Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 1531707 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1825 on: January 21, 2011, 04:06:13 AM »
Sorry if this has been answered - I didn't really feel like reading through 183 pages :P
Can the life-time wishes be anything? Or do they have to be skill-related?

I think I'm going to give this a try ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1826 on: January 21, 2011, 04:23:56 AM »
Sorry if this has been answered - I didn't really feel like reading through 183 pages :P
Can the life-time wishes be anything? Or do they have to be skill-related?

I think I'm going to give this a try ;D

They can be anything, as long as each Immortal has a unique Lifetime Wish that none of the others have.  It's helpful if it's skill or career related because then you can sort of get more for your efforts.

I am sooo much wanting to try this, I am not sure about a story line, because that is way to much for me!! LOL but you guys have my head all in knots over the rules!!!

I am totally confused now   :o ??? :-X :-\

Everyone made it more confusing than it needs to be.  If you've read through this entire thread, I don't doubt that you're confused!  Don't worry about a story line.  Writing about a Dynasty is entirely optional.  If you have questions about the rules, go ahead and ask them.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1827 on: January 21, 2011, 04:35:44 AM »
Thanks for that Pam.
Don't worry sdhoey, you're not the only one who's a bit nervous about the whole story line thing!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1828 on: January 21, 2011, 09:24:42 AM »
Also, what level do most people have their graphics settings on?
I think I put mine at the second notch (on the smooth edge setting), but it's still not that great.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1829 on: January 21, 2011, 09:59:04 AM »
I guess that would depend on your computer, as to what settings for your graphics.  I had mine on high on all of them and then when my files got so big and I played for a long time, it kept going to desktop and I kept getting error12.  I turned them down a notch after my dynasty got really large and I try to turn my game off and save as much as possible.  Sometimes it does not matter how good your computer is, sometimes it just can't handle extremely large files in this game.  Others have very little problem.  You can experiment and see which setting is good for your computer.  My dynasty is very large with almost that whole lot covered with something and it is a little slow, but I can handle that.  They don't freeze like they use to.  Good luck and if you have questions, just ask if you can't find the answer. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1830 on: January 21, 2011, 10:29:35 AM »
Thanks Saltypaws.
I think the graphics in your dynasty are great.
I'll have a fiddle around with the settings and see what I can come up with.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1831 on: January 21, 2011, 09:09:09 PM »
Sorry to double post again, but I was wondering about the value of the Immortal Museum.
How do you calculate it?
And is it just the value of the paintings, sculptures and pictures?
Or can you add other things (like Pam added furniture) and add that to the total?

Thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1832 on: January 21, 2011, 10:43:26 PM »
Sorry to double post again, but I was wondering about the value of the Immortal Museum.
How do you calculate it?
And is it just the value of the paintings, sculptures and pictures?
Or can you add other things (like Pam added furniture) and add that to the total?

Thanks.

The value of the Immortal Museum is only the paintings, ice sculptures, and photographs.  You can put other things in it like I did, but they don't count toward the value at the end.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #1833 on: January 22, 2011, 12:15:53 AM »
I have a question. In my dynasty, my founder is about to wrap-up her immortal requirements. She only has to finish her lifetime wish and her 6 best friends. Do old friends count as best friends if they were previously best friends, and they have a full relationship bar?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1834 on: January 22, 2011, 12:39:27 AM »
I have a question. In my dynasty, my founder is about to wrap-up her immortal requirements. She only has to finish her lifetime wish and her 6 best friends. Do old friends count as best friends if they were previously best friends, and they have a full relationship bar?

Yes.  If the relationship bar is as full as a Best Friend, they count.  You can also tell by their placement in the relationship panel.  If the Old Friend is right next to a Best Friend, the Old Friend counts.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #1835 on: January 22, 2011, 12:45:27 AM »
Yes.  If the relationship bar is as full as a Best Friend, they count.  You can also tell by their placement in the relationship panel.  If the Old Friend is right next to a Best Friend, the Old Friend counts.
Okay, thanks Pam. This could have single-handedly ended my dynasty!

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #1836 on: January 22, 2011, 02:14:27 AM »
I might try this challenge at some point, and I've just finished reading though the whole thread, but I am still slightly confused.
I think this is right, if not, please clarify-
Immortal A maxes gardening, painting and Supermaxes (For Ambrosia) fishing.
But here is where I got confused.
Can Immortal B Supermax (For Ambrosia) gardening or painting? Also, I know he/she can't Supermax Fishing but can he/she just max fishing anyway?
Sorry about bringing this up again... :P
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline RJ

• Townie
« Reply #1837 on: January 22, 2011, 03:53:11 AM »
I might try this challenge at some point, and I've just finished reading though the whole thread, but I am still slightly confused.
I think this is right, if not, please clarify-
Immortal A maxes gardening, painting and Supermaxes (For Ambrosia) fishing.
But here is where I got confused.
Can Immortal B Supermax (For Ambrosia) gardening or painting? Also, I know he/she can't Supermax Fishing but can he/she just max fishing anyway?
Sorry about bringing this up again... :P

If A maxes gardening, painting and supermaxes fishing, future immortals are free to max those skills, but cannot count it as their 'unique supermax skill'.  You can get A to say gardening level 7/8 and completely forbid him from going near the plants after he plants life plants and let B continue the gardening so that it counts as his Ambrosia skill.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #1838 on: January 22, 2011, 04:04:46 AM »
If A maxes gardening, painting and supermaxes fishing, future immortals are free to max those skills, but cannot count it as their 'unique supermax skill'.  You can get A to say gardening level 7/8 and completely forbid him from going near the plants after he plants life plants and let B continue the gardening so that it counts as his Ambrosia skill.
Right, thanks.
So if any immortal maxes a skill, no other immortal can claim that as a Supermax. Nor can an early immortal Supermax a skill, then a later immortal max that skill too.
I think.
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline RJ

• Townie
« Reply #1839 on: January 22, 2011, 04:11:55 AM »
Right, thanks.
So if any immortal maxes a skill, no other immortal can claim that as a Supermax. Nor can an early immortal Supermax a skill, then a later immortal max that skill too.
I think.

The first sentence I am pretty sure is true. As for the second I think the later immortal can max it, as long as the early immortal is already immortal and the skill is 'locked in' as his official Supermax skill.

I get confused about such stuff all the time so let's hope someone can come in and clear our doubts lol. It's sometimes troublesome to keep the early immortals from sneakily using skill objects and gaining random skill points. I have to lock everything up so that they can't get to it lol.

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #1840 on: January 22, 2011, 04:20:09 AM »
It's sometimes troublesome to keep the early immortals from sneakily using skill objects and gaining random skill points. I have to lock everything up so that they can't get to it lol.

Tell me about it, my founder keeps trying to sculpt or paint when shes a gardener.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1841 on: January 22, 2011, 06:10:36 AM »
I just read the last few posts and I'm still a little confused.

Just say my first Sim is a gardener and is going to supermax gardening.
Then my second Sim is going to supermax cooking.
Does this mean that my first Sim can not get to level 10 cooking, and can not make Ambrosia?
Or can he get to level 10 of cooking, as long as he doesn't complete the skill journal challenges?

And another example/question.
If my second Sim has supermaxed cooking, can later generations max the cooking skill and make Ambrosia?
Or can only one Sim in the entire dynasty make Ambrosia?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1842 on: January 22, 2011, 07:29:05 AM »
I just read the last few posts and I'm still a little confused.

Does this mean that my first Sim can not get to level 10 cooking, and can not make Ambrosia?

That's right. Remember, your Founder (or any other immortal) isn't tied to maxing ONLY one skill for the Ambrosia requirement. They have to max/SuperMax one unique skill, but that does not mean that's it. Life will be a lot easier on you if you load up your Founder with a few skills. Recipe Man ended up maxing 5 skills in my own Dynasty — gardening, cooking, sculpting, photography, and painting.

Or can he get to level 10 of cooking, as long as he doesn't complete the skill journal challenges?

No. If cooking is your first Sim's SuperMax choice that means that no other immortal can max cooking either. They can push cooking to level 9 and stop, but they can't max it because then it's not unique for your first Sim.

Offline sdhoey

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1843 on: January 22, 2011, 07:44:46 AM »
I might be up too early to be thinking!! LOL But what if Pam or Metro did a sample spreadsheet with "example immortals" just so we have see exactly what we a doing?? Does that make sense? Called it "Immortal Dynasty for Dummies" lol ... ;D ::)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1844 on: January 22, 2011, 07:55:32 AM »
That's right. Remember, your Founder (or any other immortal) isn't tied to maxing ONLY one skill for the Ambrosia requirement. They have to max/SuperMax one unique skill, but that does not mean that's it. Life will be a lot easier on you if you load up your Founder with a few skills. Recipe Man ended up maxing 5 skills in my own Dynasty — gardening, cooking, sculpting, photography, and painting.

Okay, I'm still a little confused. Were you saying yes to the first or the second question?
Because this answer makes this sound correct: If my first Sim is supermaxing gardening, and my second Sim is supermaxing cooking, my first Sim is still allowed to reach level 10 of the cooking skill as long as he doesn't do the skill journal challenges.

No. If cooking is your first Sim's SuperMax choice that means that no other immortal can max cooking either. They can push cooking to level 9 and stop, but they can't max it because then it's not unique for your first Sim.

However, this answer makes that sound incorrect.

You said Recipe Man ended up maxing 5 skills (gardening, cooking, sculpting, photography, and painting). Does this mean that none of your other immortals ever reached level 10 of these skills?

Sorry if I'm making this more confusing  :P

I might be up too early to be thinking!! LOL But what if Pam or Metro did a sample spreadsheet with "example immortals" just so we have see exactly what we a doing?? Does that make sense? Called it "Immortal Dynasty for Dummies" lol ... ;D ::)

That might just be very helpful hahaha.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1845 on: January 22, 2011, 08:06:34 AM »
Okay, I'm still a little confused. Were you saying yes to the first or the second question?
Because this answer makes this sound correct: If my first Sim is supermaxing gardening, and my second Sim is supermaxing cooking, my first Sim is still allowed to reach level 10 of the cooking skill as long as he doesn't do the skill journal challenges.

No. That won't work. An immortal's SuperMax skill means a) all the Skill Journal Challenges have been done for a given skill, and b) no other immortal has maxed that SuperMax skill keeping it unique for the other immortal. So, in your example, maxing cooking is off limits for your first Sim because you plan on having it be the SuperMax skill for your 2nd Sim. That scenario can work, but obviously making Ambrosia would then fall on the shoulders of spouses. Personally, I would not recommend that because spouses will die and then you're faced with no one to make Ambrosia until the next spouse comes along. Of course, there is the Food Replicator option too.

You said Recipe Man ended up maxing 5 skills (gardening, cooking, sculpting, photography, and painting). Does this mean that none of your other immortals ever reached level 10 of these skills?

Yes. The plan from the get-go for me was to have Recipe be a "Super Man" and everyone else sort of be one-trick ponies. It was simpler that way.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1846 on: January 22, 2011, 08:10:48 AM »
Ah, I see.
Thank you so much for that. It's all clear now  ;D

Offline Teresa

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1847 on: January 22, 2011, 08:50:04 AM »
Yes. The plan from the get-go for me was to have Recipe be a "Super Man" and everyone else sort of be one-trick ponies. It was simpler that way.

I have started my second attempt at this yesterday.  My founder will be working on three skills however all other immortals will be one-trick ponies.  This attempt I actually have a plan heading into the challenge.  Cooking will be the only skill I have to watch out for accidental maxing if my plan goes according to plan. 

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #1848 on: January 22, 2011, 12:58:53 PM »
Well, I think I am finally going to give this challenge a shot.  Now I just have to figure out what order I want my immortals to do stuff.  I think one challenge for me will be picking the unique rewards for them.  I have a tendency to like several and keep using them for all Sims.  Though I guess I can use the rewards I almost never use for the unique rewards.  But still, some like steel bladder will be for all.  I guess I'll just play and see how it goes.  And I have to figure out what kind of story I want to try for, and where I want to post it to.  I guess I can just make a thread in the story forum.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #1849 on: January 22, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »
I'm new to this site (apparently, although I thought I had long since registered lol), but I've used it a while and I've been mulling over this challenge for a while.  I'm clear on the SuperMax skill thing, and most everything else, but I do have two questions.  This thread is extremely long, so admittedly I skipped a good bit, so I'll apologize in advance if these questions have already been answered:

1)  Can anyone be moved into the house who is not a spouse and not intended for involvement in the gene pool of the family?  I.E.  Can the Immortal marry someone else, and have a friend move into the household as well (understanding fully that this sim would have to live out their natural life in the house, and would not count as one of the 6 best friends)?

2)  I saw this on one of the first few pages:  am I to understand that the death flower is a one time deal only?  I.E.  Each Immortal only ever gets one.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.