Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 1532329 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10000 on: September 01, 2014, 03:20:15 PM »
My founder has somehow lost a trait. I've looked behind the couch and I found it (it was Artistic), so I was wondering if I can return it to her and how I go about doing so.

Thank you, Dek

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10001 on: September 01, 2014, 03:35:30 PM »
Dek-

1) Open the cheats panel (Control + Shift + C) type testingcheatsenabled true, then hit Enter.
2) Left click on the problem sim to choose the sim.
3) Now right click on the sim, you should see the option "modify traits", click on that
4) This will open up the sims trait panel, you should have 4 traits and 1 empty trait.  From the list pick "artistic" add it back on.
5) Hit accept / done.
6) Open the cheats panel (Control + Shift + C) type testingcheatsenabled false, then hit Enter.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10002 on: September 01, 2014, 03:51:57 PM »
Thanks Nutella.

Offline isilweth

• Nooboo
« Reply #10003 on: September 01, 2014, 04:03:45 PM »
I'm back regarding the age stuck Bot Fan child in town. She did not age up with a cake. I went back into the parallel file & tried some testing.

Here's what I discovered: Now that she's been caked, she will age up immediately when she changes her own form to "organic". There is no way to do this outside the household. Reset Sim doesn't change her; a potent cure elixer does nothing; She's too young for an age of instant elixer; Personality elixer (to get rid of Bot Fan) will kick in only after she goes organic (like the birthday cake); She cannot be given a makeover ("cannot make over transformed Sims"); Shift-click & trigger age transition on testing cheats enabled - again nothing.

Permission to leave her be for now? Is it okay to bring her into the household (and fix her) later? EDIT: I mean bring her into the household later and fix her right away  when I do.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10004 on: September 01, 2014, 08:16:50 PM »
Can you ignore the age stuck bot fan child in town and NOT bring her into the household?

Offline isilweth

• Nooboo
« Reply #10005 on: September 01, 2014, 08:33:56 PM »
Yes, I can ignore her and not bring her into the house. Thank you, Nutella. :)

Curveball

« Reply #10006 on: September 06, 2014, 03:07:22 PM »
Whew, this is a long long thread, and not searchable. I only got to page 20, so sorry if this has already been asked... Can you move in sims that aren't your future spouse? More specifically, move in a helper during Gen 1? I know you can't move them out and they have to die on the lot, and it's not outright forbidden in the rules, but I figured I'd ask...

Edit: also, do we roll for traits of the children or can we choose them if we have the opportunity?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #10007 on: September 06, 2014, 03:13:01 PM »
Yes, you can move in any sim you want. The big restriction is that you can't move them out, which you are right about. :)

You can choose traits, though if you want to randomly roll them, be my guest.

For reference, the later pages of the thread are much, much more relevant than the earlier ones.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty / Defunded

Curveball

« Reply #10008 on: September 09, 2014, 07:13:09 AM »
Okay, so this just happened completely autonomously, but a pet saved a non-immortal from death. I even forgot that was possible. Is it fair game or do I now isolate the sim in question in the basement to repair the spacetime continuum and never ever allow it to happen again?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10009 on: September 09, 2014, 07:51:33 AM »
This might be bad news, I'm afraid your dynasty is no longer HOF eligible.  Let me check with one other moderator about this and will let you know as soon as possible.

Curveball

« Reply #10010 on: September 09, 2014, 08:06:39 AM »
Aw, that would suck, but I get the reasoning behind that.

If it matters at all, I saved and quit right after Grim left, so I can just stick the guy into a locked room with a fridge and a toilet and he won't affect anything just as if he'd died. He was sculpting my elder's ice sculpture as he passed on :D

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #10011 on: September 09, 2014, 11:19:23 AM »
That's not really something you can control, so maybe that'd be allowed.

Curveball

« Reply #10012 on: September 09, 2014, 11:37:53 AM »
You can actually cancel the beg interaction pets do (or whatever it's called). I would have, had I remembered, but I was already in the "must now get the next sculpting person to the sculpting bench, stat!" mindset so I didn't even consider the pet.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #10013 on: September 09, 2014, 04:36:59 PM »
That's not really something you can control, so maybe that'd be allowed.
I actually think it's been allowed in the past; I remember it coming up when Pets first came out.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #10014 on: September 09, 2014, 05:50:46 PM »
We're allowing you to continue with your dynasty as usual, Curveball. :) Just keep an eye on those sneaky pets from now on!

Curveball

« Reply #10015 on: September 09, 2014, 05:54:56 PM »
Aww thanks! I'll keep a close watch on them from now on. Just to be sure - do I isolate the offending sim until death comes the second time or is he allowed to live out his days fully participating in stuff?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #10016 on: September 09, 2014, 06:13:07 PM »
He can do whatever you want him to do, really. Death should come knocking again soon. ;)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10017 on: September 11, 2014, 02:42:45 AM »
He can do whatever you want him to do, really. Death should come knocking again soon. ;)

In the case of the Grammars, he came for Victoria Andrews, then Beau Andrews and then Gobias. He collected one of them, then had a day off, then returned for the next one, then had another day off, then came for the last of them. So in the space of a week, my household almost halved, and I had to press gang one of the Gen 2ers to do the portrait, sculpture and photo for the founder's eldership, as I didn't want to run the risk of Grimm coming very early for her.

I wondered for a few moments if I should leave out tea and crumpets for his visit two days after that, then realised that would be my founder he'd be coming for, so I ate all the crumpets that would have otherwise been left for Grimm.

The crumpets were tasty, in case anyone was wondering. :D

So yes, Grimm sometimes keeps coming back for more. At least now, Grimm won't be bothering my family until my four teens become elders.

Curveball

« Reply #10018 on: September 11, 2014, 07:16:10 PM »
Just a quick question - does 'travel banned until 2nd generation is  YA' rule mean that the heir of Gen 2 has to be YA or that all Gen 2 kids have to be YA before any travel happens?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #10019 on: September 11, 2014, 07:55:45 PM »
Just the heir has to be an young adult or older.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10020 on: September 12, 2014, 11:12:41 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but I can't find the dynasty tips thread. 
Cynthia

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10021 on: September 12, 2014, 11:35:49 AM »

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10022 on: September 16, 2014, 09:03:23 AM »
Well, I'm further through one of these than I've ever been. Gen 2 is 14 days away from Adult (with all toddler, child, teen and ya pieces completed) and Gen 3 is at first day of being a toddler (with all toddler pieces completed).

It seems the laptop is behaving somewhat nicely for me with Sims 3.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #10023 on: September 16, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »
:D

Not much else to say to that. Congrats!

Offline Affie

• Nooboo
« Reply #10024 on: September 17, 2014, 10:47:23 PM »
Hello! I'm interested in doing an official attempt at the Immortal Dynasty and I have a question regarding a mod. I know that game-altering mods are not allowed because they may give an unfair advantage, but things like custom hair and skin tones have been ruled okay. Currently, I run Consort's 'Age' mod in my game which is technically a mod but to my knowledge all it does is alter the Sim's appearance as they age. It allows them to appear to age more gradually with the slow addition of gray hair, wrinkles, and liver sports rather than suddenly becoming elder. Would this be allowed?

anything