Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972316 times)

Offline Nilla

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1290 on: November 13, 2010, 03:55:04 AM »
I’m sorry it didn’t work out with the spouse PlatnumDymnd. An advice for next time I didn’t think of when starting myself is to check out the neighbourhood in advance and decide who it will be - then restart with your founder and have them go over to that person and make friends as soon as possible.

I somehow subconsciously keep checking for good spouse material even after needing it, so for anyone starting in Bridgeport I just saw that the pretty "blonde" (with black eyebrows) Matilda in the Art Central house is artistic with a little paint skill.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1291 on: November 13, 2010, 06:46:22 AM »
I agree you really do need to plan a spouse ahead of time. That way the spouse can get working on the painting skill as soon as possible.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1292 on: November 13, 2010, 06:56:14 AM »
Thank you. I really don't want players to go through major town renovations just to add those 2 careers from the studio. On the other hand, more options is always good. I'm on the fence with it. For now it's a no.

Well, glad I was starting over anyway.  I just found this post on not adding the studio and I had put one in my new dynasty.  I must have overlooked this post.  I thought I had read where we could add the studio.  In SV and RV, there are lots that they will fit on without moving things around or deleting them.  I have not been in TB forever.  Anyway, I am glad I was rereading these posts, now I will not add one in my new dynasty. :D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1293 on: November 13, 2010, 07:10:46 AM »
Well, glad I was starting over anyway.  I just found this post on not adding the studio and I had put one in my new dynasty.  I must have overlooked this post.  I thought I had read where we could add the studio.  In SV and RV, there are lots that they will fit on without moving things around or deleting them.  I have not been in TB forever.  Anyway, I am glad I was rereading these posts, now I will not add one in my new dynasty. :D

Yeah, Salty, you did see a post where I decided it was fine to add the studio, so ignore that older one.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1294 on: November 13, 2010, 07:13:10 AM »
Oh, ok.  Ya know how us 90 year olds get sometimes, blind and can't remember anything, lol.  Will be starting another dynasty soon.  I really hate starting over, but yours is going very well, so you know how it is. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

jaynine

« Reply #1295 on: November 13, 2010, 07:15:19 AM »
Ok so this forum thread is VERY long and I can't seem to search within it for the answer I need, so apologies if this had already been asked!
The rules state -
Each generation needs to use a computer to purchase one building and one property (2 separate ownerships). The property purchased by one generation must be fully upgraded before Ambrosia can be eaten.

What does the '2 separate ownerships mean? The founder owns one and their spouse the other? Or is it simply just 2 town lots?

I'm on my 2nd attempt and doing ok so far, but then I am only on 2nd generation!!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1296 on: November 13, 2010, 07:17:37 AM »
Oh, ok.  Ya know how us 90 year olds get sometimes, blind and can't remember anything, lol.  Will be starting another dynasty soon.  I really hate starting over, but yours is going very well, so you know how it is. :)

Thanks. I'm going to try and make one more Man Dynasty update before the family heads south to Florida next Saturday for a week to visit my wife's folks. I was lamenting to Pam about the reality that I don't think there's any way I can finish the Tournament Finale in time before we go. I have not even started. There's only so many hours in the day.

Good luck with your new attempt.

-----------

EDIT:

Ok so this forum thread is VERY long and I can't seem to search within it for the answer I need, so apologies if this had already been asked!
The rules state -
Each generation needs to use a computer to purchase one building and one property (2 separate ownerships). The property purchased by one generation must be fully upgraded before Ambrosia can be eaten.

What does the '2 separate ownerships mean? The founder owns one and their spouse the other? or is it simply just 2 town lots?

It just means that the ownerships are all unique. For example, your Founder purchases Building A and Property B. Then generation #2 would purchase Building C and Property D. I suppose the word "Separate" really is not even needed given you'd have to buy different real estate anyway. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #1297 on: November 13, 2010, 08:24:23 AM »
Well I feel better starting over now. I didn't see the ok to add the studio so I have been playing without it. I kept checking back but I must have missed it. I had picked my potential hubby. His name was Marshall Curious or something like that.We talked for hours. He was single and I thought... Listen to me with the 'we' stuff like I'm in there. I thought THEY hit it off. But when I went to call him, he wasn't in my call list. Then I went to find him in town and couldn't find him. So I had to move on to Wei and that didn't work. They weren't connecting fast enough. Then I found a sexy rocker guy and he was going to be the one. Then I zoom in for pictures to find he's a vampire! And now she's one day from her birthday and there's no way I can get it. I keep getting the move in social but not the propose. :( I was going to start a thread with my pics showing her relationship problems but there's no happily ever after so who cares? I was so bummed and I couldnt share because my internet was down all day.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1298 on: November 13, 2010, 08:37:53 AM »
I keep getting the move in social but not the propose.

The way the romantic socials progress and become available is a little tricky if you're not already aware of that. You need to jump through some hoops first: Confess Attraction > Ask to Go Steady > Propose Marriage. With each of these keep your eye on the reactions of your target in the top left screen. You want reactions like Very alluring, or Extremely Irresistible. Simply doing one romantic social is not going to give your target those kinds of intense reactions. You need to cue up 3 or 4 different romantic socials and see how it progresses.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #1299 on: November 13, 2010, 09:01:33 AM »
It's pretty sad really. I understand the social process. It just wasn't happening for me... Her. I got the "try for baby" but I wasn't trying to get pregnant BEFORE they come in the house. I think my sim may be a little hot in the pants to be allowing the woohoo interactoin before even the going steady and stuff.  ;D

I didn't see it in the rules but I think I saw it in this thread. They can't move in until they were married right? Like they can't live together before they get married. The only reason I was rushing the marriage was because I needed to get control to get them to do the portrait.

The next thing I'm going to change is her career. I think I lost a lot of time with her going to work. She will have to sell veggies or something for money this time.

I may still post the story. I'm still on the fence.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1300 on: November 13, 2010, 09:22:54 AM »
I didn't see it in the rules but I think I saw it in this thread. They can't move in until they were married right?

Right. It is in the rules actually. The only household members allowed are immortals and their spouses and offspring and their spouses.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #1301 on: November 13, 2010, 10:00:13 AM »
Right, right, right. Doh! And I think it was in a message that you also said it. Like I tell my son. 'How many times do I have tell you..."  ::)

So this time round I'm just gonna get right into finding a spouse. Hey can I marry, move in spouse so I can get my portrait done in time, then divorce them and kick them out when I find the one I really want to marry? He he.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1302 on: November 13, 2010, 10:34:33 AM »
Hey can I marry, move in spouse so I can get my portrait done in time, then divorce them and kick them out when I find the one I really want to marry? He he.

Nope. All spouses must live a full life and die without assistance from you. If your Founder's first spouse dies, then your he/she could remarry.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1303 on: November 13, 2010, 10:41:25 AM »
All spouses must live a full life in the house.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #1304 on: November 13, 2010, 10:59:23 AM »
I figured as much. Just thought I would ask.  ;) I guess this will start off like my grandparents marriage. Except I hope to keep them in the same bedroom.

At first I was going to play out my Sim's last day. But I think I'm just going to let it go. I think I will post the story. Shouldn't let my photo shots go to waste right?

anything