Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2970401 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1245 on: November 06, 2010, 09:40:52 PM »
Can I make my Dynasty in the same town as my other saved games? As long as they are on the correct lot? Being mindful of the required settings of course.

No, it has to be a brand new, completely unaltered new town.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #1246 on: November 07, 2010, 12:28:15 AM »
Ok I have taken the first step. I have put my Sim on her lot. I chose Twinbrook because that's the only town I haven't played yet. I'm already unclear on some things. I'm going to apologize in advance if I become a pain in the backside. I won't be sleeping tonight until I get this up and running properly. So...

I went to map view and I see Twinbrook already has the salon, laundry, consignment shop, firehouse, and, get this, 2 junkyards. I swear I didn't put it there. Is that supposed to be? And there's this place called The Red Rendezvous. What is that?

What is the book coral and how do I add it? Is there a particular place in the library it should go? How many do I get to put in?

So back to my lot. I'm supposed to put these items in my inventory. When am I supposed to do that? Anytime during play or immediately? I can't get the paintings till I do some building and add walls. I tried to drag it straight to my family inventory but couldn't. And the rules say to leave it in my inventory. What if I like the painting and want to put it in the house. Do I have to buy more or can I use them? Same with that sculpture. That big guy took put a dent in my funds. Whew 10k is a lot when you only have like 13k. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #1247 on: November 07, 2010, 12:54:35 AM »
Ok I have taken the first step. I have put my Sim on her lot. I chose Twinbrook because that's the only town I haven't played yet. I'm already unclear on some things. I'm going to apologize in advance if I become a pain in the backside. I won't be sleeping tonight until I get this up and running properly. So...

I went to map view and I see Twinbrook already has the salon, laundry, consignment shop, firehouse, and, get this, 2 junkyards. I swear I didn't put it there. Is that supposed to be? And there's this place called The Red Rendezvous. What is that?

What is the book coral and how do I add it? Is there a particular place in the library it should go? How many do I get to put in?

So back to my lot. I'm supposed to put these items in my inventory. When am I supposed to do that? Anytime during play or immediately? I can't get the paintings till I do some building and add walls. I tried to drag it straight to my family inventory but couldn't. And the rules say to leave it in my inventory. What if I like the painting and want to put it in the house. Do I have to buy more or can I use them? Same with that sculpture. That big guy took put a dent in my funds. Whew 10k is a lot when you only have like 13k. :D
Twinbrook of course has the Salon, Fire station, and all those other stuff, because it was the town shipped with Ambitions.

The Red Rendezvous is kind o like an early bar. It's a hangout, so it's a nice place for your sims to meen new people.

The Book Corral is a bookshelf the contains skill books, that are very helpful on the first weeks. The Twinbrook and Bridgeport libraries don't have them. You can place it by going:
Menu -> Edit Town -> Select the Library -> Build/Buy -> Build Mode -> Storage ->Bookshelves ->Book Corral -> Place it in the library ->Exit -> Back to game

The whole point of those things is to bring your family funds down to what they would be if you were playing in SV or RV. I suggest you buy a wall, put the painting on it, put it in your family inventory, and delete the wall. They must remain in your family inventory for the whole dynasty.

Hope this helps!
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1248 on: November 07, 2010, 01:25:01 AM »

Just to add to what Simstar said...

You have to buy the extra items as soon as you start the game.  It doesn't matter if you like the painting, you may never remove it from inventory.  You'll have to buy another one if you want to hang it on the wall.

You really only need one Book Corral, but there's no harm in adding more than one.  The Twinbrook library doesn't come with skill books for some odd reason, so the bookcase you're adding is just to get skill books into the library.

Twinbrook does have two junkyards.  It's just how the town was designed.

Just let us know if you have any other questions.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline klop90

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1249 on: November 07, 2010, 05:38:47 AM »
You may not marry a vampire is that correct I understand.
My question is if you want to marry a vampire and you cure him or her directly after you are married you have no advantage I think?
What do you think off this possibility?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1250 on: November 07, 2010, 05:53:27 AM »
I have not tested what happens after a sim being turned back to normal so for now there is no advantage that I know of, I am about to go and cure Hannah for the Guide.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1251 on: November 07, 2010, 07:23:26 AM »
You may not marry a vampire is that correct I understand.
My question is if you want to marry a vampire and you cure him or her directly after you are married you have no advantage I think?
What do you think off this possibility?

It's not a possibility. The rule has already been established. No household members can marry vampires or be turned by vampires.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #1252 on: November 07, 2010, 08:50:08 AM »
Speaking of undead sims, what is the rule on mummies? My gen 3 immortal just built a cursed sarcophagus of kings, something I haven't managed to do before and I'm curious about the mummy state. I suppose her spouse is out of the question simnce it would propably make his life a few days longer, but would it be okay to try it out on one of the immortals?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1253 on: November 07, 2010, 10:05:44 AM »
Speaking of undead sims, what is the rule on mummies? My gen 3 immortal just built a cursed sarcophagus of kings, something I haven't managed to do before and I'm curious about the mummy state. I suppose her spouse is out of the question simnce it would propably make his life a few days longer, but would it be okay to try it out on one of the immortals?

Ambrosia needs to be the only thing keeping your immortal "immortal." You still cannot alter lifespan in any other way for immortals or mortals, so becoming a mummy is out.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #1254 on: November 07, 2010, 10:48:58 AM »
I think I ran in a wall. I may have to start over.  :'( Can I get some help on the career rule?

At what point do the careers have to be unique? I gave my founder LTW Jack of all Trades (I like that one) not thinking about the career thing. Can the household, immortal or mortal have multiple career paths? What if they are fired? Does that end the challenge? What about that opportunity thing in the science/medical where they ask you if you want to change fields? I think military/law enforcement is the same way.

And with the lifetime rewards, are we only allowed to pick three throughout the challenge or is it that there must be three that the other immortals don't have? Is that one that changes LTW allowed? Is it limited to one time use?

Oh almost forgot, I know we have to do all the building from scratch. What is "no build/outdoors?" And you said custom content for sims is ok but does that include custom content objects (windows, paints, floors, furniture, etc.)?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1255 on: November 07, 2010, 11:04:41 AM »
I think I ran in a wall. I may have to start over.  :'( Can I get some help on the career rule?

At what point do the careers have to be unique?

They only have to be maxed careers that are unique. For example, you have immortal #1 get to level 9 in Medicine and quit and immortal #2 could max Medicine and immortal #2 would qualify for his unique maxed career because no one else had maxed it (just make sure no one maxes it in the future).

And with the lifetime rewards, are we only allowed to pick three throughout the challenge or is it that there must be three that the other immortals don't have?

It's just that 3 need to be unique. You're not limited to only having 3.

Is that one that changes LTW allowed?

Yes, Change Lifetime Wish is allowed for the whole household. Mid-Life Crisis is banned for immortals.

Oh almost forgot, I know we have to do all the building from scratch. What is "no build/outdoors?"

That means if you want to go with limited walls and basically live outdoors on your lot, that's okay too.

And you said custom content for sims is ok but does that include custom content objects (windows, paints, floors, furniture, etc.)?

Yes, as long as we're only talking about appearance things and not game-changing mods, that's fine. All CC is a use-at-your-own risk understanding.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #1256 on: November 07, 2010, 11:28:08 AM »
Thanks Metro. Have I driven you crazy yet?

That means if you want to go with limited walls and basically live outdoors on your lot, that's okay too.

I almost choked and spit out my coffee reading this I was cracking up so hard. I think that is exactly what I am going to do. That may even be screenshot worthy.  ;D

Glad I don't have to delete my Sim. *sniff sniff* I really worked hard on her and like a dummy I didn't save her. *sniff*

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1257 on: November 07, 2010, 11:34:34 AM »
Thanks Metro. Have I driven you crazy yet?

I do not hold you responsible for my craziness.

I almost choked and spit out my coffee reading this I was cracking up so hard. I think that is exactly what I am going to do. That may even be screenshot worthy.  ;D

I call it the "bear in the woods" living technique. It's really the simplest way to go at the outset. But, be forewarned—your chance of a meteor strike goes up significantly the longer you're outside. So, I highly recommend you putting a roof over your head eventually when money is not as much of an issue.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #1258 on: November 07, 2010, 11:56:23 AM »
Oh wow really? I haven't had the pleasure of the meteor hit yet. Thanks for the warning. Between you and me I wouldn't mind sacrificing a redo just to see it for the first time. Hopefully it won't come when I am too far along.

Rules allow adding bars, clubs, and lounges, but there is nothing about the backlot. Is that ok to add or is Twinbrook just excluded from that career path? I have looked and I don't see one already in that town. Is it there and I missed it?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1259 on: November 07, 2010, 12:41:26 PM »
Rules allow adding bars, clubs, and lounges, but there is nothing about the backlot. Is that ok to add or is Twinbrook just excluded from that career path? I have looked and I don't see one already in that town. Is it there and I missed it?

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me the complete lowdown on if the studio is available in new towns and if so, which ones. I have no problem with anyone adding the studio, but I need more info first so the edit will be accurate.