Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971754 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1140 on: October 23, 2010, 03:26:15 PM »
Hi my name is Erin & i'm sort of new to the forum. I've never done a challenge before but after reading the rules for this one it seemed like fun & i wanted to give it a go. I do have a question though, you see my Founder Harry married Agnus & eventually they fell pregnant with Generation 2 well to my surprise she had TRIPLETS!! Neither of them had the fertility treatment, watched kids tv or listened to kids music so it was a bit of a shock to get 3 girl babies!

My question is are there any rules to do with triplets or twins? Do they have to stay in the house until the spare two die? I tried looking through this thread for the answer but after reading 60 pages i just couldnt go on to read the rest.

Any help would be appreciated thanks  :)

Erin, welcome to the forum. The spare two triplets (non-immortals) will need to stay in the house and live a natural life with no speeding up their death from you.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #1141 on: October 23, 2010, 03:26:44 PM »
Hi my name is Erin & i'm sort of new to the forum. I've never done a challenge before but after reading the rules for this one it seemed like fun & i wanted to give it a go. I do have a question though, you see my Founder Harry married Agnus & eventually they fell pregnant with Generation 2 well to my surprise she had TRIPLETS!! Neither of them had the fertility treatment, watched kids tv or listened to kids music so it was a bit of a shock to get 3 girl babies!

My question is are there any rules to do with triplets or twins? Do they have to stay in the house until the spare two die? I tried looking through this thread for the answer but after reading 60 pages I just couldn't go on to read the rest.

Any help would be appreciated thanks  :)

Welcome to the forum eza_possom!  

Once someone has become a part of the Dynasty family, the only way for them to leave the household is to pass on.  So that means that the first born of your triplets is the next in line for becoming immortal and the other 2 must remain in the house until they meet up with Grim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline eza_possom

• Nooboo
« Reply #1142 on: October 23, 2010, 03:31:34 PM »
Oh ok, thanks everyone. I thought that might be the case but I just wanted to check. I'll definitely give it a go & see if I can get Harry to Immortal status while raising triplets but I've never actually had triplets before so it'll be a new experience for me & might be too hard for this early on in the challenge. I may start over but I'll see how it goes!

terraa

« Reply #1143 on: October 24, 2010, 08:35:28 PM »
Can you add me to the list please? It's my first challenge, but I'll try my best!(:

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1144 on: October 24, 2010, 09:42:25 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, terraa!

There's not a leaderboard list for this challenge.  It's open and ongoing, so just start it whenever you're ready.  We'll have a Hall of Fame for all players who complete the challenge all the way through without breaking any of the rules, but no time limit or competitive scoring.  Good luck!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #1145 on: October 25, 2010, 05:45:55 AM »
That the pictures and statues "are the sole items for your Immortals’ Museum" doesn't mean the area called the museum can't have other pictures and statues, right? Since the first spouse died I'm thinking of making the three missing spots from the founders toddler-teen items into spouse burial ground with urns and photos of them and I just want to be sure I'm not breaking rules somehow.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1146 on: October 25, 2010, 06:18:40 AM »
That the pictures and statues "are the sole items for your Immortals’ Museum" doesn't mean the area called the museum can't have other pictures and statues, right? Since the first spouse died I'm thinking of making the three missing spots from the founders toddler-teen items into spouse burial ground with urns and photos of them and I just want to be sure I'm not breaking rules somehow.

Yes, that's fine.  You can put whatever you want in the museum as long as you don't count its value when it's time to submit yourself to the Hall of Fame. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1147 on: October 25, 2010, 09:33:08 AM »
For those of you approaching generation #7 I strongly encourage you to backup your game file right before the 6th generation and his/her spouse Try For Baby. Assuming you do not screw up (like I just did in the Man Dynasty) and diligently eat the proper fruit and plenty of it to get a female for generation #7, if you end up with a boy instead, then I'm willing to make an exception and have you restart the file from the previous save to try again for a girl.

There's just no way I can allow someone to toss hundreds of hours of work down the drain and not get their name in the Dynasty Hall of Fame simply because the game decided to throw a curveball. And again, this exception is only given if you do everything necessary to get the girl.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1148 on: October 25, 2010, 01:49:02 PM »
For those of you approaching generation #7 I strongly encourage you to backup your game file right before the 6th generation and his/her spouse Try For Baby. Assuming you do not screw up (like I just did in the Man Dynasty) and diligently eat the proper fruit and plenty of it to get a female for generation #7, if you end up with a boy instead, then I'm willing to make an exception and have you restart the file from the previous save to try again for a girl.

There's just no way I can allow someone to toss hundreds of hours of work down the drain and not get their name in the Dynasty Hall of Fame simply because the game decided to throw a curveball. And again, this exception is only given if you do everything necessary to get the girl.

Thank you.  I'm definitely going to take your advice.  And lay in a large supply of watermelon.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1149 on: October 25, 2010, 05:47:14 PM »
Thanks for that information and I will be doing exactly that.  I was thinking the same thing not too long ago, about what would happen your sim had a boy instead of a girl.  Thanks again Metro.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1150 on: October 25, 2010, 09:19:21 PM »
And make her eat watermelon day and night starting with the moment of Try for Baby.  Not just three watermelon.  Not just six watermelon.  She needs to eat all the watermelon in the world!  And nothing but watermelon.  No meals for her!  Just watermelon!  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

lovinglife2010

« Reply #1151 on: October 26, 2010, 12:30:30 PM »
I'm bummed. I had my founder wife make a bunch of servings of ambrosia and stored them in the fridge.  My 2nd generation heir was just a day or two from becoming a young adult.  I was having her work on super maxing sculpting when I realized she was hungry. I paused the game really quick and went to look at my founder he had already made his way to the kitchen and ate something, the glow of ambrosia was floating between him and the fridge, there was a sinking suspicion that he had ate it, I checked his age, and sure enough he had some huge bummer going to have to restart my dynasty all over again, this would be my 4th time I think :( oh well I'll just take a little break from sims for a few days.

Natitude

« Reply #1152 on: October 26, 2010, 04:06:27 PM »
Hello from another forum-newbie!

I've been cruising the board these last couple of days (recent find although I'm an avid player of several years) and came upon this challenge just the other day. It sounds like fun and I'll be giving it a go, already have tons of ideas but there's one thing I'm wondering about - what if I want a gay sim to join the dynasty (as one of the immortals)? Does adoption count as a 'natural' conception in that instance or would that be a no-no?

Just curious really. I'm looking to change up my usual gameplay and thought maybe I could try it within the challenge if that's what I'll be playing for a while. :)

And sorry if that's been asked before. I must admit 117 pages seems a little daunting to read. *bag over head*

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1153 on: October 26, 2010, 04:11:46 PM »
I've been cruising the board these last couple of days (recent find although I'm an avid player of several years) and came upon this challenge just the other day. It sounds like fun and I'll be giving it a go, already have tons of ideas but there's one thing I'm wondering about - what if I want a gay sim to join the dynasty (as one of the immortals)? Does adoption count as a 'natural' conception in that instance or would that be a no-no?

Hi Natitude, and welcome to the forum!  The rules state:  "•All offspring must result from natural pregnancies of Sims living in the Dynasty house."  Adoption would mean bringing in a child from different parents, so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't qualify. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Natitude

« Reply #1154 on: October 26, 2010, 04:22:09 PM »
Hello, thanks and yeah, I figured as much.  :) A *bit* of a pity though, considering the times we live in but a game is a game is a game. ;)

Right, I'm off to start this thing up! I'll report back when I've gotten somewhere.  ;D