Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971744 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2040 on: February 14, 2011, 08:02:08 AM »
Am I right in assuming that adventure opportunities can count towards the 6 opportunities needed for a Sim to reach immortality?

Nope. Career, Skill, or Special opportunities. Adventure ones are a different class.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2041 on: February 14, 2011, 08:38:23 AM »
Okay, thanks for that.
I didn't write down any of the names of the adventures anyway, so I'm glad I didn't need to retrace that :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #2042 on: February 17, 2011, 06:55:41 PM »
Hi! I found the Immortal Dynasty challenge while looking through the Guide for building tips, and I thought it sounded like loads of fun so I'm giving it a go. Fortunately pretty much all my questions have been asked and answered in the prior 200+ pages (including "No, you can't turn off vampires in Sunset Valley", grr) (and no, I didn't read all 200+ pages, but Search is my friend, yes? :) ), so I got started a couple days ago, setting up in Sunset Valley, with something of a plan for how jobs, skills, and LTWs for the eight generations should go.

So far....I'm astonished at how far the starting player money doesn't go! I do plan to build a big house, over time, but right now mostly what we've got is different areas laid out with the free floor tiles. But Christopher Steel was a good choice of husband for a female founder - he was, well, kind of easy to woo, he's got good traits to be the cook for the first few batches of Ambrosia we'll need, and he brought enough cash to the wedding that we could move the bathroom indoors. :) He's learned painting pretty quickly, too; after two weeks, give or take, my founder sat for her first portrait (which turned out to be more of a silhouette, thanks to a badly placed light near where she was standing, so she posed a second time, and I think we'll have time for one more crack at it if that one's also unclear), and a couple days later the happy couple became the parents of a baby girl.

The biggest challenge I'm anticipating is the real estate purchase requirement for my first generation (I did luck into a money tree seed, at least; here's to hoping the tree drops more...) - although making six best friends might also be tough, given that out of five coworkers, three just aged up to Elder pretty much simultaneously, so they're probably a good 20+ days older than my Sim. At least her boss got turned into a vampire, and is therefore likely to be around for the foreseeable future...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2043 on: February 17, 2011, 07:01:18 PM »
Hey, cathyknits, welcome to the forum and good luck in the big Immortal Dynasty Challenge. It's lots of fun and we're all here to throw some encouraging words your way. One tip on the BF requirement — try not to make too many BF that are the same age, but rather shoot for friends one bracket below your immortal-to-be.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2044 on: February 17, 2011, 10:08:19 PM »
The biggest challenge I'm anticipating is the real estate purchase requirement for my first generation (I did luck into a money tree seed, at least; here's to hoping the tree drops more...)
Welcome to the forum cathyknits.

I just thought I'd say, about the money tree seeds, that each money tree only drops on seed. This usually happens when the money tree has been perfect quality for a few days.
So if you want lots of money trees, you could go searching for 'special seeds' which I often find around the graveyard and the science facility.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #2045 on: February 18, 2011, 05:33:23 PM »
I've been so nostalgic and avoid reading stories in grief for my Stucksons. Today I reread my story(and many others) and decided to start again. Not just now, there are some building projects, and challenges, but I did figured naming theme and still thinking about strategy with this new aspects some of you brought in. I'll have to restrain from overbuilding and landscaping so my PC could handle it.. And still am thinking should I write this new story or not. This first and only encounter with multigenerational game really add up to my Simming experience, strangely I do care for them ::) Anyway, wish me luck to get this one to the end!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2046 on: February 18, 2011, 06:40:42 PM »
Anyway, wish me luck to get this one to the end!

You got it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2047 on: February 18, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »
Good luck with your new dynasty Anushka I for one really hope you share your story with us.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #2048 on: February 20, 2011, 02:00:38 PM »
Thank you my friends! After this milestone of entering 4. decade, I'll start it, and share the progress :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2049 on: February 20, 2011, 03:23:36 PM »
Thank you my friends! After this milestone of entering 4. decade, I'll start it, and share the progress :D

Happy Birthday!  ;D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2050 on: February 20, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »
Happy birthday to you, Anushka, and good luck with your new dynasty.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #2051 on: February 21, 2011, 04:15:36 AM »
Aw, Happy Birthday, Anushka, and good luck ;D
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2052 on: February 21, 2011, 09:29:03 AM »
Happy Birthday, Anushka!  Best of luck with your new dynasty.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #2053 on: February 21, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
@Metro

Aren't building cheats such as 'MoveObjects on' allowed in the dynasty?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2054 on: February 21, 2011, 06:08:48 PM »
@Metro

Aren't building cheats such as 'MoveObjects on' allowed in the dynasty?

Yes, if you're doing recon work for Katluvr I already discussed this with her via PM.