Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2970647 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10170 on: December 09, 2014, 08:35:28 PM »
Yes you may.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #10171 on: December 21, 2014, 11:30:53 AM »
My immortal dynasty file seems to be bugged. The 'View my sim' option just zooms in on wherever you are. Resetsim* doesn't work, although I wasn't really expecting it to.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10172 on: December 21, 2014, 11:52:19 AM »
@Rikki8528 Go back to a previous save and see if that fixes it.

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #10173 on: December 22, 2014, 02:59:32 AM »
That fixed it, thank you.

Offline Lizzycakecool

• 100% sim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You got this.
« Reply #10174 on: January 05, 2015, 03:26:20 AM »
I don't know if I have missed this, but can the 6 best friends be in the family?
Everyone wants happiness
No one wants pain
But you cant have a rainbow
Without a bit of rain!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10175 on: January 05, 2015, 03:52:44 AM »
I don't know if I have missed this, but can the 6 best friends be in the family?

Yes they can be. Just remember that best friends of one immortal can't be best friends of another immortal eg Immortal A has spouse and heir (Immortal B) as 2 qualifying best friends. Immortal B can have Immortal A as qualifying best friend but not Immortal A's Spouse (as that one was already used by Immortal A as a qualifying best friend).

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10176 on: January 05, 2015, 04:36:27 AM »
Is it still possible to get HoF for a Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty now that Sims 4 is out?  :-\ My gaming laptop died early last year & I haven't been able to play Sims 3 since. (This computer won't run it).  :( I plan on getting a new gaming laptop soon, if all goes well & I'd love to try for HoF if dynasties are still eligible for it. Can someone let me know? I would appreciate that.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10177 on: January 05, 2015, 09:58:54 AM »
I still update the Hall of Fame whens someone completes a dynasty, or at least try to. TS4 being out doesn't affect that.

This is a good reminder that I actually did forget to enter someone in and should do that. Oops!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #10178 on: January 05, 2015, 06:32:01 PM »
This is a good reminder that I actually did forget to enter someone in and should do that. Oops!

Thanks & glad I could help!  :P

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10179 on: January 08, 2015, 07:54:43 PM »
Hi, I just tried to click on your link to d/l the Sim Selector and got a popup saying that there was an extremely "critical update to flashplayer." This turned out to be a very bad file. It is not flash at all, but some other virus/trojan or whatever. I had to do a system restore to get rid of it. You may want to look into your link and correct it. Thanks!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10180 on: January 08, 2015, 08:41:09 PM »
That's bizarre. The link is to the mod on Mod The Sims. Perhaps you clicked a bad ad?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #10181 on: January 08, 2015, 08:42:27 PM »
I agree Trip. I just went through the process and it was normal. No problem when I unzipped it. If there was a trojan or virus Norton would  have shut it down fast.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10182 on: January 10, 2015, 02:01:54 AM »
I'm just now starting this challenge or trying to anyway. Without going through all 405+ pages of this thread, could somebody please explain to me why the following restrictions are restricted? I just got SN very recently.

1. Getting a tattoo.
2. Getting a makeover. However, the Stylist career is not off limits, so you're free to give makeovers to other non household Sims. Just be honest and avoid giving makeovers to any Sim where their longer life from the makeover would be a benefit to your Dynasty.

4. Getting plastic surgery.
5. The mud bath feature of the Steam-It-Up Sauna.

7. Drinking soy milk from the Farm Fresh Folk set.
8. Keeping special seeds in the personal inventory.

I've done makeovers before I got SN; is it possible to makeover a sim into an alternate lifestate? Is it the same w/Plastic surgery or what about the tatoos? The others I don't totally understand. What does the soy milk do? What does the special seeds do? Most of the special seeds I've seen so far are just money trees or life plants or flame fruits, ect.... The might be plasma fruit one too. What is the "mud bath" feature? The only thing I find remotely related to that is the Volcanic Clay Bath and the Mud Facial. What do they do? Thanks!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #10183 on: January 10, 2015, 02:09:33 AM »
All of those add at least a day to the current life stage (which is life extension, thereby prohibited), except for the special seeds.  If you have a special seed of a death flower, it has been working just like having the death flower in your inventory which is reserved just for your Immortals to prevent accidental death AFTER Ambrosia.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10184 on: January 10, 2015, 02:24:23 AM »
Hi Sonshine,
Even though Shewolf13 has posted while I was typing, I'm going to still post my answer as well.

In general,  1, 2, 4, 5 and 7 can either return your sim to the start of the current life stage or take some days off your life (I don't know for sure which is which). This gives you extra days to achieve your requirements which isn't permitted. Specifically on the individual items.

1 You can have a tattoo on your sim at the start of the game though, give them one while in create a sim.
2 Basically if you put your sim in the Stylist career, give sims who you are not likely to want to use in your dynasty the makeovers (so avoid giving them to sims who you may want to put in your household or who you are wanting to be best friends for your targeted immortals.

5 The Steam-It-Up Sauna is a piece of premium content that you can give mud baths with. This is a different item to the Volcanic Clay Bath and the Mud Facial in the Spa Rabbithole around town. You can use all the options available from the Spa Rabbithole, however.

7 Cows from the milking station premium content can give different kinds of milk depending on what you feed them. Normal milk, chocolate milk and soy milk are the types I know. Soy milk adds extra days of life to sim by reducing their age, so that's why you are unable to give it to non-immortal sims.

8 It was recently discovered that if you are carrying unknown special seeds in the personal inventory of a sim and they die either of old age or one of the other death types that if any of those unknown special seeds are a death flower seed that Grim will take the seed away and permit your sim to continue living. So, if you do collect unknown special seeds, after your sim picks them up, you can drag them from your sim's inventory and put them on your home lot. If you can get something that stores items (bug collectors cabinet or either of the two elixir cabinets are my favourites for this) you can drag them directly to the storage cabinet to store them securely. Alternatively, if you have a basement or flat roof that no one can get to, you can put the special seeds in either of those places.

Hope my explanation helps and please ask if you have any further questions, Sonshine. :)