Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978148 times)

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #315 on: August 29, 2010, 02:02:51 AM »
The game doesn't allow retirement until your Sim reaches Elderly status.

Ah, yeah, I know that, sorry, I should have added if it was okay once an Elder.  I just wasn't sure if Immortals had to keep their careers or not.  I guess the rules don't say they do, so probably not :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #316 on: August 29, 2010, 04:47:10 AM »
Ah, yeah, I know that, sorry, I should have added if it was okay once an Elder.  I just wasn't sure if Immortals had to keep their careers or not.  I guess the rules don't say they do, so probably not :)

Oh, I see.  No, once the career is maxed out for the purposes of becoming an immortal, it's fine to retire.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimmerAtHeart96

« Reply #317 on: August 29, 2010, 05:03:16 AM »
Ooooo, this sounds like fun!
Actually, I've already started. Hannah Starr wants to be a rock star and she already has a friendship with her future husband on Day 2. To get a hubby quickly she's got all 'social' traits. Flirty, family-oriented, friendly, party animal, and charismatic. ;D
It's not as difficult as my previous challenge, and heaps of fun.  :)
I'll also discover a lot about The Sims 3 with all my generations.
Fantastic idea, Metro!!

-Elice-

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #318 on: August 29, 2010, 06:48:09 AM »
We're allowed to start already? Cool. I'm really behind on the challenges with the move but I'm in the mood for some chill time.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #319 on: August 29, 2010, 06:52:00 AM »
Yes some of us have started, check out the share your stories thread for some of them so far.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #320 on: August 29, 2010, 11:02:11 AM »
The game doesn't allow retirement until your Sim reaches Elderly status.

Pam, when I first read this post I thought it meant our Immortals couldn't quit work until they became Elders, then I realized you were talking about the fact that Sims in general can't retire until that age.  But I've just re-read the rules (for the millionth time) and there is nothing there that prohibits our Immortals from quitting their jobs as soon as they've reached level 10, right? 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2010, 11:54:02 AM »
But I've just re-read the rules (for the millionth time) and there is nothing there that prohibits our Immortals from quitting their jobs as soon as they've reached level 10, right? 

Right. Your immortal will obviously have to hit the career cap before first eating Ambrosia but there's no rule that they need to be employed when they eat Ambrosia. That actually wasn't the case in the first edition of the rule set I tossed at Pam. And I don't remember if she suggested it or if I decided to can it, but retiring was forbidden. Period. Even though it kind of carries the immortal theme a little more I'm glad that was changed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2010, 12:22:30 PM »
Thanks for clarifying that point.  My fisherman keeps wanting to pack it in, for some reason, but so far I haven't let him.  My worry is that if he quits this job he's going to start wanting to do something else that might get him into skill territory where I don't want him going.  So keeping him working is basically an attempt to keep him out of trouble.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Storyteller

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a story. How you tell it matters.
« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2010, 12:32:46 PM »
I have a friends question:  When my founder ate ambrosia, he was best friends with six different sims, as per the rules.  Since then, two of his best friends have died and one is about to (you know, the "so and so won't live forever...").    Does my sim need to get another set of best friends in order to eat ambrosia again?  Or is he "set for life"?

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #324 on: August 29, 2010, 12:36:50 PM »
Sorry if this has been asked and I missed it - this thread really exploded in the couple of days I was offline. Does each generation need a spouse or is being impregnated enough and does the spouse count as a best friend (assuming you were best friends before you got married)

curlybennett

« Reply #325 on: August 29, 2010, 12:42:07 PM »
NancyJ, your sims don't have to get married, in fact generation 7 can't get married, because otherwise they woudn't be able to get pregnant :/

Offline Zylphe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #326 on: August 29, 2010, 12:47:24 PM »
Just to make sure -- getting the Food Replicator counts as one of the unique Lifetime Rewards, right?

Also, is using Mid-Life Crisis on a spouse is fine?

I'm pretty sure the answer to both questions is "yes."  I just wanted to make sure before I keep going, though!  Generation 2 has just been born and Perry is getting pretty close to Supermaxing Cooking.

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #327 on: August 29, 2010, 01:03:49 PM »
Oh, one other thing - we're not allowed makeovers but can we use the dresser/mirror in cases of tragically unfashionable offspring? Also can non-immortals get makovers? I'm hoping at the very least non-immortals can use the dresser because my first gen married Ethan Bunch and he's wearing sandals!

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #328 on: August 29, 2010, 01:07:41 PM »
You can use the dressers, just not the makeover station.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #329 on: August 29, 2010, 01:39:11 PM »
oh, one other thing - we're not allowed makeovers but can we use the dresser/mirror in cases of tragically unfashionable offspring? Also can non-immortals get makovers?

Makeovers are banned for the entire household, not just immortals. And curlybennett correctly answered your spouse question.

Just to make sure -- getting the Food Replicator counts as one of the unique Lifetime Rewards, right?

Yep. That’s a good choice too, since you only need one. No Bills Forever is another good choice, especially for the Founder. Collection Helper also excellent choice for the Founder.

Also, is using Mid-Life Crisis on a spouse is fine?

It’s only banned for immortals.