Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2976178 times)

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1665 on: January 01, 2011, 02:12:30 PM »
Okay, thank you very much!

Saw that other people detailed plans for people to prod and poke for problems, so:

- Using Riverview, because I prefer it. ^^
- Only got 10 skills to juggle so using Charisma and Fishing as the "anybody" skills; Charisma is useful for everybody, especially when trying to grab spouses, and fishing gives the immortals something to do when they're off work and doing bugger all - I plan to have all eight immortals with the Angler trait just for this purpose. :P
- First Immortal will be Culinary, with max cooking - Spouse will probably be Billy Caspian (Artistic and gives you +20k to begin). Billy will do the pictures for now, and plant the lifefruit needed. First Immortal will also fish up the beginning Deathfish needed, and cook Ambrosia for everybody. She'll also get a replicator so that I don't have to worry so much about getting ingredients for Ambrosia.
- Second Immortal will be a Forensic Scientist, getting level 9 in Logic and supermaxing Painting.
- Third Immortal will be an Astronaut, level 9 Athletics and maxing Handiness. And maxing Fishing. Upgrade the house, and sit fishing for the 6 days out of 7 they're doing bugger all.
- Fourth Immortal will be a Doctor, level 9 in Logic and supermaxing ...Writing. Because Doctors are even easier to get promotions with Bookworm, and they'll have Genius anyway - and I find Bookworm and Genius make epic Sci-Fi Stories. :D
- Fifth Immortal will be in Business, maxing Gardening and Charisma. Workaholic & Neurotic so as to hold zillions of meetings to keep them occupied.
- Sixth Immortal will be a Master Thief, maxing Athletics. Because I like the Thief career track. :D
- Seventh Immortal will be a Spy, maxing Logic and level 9ing Athletics.
- Eighth Immortal will be a Rock Star, maxing Guitar.

Thoughts? I'm a little worried about the Guitar skill - I've never really done the Parties much, and having read up on the Guitar skill, I'm worried I'll not be able to Supermax it with the current bug to one of the skill challenges. Any recommendations for it?

Edit: after thinking about it, changed Hit Movie to Spy, and changed Politician to Rock Star - Rockstar will get only Guitar skill until finishing all the skill opportunities he needs to.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1666 on: January 01, 2011, 02:20:28 PM »
- Eighth Immortal will be a Politician, maxing Charisma and Guitar. I love Guitar. Makes you so many friends. So they'll be able to get all the donations they need, campaign-wise.

Thoughts? I'm a little worried about the Guitar skill - I've never really done the Parties much, and having read up on the Guitar skill, I'm worried I'll not be able to Supermax it with the current bug to one of the skill challenges. Any recommendations for it?

I would not recommend that combo — guitar and charisma simply because you'll be flooded with Charisma ops and have great difficulty SuperMaxing Guitar. You might consider a Rock Star/Guitar combo OR just a straight Political/Charisma combo. Or do the Political/Charisma/Guitar combo, but make Charisma the SuperMax.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1667 on: January 01, 2011, 02:24:17 PM »
I would not recommend that combo — guitar and charisma simply because you'll be flooded with Charisma ops and have great difficulty SuperMaxing Guitar. You might consider a Rock Star/Guitar combo OR just a straight Political/Charisma combo. Or do the Political/Charisma/Guitar combo, but make Charisma the SuperMax.

Yeah, on second thoughts I switched a few things around to get a Spy and a Rockstar rather than a Composer and a Politician. Thanks for the confirmation though! ^^

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #1668 on: January 01, 2011, 02:28:34 PM »
Hi! I was just wondering something. In a dynasty, are immortals allowed to max skills that will be other immortals SuperMax skills, as long as they don't finish the skill journal challenges?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1669 on: January 01, 2011, 02:39:17 PM »
Hi! I was just wondering something. In a dynasty, are immortals allowed to max skills that will be other immortals SuperMax skills, as long as they don't finish the skill journal challenges?

No. A SuperMax skill is obviously a maxed skill as well. That maxed skill must be unique to the immortal. So, if immortal A has Charisma as their SuperMax skill, then Immortal B cannot max Charisma too. They can push Charisma to 9 and it would still be unique for immortal A.

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #1670 on: January 01, 2011, 02:42:50 PM »
Okay, that's what I thought, but I didn't want to end my dynasty attempt with a mistake like that. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1671 on: January 01, 2011, 04:18:10 PM »
Another question...

- I'm rather picky about portraits. If I've managed to finish a portrait of an Immortal at Young Adult, but then afterwards finish a second one of her as a young adult, would that be allowed? Or would I have to use the first one?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1672 on: January 01, 2011, 04:34:50 PM »
'nother question...

- I'm rather picky about portraits. If I've managed to finish a portrait of an Immortal at Young Adult, but then afterwards finish a second one of her as a young adult, would that be allowed? Or would I have to use the first one?

Castaras, the rules state
Once placed in the museum, paintings cannot be replaced with new paintings of the same immortal. 

You can do as many portraits as you want during a given age range, but once the chosen portrait is in the museum, that's it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1673 on: January 01, 2011, 04:36:07 PM »
Castaras, the rules state
You can do as many portraits as you want during a given age range, but once the chosen portrait is in the museum, that's it.

Right, that's what I needed confirming. Thanks! :D

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1674 on: January 01, 2011, 04:36:51 PM »
'nother question...

Placing anything in the museum (portraits, ice sculptures, and photographs) is a one-way street, so if you want to make a choice from several items, make sure to keep them in inventory or just hang them elsewhere until you make your final decision. But, be careful! Don't forget to place those items before an immortal ages up or it will be too late.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1675 on: January 01, 2011, 04:48:23 PM »
Placing anything in the museum (portraits, ice sculptures, and photographs) is a one-way street, so if you want to make a choice from several items, make sure to keep them in inventory or just hang them elsewhere until you make your final decision. But, be careful! Don't forget to place those items before an immortal ages up or it will be too late.

Wait, so do you have to have made your museum area and put the portrait for a particular lifestage in the museum *before* the immortal ages up, or can you put one in while the immortal is the lifestage above? (aka, if the painting is still in progress for young adult after the immortal has aged to adult)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1676 on: January 01, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »
Wait, so do you have to have made your museum area and put the portrait for a particular lifestage in the museum *before* the immortal ages up, or can you put one in while the immortal is the lifestage above? (aka, if the painting is still in progress for young adult after the immortal has aged to adult)

Any museum item for a given stage needs to be done and placed by the time an immortal ages up to the next stage.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1677 on: January 01, 2011, 05:07:18 PM »
Any museum item for a given stage needs to be done and placed by the time an immortal ages up to the next stage.

Aww nuts, better make my museum now then... Thanks! :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1678 on: January 01, 2011, 05:45:44 PM »
Aww nuts, better make my museum now then... Thanks! :)

Well, don't misunderstand me... you can always remodel the museum later to accomodate more growth, etc and you can temporarily relocate pieces while you remodel. It's just that the pieces themselves have those limitations.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1679 on: January 01, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »
Well, don't misunderstand me... you can always remodel the museum later to accomodate more growth, etc and you can temporarily relocate pieces while you remodel. It's just that the pieces themselves have those limitations.

Aha, okies. Thanks, makes things a bit easier. ^^