Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2967421 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2070 on: February 26, 2011, 09:20:24 AM »
If I complete the dynasty challenge again I would want the Khalids to have their moment in the spotlight so the Smiths would have to be removed. I would like to have it mentioned that it was the second time I had completed a dynasty.
After all the Smiths are still on the completed dynasties board so they won't be forgotten.

Of course I still have to complete my current dynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2071 on: February 26, 2011, 09:31:04 AM »
If I complete the dynasty challenge again I would want the Khalids to have their moment in the spotlight so the Smiths would have to be removed. I would like to have it mentioned that it was the second time I had completed a dynasty.
After all the Smiths are still on the completed dynasties board so they won't be forgotten.

Of course I still have to complete my current dynasty.

Rachel

I'll think of something, Rachel, don't worry. Yeah, maybe your first entry could simply be removed. I'm guessing 95% of Dynasty players are not going to be willing to do this challenge twice, so nearly all entries will be a look at one attempt. So, it would be kind of odd if your entry was twice as long as others. Not a huge deal, just looking at the consistency of the Hall of Fame.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2072 on: February 26, 2011, 11:04:13 AM »
Maybe my Smith hall of fame entry could be put at the bottom of my Smith dynasty story leaving room for my new improved higher scoring dynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #2073 on: February 26, 2011, 11:16:36 AM »
I give it a try in Tweenbrook, cause I haven't really played there, and hit a jackpot. Sofia Carlton turn to be almost perfect, only thing is she don't have any skill points except in charisma. She bring in around 20.000 and a 85.000 car in inventory, and since her LTW is Living in a lap of luxury, it was fulfilled as soon as I sold a car. So she got midlife crisis and has left plenty of LTP before changing hairstyle (she even turn pretty after changing makeup and hairstyle), and family has more than 100.000 on a first day. I left them there, cause I'm tempted to move in some artistic slaves to ease the gameplay, but on the other hand, I feel like it is like a cheating even inside the rules..

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2074 on: February 27, 2011, 01:07:26 AM »
@Metro:

Is there any real reason why a person can't have an entry in the HoF for each Immortal Dynasty family that is completed?  I don't know if I'll do a second one, but if I did, I probably wouldn't want to have to choose between my families.  And if someone completes the challenge twice, that seems like it's an accomplishment worth two entries.  But then, if the entries are per player, then I see why it can be only one entry per player and not per Dynasty family.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2075 on: February 27, 2011, 06:22:00 AM »
@Metro:

Is there any real reason why a person can't have an entry in the HoF for each Immortal Dynasty family that is completed?  I don't know if I'll do a second one, but if I did, I probably wouldn't want to have to choose between my families.  And if someone completes the challenge twice, that seems like it's an accomplishment worth two entries.  But then, if the entries are per player, then I see why it can be only one entry per player and not per Dynasty family.

It's definitely not per player, Pam, because there will be another Dynasty I create later this year and that Dynasty will have entries right along in a player's Immortal Dynasty HOF listing. So, yeah, good point. Like I said, I'll figure it out. I won't force a player to choose between 2 families.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #2076 on: March 01, 2011, 01:45:59 AM »
It's definitely not per player, Pam, because there will be another Dynasty I create later this year and that Dynasty will have entries right along in a player's Immortal Dynasty HOF listing. So, yeah, good point. Like I said, I'll figure it out. I won't force a player to choose between 2 families.
Ohhh, another Dynasty ;D
How exciting! Do you have any idea of what it will be like?
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2077 on: March 01, 2011, 01:58:37 AM »
How exciting! Do you have any idea of what it will be like?

No, but it will probably be top secret anyway.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #2078 on: March 01, 2011, 02:07:56 AM »
No, but it will probably be top secret anyway.  D
Aw!
Oh well, then masters of suspence.... Never mind. ;)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2079 on: March 02, 2011, 01:10:35 AM »
I know that the makeover station resets the life stage of the sim, but can we use it on the day they age up? Because that wouldn't affect their age, would it?

The reason I'm asking is because if you want to change the hairstyle for each outfit, you have to go through a lot (plant outfit, change appearance, change outfit, change appearance over and over again). This often makes my game crash because I've entered CAS so many times.

So would it be okay to use the makeover station on the day of the sim aging up so that the hair and outfits can all be changed at once without the life stage resetting?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2080 on: March 02, 2011, 06:32:58 AM »
Alexandria_, I can't change that at this point. I see your reasoning, but we're way past the point of making exceptions with the makeover station given where players are in their games and that some have already finished.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2081 on: March 02, 2011, 06:43:09 AM »
That's fine. I just thought I'd ask :)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #2082 on: March 02, 2011, 08:19:37 AM »
Alexandia, what I do to prevent the crashing from entering CAS too many times, is to save right before they age up, then use the mirror and dresser and save again.  If there are multiple age-ups, then save after each sim is done before starting on the next one.  It takes a while to get through birthdays due to the length of time saving takes, but at least I know I won't lose any work if it does decide to crash.  And for me it always seemed that crashes were more likely to happen the longer I had played without saving.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2083 on: March 02, 2011, 08:52:28 AM »
Thanks tjsmetana.
I usually do that, but like you said, it takes ages to save and sometimes I get a little impatient :P
It also seems to like to crash on me as soon as I enter CAS, but I guess if I save enough it shouldn't matter. At the moment, I'm saving three times per sim day!

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #2084 on: March 02, 2011, 09:03:20 AM »
Sounds about right, I was saving at night once I got everyone to bed (holdover from Sims 2 in I never save when someone is off the lot), then I save before a baby is born and immediately after, then right before and immediately after any birthday or wedding or move out, and then again if they make any changes in the mirror or dresser.  Sometimes I think I spend more time saving then playing.  Longer challenges challenge my patience. :o  That is part of the reason I played mine so fast, so as to get it done before the game tested my patience.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

anything