Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977826 times)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10020 on: September 12, 2014, 11:12:41 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but I can't find the dynasty tips thread. 
Cynthia

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10021 on: September 12, 2014, 11:35:49 AM »

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10022 on: September 16, 2014, 09:03:23 AM »
Well, I'm further through one of these than I've ever been. Gen 2 is 14 days away from Adult (with all toddler, child, teen and ya pieces completed) and Gen 3 is at first day of being a toddler (with all toddler pieces completed).

It seems the laptop is behaving somewhat nicely for me with Sims 3.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10023 on: September 16, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »
:D

Not much else to say to that. Congrats!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Affie

• Nooboo
« Reply #10024 on: September 17, 2014, 10:47:23 PM »
Hello! I'm interested in doing an official attempt at the Immortal Dynasty and I have a question regarding a mod. I know that game-altering mods are not allowed because they may give an unfair advantage, but things like custom hair and skin tones have been ruled okay. Currently, I run Consort's 'Age' mod in my game which is technically a mod but to my knowledge all it does is alter the Sim's appearance as they age. It allows them to appear to age more gradually with the slow addition of gray hair, wrinkles, and liver sports rather than suddenly becoming elder. Would this be allowed?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10025 on: September 18, 2014, 07:43:53 AM »
No mods means no mods, unless someone else on the team is willing to make a concession.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #10026 on: September 18, 2014, 08:46:48 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Affie.  The Consort Age mod is technically a mod, it updates the adults and elders every night to simulate an aging process.  I know it does not seem like it affects gameplay, but it is in the game and runs every sim night. 

If you want your story to belong in our hall of fame, I'm afraid I have to agree with Trip, no mods.  However you are welcome to play your dynasty any ways you want (with mods) if you aren't aiming for hall of fame. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Affie

• Nooboo
« Reply #10027 on: September 18, 2014, 09:31:15 AM »
Thanks for the Welcome. :) Glad to hear the Hall of Fame is still going even with the Sims 4.

Thanks for the quick answer, too! I'm going to remove the mod as I'm shooting for the Hall of Fame. I just wanted to double check before I took it out. I normally play a heavily modded game, but I think playing a 'Vanilla' game for a change is going to be fun. I'm excited. :)

Edit: I have a second question.  Does the Immortal have to have a child specifically before eating Ambrosia? I didn't see an heir requirement in the list of things a Sim has to do before consuming Ambrosia, and part of my strategy would be a male founder who has his heir after eating Ambrosia. (So he can focus on all of his skills and challenges before dealing with being a parent.) Elder males can father a child at any point in time, so I'm assuming this would work. Would this be acceptable as far as the rules go?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10028 on: September 18, 2014, 09:58:30 AM »
Male immortals can have their ambrosia before having an heir. I can think of at least three dynasties where it happened.

Offline Affie

• Nooboo
« Reply #10029 on: September 18, 2014, 11:06:10 AM »
Male immortals can have their ambrosia before having an heir. I can think of at least three dynasties where it happened.

Thanks very much! :)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #10030 on: September 20, 2014, 02:04:36 PM »
Hi, guys, this is a quick question. I made clones of two female sims who lived in full households in the hopes that my sims could try for baby with them (full house+clone=clone kicked out into wild/their own household was my basic thinking). Now that I've made the clones, it looks like they're in a massive household with many other EA spawned townies and can't have kids. Is there a way to change/fix this? I really don't want those families' genes dying off yet. Thanks.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10031 on: September 20, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
Did you do this with the Clone Drone elixir? I can't think of a way to get them out of that household (it's the Service NPC household and I've never seen a sim leave it).

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #10032 on: September 20, 2014, 02:25:04 PM »
Yeah, I did it with the elixir; don't have room in the household for actual clones. Aw, man, well, there goes that plan.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #10033 on: September 20, 2014, 02:37:40 PM »
It's ok, that was a really good idea. If only it worked  :'(

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #10034 on: September 20, 2014, 02:45:07 PM »
I know *sniffles* those families have such awesome genes. Guess I gotta hope that someone gets bitten or suddenly changes into a fairy.