Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941670 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1890 on: January 26, 2011, 09:30:10 PM »
Okay, thanks. I've maxed it before, but I wasn't sure if there were any tricky skill journal challenges. Is it easy to max the self-employed fishing career?

I didn't have any trouble with it.  If your fisherman is catching deathfish every night and if whoever is doing the selling at the Consignment store has a good reputation, you can make a lot of money fishing.  If memory serves, I think James was pulling in over $30,000 a day from fishing.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #1891 on: January 26, 2011, 10:07:06 PM »
Does the money count towards their career if somebody else sells the fish?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1892 on: January 26, 2011, 10:14:21 PM »
Does the money count towards their career if somebody else sells the fish?

The game mechanic should be no different than if someone sells a painter's or sculptor's pieces, and I know those count towards the respective careers.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1893 on: January 26, 2011, 10:39:33 PM »
Seriously, I don't even know the quality of the pieces that went into my museum.  If it was done and looked good, that's good enough for me!

This is also my philosophy - as long as it looks good, in it goes.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Ashel Veh

« Reply #1894 on: January 26, 2011, 11:43:02 PM »
Hello All!

I've been quietly lurking, without joining, at this forum for quite some time and this dynasty challenge as encouraged me to abandon the quietude of lurkdom.  I'm really interested in doing this challenge - it will be completely different from the way I normally play, and I think I'd really enjoy it.  Before I dive in, however, I have a couple of small questions.  I apologize if these have already been asked and answered - I read through about 50 pages of this post - and didn't see them in there - before I finally gave in.

1 - Can I still join in and do this Dynasty Challenge?  I presume yes, as no dates have ever been posted, but I thought I ought to check anyway.

2 - I understand that immortals aren't allowed to utilize the Mid-Life Crisis LTR, but are non-immortals held to the same restriction?

3 - Can an immortal utilize the Change Lifetime Wish LTR?

I think that is everything - every other question that popped up while reading was answered by further reading or by powering through the Dreamweaver Dynasty in two days (Great, by the by!!).

Thanks so much to anyone who can help!  I really appreciate it!

- Ashel Veh

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1895 on: January 27, 2011, 01:53:24 AM »
You can do the Dynasty Challenge whenever you want, it isn't part of the Tournament. There are not really any restrictions for Non-Immortals on what they can and can't do, what ever they do won't affect any Immortals. I think you can as it won't really affect your Immortals, I hope you can as I have done it Twice.  :P

I am not sure about the Change Life Time Wish but if we can then I wonder if it would count as a Unique LTHR?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Ashel Veh

« Reply #1896 on: January 27, 2011, 01:58:58 AM »
You can do the Dynasty Challenge whenever you want, it isn't part of the Tournament. There are not really any restrictions for Non-Immortals on what they can and can't do, what ever they do won't affect any Immortals. I think you can as it won't really affect your Immortals, I hope you can as I have done it Twice.  :P

Thank you so much for the prompt answer!  I already have everything mapped out - sat down and did it tonight as I have a snow day (or "snow night," as the case may be - currently working the graveyard shift).

I am not sure about the Change Life Time Wish but if we can then I wonder if it would count as a Unique LTHR?

I was wondering the same thing. ;)  But, as it turns out I don't think it will be critical or anything.

I can't wait to get started!

Again, thank you very much for your prompt answer.  It was very helpful.

- Ashel Veh

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1897 on: January 27, 2011, 02:04:36 AM »
No Problem.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1898 on: January 27, 2011, 07:13:29 AM »
Welcome to the forum! :)

2 - I understand that immortals aren't allowed to utilize the Mid-Life Crisis LTR, but are non-immortals held to the same restriction?

Non-immortals essentially have no restrictions, as long as you don't cheat and follow the main global rules.

3 - Can an immortal utilize the Change Lifetime Wish LTR?

Yes, and it can be a unique LTR.

Ashel Veh

« Reply #1899 on: January 27, 2011, 09:06:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum! :)

Non-immortals essentially have no restrictions, as long as you don't cheat and follow the main global rules.

Yes, and it can be a unique LTR.

Thank you for the welcome!

Awesome - making my life so much totally easier!  Well, my sims' lives, at any rate.

Thank you for responding so quickly and for your assistance.

- Ashel Veh

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #1900 on: January 27, 2011, 05:32:11 PM »
A new set came out from the store today that includes a community gym.  Are we allowed to place the gym in our dynasty game?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #1901 on: January 27, 2011, 06:54:34 PM »
I discovered something kinda neat (while everyone else probably already knows this, it was a neat discovery for me :P)  My decision to deviate from the norm (with a matriarch instead of a patriarch) has yielded unexpected fruit.

My first addition to the household was good ole' Agnes, and a worthy addition she has been.  I set her to work on cranking out paintings, and managed to SuperMax the skill somewhat quickly.  Pretty good for a non-immortal getting on in the years.  This gave me my first masterpiece portrait for my matriarch, Lilith, and ensured at least a couple more masterpiece additions before Grimmy comes to gather her up.

Christopher Steele ended up being the baby-daddy, and I set him about his task quickly.  The first born immortal-to-be, Belial, was born well before the first week was out.  And here's where I had two fortunate strokes of luck.  First of all, the good camera turned up at the consignment store (no book though).  I managed to get photos of Lilith and Belial both taken by Christopher...so they should skyrocket when he joins Agnes in Grimmy's fold.  The second stroke of luck was that Agnes managed to squeeze off her 5 masterpieces half way through Belial's toddler years.  It only took a couple attempts to his masterpiece portrait in the museum before he aged up.  And his was in the museum a day before Lilith's was.

Here's where the discovery comes in:  I decided for her to continue to have children.  I don't think Agnes is going to hang, so I want to have an artistically inclined mortal around to paint a masterpiece for Lilith's golden years.  After having a second child, I decided that a third child, working a rabbit-hole job, would help add much needed finances to purchase properties for the second generation.  The day before Lilith was due to age up, Christopher fulfilled the duties of "mortal concubine" once more.  The next day, I get the "It's Lilith's birthday!" message.  A couple hours later she's prego.

Apparently, sims don't age up if their in the motherly way.  This gave me a couple of precious extra days to work on her requirements.  Days she needed, since she started at young adult instead of a toddler.  And all done without cheating.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1902 on: January 27, 2011, 07:04:28 PM »
A new set came out from the store today that includes a community gym.  Are we allowed to place the gym in our dynasty game?

No, that requires using Edit Town, which is off limits.  You'll just have to use the gym that originally comes with the town.

@Hosfac:

Your founder didn't marry Christopher?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #1903 on: January 27, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »
Your founder didn't marry Christopher?

Oh, she did marry him, but it was a marriage of convenience, really.  Convenient because he was the only single male in Sunset Valley that I could think of off the top of my head who didn't already have a girlfriend lol.  Plus, he's a Natural Cook, which means he'll excel in the culinary field, learn the Cooking skill quickly and will be able to whip up her first batch of Ambrosia until she can learn to make it herself.  Nothing more convenient than that lol.  And let's talk whirlwind romances, shall we?  She went over to his house just after 9 am, and by 6 pm they were married.  She's more of a tornado, I guess. :P

Of course, seeing as how she's immortal (or will be, anyways), the words "till death do us part" sort of mean something more akin to "for now."
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #1904 on: January 27, 2011, 10:07:22 PM »
I have a best friend question, actually two.

First, My sim was best friends with someone and that put a star next to them in the sim relationship screen, but now they are old friends does that still count?

Second, Do you have to have 6 best friends at the time of eating ambrosia for the first time or can it be that you had 6 best friends through out your life? Example Molly French was a BF, but she just died do I need to get another BF before consuming Ambrosia for the first time?