Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972490 times)

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1770 on: January 16, 2011, 12:50:07 PM »
Thanks Metro for the quick response! I'm worried because one of my sim's best friends is Gunther Goth and he is elder already... So if he dies but my sim hasn't eaten ambrosia yet I don't have to replace him? My sim, right now, has 6 best friends.
Just got the 'Death of Michael Jackson' moodlet, applies for 14 days, -200 mood

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1771 on: January 16, 2011, 12:59:38 PM »
Thanks Metro for the quick response! I'm worried because one of my sim's best friends is Gunther Goth and he is elder already... So if he dies but my sim hasn't eaten ambrosia yet I don't have to replace him? My sim, right now, has 6 best friends.

If Gunther Goth is one of your Sim's 6 BF and he has not yet eaten Ambrosia and Gunther dies before your Sim does eat Ambrosia, then, yeah — you have a problem that will need a quick fix. But, as long as your Sim has 6 BF at the time he eats Ambrosia, you're good. You could invite Gunther over for an Ambrosia eating party and see him die the minute after your Sim eats the Ambrosia, and you'd still be okay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1772 on: January 16, 2011, 05:43:57 PM »
Oh my goodness - I will have to read and study this thread a LOT more.  I am really excited to do the Immortal Dynasty Challenge, but I have already made two practice attempts and have failed miserably each time.  I am a player who has really never played without mods, and it is pitifully obvious that I don't have a clue about managing sims' needs or getting them romantically involved on my own.  I've really got my work cut out for me!   :o

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #1773 on: January 16, 2011, 06:31:15 PM »
Oh my goodness - I will have to read and study this thread a LOT more.  I am really excited to do the Immortal Dynasty Challenge, but I have already made two practice attempts and have failed miserably each time.  I am a player who has really never played without mods, and it is pitifully obvious that I don't have a clue about managing sims' needs or getting them romantically involved on my own.  I've really got my work cut out for me!   :o
Believe me, I know how it feels! Before I started my first Dynasty I always cheated. But it does get easier and I'm sure you will appreciate the challenge once you get into it! Good luck :)
My advice is to write notes and categorize everything! That way you have everything you need on hand. I'm not sure if you saw the link Metro gave us on the first page but Pam combined everything you needed to accomplish before Ambrosia into a nifty excel spreadsheet! (it's at the bottom of the first post)

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1774 on: January 16, 2011, 07:27:33 PM »
Thanks, good advice.  Yes, I downloaded Pam's spreadsheet and I have made some notes.  The problem I'm having is I can't even keep my sims' needs met so it's impossible to do any of the rest of the things even when I know what it is I need to do.  Every time she's chatting up a likely male, she needs to go eat or sleep or use the bathroom.  And there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day to skill, romance, work, clean, etc.   

The odd part is that it seems that even when my CAS sim's motive bars are all in the green, and she has positive moodlets, her aspiration is still in the red, like so:

The same doesn't seem to be true though of the EA sim that I partnered her with.  I would suspect a bug of some sort, but others obviously manage to do it just fine so it must just be me. 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1775 on: January 16, 2011, 07:30:17 PM »
Ah, looks like you've been hit with the needs bug, Simmerqueen. Some evidence points to the use of cheap beds as the source of the problem. If you can afford it, get a really nice bed for your Sim, and make sure to exit out of the game completely, and restart your computer.

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1776 on: January 16, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »
Thanks Metropolis Man - that would actually be wonderful if it's a bug, then it would mean that maybe I am not total phail when it comes to sim needs.   ;D  I will try your suggestions, as it's very frustrating when no matter what you do the sim isn't ever out of the red.  I've never seen this before as I always play with mods, so it was really strange for me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #1777 on: January 16, 2011, 10:03:38 PM »
Ah, looks like you've been hit with the needs bug, Simmerqueen. Some evidence points to the use of cheap beds as the source of the problem. If you can afford it, get a really nice bed for your Sim, and make sure to exit out of the game completely, and restart your computer.

Is that really a bug? Great! I just didn't understand why my sims where so depressed all the time - thanks Simmerqueen and Metro  ;D I was starting to feel guilty for being such a bad sim-mother. And I was getting so sick of not ever getting promotions and A's at school. I bought them better beds and apparently what you said was true, Metro... problem solved! :D.

Oh, and don't worry Simmerqueen, I was also a cheater before I started my Dynasty. I was such a fail that I am on my 5th attempt - but now it looks like I'm finally going to make it! It's not too hard after all... for me there were too many requirements to remember, that was it. Once I started writing everything down things got a lot better.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #1778 on: January 16, 2011, 11:47:05 PM »
I hope that bug gets fixed in a patch soon.  It's a real pain in the butt.  Though I assume the spreadsheet, I have not looked at it yet, makes it easier to keep track of the unique opportunities for each Sim.  I think for me, that would be the hardest part of keeping track of stuff, since it is so easy to get a lot of duplicate opportunities.  At the same time, plenty of unique ones if you count work related and skill related opportunities.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1779 on: January 17, 2011, 12:43:07 AM »
The spreadsheet was a lifesaver for me.  I was able to list the name of each opportunity on the tab for the appropriate generation.  I did have to study it as I got further into the challenge to make sure I wasn't duplicating.  Like, look over the opportunities I'd already done before I accepted a new one.  Once I had my unique 6 BlackOps, I tried not to accept any more opportunities for that Sim, just to help make sure I didn't accidentally duplicate one. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #1780 on: January 17, 2011, 01:00:48 AM »
The spreadsheet was a lifesaver for me.  I was able to list the name of each opportunity on the tab for the appropriate generation.  I did have to study it as I got further into the challenge to make sure I wasn't duplicating.  Like, look over the opportunities I'd already done before I accepted a new one.  Once I had my unique 6 BlackOps, I tried not to accept any more opportunities for that Sim, just to help make sure I didn't accidentally duplicate one. 
Yeah I am so afraid of duplicating opportunities once I get more immortals in my house! From now on I will definitely have to do a better job at keeping up with everything. Thanks again for making that spreadsheet!

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1781 on: January 17, 2011, 04:18:28 AM »
Beside spreadsheat, I find it very convenient to write all important things such are blackopps in biography of each Sim, so you won't risk losing your notes. Also, writting them down in dynasty story help too. I have details for dynasty in at least 3 places, so now excuses for me:) Now, if only game would stop crashing when I play dynasty it would be awesome.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1782 on: January 17, 2011, 05:37:26 AM »
Just to make sure once the eighth immortal has eaten ambrosia all official dynasty rules can be broken.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Aiwe

« Reply #1783 on: January 17, 2011, 06:49:25 AM »
... I find it very convenient to write all important things such are blackopps in biography of each Sim, so you won't risk losing your notes...

That's brilliant, I think I'll do that. I'm more worried about duplicating best friends or lifetime rewards though, I figure if I only count career opportunities or ones related to the immortals supermax skill towards black opps I pretty much eliminate the risk of duplicating those.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1784 on: January 17, 2011, 06:55:59 AM »
Just to make sure once the eighth immortal has eaten ambrosia all official dynasty rules can be broken.

Rachel

That's correct.

EDIT: And obviously total up your museum value, etc too.

anything