Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 1255263 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Oh, she wanna creep like ivy?
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10550 on: January 02, 2018, 09:03:39 AM »
@Sarabi: sorry for the delay.

Continue with caking up. I trust your notes. :)

Some elders just don't like dying and I have had eternally bugged ones (thankfully not in the household though). Unless it's affecting a vast majority of the town or your own household (and is reeeeaaaally beyond the point of believability; elders can stick around for 130+ days and it's not really a bug or anything to intervene with)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Cruising the Danube, Amsterdam=>Budapest Dec 2018
« Reply #10551 on: January 08, 2018, 10:26:56 PM »
@Deklitch: you don't need to have the sim active or have them even answer their phone.
Didn't think so, Trip, thanks.

So, My Blues founder is not getting Ops from the Business Career, nor from Skills. His supermax skill was Science, and he's also maxed Logic (for which I have received ops from in the past). He got one/two opportunities from his maxed career (Ghost Hunting - Spooky Props and I think one other).

My Blues Gen 2 is in High School, and she completed 2 or 3 (stinky bugs and I think the delivery to city hall) school opportunities as well as the 'Olympics' one.

I have also had Aggie in the household, she is still alive, but she hasn't been offered any opportunities for skills. She hasn't had a job.

Miss Piggy in my Domination Dynasty has received 3 opportunities related to photography and all three have required her to travel to complete them. Kermit has also had a photography based opportunity needing travel to complete.

My Blues founder is currently 3 days away from his elderhood ...

Done a search on this issue, and came across the following: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/784293/the-phone-skill-opportunity-bug

It seems that it is related to the ITF bug, even if you don't have ITF installed, but that it is also related to Uni Life. (I don't have ITF installed, but I do have Uni Life installed).

Edited to Add:
I THINK I have possibly worked out the issue. I am running some tests to see if my suspicions are correct. If they are, user error is partly (possibly 80%) to blame.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10552 on: January 09, 2018, 05:40:05 PM »
Sorry for double post, but it seems my suspicion was correct, and user error was to blame for some of the issues I was having with opportunities. I closed out of laptop, cleaned caches and logged in, same issues with games. So then I looked at options, and remembered about repair the game, and so did that. I then went in and began a new game. Low and behold, Aggie got a painting opportunity on the third day. In recent times I had become obsessive about brain enhancing machines and multitabs to skill both mortals and targeted immortals. Often to level 10. At the same time, I didn't have acquaintances outside the family. Which meant my skills were too high for most opps to be offered or I didn't have someone who needed things, or both. My SIM this time is doing painting which he is learning through painting. So, I will see how that goes.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10553 on: January 10, 2018, 05:06:35 PM »
Deepest apologies for the triple post, however ...

My Sm has just gone to his 2nd day of work and he received a skill opportunity - it was the Street Art Opportunity called 'Commissioned Street Art' and it has taken his opportunity slot for skill opportunities.

So it is looking like the game needed the 'repair' function done to it. But still, I have to trial the Blue and/or the Citrus family to see how they are going now.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10554 on: January 13, 2018, 10:02:23 PM »
I have found that it is really important to go out and meet townfolk to get skill opportunities. I've had problems getting opportunities for instruments skills because I use the subway too much. Playing out and about town solves it.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10555 on: January 14, 2018, 06:00:48 PM »
Oh thanks for that KRae, that would explain why Holly Alto and Agnes Crumplebottom are getting skill opportunities

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10556 on: January 15, 2018, 04:35:40 PM »
@KRae: I never thought of that. :O

@Deklitch: Thanks for experimenting (since I was fresh out of tips)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10557 on: January 15, 2018, 09:34:09 PM »
I've decided to continue on with Blues and Citrus families and see if they can't get through.

Gen 1 Blues has just completed his 3rd Opportunity. Science was his supermax, he's also maxed Logic
Gen 2 Blues is in high school. Her Supermax is going to be writing, which I'll be starting her on seriously as YA
---
Gen 1 Citrus is immortal.
Gen 2 Citrus is sculpting supermax, not sure about his Opportunities.
Gen 3 Citrus is toddler.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #10558 on: January 29, 2018, 12:26:19 PM »
@Sarabi: sorry for the delay.

Continue with caking up. I trust your notes. :)

@Trip

I appreciate it.

Do you want me to cake them up on the correct birthday always or at my convenience?  If I don't cake them up, they get an extra day each of YA and Adult stages.  That hasn't been to my benefit.  I usually have everything done well ahead of schedule, and am waiting for my heirs to become elders to get their final portraits done.  The mortals are just hanging around.  Those extra days don't advantage me at all...

... however...

Caking them up disrupts the entire household and has them eating birthday cake instead of a quality moodlet-inducing meal that I would otherwise feed them.  A lot of the time, I'd rather just let the game age them up.

So - the clarification I'm requesting here is whether you want me to cake up on the correct birthday always or at my convenience?

Thanks.

Some elders just don't like dying and I have had eternally bugged ones (thankfully not in the household though). Unless it's affecting a vast majority of the town or your own household (and is reeeeaaaally beyond the point of believability; elders can stick around for 130+ days and it's not really a bug or anything to intervene with)

Well - I'm 25 weeks in and still get messages about some that were there from the beginning (newspaper deliverer Cora Francisco).  The sims affected tend to be the service NPCs (surprise, surprise!).  Another was a cop named Kenisha Gentry that we met during a burglary that occurred in week 9.  They're likely homeless, only in the game because my family befriended them, and don't really exist anywhere in town so Grimmy cannot find them.  I would expect that if I were to invite them over when the midnight message pops, Grimmy would find them at my house - lol.

Their existence in my save file isn't causing any real problems.  I'm still getting plenty of new families moving in.  If that changes, I'll let you know, otherwise I'll carry on.

I have had a couple of other bugs pop up lately.
1) The bed bug again, where only one sim could get in a double bed.  I replaced it, and a couple of days later, neither of them could get in it.  So I replaced it again - it's working for now.
2) The laundry bug - when a sim is doing laundry, she'll sometimes just suddenly drop the laundry bag she's gathered and the action is cancelled.  I queue it again, she may drop it again, walk a ways and then drop it, or actually get it started.  I could try replacing the washer to see if that fixes the problem, but then I'll want to upgrade the replacement.

Thanks again.

@Deklitch - I'm really glad you got that all worked out.  I've also learned from your experiences, so I'm glad you've been posting about it here.  Best of luck going forward.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10559 on: January 30, 2018, 04:47:39 PM »
Aggie in my Alto's Lament ID has just been offered a sculpting opportunity - personal sculpting, I think it was called.

Founder Zachary in that one supermaxed street art/is maxing art appraiser - acquisitions branch career - has been offered the 'make street art anywhere around town' opportunity - 'side job - delivery' and 'side job - do street art' opportunities; the first one took up skill opportunity slot, other two took up career opportunity slot (so obviously completed one of them, then the next).

In the same one, Holly was offered the 'deliver 10 painting to business office' opportunity and bad old Nick was offered the 'deliver package to crime syndicate in China' opportunity from his new career as a criminal and future master of evil. He's also spent time in jail.

Vita has been offered the 'deliver watermelons' skill opportunity and the 'write political memoirs and deliver to work' career opportunity.

Poor Connor though hasn't been offered any opportunities - skill or career, though he left his original career and is fishing.

Oh and Generation 2 Yuri? He's still a nooboo - too young for opportunities :)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10560 on: February 04, 2018, 12:28:33 AM »
Further to my last post ...

In the Blues Family, Founder is finally getting opportunities, even a business one, still no skill opportunities though.

As I suggested I would, I have permitted him to take on celebrity opportunities - he has completed a further two of them, and also a business career opportunity. After he becomes immortal, he will continue to go to work and hopefully not turn anyone else into a celebrity. lol

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10561 on: February 04, 2018, 11:52:56 PM »
@Sarabi: I'm more concerned with being consistent. If letting them age up naturally is what you prefer, so be it.

Service NPCs are always aging weirdly and it's super unpredictable since they're not really in the world at all except for a few moments at a time. And I think dropping laundry is a universal bug because my sims always do that too.

@Deklitch: happy to hear about the progress and good luck with no celebrities. Lol.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10562 on: February 28, 2018, 12:57:39 AM »
Hmmm ... I hope what I've done since forever is ok and in keeping with this part of the ruleset:

The Edit Town screen is off limits with the following exceptions:
If your town library is missing the skill books, you may use Edit Town to place Book Corrals in the library.
Roaring Heights players can add deathfish spawners in the graveyard.
Anyone can place EA-created buildings and lots, but only EA-created buildings and lots are allowed.
The following lots are the only lots allowed to be placed from a vacation world into a homeworld:  Phoenix Martial Arts Academy,  The Scholar's Garden,  Champ Les Sims Nectary, Keith's Komics, B's Bowlarama, The Grotto and Roasted Toasted Beans Coffee Shop.
Subways may be placed in your town if you own the lot, or if it’s already on one of the premade bars/clubs that come with Late Night.
All changes to Edit Town must be done before your founder has purchased their property. New additions are only allowed if a new expansion has been released.
Private lots can be purchased and used but can never become the main residence.
Dive lots are not allowed to be placed in worlds that they don't come with.
For a more exhaustive analysis of what you can and cannot do in Edit Town then check out Rica's post.

In Sunset Valley, I change Recurve Strand and Sunnyside Strand to beaches at the start of the game.

Then when household has enough money, Gen 1 to be immortal purchases one of these two strands and puts down the Fortune teller caravan, arboretum, vault of antiquity and a subway on it. Then I go out of it which sees me automatically sell the lot and I can then purchase the caravan to meet the rabbit hole purchase requirement.

I think that's all within the spirit of that part of the rules, but I thought today hmmm, maybe it isn't.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10563 on: March 11, 2018, 07:45:20 PM »
I'm not a moderator but in the ruleset there is a link to a post of Ricalynn's on Edit town. This specifically states you can buy a property and put the Fortune Teller's Wagon on it through the community objects buy and if the arboretum and the other things are community objects it seems like it would be okay.

Also, I just started playing the Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty again and I had a helper adopt a child and I wanted the Heir to marry her but there are no romantic options.  Does the game assume they are somehow related and can't be romantic or is this a glitch?
Cynthia

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10564 on: March 14, 2018, 07:06:13 AM »
@Deklitch: @CynKuy is right. That is how I always interpreted the rules anyways. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10565 on: March 14, 2018, 08:30:59 AM »
Thanks Trip and Cynkuy, I suddenly became anxious over that for some reason.

Regarding the lack of romantic options:

Is the helper in any way related to the founder? brother/sister in law, father/mother in law, spouse, niece/nephew? Or in any way related to the heir?

Are they of the appropriate age group (both teens or both young adult or older)? I have found in the past that if they have engaged in playing tiggy, they can't then become romantically involved for some reason.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10566 on: March 14, 2018, 03:32:04 PM »
It was a glitch, later on it allowed romantic socials and they got married.  I was doing pretty good and the third generation was a teen when I fed the founder ambrosia on his last day and The Grim Reaper came but I had forgotten to put a death flower in his inventory so he died.  My next try didn't go well, Agnes had triplets.
Cynthia

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10567 on: March 15, 2018, 07:23:01 AM »
@Deklitch: so the thing about playing tag is a glitch with how the game registers the interaction as still happening even after you stop it (some interactions with the Architect and PI professions are the same btw!) But so far I have yet to see it persist after saving, exiting, and clearing caches. It's actually a perfectly legal exploit for making friends because until you exit, you do get automatic relationship gains even after you "stop" playing tag. Lol.

@CynKuy: glad it was just a glitch.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10568 on: March 18, 2018, 11:58:19 PM »
Are there still Hall of Fame entries?
Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10569 on: March 19, 2018, 06:58:10 AM »
Are there still Hall of Fame entries?

Meaning if you do the Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty will we put you in the Sims 3 Dynasty Hall of Fame? Of course! :)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10570 on: March 25, 2018, 06:56:56 PM »
My Agnes nee Crumplebottom has lived for 107 days and is causing strife in the household.  She thought her son was flirting with her and now he has the cheater reputation and his wife is always trying to fight with him.

Question: Do the Scavenger Hunt: Butterfly Bonanza and Scavenger Hunt:  Precious Metals count as different opportunities?  Also do the Deliver a Painting to France and Deliver a Painting to Egypt count as separate opportunities?
Cynthia

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10571 on: March 26, 2018, 07:56:05 AM »
Yes, they all count as different opportunities, because there is at least one word different in their names.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10572 on: March 26, 2018, 02:45:43 PM »
Okay thanks.
Cynthia

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10573 on: April 10, 2018, 09:10:17 PM »
This attempt was going quite well.  The sixth generation was a toddler when the fifth generation pro athlete took an opportunity called Frequent Fatigue.  I had a list that I usually check against but I just figured no one else was an athlete and it was safe to assume that it hadn't been used before.  Well, someone had used it so I failed.  It is a deep disappointment because it seemed to be going quite well but a careless mistake ruined it.  Anyway, since it is close to the end I think I'll continue with it unofficially, just to make sure the careers and skills are doable.   :'(
Cynthia

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10574 on: April 10, 2018, 10:17:49 PM »
Sad to hear that, @CynKuy . Just to make sure, the other immortal had it as one of their six qualifying opportunities? And they were immortal at that point in time? Just checking, because if it wasn't accepted as a qualifying opportunity by either immortal, the same opportunity can be completed by more than one targeted immortal. Provided the earlier immortal hasn't eaten the ambrosia for the first time, you can get another opportunity as a unique opportunity for the earlier immortal (and the new one).

I am sure that the earlier immortal probably has eaten ambrosia, but I wanted to put that out there in case they haven't. :)