Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971384 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10440 on: November 20, 2016, 03:14:34 AM »
@Trip: I've not used it for a while either.  From memory, it works like any other special opportunity.  The Sim retains the ability to restore ghosts afterwards, for a hefty fee (the first one is free), but I'm pretty sure the opportunity slot clears.  I'll check and get back to you.

Edit: just tried this in a parallel file.  I'm not sure whether it's a recent patch or a bug (the game in general is pretty glitchy and the particular Sim who got the op is the worst of the lot) but it didn't cancel after restoring the ghost.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10441 on: November 20, 2016, 01:35:08 PM »
@hazelnut: Then I'm just going to leave it as "not a valid op". I have no idea if it's new or not, but it's not like EA's gonna fix it! :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #10442 on: November 20, 2016, 04:21:01 PM »
Also, does 'Enroll in University' count as an op?  It appears in the career op slot.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10443 on: November 21, 2016, 06:37:51 AM »
@hazelnut: Yes it does. Use it wisely!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10445 on: November 21, 2016, 08:22:38 PM »
11/21/2016: The rules about the Oh My Ghost op have been rewritten to be less...contradictory.

Complete 6 Opportunities no other immortal has completed (BlackOps). These can be Career, School/Scavenger Hunt, Skill, Special, and Celebrity Opportunities. Note: Immortals can have overlap in their opportunities that they do, as long as they have accomplished 6 unique ones. Opportunities that come in a string — i.e. the Omni Plant chain — all qualify as separate opportunities with different titles. Opportunities with the same name canot be counted twice — i.e. the various Learn a Recipe opportunities. Travel adventures cannot qualify towards BlackOps (but the Free Vacation opportunity is okay) and you cannot complete the Oh My Ghost! opportunity

is now:

Complete 6 Opportunities no other immortal has completed (BlackOps). These can be Career, School/Scavenger Hunt, Skill, Special, and Celebrity Opportunities. Note: Immortals can have overlap in their opportunities that they do, as long as they have accomplished 6 unique ones. Opportunities that come in a string — i.e. the Omni Plant chain — all qualify as separate opportunities with different titles. Opportunities with the same name cannot be counted twice — i.e. the various Learn a Recipe opportunities. Travel adventures cannot qualify towards BlackOps (but the Free Vacation opportunity is okay) and neither can Oh My Ghost (does not complete correctly).

Just like travel adventures, you can still do Oh My Ghost. The rule about it being legal only for pre-made ghosts still stands.

Offline NK-P

• Nooboo
« Reply #10446 on: November 22, 2016, 08:10:25 PM »
@Trip - Thanks for answering my question! I actually have a second. When I launch my game, it prevents me from playing until I insert the Island Paradise disc, which I can't do since I installed the game through Origin. In this case, am I allowed to use the NRaas NoCD mod, because I can't play at all without it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10447 on: November 22, 2016, 11:39:21 PM »
@NK-P: How is your base game installed? I'm not saying no to using the mod. I just want to see if this is an issue we can work around in other ways.

Offline NK-P

• Nooboo
« Reply #10448 on: November 23, 2016, 12:16:02 PM »
@Trip: I installed my base game through Origin, if that's what you mean.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10449 on: November 23, 2016, 12:39:40 PM »
@NK-P: You answered my question, so it's all good.

I'll sign off on use of the mod. Only because such a setup shouldn't be causing issues. I have a mixture of used disks and Origin EPs, but my base game and IP (most recent pack I own too) are both digital and everything works fine.

If I come across another fix, I'll forward it to you though. :)

Offline MyLadyVixen

• Nooboo
« Reply #10450 on: November 27, 2016, 05:39:03 PM »
I've been caught up in RL events a lot of late, I'm glad the Sims 3 challenges are still being followed up on. I was looking forward to another attempt at one. Are there any more stories people have started?

Offline farbe

• Nooboo
« Reply #10451 on: December 03, 2016, 10:29:59 PM »
I'm trying to complete skill challenges for riding and it seems the horse best friend challenge is bugged.  My sim is best friends with the horse he has right now and has been best friends with seven others, but the "Horse Best Friends" counter in the skill journal says he has zero horse best friends.  He has completed all other challenges for the riding skill.  Can anyone who has supermaxed riding confirm whether this is a bugged challenge?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10452 on: December 04, 2016, 10:54:29 AM »
@farbe: I've never heard of that bug! Can you get a screenshot of your sim's friends panel plus the buggy skill journal? I believe you but I also want some proof. Bureaucracy is fun. :P

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #10453 on: December 09, 2016, 05:02:30 PM »
Hello! Old old member back with a question. I'm on the verge of failing my attempt because my founder hasn't got enough opportunities. She just turned elder and only has three which are the omni plant chain which took a long time to complete. She has the gardening career maxed and supermaxed gardening with a few other points in cooking and fishing. Is there any hope of triggering more opportunities in time or is there virtually no hope for three more before she dies?
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10454 on: December 09, 2016, 10:19:24 PM »
@alex51299: First, do you have ITF installed or not? Because I would be careful with using backup opportunities because of the ITF skill op bugs. And I have no idea what other ops you have installed.

But anyways...

1. Have a stint as a Private Investigator, as the PI jobs count as career ops. You only need to do two and it can still leave plenty of room for another heir to do the job.

2. If your second generation is a young adult, make use of your university welcome kit/buy one and trigger the "Go to University" op (it's a special op and counts). If you take that option, your founder could and should go into science/medicine, as that major sometimes triggers career ops of its own. But please check every op because a lot of University ops are "social" and don't count.

3. Look around town for community events like Neighborhood Grill-a-Thon, as those take up the special op slot.

4. Join a rabbithole career that isn't planned for another immortal. As a bonus, she'll have something to do after immortality with it.

I can't say anything's guaranteed, even with those, but it's all worth a shot. Break a leg!

anything