Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941640 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #990 on: October 03, 2010, 06:16:01 AM »
@samoht:

The trick to making friends is the Charisma skill, in my opinion.  All of my immortals and heirs have maxed it so far.  I haven't even tried to get my 3rd generation any best friends yet because I've had them start dying in the other two generations and had to make some adjustments.  By the time she gets midway through her Adult life phase, she'll be able to make best friends practically with an introduction.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #991 on: October 03, 2010, 06:27:29 AM »
Yeah, that is why I left Charisma open for all because just getting that challenge of meet so many people and jump straight to friend is so much easier.  :) I think I will restart now.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #992 on: October 03, 2010, 07:04:41 AM »
Samoht, consider fishing earlier in dynasty since you'll need a lot of deathfish till you get to the 5th generation.
You don't need charisma to get friends. Just time, patient and strategy:) As you can get from a stranger to a husband/wife in one day, it will not be too hard to have 6 best friends in few Sim weeks. Get acquaintances first, chat whenever you can, invite them in or out, throw a few parties and soon they'll be best friends. And with LTR Never Dull and attractive, it is even easier. You can choose friendly of good trait for more option while communicating, but it is not a problem even without that. Medical is very time consuming carrier, and martial arts heir can be in athletic carrier to take advantage of athletic skill he/she will gain anyway. But after seeing that even 5 children in beginning of a dynasty didn't break the game, you'll be fine, just don't give up and keep a track of your progress. Cooking and culinary carrier will give you a lot of opps so don't miss them ;).

Good luck!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #993 on: October 03, 2010, 07:20:57 AM »
True, fishing is critical, but it doesn't have to be done by an immortal.  My founder's husband did all the fishing, then his daughter Indigo took it up (she was mortal).  Between them and the Omni Plant that the founder grows, I have about 75 Deathfish in inventory.  Both fishermen are dead now, too, but it won't be a problem.  My founder also grows Vampire Fish on the Omni Plants for garden fertilizer. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #994 on: October 03, 2010, 09:01:21 AM »
I have Chris to do the early fishing, I then hope to go on vacation when Gen 2 reaches YA and get a chest for the family to put their Ambrosia Ingredients. So far Diana has two friends and it hasn't been four days yet! She is friends with Kaylyn Langerak and Miraj Alvi, both of whom are younger and should be around in time. Even though they have been down to $0 for about two days they are scraping along okay, those plants on that fishing spot across the road provide a nice extra bit of cash.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #995 on: October 03, 2010, 09:08:53 AM »
Don't forget to salvage at the junkyard, too.  There's lots of money and stuff to be had.  My first generation lived on junkyard furniture for a good while.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #996 on: October 03, 2010, 09:18:11 AM »
Ahh yes, I forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me Pam! Diana needs something to do, she only has a garden and a Culinary book!  :D Diana didn't even come with a gardeing book, I thought Green Thumb's came with a free book? Or am I wrong?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #997 on: October 03, 2010, 09:55:55 AM »
Samoht, you mentioned that Diana was getting hardly any opportunities.  I've had several self-employed sims, and that has been a problem for all of them.  Two things I've done are to have them take part in community events, like the Amateur Olympics and the Eating Contest; and with my painter, I had him work in a rabbit-hole job for a week to get a couple of opportunities, then he quit.  If you're starting with a gardener, you might consider having her work as a scientist for a little while.  Her gardening skill will stand her in good stead there, and then you shouldn't have to worry about opportunities later.

Also, for making friends, two of my Immortals/Immortals-to-be have the charisma skill, and two don't have any charisma.  It helps a lot, but in my experience, if you have the Observant and Never Dull LTRs, you can make friends very quickly without charisma.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #998 on: October 03, 2010, 10:02:14 AM »
So far Diana has had a few Opportunities pop up, for pomergranets and plums... very useful!  :D I see what you mean about the Rabbit hole jobs, maybe I should consider the Culinary career and get the fridge? It will give Diana something to do as well.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #999 on: October 03, 2010, 10:06:50 AM »
The Culinary career is a great one - as you say, there's that super fridge, and my cook has had way more opportunities than she needed.  Also, it's easier for sims in jobs to make friends, as they can socialize at work.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1000 on: October 03, 2010, 10:18:07 AM »
Ahh yes, I forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me Pam! Diana needs something to do, she only has a garden and a Culinary book!  :D Diana didn't even come with a gardeing book, I thought Green Thumb's came with a free book? Or am I wrong?

Your Sims used to come with one or two books related to their traits, but that was back at the beginning.  Electronic Arts changed it and your Sims no longer come with books at the start of the game.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1001 on: October 03, 2010, 11:46:17 AM »
I have a quick question.
If by any chance your seventh immortal turns out to be a boy does that mean the challenge is automatically ended.
I know the cheat for getting a girl but was just wondering what the rules are if by some chance it didn't work.
Would you have to wait for the boy to die then try again for a girl. I am assuming that you would have to have a male heir for generation six remarry to make this possible.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

brenden

« Reply #1002 on: October 03, 2010, 11:49:11 AM »
I have a quick question.
If by any chance your seventh immortal turns out to be a boy does that mean the challenge is automatically ended.
I know the cheat for getting a girl but was just wondering what the rules are if by some chance it didn't work.
Would you have to wait for the boy to die then try again for a girl. I am assuming that you would have to have a male heir for generation six remarry to make this possible.

Rachel

To my understanding you have to have a girl by eating the corresponding fruit. If you don't your dynasty comes to a end.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1003 on: October 03, 2010, 11:58:42 AM »
I have a quick question.

That's correct. To my knowledge Pam has never been let down with always getting her billions of girls by the mothers eating truckloads of watermelon. I suppose there's always a slim chance, but I'm not allowing cheats to enter the picture to remedy that misfortune. So, if this does happen to someone, hey, I'm sorry. It could happen to me as well. And yes, I'd be quite ticked. But, restarting from a previous save or using a cheat just doesn't work because then you truly did not make it on your own.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1004 on: October 03, 2010, 12:00:39 PM »
To my understanding you have to have a girl by eating the corresponding fruit. If you don't your dynasty comes to a end.

wow that would be gut wrenching to get that far into the dynasty and game over.
Here's hoping no boys in the seventh generation and no surprise twins.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything