser. I'm unsure how long she'll keep it long, but we'll see how the story pans out. Haha, he only pillages behind everyone's backs - no, being a firefighter surprised me, but it seems quite fitting! Thank you for the kind words, I always think of my Sims when life gets rough, it's a nice release from real life.

Now go Mary, throw your identity issues in trashbin and kiss him! You need to find yourself and you need another person to tell you things about humans and personality and yourself and such...
If only all problems could be solved so quickly! Yes, Mary's life is on the move, but I'm unsure of what is yet to come, though I'm sure not many of you will be thrilled with my choices.

Mary looks amazing! You did a great job with her, Liv. Now that her identity issues aren't quite so severe, I look forward to seeing her life progress. Also, that house is gorgeous. I'm thinking she's going to end up with Thomas---early congrats to her for that! I was hoping they'd stay friends though. He kinda reminds me of Beetee from the Hunger Games.
Thank you kindly, though it wasn't that hard. I had an outfit kind of figured out for feminine-Mary, I just needed an excuse to get her into a salon. Thank you on the house compliments! Again, I'm genuinely surprised many people liked it as it's my typical box-layout just done up with some flowers and windows and stuff. Mary was always very simplistic in my imagination, so I always imagined her in a very simple house with a lot of books curled up by a fireplace reading. I really should try to flesh out Mary and Thomas' relationship as it's far from normal and not really romantic. They're more like intellectual partners. I guess I always saw them as a couple who would spend most of their time sharing thoughts rather than being touchy-feely and making out somewhere. I plan to take a long time in getting Mary to a state where she'll be comfortable having a more physical relationship with a man. Though I obviously don't want to give anything away, I will try to be more clear on the kind of relationship that she and Thomas share as you're quite close to the mark.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
« Reply #362 on: February 07, 2014, 07:16:42 AM »
Yay! After being swallowed by everything this week, I see this. *celebrates

And I'm late/in no place to be saying anything but I hope things go better for you! And it'd be nice to see Mary meet other people, too. Though it's up to you. :D
At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #363 on: February 07, 2014, 01:22:03 PM »

A cute house for a cute gal.  ;) Okay, I take back my earlier reservations about Thomas.

Offline SimForLife

• Nooboo
« Reply #364 on: February 07, 2014, 05:34:14 PM »
This was amazing. I've never had a writer convey such emotions before that I felt as if it were happening to me. And the screenshot use was a brilliant add-in to help get across those overall emotions. Well done.

SimForLife
Using Tapatalk

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Becoming Mary - Pt. 2
« Reply #365 on: February 12, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »
Yay! After being swallowed by everything this week, I see this. *celebrates

And I'm late/in no place to be saying anything but I hope things go better for you! And it'd be nice to see Mary meet other people, too. Though it's up to you. :D
Thank you kindly. Mary has got some ups and downs to make it through first, but she might be able to settle down and have a family once it's all said and done. :)

A cute house for a cute gal.  ;) Okay, I take back my earlier reservations about Thomas.
Thomas is a great guy, given time of course, as with any guy. :) Thanks!

This was amazing. I've never had a writer convey such emotions before that I felt as if it were happening to me. And the screenshot use was a brilliant add-in to help get across those overall emotions. Well done.

SimForLife
Thank you kindly :) I worked hard to try to convey emotions to a point, I'm glad it's coming through.

**Anyways, I'm really sorry it's been so long, I've really just been in a slump and it's hard to write with meaning when you're in a slump. I've been uninspired and stuck, so I've mainly left this story be in favor of my other one as it's just easier to write. I don't want anyone to worry, I would never give up on the Reapers, but I want everyone to enjoy the story I've written without it getting boring for both myself and you. So my updates will be a little shorter probably because this time period with Mary is her "boring" time period. I have to lay out so much groundwork to get to the interesting parts of her story that I've been excited about, but the groundwork just gets a bit tedious sometimes and makes me need a break. I've got an update now, but thank you all for being so patient. I'm still here, just working through a few things and I want to be at my best when I write so my writing is it's best.

Becoming Mary Continued
"Thomas?"

The man squinted his eyes as he readjusted his glasses. "Ah! Mary... yes, hello!" He seemed a bit frazzled.
"What are you doing out here Thomas?"
"Oh, sorry to bother you, I had got your home address prior and I was actually coming to talk to you, uh... do you mind if I come in?"

"Oh, yes of course!" Mary's surprise had worn off and she immediately pulled the door open to her house and gazed in. "Wow, it's really stunning in here." She whispered.
"Oh, you hadn't been?"
"No, the builders just got done today, I was coming to take a look! It's a good thing you had come today, otherwise I might not have come home at all." Mary laughed. "Anyways, you wanted to talk to me, is this about the Inn?"
Thomas looked down for a moment in thought. "Yes, yes of course." He paused, "the inn. I, er, found some builders I wanted you to look at and have pooled together the money to potentially make it happen." He handed her the check from his pocket.
"Oh my watcher, Thomas this is too much." She breathed as she saw the six digit number on it. "How did you come across this, if you don't mind me asking?"
"I sold my house." He shrugged.

"You what?" Mary asked quietly. "Why... why would you do that for me?"
Thomas smiled gently but looked away with sadness in his eyes. "I've lived a decent life up until now, Mary. I've paid my taxes, gone to work, bought my own house and it's all nice when it's new, but it grows monotonous after a while. With the time I have - I mean - with life being so short, I just wanted to do something meaningful."
"You should donate this to a charity then... or use it to fund an adventure someplace new! Not waste it on my silly pipe dream." Mary was absolutely stunned, she couldn't believe how kind Thomas was being, but she couldn't shake that sad look she saw in his eyes, or the way he had to reword a few of his sentences. 
He paused in thought, that sad look still in his eyes, he shook it off and smiled at her. "It doesn't have to be a pipe dream anymore."

"Thank you Thomas... this means so much more to me then I could even describe." She took a step closer to him, suddenly feeling the pull of attraction on her upper body. She was genuinely surprised with Thomas backed off.
"Uh," he cleared his throat quietly as he looked at her. "I hate to ask this of you, but I now have no place to stay, would you mind if I bunk here until I get my bearings again?"
Mary stepped back herself and paused before nodding furious. "Yes, of course. I have a spare bedroom upstairs, stay as long as you like."

It had been a week, Thomas and Mary had called builders and drafters and designers from all over to look into their project. Their pooled funds had gotten Mary everything she dreamed of. Thomas continued to stay with Mary, sleeping in the bedroom beside her own.

As weeks past, Thomas never left.

And Mary never asked him to.
Mary was starting to feel more when it came to Thomas, but he would always back off right at the last minute. Mary couldn't help but start to feel the doubt of every woman prior. Was she pretty enough? Did he have another woman in mind? She felt like they had so much in common, but he never seemed to stay interested for long. Mary's confusion was growing as the days passed, but she never vocalized her issues, not even when they would have the deep conversations about their lives.

The builders had started working on the Inn now that everything was in place, but Mary started to worry every day that Thomas was starting to want out. He would stay in his room a little extra every day, and while Mary was always curious and knew she could demand to know if he was bringing other women into her house she didn't feel it was right to press.

Mary had been reading quietly with Thomas nearby in their living room when Thomas turned on some music. "Come on, have you ever danced before?" He asked her.
"Never. I can't imagine I'm very good at it." She said from behind her book.
"It's very easy, trust me." He held out his hand. She stared at it for a while before she sighed and put her book down. He won her over, as he always did.

He began teaching her the steps, softly whispering numbers and counting to four again and again. Mary stumbled over her own feet for most of it, but she kept up enough to not break anything. For a few minutes they danced in silence before Thomas broke it.
"I've been meaning to tell you something, and it always seems that much easier when I can distract myself with something else."
Mary looked down at her feet, his speaking had thrown off her count but she didn't want him to stop talking either. "What is it?" She asked softly as she readjusted her feet to match his patterns again.
It was hard to match up with him when her thoughts drifted to his confession, she was sure this was when he would tell her about the girls he might have been seeing, or why he wasn't interested in her.
He looked off to the side briefly, in thought. "I'm sick, Mary." He finally said.
This caught Mary off guard and forced her to stand back from him. "Wait, what?"

"Not contagious sick, if that's what you're thinking."
Mary suddenly realized the way she pulled away must have rubbed wrong. "No, sorry, that wasn't what I was thinking, it just wasn't what I expected to hear I guess."
He had a confused look on his face. "What were you thinking then?"
Mary sighed, "I don't know, something about you telling me about a girl you've been seeing every night?"
Thomas paused for a moment before he burst out laughing.
"What?!" Mary demanded.
"You may have been raised as a man, Mary, but you have the mind of a woman." He teased.
Mary's face got serious. "Hey now, what do you mean you're sick?"
"Just that I'm sick Mary."
"No, I mean, my mom's studyin' to be a nurse. She can take a look at you and we can get you some medicine and you'll -"
"Not that kind of sick Mary. I've had an immune disorder since I was a baby, got it from my mom, actually."
Mary took a moment to reflect on his words. "You said your mom died young - when you were young too, was it... the sickness that killed her?"
Thomas nodded solemnly. "For a long time I thought I could outrun it, but now I feel it catching up to me as time passes."
Mary couldn't seem to wrap her head around this information.

"What does this mean though?" Mary asked in a defensive way.
Thomas looked at her gently and reached out to touch her arm. "I'm dying, Mary. I lived my whole life thinking I was the lucky one. My brothers and sister all had what my mom had... we all did, but they got sick fast. I was the youngest, and I spent all of my time in my room, reading, avoiding whatever they would catch. Small things would kill them, Mary. I remember my sister was 7 when she came home saying her head hurt. Within the hour she had a fever, and by the end of the week she was gone. I always considered myself to be the abnormal one - I was the one who survived. I thought I had somehow beat it by being healthy and avoiding the sicknesses that took out the rest of my family, that by eating my vegetables and washing my hands and avoiding every sneeze and cough that I would somehow outrun this, but I'm starting to realize I can't."
"Are you feeling ill then? Have you caught something? Did I give you something?" Mary jumped back and examined herself. She had been careless. She hadn't washed her hands often when she made their food, she didn't think about how she handled her coughing or sneezing. Mary looked at herself in horror.
"Not exactly, Mary. My mom said I was gifted that my immune system was better than everyone in the house, but I knew it was only a matter of time before it started to deteriorate, and now it's starting to go down fast. I spend a lot of my time sleeping. At first it was to make sure I was at the prime of health, but now it seems I sleep because I can't get enough energy to get out of bed in the morning."
Mary exhaled slowly. "Why did you wait so long to tell me? I needed to prepare things, I would've washed your sheets twice, and made sure I was careful what I cooked." She rambled.
Thomas shook his head. "It's hard to try to explain to someone you're falling in love with that you won't be around to grow old with them."
"Should I get some different groceries? Maybe I can find you some vitamins and we can build up your immune system again..."
Thomas grabbed her shoulders and tried to not laugh. It took a minute before what he said really sunk in with Mary.
"You... love me?"
"Yes, I do." He smiled. "I was so afraid to get too attached, but it's hard to stay away from you. You have a very magnetic personality, Mary. I didn't want you to get attached though because I've known for a while that I wouldn't have much time left, but I guess I've just been delaying the inevitable."

Mary opened her mouth to say something when Thomas' phone went off. He answered it quickly and Mary lost her train of thought.
"The Inn is done." Thomas said after hanging up. "The builders want us there to check it out." He grinned at her and called a taxi, but there was something very unsettling in Mary's stomach. She faked a smile and followed him out to the cab.

The taxi ride was quiet. Thomas seemed happy and relieved about his confession while Mary felt uneasy as she stared at the drivers' seat from behind.
Soon they arrived at the Inn, and while Mary was thrilled, all she could think about was her worries for Thomas. She had a lot to process, but the Inn needing someone to tend to would help her take her mind off of things.

She was in love with Thomas, but how long would she have with him before she lost him?

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
« Reply #366 on: February 13, 2014, 07:05:08 AM »
I'd like to say that that is a beautiful villa! I can't wait to see the inside. (wait, this isn't prebuilt, is it? Sorry I don't have Barnacle Bay) I hope some kind of miracle happens. But I'm fine with Thomas like that too. I'm expecting a nooboo for that case, which I think, is also not possible. Anyway, I'm contradicting myself. *Waits patiently for another update. *cough
At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #367 on: February 13, 2014, 07:32:36 AM »
A tragic love story.  Fitting given that this legacy was started by Agnes and Tragic, but poor Mary!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #368 on: February 13, 2014, 08:41:37 AM »
So Thomas . . . loves her . . . but he's dying . . . but he loves her . . . so everything is going to be okay, right? He'll last longer. He and Mary are so good together, he knows her pasts, and she knows him as one of her best friends. And . . . why do I sense another tearjerker?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Emotional Confrontation
« Reply #369 on: February 13, 2014, 02:45:39 PM »
I'd like to say that that is a beautiful villa! I can't wait to see the inside. (wait, this isn't prebuilt, is it? Sorry I don't have Barnacle Bay) I hope some kind of miracle happens. But I'm fine with Thomas like that too. I'm expecting a nooboo for that case, which I think, is also not possible. Anyway, I'm contradicting myself. *Waits patiently for another update. *cough
It's not a part of the town - thank you! I built it myself. I've been hardcore going after colonial/Victorian looks for houses. Obviously I only know a few ways to do it but I appreciate the kindness of my still-box-shaped designs. I will say a miracle happens, but I won't say how, and it's not what you think it is (oh gosh I just want to tell someone so bad! haha). As for the nooboo, I go back and forth on that one, but don't get your hopes up too high. Also, you don't have to wait too long for an update! I'm back in full swing really!

A tragic love story.  Fitting given that this legacy was started by Agnes and Tragic, but poor Mary!
Haha, interesting point of view, I like it! Mary is strong, I get the feeling she'll get through this, and I may have a surprise in there too, but I'm not telling.  ::)

So Thomas . . . loves her . . . but he's dying . . . but he loves her . . . so everything is going to be okay, right? He'll last longer. He and Mary are so good together, he knows her pasts, and she knows him as one of her best friends. And . . . why do I sense another tearjerker?
Haha can't promise anything to you dear, except maybe a few tears every now and then... ;D
I can promise you that I will have a miracle happen, but it's just not what everyone thinks it is.
Heh, I really can't wait for that chapter.

Emotional Confrontation
Mary immediately threw herself into work, putting ads out for positions immediately. After a few interviews she felt satisfied with the few people she had chosen.

Morgan ran the bar, she dressed a little scandalous, but it brought in the customers. At first Mary felt unsure about the dress she wore, but soon found Morgan to be very capable of handling her own, so Mary let go of her doubts.

Andrew ran the front desk, he had a charming wit and a sly smile. He booked the Inn full within the first day of work, and while Thomas was skeptical of him, Mary's interest was firmly somewhere else. Though neither one of them had brought up the "L" word since the night Thomas confessed. Mary was still far too confused and taken aback by the sudden situation of everything while Thomas felt nervous that Mary never originally returned the sentiment after he confessed. They both stood at the edge of a figurative cliff, waiting for the other to make the first jump.
Thomas had been decorating each of the six rooms they had available. Normally Mary would've agreed to help, but she felt her taste in decoration lacked greatly.

While Thomas finished up, Mary sat down at the bar for a quick drink. The tension she had been feeling between her and Thomas was really beginning to pull a strain on her nerves.

It wasn't the most flavorful drink, but the buzz was enough to sooth her anxiety. It wasn't long before Thomas came clamoring down the stairs happily.
"We need to celebrate!" He called out to her, meanwhile Mary tried her best to just breathe normally.

They ended up running across the road to a dive bar that seemed completely deserted. Mary glanced back and fourth wondering where the bartender even was.

"Come'on, I'll beat you at Foosball." Thomas teased, and for a moment Mary smiled normally. It was fun to be around Thomas, and she had almost forgotten that.
"Show me how to play again, please?" She asked as he set the table up.

They began to play and the bar began to come to life. After the bartender arrived, so did a drunken sailor. He was singing loudly and off-tune. Mary couldn't hold back a laugh as she shared a look with Thomas over the Foosball table. The smile was immediately quieted when a police officer came in and began to question the drunkard.
Mary had never seen an actual police man here, she thought they were almost non-existent with the government being so lacks here.
"Word has it you're causing trouble among some of our wealthier community, son." The police officer said to the man.
Then it hit Mary, of course the wealthy would own the police - it was just like back home for her in a way that felt more unsettling than she remembered.
"Nah, nah! You got it all-" He hiccuped, swayed and caught his balance. "Wrong." He paused as he put down his drink. "I didn't do that, it was my good ol' buddy Eddie!" He laughed a drunken laugh - the one where no one seems to understand what is so funny.

Mary perked up at the name she heard, but the police officer didn't seem to be buying the drunk's story.
"Uh-huh, and what's this guy look like?"
The drunk laughed the drunken laugh again, "hah, hah-hah, he's got a REALLY long beard! It's like, so long and curly and stuff." The drunk hiccuped and laughed at himself while touching his chin. Mary's heart dropped into her gut. "He also-o wears a band-an-na-an-na-an." The drunk found himself so hilarious that he doubled over and laughed.
"Mhm," The officer said with fake belief. "So, where can I find this 'Eddie?'"
"Well - uh -" Hiccups. "He used to work for the fire department and stuff. Now he's a free spirit! Like a bird! Caw! Caw!"
"That's enough son." The police officer cuffed the guy.
"Hey, what-er" Hiccups again. "Doing?"
"You're going to sober up and we'll try this again later."
"Hey, you can't do that!" The drunk waved his free arm around. "I'm a citizen!"
"Uh-huh. We'll see how much you remember tomorrow, buddy."
After the policeman escorted the drunk out everyone in the bar continued to laugh loudly as they talked about what a scene that was.
Everyone except Mary.
"Mary, are you ok? You look a little pale." Thomas said coming over by her side, she had stopped playing the game long ago as she listened to their conversation with a growing heaviness.
"I've got to go, Thomas, but I'll... I'll see you at home, ok?" Mary said quickly as she swallowed hard. Her throat had suddenly become very dry.
"Is everything ok?"
"I'll... tell you about it later!" Mary took off out of the bar and straight for her brother.

Mary peeked into his home and realized he wasn't there, but spotted him going into the building next door.
"Edward!" She called out to him, waving her arms, but he had already disappeared into the building.
She barged into the building and looked around, spotting Edward moving towards the back. She ran up behind him and gave him a firm shove. "What the heck is going on here?!" She shouted.
Edward turned quickly, his fist ready to slam into whoever gave him such a violent shove but he calmed when he saw his sister.
"What in the name of watcher was that for?!" He said, doing his best to not raise his voice at her.
"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!" Mary's voice raised automatically as her anger bubbled up. "HOW THE HECK HAVE YOU GOTTEN IN TROUBLE WITH POLICE ALREADY?!

Edward's face went from calm recognition to angry. Mary often only saw his face get that angry with other people and not with her. "What are you talking about?" He said with a low fury.
"How do you NOT KNOW what I'm talking about?" Mary sneered.
"Watch it, sis! What are you even talking about?!" Edward's voice was bubbling with anger as it raised to a louder volume.

Edwards anger snapped Mary out of it for a moment, she quieted and eased.
"What in the world is going on here?" Edward asked again and it became clear to Mary where she was - in the fire department. He was at his job. The drunk had been wrong, at least, it wasn't her Edward he seemed to be talking about.
She froze and finally owned up to it. "Sorry Ed, I didn't mean to come at you. I just overheard some drunk going on about an "Eddie" who used to work at the fire-department was causing problems for the wealthier of the society and causing the police to come take a look."

"Oh, that's why you were mad?" Edward asked while looking down. "Because... uh... that's true." Edward gave her a slightly sly smile.
"It's what?" Mary's tone darkened.
"It's not just any wealthy family, Mary." Edward said sharply, he looked over his shoulder quickly.

His grin only widened, and he pulled Mary closer to whisper to her.

"No, no, it's not just any wealthy family at all," Edward paused as his face turned to something unreadable. "It's Ruben."
Mary's face fell as she thought about this.
"After all this time, running and hiding from his own wife, after putting a bullet in the back of our father... he can't run any longer." Edward said darkly. "I'm not letting him get away with it any longer. His time is up."
"Edward, you've got to be joking." Mary said suddenly, pulling back. "I really thought you had your life cleaned up. When mom called and told me you got a job... and then later that you even got a steady girl - I thought for sure you'd leave Isla Paradiso behind like everyone else did, but instead you brought your anger and resentment here!" Mary threw her hands up.
"Our father was murdered in cold blood by a man who pretended to be his friend. This is betrayal on so many levels, how can I POSSIBLY leave that behind?! Huh?! How can I just forget the fact that that man got away, and now he's here? Should I just become neighbors with the guy?! Yeah, why don't I just become chummy with the bloke after he broke Mylee's heart and destroyed our family! Great idea!"
"Watcher Edward! Revenge is a fool's errand!" Mary called, she put her hand to her head. "You're going to throw your life away for what? History! This isn't going to bring Noten back Edward! He's DEAD Edward, and he wouldn't want you to throw away your life on a man hunt in his honor! That's not how he raised you."
"Why do you use his name huh? He was your father too... don't you care about that?"
"I didn't even know the man, Edward!" Mary stood back and steadied herself. She exhaled hard. "I hardly qualify to use terms like 'father' or even 'dad.' As far as I know he doesn't even know about me! I'm just the kid mom had after he passed. The kid who was born on the night that everything went wrong."
Edward didn't respond.
Mary took in his silence for a moment before she turned and left. She didn't have any more she wanted to say to him, and it appears he had nothing to say to her either.

It was growing darker and Thomas waited at home, his worry for Mary growing.
He felt himself growing more and more tired, so he finally broke down and made some leftovers for himself to eat before he grew too tired to even feed himself.

Mary had stumbled in shortly after he started. "Mary, I'm glad you're home. I was beginning to worry." Thomas said calmly, when Mary didn't respond he stood up and approached her. "What happened?"

Surprisingly Mary broke down into tears as she tried her best to explain the events of that night.
"I just... I don't understand." Mary shakily sputtered. It was entirely out of character for her to be so worked up over events, especially those pertaining to Noten, she had always reasoned that she didn't know him enough to be sad over his death. She never cried because of the loss that she reasoned she never felt and here she was blubbering onto Thomas' shoulder about things she never let herself believe bothered her.
"Some people like to seek justice for those they love, Mary, it's not that strange." Thomas said calmly.
"He's throwing his life away because of it..."
"Why does that bother you Mary?" Thomas questioned. "Really and honestly, ask yourself why."
Mary's lower lip trembled as she looked away for a moment. "Because my life has been spent watching everyone mourn a man I never met. Because my birthdays were constant reminders of the person who was supposed to be my father, and how he wasn't anymore. Because I never felt the love of a father and sometimes I doubt he would've loved me anyways. Because maybe... if I hadn't been born, he might not be dead and no one in my family would be miserable."
"You know that logically that doesn't add up, right?" Thomas said gently. While it seems like his words were a harsh statement, logic and reason is what Mary stood by.
"I know, and I can tell myself so, but it's still there." She said as she shook. "It doesn't matter how many times I tell myself what's logical. It doesn't listen."
"That's what emotions do." Thomas said softly. "They don't always listen to reason."
"Doubt isn't emotional." Mary stated quickly.
"No, but doubt stems from emotions you're unsure of. You miss your father, but you keep telling yourself that you can't miss someone you've never met."
"It's logically impossible."
"But it's not." He grabbed her shoulders and looked at her. "You've lost someone that you would have loved unconditionally, so your mind is trying to reason with why you feel this way and why you lost him."
Mary took in his words and let out a shaky breath. "I think I need to get some sleep. My head hurts." She mumbled.
Thomas only nodded and they parted.
They both slept in separate rooms as usual. Thomas fell asleep immediately, his body needing to recover after the day's events, while Mary tossed and turned like the information that swarmed her mind.

Tonight had either been an epiphany for Mary, or the start of a downward spiral.
Though she wasn't entirely sure which.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #370 on: February 13, 2014, 11:05:11 PM »
Od, Edward.  That's why we love you.  It's fun watching Mary play mama bird to her big brother.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #371 on: February 14, 2014, 12:40:35 AM »
Finally caught up! I stopped staying updated sometime when the family was in Monte Vista, so I had a bit to read. Gawd. Between Emrin's struggle with how society treats the mentally ill (something that hits close to home!) and her stunning relationship with Glitch to the amazing dystopian Isla Paradiso, it is fantastic and now I want to see more of what Edward is going to do and how Mary will cope with a dying husband.

In short, this is a wonderful dynasty and the more you post, the happier I am.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #372 on: February 14, 2014, 08:34:54 PM »

Ah, this update really rings true for me. I hope Edward doesn't get himself killed, and that Mary finally works up the nerve to tell Thomas how she feels while there's still time. Go get him, girlie! Another wonderful update; looking forward to see where you go from here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #373 on: February 19, 2014, 04:51:06 PM »
The resort is lovely, I like how it looks kind of colonial/prirate-ish, without being overly done. Edward . . . I hope he can see through his grief and see that what he thinks is the right solution, isn't. Now I can't wait for the chapter you hinted at!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Short Announcement!
« Reply #374 on: February 26, 2014, 12:59:17 PM »
Short Little Announcement
Sorry for the long delay in my story, I'm having some technical issues with the file. Originally I had just taken a minor break to get my mojo back and have my story be as good as ever, but now that I've come back to the file I'm having some minor (but annoying) issues. Mainly, Sims are disappearing and it's driving me nuts. I've actually had to start 2 different saves just to combat these issues which only seem to happen in Barnacle Bay. While this is distressing to me, I'm still trying to find a way to work these disappearances into the story and make it seem real enough, but I'm not entirely sure if I can. At first, when he wasn't a part of the household, Thomas disappeared. He was standing on the beach with Mary when I saved, then I exited my game. When I got back on that save, Thomas was gone, Mary reset back home and Thomas disappeared from her relationship panel. His house was empty and things just got really messed up for my story line, so I started a new file and sped through the first few days to catch up with my story here (moving Thomas in though, so he wouldn't suddenly vanish again). Now the bug has hit Edward and I just don't think I can afford to lose him too, as he's a great character and an asset to my story as well as the plot line I'm trying to get through. He disappeared from Relationship Panels, his house is now owned by someone else and in the Family Tree he shows up as a blank blue square. Any and all help would be appreciated. I have opened a discussion on the Misc. Help Thread here, but I'm also coming up with ways to work this into the story, so if there are no solutions, I may have to just wing it! Wish me luck!

anything