Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977361 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1095 on: October 17, 2010, 08:22:25 AM »
I have a question about career and lifetime wish choices with regards to the challenge. Say my Sim supermaxes logic and completes the medical career path does that mean I cannot let another Sim complete the chess legend lifetime wish as I cannot max logic again.
Its going to take more planning then I first thought especially with careers and lifetime wishes that us the same skills and those that use up more then one skill.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1096 on: October 17, 2010, 08:31:10 AM »
I have a question about career and lifetime wish choices with regards to the challenge. Say my Sim supermaxes logic and completes the medical career path does that mean I cannot let another Sim complete the chess legend lifetime wish as I cannot max logic again.

Well, it depends on what Sim you're talking about. Immortal's spouses essentially have 0 restrictions. If your one immortal Sim SuperMaxes Logic and maxed the Medical career, then both of those things are off limits to another immortal for SuperMaxing/maxing. You might be able to have a Sim just do chess and finish that challenge without maxing the skill, so I suppose it's possible. But, I don't recommend it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1097 on: October 17, 2010, 10:37:49 AM »
Well, my Founder had the The Best Evaporating Dish Is A Clean One opportunity from work (she's in the Science career).
I'm not quite sure how I failed

I've had that opportunity a couple of times and I failed the first time too.  I'm not sure if this is what happened to you, but I had my sim wash the dishes, assuming she would wash them all, not realizing that she had only cleaned one and the rest of them were still in her inventory.  The next time I had that opportunity I had my sim wash each dish separately, and that time my sim was successful.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1098 on: October 17, 2010, 02:42:59 PM »
SimmerAtHeart, if your Sim was running late on job, that's why you failed, if you washed all dishes.

I have a question about photographers. What photos are OK and what are not? Family member collection, everyday moments, Sim in motion? I just took a pic of 2.generation and it's Remedy on a hot day, and it is worth around 400$ while my child is worth 90$. I know that it is not OK to take a pic in front of Dragon Cave and count it for museum but having Running Sim is fine. Can you be more specific about this please?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1099 on: October 17, 2010, 02:56:05 PM »
I have a question about photographers. What photos are OK and what are not? Family member collection, everyday moments, Sim in motion? I just took a pic of 2.generation and it's Remedy on a hot day, and it is worth around 400$ while my child is worth 90$. I know that it is not OK to take a pic in front of Dragon Cave and count it for museum but having Running Sim is fine. Can you be more specific about this please?

Sure. The camera needs to identify the Sims as a family member/child/spouse whatever.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1100 on: October 17, 2010, 03:15:23 PM »
Sure. The camera needs to identify the Sims as a family member/child/spouse whatever.

Except if the sim you're photographing has the running bug, as a couple of my Dynasty members have, any photo of them will show up as "Running", even if they're just reading or standing at an easel.  I found it impossible to get any photo of those two that wasn't called "Running".  Those  photos still count, right?  (holding my breath)  :P

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1101 on: October 17, 2010, 03:18:35 PM »
Except if the sim you're photographing has the running bug, as a couple of my Dynasty members have, any photo of them will show up as "Running", even if they're just reading or standing at an easel.  I found it impossible to get any photo of those two that wasn't called "Running".  Those  photos still count, right?  (holding my breath)  :P

Yeah, the running bug would certainly qualify as an exception. You may now exhale.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #1102 on: October 17, 2010, 04:52:30 PM »
Do the photographs in the best in class category like "Top chef" and "Supercop" count? I just need to be sure about this since I was thinking of using it as a strategy, even choosing some of the careers based on this.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1103 on: October 17, 2010, 05:10:42 PM »
I just checked, my founders photograph as elder is Top Chef, but is worth less than My spouse, taken when he was an adult.
That was one of the reasons I asked, since I find it almost impossible to get My spouse since he maxed Culinary carrier.  But photos are optional so I don't care too much if that one won't count at the end. It will be much of the success to reach the end of the challenge.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1104 on: October 17, 2010, 05:17:27 PM »
Do the photographs in the best in class category like "Top chef" and "Supercop" count? I just need to be sure about this since I was thinking of using it as a strategy, even choosing some of the careers based on this.

I honestly have no problem with that. As long as the subject is an immortal and is clearly the focus of the shot, then if the camera registers it as one of the Best in Class photos, that's fine.

SimmerAtHeart96

« Reply #1105 on: October 17, 2010, 06:32:08 PM »
It sounds like you did something wrong with the opportunity.  I don't recall that specific opportunity, so I can't say exactly what it requires you to do.  But if the game told you something like, "You didn't clean the dish" then I'd have to say that cannot count toward your 6 opportunities for this challenge.  The rules state that you have to complete the opportunities, and for some reason, you didn't satisfactorily complete this one for the game.  Sorry.
Thanks Pam. I hate taking that opportunity from my list,  :(, but hopefully another will pop up soon.

I've had that opportunity a couple of times and I failed the first time too.  I'm not sure if this is what happened to you, but I had my sim wash the dishes, assuming she would wash them all, not realizing that she had only cleaned one and the rest of them were still in her inventory.  The next time I had that opportunity I had my sim wash each dish separately, and that time my sim was successful.
Maybe I missed one, but I'm pretty certain she cleaned all of them. Oh well. I hope it pops up again, so I can try again! :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #1106 on: October 18, 2010, 12:45:56 AM »
Wow.

I just want to say that I've read this entire thread! Sure it took me almost a week, but I read it!

Also, on topic, after a month of serious thought, my second Dynasty is finishing up Sim week one or so. My first has stalled at my founder being a couple days from elderhood and it looks like he will not make the requirements for ambrosia, so I started another with a few changes.

I just wanted to add to the "trade kitchen secrets" interaction discussion waaaay back near the beginning. The conversation seemed to end on the note that this interaction is available with Sims with the Natural Cook trait. In my limited experience, it seems to be available with Sims that have a skill point in cooking, most likely at a higher level then the active Sim such that there are recipes available to be shared. I have not done any actual testing but I think I recall reading something similar on the internet somewhere (memory is vague). Anyway, not to drag up a dead topic, I just thought I'd put that out there.

So far, second attempt is going well with the changes appearing to make the difference.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1107 on: October 18, 2010, 04:13:45 AM »
Hi lilygirl.

You didn't say exactly what stalled your first Dynasty attempt, but I want to point out that you don't have to have your Ambrosia requirements complete at the moment your Sim turns Elder.  You can still work on them for as long as you can unless your Sim dies.  My founder, Carina, didn't get to eat Ambrosia until she was 83 days old, I think.  So, she was well into her Elder stage before she met all of the requirements.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #1108 on: October 18, 2010, 11:01:03 AM »
I understand that Pam, but it kept me up the night before last worrying so I knew I needed to change something.

From my calculations there is a very small possibility that my founder will meet all the requirements for Ambrosia before he is 90 days old. My biggest hang-up, other then a lack of cash, is that he is a self-employed fisherman that can't seem to catch any Robot, Vampire, or Death fish, therefore no real income. Right now he is at level 8 of his career and needs to sell something like 25,000 Simoleons worth of fish to reach level 9, and then I cringe at the amount of fish he will need to sell for level 10.

So I started over with the exact same character but changed his career from a SE Fisherman to the Culinary tract, and changed his second skill from gardening to cooking. So far (one Sim week in) things are going better. He is learning to cook at work and to fish on his days off while his spouse (same one as before), Elaine Joy, is painting, sculpting, and gardening.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1109 on: October 18, 2010, 02:58:54 PM »
Now that my Dynasty household is up to 8, there are a couple of things I'm wondering about. 

1. I've been avoiding travel because of the bugs (having already experienced one of them) but now that the household is full, is it safe to take a female travelling?  Since the household is full, she shouldn't be able to wind up with an unwanted child, right?  I'm assuming a male could still acquire an unexpected child as the child would stay with its mother in the foreign country.  Of course, I know there are other bugs that can occur during travel.

2.  I just reread the rules and didn't find anything about the Time Machine, which as we know can be another way of acquiring an unplanned child.  This may have been discussed at some point in this thread, but I can't remember and am not going to read the whole 100+ pages again!  Anyway, I've been avoiding time travel because of this issue, but again, now that the household is full, does that remove the risk of returning with a child?  If so, I may have my sims take up time travel as a pastime.